Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 AM

Hino pulled at the damp white tips of her orange ponytail as she walked. The sky opened in unhindered blue above her, but her tan jacket and hair were soaked through. Not five minutes earlier, some kid had the gall to aim a hose at her as she snuck through the back alleys. She had been on the way back from meeting with a black market client who wanted a very specific something stolen--at a very good price. It wasn't something Hino could pass up and even being wet didn't drop her mood.

As she neared the bar she owned and lodged above, she saw two detectives standing outside the door. Spotting her, one of them turned. "Hello again Miss Dellise, or should I call you The Fox?" he asked with a cheeky smile. She leaned her hip against the brick wall, only feeling encouraged by the moniker the law men had given her. They all knew she was a thief by night, but she was as clever as the fox she looked like. Nothing would ever stick. The officer had a bad glint in his eye though. "Would you happen to know about a missing collection of black opals?"

Hino's eyes went wide, but she hid the reaction a second later. She just learned about the black opals herself. Twenty minutes after being offered the job and the police were already onto her? This was impossible. They weren't even stolen yet. That meant...someone got to them first. Him. She crossed paths with another thief from time to time and he was always in the way. Stealing her marks, one upping her biggest score, and every other sort of evil. Her rival had to be at fault here and she'd be damned if she went down for his crime.

"I'm sorry officers. I don't break the law. Now you'll have to excuse me, the bar opens in an hour." With that, she pushed past the officers and disappeared into the building. She dialed the local fence first thing. "Hey Bobby, I need you to set me up with that prick of a thief...you know who. Send him to the bar."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-15-2015 at 05:47 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Oblivious to the outside world besides what flashed across his multiple screens, that 'prick of a thief' James Elliot Johansen, surveyed the net whispers for any signs of a mark. His long legs were stretched out, feet propped on the desk, as he reclined back in the plush office chair. The whispers were unusually quiet lately, which was fine as he had a rather large 'retirement plan' already in place, life was just rather boring without the thrill of the hunt. Dark green eyes widened as the silence suddenly exploded with chatter. Some black opals had been revealed, really nice expensive things that would heft a meaty price on the black market. Before he could even begin to track their location down, the police bulletin he tracked started alerting of them being missing, 'the fox' was to be questioned.

He scowled, 'the fox' never beat him to a mark that he targeted, he always got first notification of any marks that might be of interest. How in the world did she get the news before it hit anywhere in his nets web? His brooding thoughts were interrupted by the catchy jingle of a video game tune that was his cell phone going off. A notification of an incoming call popped up on his screen as well to notify him of the caller. He smirked and tapped his earpiece answering the call.

"Yo Bobby, my man! Whatcha got for me? Uh huh... The fox wants to see me huh?" What's she want? "This wouldn't happen to be about some black opals would it?" That will throw her off! "Yeah sure, sure. I'll come see her, but she best have a drink poured for me from that bar of hers."

He switched the computers to his specially designed hibernate mode that prevented any hacking and set up an alarm system and stood, picking up his cell as he did so. "Yeah thanks Bobby. You're always the best. Catch ya later." He ended the call by tapping his earpiece again as he moved to the window. Drawing the blinds he looked down at the streets below. The fox didn't even know he lived a block from her bar.

Elliot (as he was known to most) nibbled his lip, a sense of dread in his belly. He wanted the fox to be calling him out in order to brag that she had beaten him to a mark... as much as that would annoy him. Yet there were red flags all over this one. Marks didn't appear and than be hit in the same minute. Things like that just didn't happen. There was always some whispers before hand.

Making a decision he activated the walker radar on his phone that would continue to bring him information on the go and prepped to leave; grabbing an umbrella as an afterthought. It was one of the ones that could be used as a billy club when it was closed, and short enough to not be an encumbrance.

Time to see the fox.

Last edited by Shadami; 12-18-2014 at 06:29 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-18-2014, 07:25 PM

The Fox Den may have been a perfectly legal establishment, but that didn't mean most of its inhabitants were of the honorable sort. She used her bar to clean money and network. Some people may turn to the internet now, but one should never underestimate the value of a human network. And a little cleavage. She leaned over the bar, ample amounts of tanned skin popping out of the jacket she wore without a shirt underneath. A woman could get a lot done without giving anything more than a look and Hino did not hesitate to use what nature gave her.

