Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 04-23-2017, 12:55 AM

SO WHO ELSE IS KEEN FOR THE REVIVAL?!

I fell in love with Twin Peaks back in high school, I binged watched it while I was meant to be doing assignments, as all good high schoolers do. Also fell in love with Agent Dale Cooper (I even have a necklace with his face on..) as all Twin Peaks fans do too.

The finale of Season Two just ruined me because I knew that an ending would never come.. UNTIL I HEARD THE NEWS THEY WERE DOING A SEASON THREE.

So yeah.. Have you seen Twin Peaks? Did you like it/LOVE IT? If you hated it it's fine too..Are you keen for season three?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-08-2017, 09:36 PM

I love the music, it's hauntingly beautiful.
i'mma give the remake a chance

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-10-2017, 08:52 AM

That's what made me want to watch it actually. The theme is beautiful.

Please do, two weeks to go!

Ignis
SUPERKICK!

Old 05-14-2017, 03:23 AM

i've heard about this show but i don't really know what it is :o

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 05-16-2017, 04:25 AM

I was always obsessed with stories about strange things happening in small towns so naturally 13 year old me gravitated towards the show and quickly became obsessed. Two years ago I even dressed as the Log Lady for Halloween and kept the log, its permanent home being a shelf that hangs over my desk. So naturally when I found out that the show was coming back I had a little bit of a freakout. In the last couple of months I've read "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" and rewatched the show to get ready.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 05-22-2017, 03:45 PM

Having watched the first four episodes now I can say that this is indeed very David Lynch, but I kind of hope they start actually spending more time in Twin Peaks. Without getting too spoilery: It's cool to get more glimpses into the Black Lodge, but every time one of the original characters are there my heart gets happy. So hopefully there's more of that on the horizon.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 05-26-2017, 05:51 AM

Aw, man it's so good seeing other people as excited about this as me! I've watched the first four episodes by now, and even though I'm reasonably confused I'm loving it. I miss the music a lot, but I think the extended silences are very Lynchian, and definitely add to the spooky, otherworldly atmosphere. I loved the scene where *SPOILER* Bobby came into the conference room and saw Laura's portrait and it triggered her theme; I think that scene was one of the truest to the original series, whereas everything else has been giving me a lot more Eraserhead/other Lynch vibes. Also, Doppelcoop's interview in episode 4 was chilling; there's something so delightfully off about it, and Albert was so clearly unnerved.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 05-27-2017, 02:58 AM

Dude I felt the same way about the Bobby scene. I also quite liked the scene with Michael Cera as Andy and Lucy's son. It definitely felt a little more like the original offbeat humor and tone that played a major role in the original series.

Another thing I've been thinking a lot about is how far television has come in regards to cinematography and special effects. There are just parts where it feels like the technology has caught up with Lynch's vision.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 AM

Oh man, Michael Cera as Wally was wild. His speech about his shadow was hilarious, and very much in keeping with original Peaks.

And yeah, definitely I think it's fascinating how far television has come as a medium. I'll be honest and say that a few of the effects have made me laugh so far (like Coop flying through space), but I think that's also just part of Lynch's charm. One thing that seems really emblematic of Lynch's work for me is that often things are dialed up to 11 (acting, effects, the freakin' long pauses in speech... etc.), but it never seems to detract from the intent of the scene. It's literally like a dream; it's about feeling over realism. Like, it's easy to look at some of the narm present in the series and laugh at it, but once you open yourself up to it and let yourself get swept away it's actually pretty heartbreaking and powerful a lot of the time, and the over exaggeration of everything just adds to the atmosphere.

Anyway, I'm rambling

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 01:41 AM

Ramble away zeaper I quite enjoy it

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 06-07-2017, 04:36 AM

Anyone else watched episode 5 yet?

Spoilers under the cut

SPOILERX

I actually almost started crying a few times this episode; Coop crying while looking at Sonny Jim, Coop's near-lucidity at the mention of the word 'agent', his fascination with the statue... I'm really enjoying this so far. I'm really looking forward to when Coop, (hopefully) gets back to his old self.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-13-2017, 12:10 AM

I've missed like most all of them I saw some of episode 7 the waitress and the pie giggling lady made me giggle every time *giggles just thinking about her* but then I sobbed too, you know not going to give any spoilers away

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-08-2017, 08:47 AM

GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THIS TOO. SORRY EVERYONE.

IM HERE TO YELL ABOUT EPISODE 13'S ROADHOUSE PERFORMANCE. DAVID LYNCH HAS REACHED PEAK TWIN PEAKS.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 08-18-2017, 02:54 PM

Gosh this show has just been a trip so far. It's been kind of hilarious because all throughout the summer whenever I find time to watch the most recent episode, someone has inevitably shown up to hang out and they get sucked into it. Watching them try to grasp what's happening on screen with zero context has been kind of hilarious and "I am not your foot." has become a regularly quoted line between my friends and I.

And excuse me while I get emotional over Dale and Bobby at any given moment.

I'm also super excited for the second book that they'll be releasing at the end of October.

Last edited by Apicula; 08-18-2017 at 02:57 PM..

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 08-21-2017, 04:29 PM

So I'm not going to lie... still a little emotional about last night's episode.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 08-28-2017, 04:53 AM

SPOILERX

The classic theme playing over a scene in which Dale says the words, "I am the FBI." I Live. OUR BOY IS BACK.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-02-2017, 01:38 PM

I forgot to watch

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 09-03-2017, 03:45 AM

It's the only show I've kept up with all summer. I've been too busy for tv, but seeing as I've been obsessed with this show for about half my life I think it deserves special treatment.

I'm just sad because no one, not even my friends who were fans of the original show, have seen it so I've had all these thoughts and feelings, but have had no one to talk to.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-03-2017, 04:27 AM

Aw, you always have us.

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-12-2017, 02:34 AM

I just got into Twin Peaks because of a friend.
It's so weird but in a way you can't look away.
I just got to the most recent season so I'm interested to see how things turned out.

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 09-12-2017, 02:41 AM

Well, Consarn, get ready for a T r i p. The new season was a wild ride from start to finish.

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-14-2017, 01:33 AM

Now I'm scared lol.
Then again with the way the second season ended..... I'm not surprised.
I can't imagine having to wait 25 years after an ending like that.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-14-2017, 01:45 AM

I just watched the finale...twice.
I still don't know what I watched o.O

Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 09-14-2017, 03:08 AM

I kind of loved it? At first I was really torn about how I felt about it, but the more I thought about it the more I was like "You know what? This is so on brand." And I, for one, cannot Wait for the second book to come out in October. I also kind of want to rewatch the whole season now. (I also kind of want to be Diane for Halloween?)

Also Consarn: The wait wasn't a fun one. Especially all those years where it looked like we weren't going to get anything.

Consarn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-14-2017, 03:16 AM

The joys of liking cult classics huh?