Ever_After
All shall come to a happy end

Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM

Roleplay by Ever and Insanity

Name/Hero name: Leo Cage/ NightWatcher but with out the red hair.
Bio: At the age of ten Leo was adopted by the widower Mr. Nicolas Weaver. For a young orphan it was like a movie being adopted by a wealthy single father. Now he would have a father and an older sister.It wasn't until he was moved in that the true motive behind the adoption. Nicolas wanted to create a superhero to go against the crime of the city. So for eight years he was trained before he was sent out into the city as NightWatcher. Now he with Oracle, his adopted sister, as his tech support and the inventor of the gadgets he uses he has been keeping the city safe. As Leo he is an Astronomy major living in an apartment off of campus.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Forever Questioning the Unknown

Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 PM

((Minus the heart tattoo on the face and the flower's in her hair.))

Name: Eliza "Ell" von Strauss
Bio: Eliza is a German-American, her parents moved back to Germany to deal with legal issue's involving her older Brother. She currently lives alone in a two bedroom apartment with her black cat: Jeiger, and her Mother's calico cat: Domino. This is her third year of attending the nearby college, majoring in both History and Anthropology.

Last edited by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX; 09-10-2012 at 03:12 AM..

Ever_After

Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 AM

The sky was starless, though it was rare to see stars most nights, their light being over powered by the artificial light produced by the metropolis below.On top of one of the buildings in said city a figure clad in black and blue leaned over the railing staring at his city.The papers had taken to calling him NightWatcher some years ago and if anyone was to ask him the young hero would admit to liking the name.Of course when he was given the name he was 18 and had to crawl home bleeding a couple of times before the city started to notice him.Now after a night of two bank robberies and breaking up a major drug deal on the docks he could safely call it a slow night. Which sadly said something about the city that he protected.

"All clear on the east and north side of town."
A clear and feminine voice cut through the sound of the city below.had anyone else been on the roof with him they wouldn't have heard Oracle's voice due to it coming from the ear bud that was held in his ear by some substance she had gotten her hands on that could only be removed with a special kind of liquid remover. Really he had given up trying to understand the devices and chemicals that Oracle gave him in his early teens. She had designed and made his suit and for the longest time she had to direct him on how to use it.

Pushing off of the ledge masked eyes took in the sky line in the direction of his apartment. "You should end patrol you have to meet up with your adviser tomorrow to go over intern options this semester." For the briefest second confusion danced across his face but it was gone as fast as it had appeared. See he was sure he hadn't even mentioned going to see his adviser. Oracle, or Evelyn as was her real name, had always been scary like that. The girl knew just about everything and rarely showed emotion. " You're really freaking me out, you know?" They were siblings, sparing buddies, partners in this quest to clean up the city. Still she could scare the pants off of him more then any other waste of human flesh that he fought.

Taking a running leap off of the building he let his grappling hook cut through the air and attach it's self to the closets building as he free fell. Once the line was tight he swung through the air in the direction of his humble abode. The ride through the city's sky kicked up his adrenaline and by the time he landed in the dark alley across from his apartment building he was wondering how he was ever going to get to sleep. Slipping into the sewer she walked under the street to the nice new latter that had been built to lead up into the buildings basement. It helped when you foster dad had money and pull in the city, things like secret ladders and new construction to a basement were easily over looked. It was behind a false wall in a room where he changed out of his NightWatcher costume and into the plain clothes of Leo Cage. Mild mannered astronomy major ( I had to use it at least once). After checking that all was clear the dark haired man mad his way p the stairs towards his third floor apartment.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-01-2012, 05:49 AM

Eliza paced around her dimly lit room a bit nervous, this was the first semester without her parents being around. The promised they'd call her as soon as they settled in at her Brother's place. Her insomnia plagued her as it always did she sighed, grabbed a jacket--pulled it on, and grabbed her keys and phone--stuffed them in her pocket. She then headed out of her apartment, then locked the door behind herself.