Her phone buzzed and she answered without a word, already knowing who was on the other side. "He's on his way. Mentioned black opals...you wouldn't happen to have something like that?" Bobby asked. "Because if you did, I'd love to fence those babies fo-"

"Just shut it!" Hino snapped back. She didn't want to hear about those bloody jewels right now. They were started to sound like bladder stones not worth their weight. And they should have been such a damn pretty rock. Or paycheck. They looked the same to her red-brown eyes.

Pouring a glass of her cheapest whiskey, she set it aside for when the prick showed up. Wouldn't be long if the chatter she heard was right. She just needed to get him to hold onto those stones for as long as possible because they were too hot an item to sell now. Hot enough to burn them both.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-19-2014, 10:39 PM

Elliot took his time strolling down the street. Looking for all the world like a normal citizen on a casual afternoon stroll. He waved greetings to the locals that knew him by face, winking at the lovely young woman and old ladies alike. He didn't want to arrive at the bar to fast as the fox would realize how close he lived, even so, it was only about five minutes at the casual stroll pace he was taking before he arrived.

"Hello foxxy lady, I see you got my message to leave me out a drink. You must be in a good mood." He slid onto the bar stool and picked up the glass in one fluid motion. With a small whiff, he grinned, "Though not that good a mood it would seem." His umbrella hung from his belt on a special hook loop he'd made to give it easy access, but stay attached. Much easier than those stupid carabiner clips. His phone still in his hand he brought it up and acted as if he was reading an email or text message so his voice would be indifferent.

"Call me down to brag over your latest score?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-27-2014, 12:45 AM

Hino smirked as she leaned over the bar. "I trust the drink is to your liking?" She did love the way his expression changed when he sniffed the drink. Really, what did he expect. They never did like each other as far as she was concerned. Flicking away a bit of orange hair that didn't fit in her ponytail, she regarded the other thief. Her dark eyes narrowed as she thought. All of her cleverness focused on him.

Elliot taunted Hino about 'her' score. Was it a game? Was he just taunting or trying to get some sort of information out of her? Either way, she wouldn't give a real reaction. She wouldn't give away just how riled and wounded she was to know someone got her score before her. Instead, she just poured herself a shot of her best whiskey and gulped it. The smirk remained on her face. "Seems to me you're the one who's come here to brag. I have no idea what score you're talking about," she said with an innocent bat of her eyelashes.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-05-2015, 01:39 PM

"Cheap but still whiskey." He downed it in one swig and made a face, "Though from what I hear you can afford to give out a free glass of your better stuff, even your best." He narrowed his eyes back at her, than rolled them. Slowly Elliot stood, gently setting the glass town with a small clink. His voice had gone like ice. "Don't play koi with me Miss Fox. The best mark in months shows itself, and you've got the cops at your door for nabbing it within seconds of it hitting the airwaves. We're competitors in this game we play, and you sure as hell brought me down here to brag. Not to beat around the bush."

Her little innocent act wasn't going to fool him. They both knew what the others line of work was, and he knew better than most what went on around them. Elliot turned his back on her as if he was about to move towards the door, eying the detectives that were still across the street. All manners of curses ran through his head seeing them. He had been so distracted in his anger that she had beat him to the best mark that had shown up in months, he hadn't noticed them on their stakeout. And here he was, at least 20 minutes before opening, sitting in her bar talking with her.

"If you're just going to taunt, than there is no need for me to have even come down here." He shot a smirk over his shoulder. "Thanks for the whiskey." Now let's see if she comes right out with what she wants.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-05-2015, 08:24 PM

Hino slammed both hands on top of the bar. "Oh shut your trap! You're the one who nabbed it and left me to take the fall. What kind of taunting are you playing at?!" she snapped. This didn't make any sense and it was pissing her off. No more calm, nice girl from her. She whirled away from the bar and closed the space between them. An instant later, she ground her teeth together. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw those irritating cops. Even though she knew they decided to stake her out, she forgot about it in her anger. Damn if they didn't look suspicious now.

"Time to switch tactics," she muttered, mostly to herself. Without warning, she stepped closer to Elliot and ran both hands up his chest. They stood near the doors and in full view of the detectives watching them. Hino slung one arm around his neck and without warning, pressed her lips against his. Let those cops have a show. A totally, un-suspicious show. "You're not going to run away and let those cops think I'm in on this are you? Go down for your crime by yourself," she whispered in his ear.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-05-2015, 10:37 PM

He stood his ground as she whirled around at him, but anger flashed in his normally joking eyes. "Let you take the fall? What in the world do you take me for I - what are you doing?" His eyes widened as she slid her hands up his chest. His eyes flicked towards the cops and in that moment she pressed her lips on his.

