Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 01:36 AM

Cloud: Ah, I'm sure mixing your schoolwork with the novel helped you reach such a high word goal. Haha, I guess you don't want to keep your essays in there?

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-30-2014, 01:38 AM

Kat: Yep, and I managed to pass all my classes that semester - pretty sure I'm remembering correctly with 4 A's and a B. Haha, nope! I can also take out that she was taking those classes - I do want her in school, but not in those classes. Haha! I had to find a way to work NaNo around my essays and all of that! :P They're coming out when I find the energy to actually edit that crazy first draft!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-30-2014, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
aw lucky! What sort of job, Papi? I still haven't gotten one, but apparently I'm very lazy at this. >.>
A job at the library. A six month internship type thing, really. All you need is some college education, and I certainly have that.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 01:40 AM

Quote:
I think Chexala looks wonderfully beautiful. You can always do a little nanoing without being serious if you think it will be too much stress. Set a low word count. Wouldn't want to neglect those papers!
Thanks! And yes, this is true. Maybe I should set myself a mild daily word goal, and just see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
CHex, Cloud will understand your dilemma there, she had studies too, and they must come first!

But then, you don't HAVE to aim for 50k, you could just set yourself a target that you feel you could get, like 25k, or 10k.

It's good to get you writing again if you haven't for a while :)
I'm so entrenched in the 50k goal, it doesn't seem quite right to do less. But the real goal is just th writing, not how much you write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudDreamer View Post
Lavi: Haha, did you ever manage to duplicate what you managed to do and get it perfect again?

Traveling, even within your own country, is just so crazy expensive!!

PapillonCameo: Thanks!

Chexala: One semester I managed to write all of my essays and things I had to write into my novel - my character just happened to be taking all the same classes as me. xDD LOL. Haha!

---------- Post added 10-29-2014 at 06:31 PM ----------

But but but... writing is just so much fun... School is boring. Must I do school work too? jk jk. Of course school comes first! :P I can totally relate to the whole problem of wanting to write but then there's school. xD I also do better under pressure with everything, It'll all get done - I'll write 50k+ as well as manage to pass all my classes! ^_^
Hah! That's awesome. I don't think I could wrangle my papers into my novel, sadly. I'm thinking of writing a historical romance, which doesn't really fit with my courses.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-30-2014, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Hah! That's awesome. I don't think I could wrangle my papers into my novel, sadly. I'm thinking of writing a historical romance, which doesn't really fit with my courses.
Yeah - it made me laugh - I basically just directly copied and pasted in my essays into my novel.

Darn!! :(

And I know the feeling about needing to hit that 50k goal if you're going to go for it - go all the way. And with the genre that I'm writing - Romantic Mystery (at least that's what it is now) - I don't think my Deaf Studies papers will fit in there, sadly. Darn!

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 10-30-2014, 01:44 AM

Haha sorry cloud i totally forgot what i said about the steak xD

Brain fart or what :P

Ack, i'd love to work in a library, or run one of them small old looking book shops

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 01:44 AM

Papi: A library?!! Awesome. I would love to work there. I tried to applying but they have a weird system and every time I submit an application, it comes out blank. There's no books store within 45 minutes of me either.

Chex: Small word goals are admirable.

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 10-30-2014, 01:47 AM

So does anybody need help with characters or plots?

Im struggling with character buildings at the moment in the roleplay (which im using as my Nano for those who don't know)

Like i have a bad character but im struggling to make her sound less cute and more sinister xD

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-30-2014, 01:47 AM

Lavi: No worries! you were saying that it was done perfectly and cooked just right. :)

It was late for me when that came up so it was uber late (or early in the morning) for you. :P No wonder the brain fart happened!

---------- Post added 10-29-2014 at 06:47 PM ----------

I really have no characters, just know that it's a Romantic Mystery... and hehe... yeah - I rarely plan. But lack of planning has worked for me three years now. So it should work for me again... in theory.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 01:48 AM

I'm using a fanfic for my novel so the characters aren't troublesome for me. XD I already have 15k written.

I think sinister and cute is a very very good mix though. It's disturbing if you do it right.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-30-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Papi: A library?!! Awesome. I would love to work there. I tried to applying but they have a weird system and every time I submit an application, it comes out blank. There's no books store within 45 minutes of me either.

