Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 02-22-2018, 07:23 PM

Issac didn't really notice Nathan's stumble at his joke, and just shook his head. "not at all, everyone has their own likes and dislikes" he took another drink of his rum and coke. "for me I am not that tech savvy. I would rather be working with my hands. I don't even own a cell phone." he chuckled. "that's insane right? I mean who in this day and age doesn't have a cell phone?" he asked more to himself then to Nathan. he took another, bigger, drink. looking over he saw that the billiards table was open. "wanna play?" he asked with a small nod towards the table.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2018, 09:11 PM

Nathan's eyebrow quirked up to his hairline. "No cellphone? But that's common sense to have!" he exclaimed. "What if there's an emergency, or your mum calls?" His mind boggled, he just stared at Issac for a second, even after he asked a question. Blinking, he shook his head, realizing only a half minute later that he needed to answer. "Huh? What? Oh sure, though I'm not good at games like that. Hand-eye coordination or something like that." Nathan took another swig of his drink, leaving most ice cubes behind before he pushed back his chair. "But I don't mind if you insist."

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 02-27-2018, 11:26 PM

Issac nodded. "i do. i think it could be fun." then he got up and went over to the bartender to get the balls for the game. walking over to the billiards table he grabbed the triangle rack and set the game up. solid stripe, solid stripe, all the way around the triangle, then he placed the black 8 ball on the top of the others instead of in the opening in the center. he placed his fingers inside the rim of the bottom of the triangle, and gave a little shove forward with his hands. causing the 8 ball to fall tightly into its place in the center. then he removed the triangle and brought they white q ball to the other side of the table for Nathan. "alright you are up, I never break my own rack.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-03-2018, 11:34 PM

Nathan watched with an odd fascination as Issac set up the game. Clearly he was familiar with it in a way that Nathan probably never would be. Holding the cue stick in a way that he thought looked right, but still felt awkward, he eyed the table. "Really? Okay though I hope we don't play too seriously. I can't do more than hit a few balls from time to time. I'm supposed to hit this white one into the rest of them, right?" He made a slight face, wondering how he might possibly keep a disaster from happening. He wanted to look cool in front of Issac, or at least cute. At least he would get to steal a few good looks at the other man's butt though.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 03-04-2018, 05:20 AM

Issac watched Nathan take the pool cue awkwardly and couldn't help but smile. "here let me help you out a bit" he said walking up behind him. he put his arms around Nathan to show him how to hold the pool cue. "you want to hold it with this hand back here" he said moving Nathans hand toward the end. "and then with this hand keep it loose, you should be able to gently move the Que back and forth without any friction." he demonstrated by pulling Nathan's back hand gently back and then pushing it forward. "see how it just slides gently? Now when go to hit the white ball, put a little bit of force into it from your back hand. this front one is just to keep the Que stable." Issac let go of Nathan and stepped away.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-08-2018, 12:37 AM

Oh god. Issac was actively trying to kill him right? Did the other man even remember he was gay? Nathan tried his best to listen and not thinking inappropriate thoughts when Issac readjusted his hands on the pool cue, standing too close for comfort. Or too close not to feel comfortable and happy, depending on how he looked at it. It really was a pity he would never win the other man's heart or body. "Uh....right?" Nathan muttered, knowing he sounded stupid and lost. But could he be blamed? He realized Issac prompted him to actually do something so after a second more, he followed Issac's instructions as best as he could and propelled the cue stick forward, hitting with ball with more force than he meant. It went careening into the triangle of other balls, spilling them in all directions across the table. Nathan glanced back at Issac. "I hope I did that correctly."