She quietly left her apartment, got onto her pan head, kick started it, and then took off. Relief washed over her as her problems swept past her whilst the wind whipped through her hair. She rode for miles, she turned back when she realized the star had started to vanish from overhead. It's probably about five, I had better head back to get some sleep before my afternoon classes, she though.

Ever_After

Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 AM

Locking the door to 3c behind him Leo stretched his arms high over his head and listened to this knuckles and shoulders pop. It was a slow night but still he had stayed out long enough that you could almost call it early morning. This was why he had always tried to schedule afternoon classes. Sure it took him a little longer to graduate but his nights were free and he wasn't piss poor tired in the mornings. Meeting with advisers however were scheduled at the convince of both parties and since he very well couldn't say 'that no nine o'clock doesn't work for me since I'll be out the night before saving the city as the hero NightWatcher'.

It really put a damper on having most of the night off. However no matter how early he needed to get up he was just too wired to sleep. Stripping off his shirt and tossing somewhere in the general direction of his hamper he walked over to his small kitchen. It was just big enough for a single twenty something male who couldn't cook to survive. Digging out one of the three pots that he own he got to work on making his specialty;Raman. Turning on the ipod that sat on his island Leo got busy filling up the pot while Fun's new album blared through the apartment.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-04-2012, 01:17 AM

Once she got home--she pulled her pan head into the garage and locked the garage door back. She noticed that the door into the apartment was at an odd angle. This riled her nerves quite a bit, she grabbed the baseball bat near where she parked her bike, gripped it readily in her hands, and slowly pushed the door the rest of the way open. She entered the apartment cautiously, even though her re-entrance on her bike was none too quiet. She headed through the kitchen into the living room and was blind sided by a strange man in a mask, where she fell unconsciously onto the carpet.

She woke up almost three hours later--her vision blurred, but she could make out her and her Mother's cat in a carrier. She tried to roll over but she had been hogged tied, unable to move. A strange man was settled in on the couch, " Glad to see you're finally back with the waking world, now I will ask you this once before I become aggressive. Where is he?"

She coughed and struggled to clear her throat, "Where is who?"

"You know who. The NightWatcher, that's who. Now, where is he?"

"Do you seriously think I have the time to find out who the hell this city's caped crusader is? I live with my parents, work on motorcycle's, and am a full time student. Check my wallet it's in my back pocket, jerk off," she growled.

Another man walked over to her, pulled her wallet from her pocket and verified what he said, "Well then, my apologies. Dev, ready the car we're leaving."

A few minutes later and they were gone, " You've got to be kidding me. She sighed, then had begun to yell, "Can somebody please help me?! Hello?!" As she yelled her head began to throb even more. "Somebody?!"

Ever_After

Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM

Some Nights had just ended drowning the apartment in silence with the exception of Leo's fork scratching against he plastic of his bowl. The noodles were a little over cooked since he had gotten distracted by singing into his spoon but it wasn't the worse food he had ever made. Lifting the bowl up to his mouth and scrapping he last bites of over soggy noodles into his mouth he almost dropped his bowl on his face when the unmistakable sound of a girl calling for help reached his ears. It was muffled but he could tell it was coming for the apartment building. Slamming the bowl onto his table he tabled the comms link in his ear while he made his way for the door. "Oracle distress call in my building got a visual?" His sister had access to every camera in the city- not legally of course but she only sued it for good. There where at least ten different cameras on swivels she could move to face into his own apartment so he figured she could see into the other tenets as well.

After a few seconds of standing in front of his door waiting to burst out there and help a some what tired voice rang in his ears. "Yes two men fleeing apartment 1A.(you didn't specify if she was on the first floor or not if you want her in another just let me know and I'll change it)Tracking them now. Civilian tied up in the apartment handle her first. Preferable in civies. I'll let you know when I have their location."
"Got it."
Opening in the door he made his way as quickly as he could to the ground floor. Knocking on the door he used his best ' concerned citizen voice.' to call out into the apartment." Uh hello. I was walking coming in and I heard someone call for help." He figured that was believe able enough. Since it was mainly college students who lived in the apartments people were always coming or going at all hours of the night.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 AM

"Go around to the back door, I'm not in the position to open the front door at the moment. I'm a bit tied up.." She sighed, her head was practically screaming from the intense pain. She tried to turn her body in the direction of the back door so that she could see who was about to come in. She couldn't even muster the strength to move much more than a centimeter before her bindings tightened slightly. "You're going to need a knife from the kitchen when you get in, there's no way in hell you're going to be able to untie me.." She continued and she relaxed her body again, trying to ignore the extreme pain that coursing around her body.