Chex: Small word goals are admirable.
Yeah, a library! I was so lucky too, I applied the day before the posting ended, and got an e-mail about the interview just two days later.

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 10-30-2014, 01:49 AM

As for the world goals, i've honestly not made it to 50k yet myself, the first year i wasn't working but i made the mistake of reading it once it reached 25k and hated it so i couldn't go on (seriously, don't do it!)

The second year i was working full time at a restaurant from 12-12 pretty much so hardly had time, but i still managed to get 25k cause i kept writing like 5-7k on the days off.

SO im convinced i can do it this year as i'm not working, and its a roleplay, so the other two partners can spur me on ^_^

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 01:51 AM

Aw, I hope it works out well for you, Papi.

When I did nano as an rp before, me and my partner split the 50k between us. I thought it would be chill that way, though it's probably proper if both partners are using it as their nano story to aim for 100k. lol.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

You can dooooo it Lavi! You can do it!!!

(Totally off topic -I really don't like that the Taters are yellow... it makes me think I have a new notification... It throws me off and bothers me. :/ )

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Quote:
I'm using a fanfic for my novel so the characters aren't troublesome for me. XD I already have 15k written.

I think sinister and cute is a very very good mix though. It's disturbing if you do it right.
Haha, thats good. I've never done a fanfic, i tried an rp for being human once but it didnt last very long :(

And yeah, disturbing is what im going for. She's kinda manipulative, but a little bit evil too, she just wants to be queen desperately so she'll do anything to get it. And she's so mean to her slaves (she's an ancient egyptian princess and the prince is medieval england style, yeah...totes a strange rp)

I think she's got a Prince fooled, but those from her own family know she's a bad egg, so it could get interesting if i do it right xD

---------- Post added 10-30-2014 at 02:53 AM ----------

Kat - yeah that would be fun, to be honest i bet all 3 of us could write 50k, perhaps more, i may just count it all up in one document and put them separately in others to see how much we all write, it'll be fun to see how much we manage!

---------- Post added 10-30-2014 at 02:53 AM ----------

CLoud - d'aww i know what you mean with the taters, and why are they called taters?!

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-30-2014, 01:54 AM

Lavi: It really is bothering me. I'm just bothered by everything tonight... I really want to throw things at specific people... bleh. :/ And I don't know... I blame Yan. xD

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-30-2014, 01:55 AM

I never managed to get the whole 50k before. This year though, I believe I'll be able to do it.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-30-2014, 01:56 AM

Good luck, you can do it!! It is possible! I've managed it for three years in a row - while going to school full time! ^^

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

For some reason, fanfic is all I can do right now. It's a little sad, but still fun. I wouldn't mind making my story into an original one later.

She sounds like a wonderful character. I like a manipulative sort especially if their in a role where you should be able to respect and trust them, like authority.

You should totally drag your partners into the nanoing!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Nyuuugh, I want to work in a library. *Is in library school.* I should see if I can volunteer at the community library in my town. I applied for a job at the local bookstore, and I think I'm at the top of their list if a spot opens up, but they're fully staffed right now.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Quote:
Aw, I hope it works out well for you, Papi.

When I did nano as an rp before, me and my partner split the 50k between us. I thought it would be chill that way, though it's probably proper if both partners are using it as their nano story to aim for 100k. lol.
Well apparently everyone thinks working at the library would be perfect for me ... So I'm pretty sure I'll get the job. XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-30-2014, 01:58 AM

Papi really does seem like the sort for a library. I've volunteered there before and it's fun! I like sorting things. :3

I've reached my 50k like...six times now. I dunno. The only did I didn't reach was when me and Tachi tried to rp it.
This year I'm aiming for 55k and I'm still miffed I can't edit my word goal like you can for camp!

Lavinia
Queen Procrastinator!

Old 10-30-2014, 01:59 AM

We all want to work in a library right? Lets put our money together after studies are finished and build one! xDD

Now just to decide where

hah Cloud, it would probably be better if they didn't change the style at the top, its boring again xD

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 10-30-2014, 02:00 AM

Chexala- I'm not in library school. If I like this I'll probably go to library school, eventually.

CloudDreamer- Thanks! I'm working on an idea I've had for years, well no .. I just remembered it, lol.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-30-2014, 02:02 AM

Put big Halloween bowl of candy out for everyone to enjoy. I'll help out around by bring so yummy's maybe some drinks to.