Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-13-2018, 07:27 PM

So, after finishing Full Metal Alchemist, me and my roommate are starved to watch more anime. However, we'd prefer a shorter series that's finished, definitely finished. Shonen and action anime would fit with what we just watched, but I'm not opposed to a good slice of life type either. Any suggestions?

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-10-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
So, after finishing Full Metal Alchemist, me and my roommate are starved to watch more anime. However, we'd prefer a shorter series that's finished, definitely finished. Shonen and action anime would fit with what we just watched, but I'm not opposed to a good slice of life type either. Any suggestions?
C – The Money of Soul and Possibility - Control (C for short) is a short shonen like anime. Only 11 episodes. The anime can be considered a slice of life as well.
C – The Money of Soul and Possibility - Control << Here's a description.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2019, 06:01 PM

I don't know what you've already seen? Short and finished shonen/action? I would say Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-13-2019, 12:12 AM

Oh, I think you’d like K (Project) and Noragami~

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-15-2019, 06:01 PM

I've been trying to get my roomie to watch Cowboy Bebop with me. I've seen all the episodes, though not necessarily in order. We actually want to watch Yu Yu Hakashu again, but we also can't find it anywhere. I loved that one growing up!!

I know I've seen K(project) stuff on the doujinshi site I hang out on. What's it about? Is that one of the one related to idols and music stuff??

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-15-2019, 06:36 PM

lol No. It’s sorta about street gangs and a local government agency. The leader of each group has special powers and they can give their special powers to their underlings if they remain loyal to them. Each leader is like considered a “king.” And then the story focuses on a boy who lost his memories and how he’s blamed for the murder of a king’s friend. Apparently a king can give special powers to animals too, cuz one of the main characters was originally a cat. I love it. * u* It’s very intriguing.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 AM

Huh, that sounds cool. The power concept reminds me of Magi a bit. I like gangster AU's from time to time though. Some of them get pretty typical though.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-22-2019, 02:11 PM

A really good one is Erased. Only 12 episodes and it keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

Trigun is a classic, and Assassination Classroom is decent, then there's FLCL. I absolutely hate Death Parade and Ergo Proxy was a dud in my opinion, but both of them have a decent number of fans.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 11-30-2019, 12:30 AM

You hurt my heart saying you "absolutely hate" Death Parade. ;; A;; I think it has some crazy moments/scenes but it was beautiful and has very relatable content... It's one of my faves.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-30-2019, 01:31 AM

Sorry! I suppose I just really didn't like the concept in action. I think it being such a beautiful anime is what made me more disappointed. That opening is still a Top 5.