Ever_After

Old 09-11-2012, 04:48 AM

Staring down at the door knob Leo figured that he could pick the lock or simply break it and blame it on the men that Oracle was tracking.It would be faster but would spark way to many questions."Okay I'll be right there." Pushing away from the door he ran out of the front and around the corner. The back door to the buildings apartments were connected to these little porches that really could only hold a chair and maybe a small grill. His training and years of practice had him taking in the entire scene while still making to her back door in record time. Pushing open the back door the scene playing out on the living room floor."Oh god, Are you okay...stupid question." Putting on the normal civilian voice he acted about as surprised as anyone else would. Bending down to the girls level he rested a hand on her shoulder. " Listen my name is Leo Cage and I'm ,uh, going to help you okay."
Standing up he looked around for any sign of where the kitchen could be. His apartment was setup much differently. Even if he did already have the floor plan for every apartment. once he felt he took a reasonable look around Leo headed where he knew the kitchen to be and searched for a knife. heading back into the living room he bent down to stare into the girls face. "I'm going to cut the ropes now."

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 AM

She sighed and whispered to herself, as her vision went a bit fuzzy, "Thank you. I feel like I'm going to throw up and I can't see all that well, so no I'm not okay. I'm Eliza von Strauss." She paused her mind completely hazy, "You were in a few of my afternoon classes, I think."

She felt even more woozy I she continued to talk, "I don't even care if you accidentally cut me. I need to get to the phone, call hospital. Get an exssscqusss.." She blacked out, almost as though an endless darkness washed over her.

She went into a dream like state, she was back in Germany with her family. Running through the meadows on her Aunt and Uncle farm estate.

Ever_After

Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 AM

Her speech was coming out broken and he didn't like the color her face was turning. " Hey Eliza I need you to stay with me okay?" Tapping her cheek with his free hand he tried to get her to focus on him. 'Shit.'Moving down her body he worked on the rope around her neck. The blade was duller then any of the ones he normally had on him and a small voice, that sounded distinctly female, cursed himself for not bringing one of his own. With a snap the rope directly around her neck split in two and he went to work on freeing her hands and leg.

Checking to make sure that the girl had lost consciences before contacting his partner. "Oracle I need a bus to the apartment building. The girl, Eliza von Strauss, was asphyxiated and lost consciences." Once he had her free of the rope he moved her onto her back as gently as possible. As odd as it was he had never really played hero outside of his NightWatcher persona. Tilting her head back and pinching her nose he began to give her CPR. Taking a good look at the girl he had to agree with her. They did have classes together and he had seen her in passing in the halls of the apartment. "Ambulance in route." So much for a slow night.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-11-2012, 06:27 AM

Once she was free she still couldn't fully come to, but she did start to come around when he started to give her CPR. When she realized what he was doing she blushed and pulled away as much as she could.

The taste in her mouth was a bit metallic with something else. Still rather disoriented, she spoke, "Were you eating Ramen recently? ..and why are you talking to yourself?" She still wasn't able to see straight no matter how many times she blinked, "Could you let the cats out of the carrier, see that thair tended tooo? Thay've been in thair for 'ours." She paused, "I half'vent sleept in a bit, I'm exxxtreeemly tired."