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 03-13-2018, 10:02 PM

Issac smiled as he saw Nathan's break. it was a really good break that left many possibilities open. for both of them. "that looked great. now it's my turn." he said as he picked up his pool Que. he looked at the table thinking of the best possible shot to take. Nathan hadn't actually sunk a ball, so the table was still considered open. after a moment of looking at the table he saw the perfect shot. he walked over to right in front of where Nathan was standing and bent over the table to take his shot. pulling back on his Que a few times just to make sure it would slide nicely through his fingertips, he curled his index finger over the top of the Que to make sure it would be steady as he mad his shot. then he thrust the Que forward, hitting the Que ball into the yellow stripped nine ball, that hit into another stripped ball, sending them both rolling into the side pocket. Issac smiled as he stood upright.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-17-2018, 07:01 PM

Nathan wasn't sure if his break really was great or if Issac just said that, but he stepped back, content to watch the other man play instead. Eyes sliding over Issac instead of the table, Nathan let his mind drift. This really did feel like a date and he wondered with Issac even noticed. He seemed so casual and calm, even knowing that Nathan wanted to pursue him. Was he really that straight or did he just never realize? The sound of the balls clunking together into the pocket pulled him back out of his thoughts. "Oh...wow, you put in two balls. I guess that's how it's supposed to be played. My turn now?" he asked, not sure since he could only speculate on the rules of this game. Still, it was fun as long as he played with Issac.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 04-26-2018, 08:20 PM

Issac was somewhat amazed that the shot he had intended had actually worked out in his favor. he had never really been a good pool player. then he heard Nathan talking. it took him a second to pull his thoughts together. "um no. Its still my turn until I miss a shot." he said. then he casually walked over to where the cue ball lay. he didn't really have any shots that he could make, at least none that he saw. so he just shot at one of them. it wasn't a surprise to him that the ball rebounded off of the side of the table and didn't go into one of the pockets. however he shook his head anyway. "well I guess its your turn now." he said. then thought about it a moment. "I'm going to get another drink, do you want one?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-28-2018, 10:34 PM

Nathan pouted slightly, but felt a little bit relieved to watch Issac play more. He didn't think he would pick up much from it, but there was at least some hope that he might improve his own game that way. And well, he just liked watching Issac. "Oh yeah, another drink sounds great. I doubt I'll ever get good at this game, so maybe the alcohol will improve things a bit," he added with a laugh. Bending over the pool table, he tried to line up a shot, his attention fully on the game rather than Issac this time. Taking a shot, he watched the balls careen across the green carpeting, one ball hitting near a pocket before rolling on by. "Ah, at least I was closer this time. With luck I'll eventually get one in."

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 05-16-2018, 01:56 AM

Issac smiled. "that was good" he said as he grabbed both glasses from the table to take them back to the bar. he knew that if he left them there the bartender would end up cleaning them up, however he hated just leaving a mess around. if it was something he could do, he did it. he walked over to the bar and sat the glasses on the counter. after ordering another round of drinks he went back to the table. as he sat the drinks down he smiled. he was actually having fun. it was the first time he had allowed himself to really let loose and have fun since Bella passed. he decided then and there that this was something he would have to allow himself to do more often. even if only once a week. Issac walked over to the pool table. "so I guess its my turn again." he said. he hit lined up his shot, pulled back on his Que, and as he was pushing forward his gaze traveled over to Nathan. His Que grazed the Que ball and sent it veering to the left right into the black 8 ball. it only tapped the ball however it was hard enough to send it rolling gently into the nearby side pocket. "ah damn," he said his Scottish accent becoming a bit more prominent with the alcohol. "well i guess this means that ye won." he said with a small smile forming."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-24-2018, 05:23 PM

Nathan took his drink, focusing on that rather than the game. He couldn't help it since pool didn't interest him, even the winning or losing. Watching the eight ball roll into the pocket, he stepped up beside Issac again. "Did I? Ah, I really don't get it, so we'll just have to keep coming back here. Like, maybe every Friday after work? Kick off the weekend right..." His voice trailed off, growing deep as he let himself get lost in the dream. Was it alright to take this night as a sign that he could pursue Issac? Leaning forward, his eyes on Issac's, he felt like he couldn't stop himself. Quick, walk away Issac or I'll just keep going. Quick, before I get my own heart hurt.