Ever_After

Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 AM

Laughing a little at her broken speech he slipped his hand around her neck to help lift her up. " I'll go take care of the cat as soon as I know you are going to be okay."Of course as far as he was concerned the cat could stay locked up. Leo was not the biggest fan of those furry little hell spawns. He figured he could at the very least take the cat out of it's crate for Eliza. Sliding his hand down so that he could better support her he lifted her up. He could hear the sounds of sirens in the distance and a few of the other tenets were starting to wake up and move around their apartments from the sound.
It was then that he started to realize how truly late it was. And he was still going to have to chase down the guys that did this. " So were you robbed or something?" Stupid and insensitive but he wasn't sure he knew any other way to ask outside of the mask. Plus if he could work out just why he was going to forgo sleep to track these guys down it might make thing go a little fast. As soon as he could get away he would contact Oracle again, no doubt she was pissed at still being up.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-18-2012, 06:54 AM

She felt herself get up onto her feet, still swaying greatly though very thankful he can to her call. Otherwise she probably would have laid on the floor slipping in and out of consciousness. She noted the distorted flashing lights coming through the kitchen window. There was banging on the front door and she felt herself slipping again, whatever these men did to her they did one hell of a job doing it. "Pleease dun't leave meeee with thimm, butt grab my sketch papurr of thee couch--with penseals."

She regained consciousness once more on the bed she had been strapped to half way to the hospital, her vision way still poor and her speech just as bad as it was prior. "She's back with us. Ma'am, we need to know what happened."

She took a deep breath and tried to sit up, but was pushed back down gently, "You need to lye still. As far as we can tell, you've taken some trauma to the head. You're slipping in and out of consciousness and we need to get an MRI and brain scan done to make sure that there's no Fractures."

She nodded as she listened and relaxed, "Thair's a stoodent ideee in my wallllit, pleeease calll my skooool."

Ever_After

Old 09-19-2012, 04:31 AM

Leo had let the emergency personal take care of her once they had gotten in the apartment. He did want to be there when she woke up in the hospital, they weren't always the friendliest places and no one liked waking up there alone, but he had to contact Oracle and see what she had found out. It didn't look like whoever had done that to her had gone through her apartment which means this hadn't been a burglary gone wrong. Stepping aside for that they could get Eliza out the door he reassured her that he would let her cat out and meet her at the hospital with the things she had asked for. He wasn't all that sure she had even heard him. Since he wasn't family he couldn't ride along with her, which suited him just fine. He had work to do.

Taking the steps two at a time the dark haired male burst into his apartment to grab his car keys and his spare laptop that was tucked away in it's carrying bag. Sliding Eliza's things into one of the black bags pockets he slung it over his shoulder locking his door.Making sure that any stragglers who had come out to see what all the noise was about were already safely tucked back into their apartments Leo contacted Oracle. " Talk to me."
"I lost them."
"How" It came out more as a growl then actual words. He really hated it when the bad guys got to slip away for a few hours. They always found them but still it meant that for a few hours they weren't being watched which mean they could be targeting another girl.
"I'm sending you the footage. Seems they had a hacker on their side and I wasn't expecting it. And don't take that tone of voice with me." Same even calm voice but there was just the tiniest under current of a bit to her words that he knew she was just as pissed.
" I'm on my way to the hospital maybe Eliza can tell me what happened." She seemed to trust him well enough.

The drive to the hospital wasn't as long if say his car wasn't well known for belonging to one of the richest guys in the city. Cops just didn't feel inclined to pull him over when they knew he would walk away without paying a ticket. Really they should be happy that minor traffic laws were the only things the Weaver family used their money to get away with. Just last month he had busted one of the more wealthy families oldest son involved in a drug ring. Taking a deep and claming breath before he walked through the door he had to remember he wasn't working this case as NightWatcher but as plan old Leo.Adopted son of the man who , ironically, payed to have this very hospitable built. Walking up to the receptionist he smiled. ' I'm looking for Eliza von Strauss's room."

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-19-2012, 05:08 AM

Eliza had just been settled into room 17 in the emergency wing on the hospital's main floor. She was only semi-aware of her surroundings, due to being rather scared and around too many strange people at once. The doctor came in and shone a light in her eyes, "The paramedic's gathered what documents they could find lying around you, Miss. Von Strauss. Do you know where you are?"

She nodded softly, then wincing a bit when she realizing she shouldn't have don't that. "I was blind sided when I entered my apartment, knocked me out and tied me up. That's really all I know, they got in with no one seeing them. Please, no more making me talk."

"Do you have any immediate family here?"

"..no, they are back in Germany--family matter's."

"Alright, any close friends?"

"No friends, my neighbor--we go to the same school."

"We're going to preform a MRI, so any metals in or on your body need to be removed if they can be removed. A nurse will be in shortly the help you change."

Ever_After

Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 AM

Following the direction the nurse at the desk had pointed to Leo easily found room 17 just as the doctor was leaving. Lightly tapping on the open door he walked in smiling at the girl in the hospital bed. He didn't like hospital's too much.Evelyn said it had something to do with some long buried childhood trauma. He figured it was just because of all of the ways they could kill you in just one room. His training had made him play on the other side of paranoid more then the average civilian. Even in this city. " So I brought your stuff like you wanted. " His right hand patted his bag to let her know where it was. He left out the part where he forgot about her cat but he could always take care of that when he left here. Right now he was more concerned about coming up with a way to bring up the subject of how exactly she got this way.

taking the empty seat next to her bed he pulled the sketch pad and pencils out and handed them to her. Taking his laptop out as well. He didn't bother to turn it on or even open it. Couldn't have her seeing what he was doing on it." So can I ask what happened?"

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 AM

"Well, Sir. Your question's are going to have to wait. She needs to be changed out of her clothes and have an MRI done," the Doctor pressed and the Nurse finally arrived.

The Doctor stepped out and the Nurse took over, "Now, I'm going to have to ask you to to step out and wait in the waiting room because I'm sure she's not close enough to you to want to change in front of you." The nurse waited patiently for him to leave before she started to run Eliza through the procedure she was going to have to undergo. Once he left she shut the door behind him and closed the blinds. "Alright, now you're going to have to remove all metals from your body. If you have a cell phone or anything that's important to you can leave it with me or your parents."

"Myyy parents are not here, the guy you shooed out is a stoodent I goo to skool with and my neighbur. Could you leave my things with him, please?"

She nodded, "Do you need help changing?"

"Yes, I don't think I can staand on my own yet."

The nurse helped Eliza up and the proceeded to change her out of her clothes, she the handed her a gown that she put on. After that the nurse helped walk out of the room and settled her into a wheel chair that they had had put outside the room. another nurse came in and did as she was instructed--bagged up her things and brought them to Leo. While the other nurse did that Eliza was then taken to a separate part of the hospital and being prepped for the MRI. The MRI started and Eliza had to stay quite still for some time.

Ever_After

Old 09-21-2012, 12:26 AM

Nodding to the doctor Leo gathered up his things and smiled at Eliza. " I'll be waiting for when you get back kay." Sitting down in the waiting room furthest from the door.He opened up his laptop and turned it on. While she was off getting the MIR done he could watch the feed and see if he could pick up anything Oracle had missed. Keeping the screen turned away from the camera in the room Leo opened up the new file that was sitting in the middle of the screen. It was a cleaned up version of a different angles of a traffic camera. They drove, weaving through different roads until the feed stopped. So yeah they did have a hacker but there wasn't much in the direction that they were heading. He could figure out their location better once he knew what it was they were after. So it all depended on what Eliza could tell him. Maybe he should sneak out and change into his NightWatcher costume. People seemed much more cooperative with the mask then they did when he was just Leo.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 AM

Eliza got out of her MRI, but was unable to be released for the day, as they wanted to keep her overnight for observation. The older Doctor who performed the MRI knew her Father and that she had had a major brain surgery for her seizure's when she was seven years old. After a bit of scolding from the man she was taken back to her room by the nurse, while another nurse went out and informed the young man who was had visited with her previously that he could come back in.

She knew that they would have to move here into an observation room later on, but didn't really care about it all that much. She was helped back into the bed and told not to sleep for an allotted amount of time.

Last edited by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX; 10-02-2012 at 03:12 AM..