Elliot's brain stopped. he may be attractive, but he was a computer nerd, and didn't spend much time 'getting action' anywhere. It wasn't like she wasn't attractive either since her chest was hanging out all the time. But they were enemies! you don't think about the enemy! Ever! Just when he was over his shock and about to return the kiss she stopped and whispered in his ear.

Even so... it took him a few seconds to realize what she had said. "Go down by myself?" He said angrily shoving her away. "You're the one that nabbed them black pearls. .. Opals! whatever they are!!! You called me down here to Frame me? I knew you were cold, but that's down right low."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-05-2015, 11:20 PM

Hino stumbled as he pushed her away. For a second, indignation flashed across her face. She knew exactly how to wrap a man around her finger and just thinking someone could ignore her wiles insulted her. She jabbed a finger at his chest. "Don't ruin the lie I'm construing here! You're my boyfriend, not my rival right now. Because I sure as hell didn't steal those black pearls and if you don't want to go down for it, you're going to play along. We do this right and neither of us will look guilty, kay?" It was as simple as that. She didn't like him. Quite the opposite--she still wanted to get him wasted and leave him naked in the street somewhere for a nice revenge. Hino wouldn't do that though. If she could use him, she would.

But what if he really didn't steal the opals? She ignored the voice nagging in her head. Either way, this plan was solid. If they were being set up, all the better to watch each other's backs.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-15-2015 at 05:51 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-06-2015, 03:33 AM

"I'm not the one the cops are after Miss Fox." He growled, crossing his arms over his chest. Than he gulped and thought to look down at his phone. He'd left it hanging there useless at his side, instead of paying attention to the news it could have been feeding him. There across the screen was alert after alert, with is face added next to hers. Of course, they had no idea who he was since he worked behind the scenes for his cases. But his was one they were now on the lookout for. 'Possible buyer of the missing pearls' and other such nonsense.

He grinned and rubbed a hand through his hair attempting to look the apologetic boyfriend. "Listen babe, I'm sorry. " He put a hand around her head pulling her to his chest in a hug and whispered, "This better work, and you better start by stopping the skimping out on the good stuff for me sweetling." Elliot purposely did not look out the window towards the detectives.

He stepped back looking down into her, admittedly, pretty face with a honey dipped smile. "And don't ever frame me again, or you will regret it." Than he grinned, "Maybe you do already."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 AM

Hino rolled her eyes, but easily fell into the role of his girlfriend. She let their fingers interlace for a second before she stepped back and returned his smile. "Oh for you darling, I'll only pour the sweetest drinks." She resisted the urge to make gag faces. Despite flaunting what she had all the time, she was one of the boys. Sports, hard drinks, and action before romance. She would definitely regret this move if they had to play lovey-dovey all the time. "...enough drinks for you to drown in," she added with a low mutter.

Moving back to the bar, she pulled out a bottle of her favorite whiskey from where it hid out of view. She poured them each a shot and passed his over. "Really, you should call me Hino. Shouldn't we be on a first name basis by this point?" She raised an eyebrow at him. "Tonight we're toasting to us. It is our anniversary after all. And then, I'm going to get a ring from the back room and you're going to propose to me. Or rather, we'll promise that if one of us goes down for this crime, both will. Capisci?"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 01-06-2015 at 05:00 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-06-2015, 01:51 AM

"Of course Hino darling." He grinned, moving with her to the bar and taking the offered drink while sliding into a seat. "To our anniversary." Than knocked back the shot.

Setting it down on the counter with a satisfied "Ahh. Good stuff." He looked her in the eyes. "You really didn't take it did you? He watched her in thought, hoping he was reading the situation right. He could read his webs to perfection, but people were a mystery most of the time. There rivalry had to be what had made her call him, she must have got the scoop on it before he did. That meant that she was the won being set up. Yet she had thought that he had beaten her to yet another mark... So now he was involved.

"If we're to go by first names, you might as well know that my name is James than."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2015, 03:57 AM

Hino knocked back her shot a second later and savored the burn. As much as she'd love to settle down with that bottle for the night, she would rather stay sharp. "No, I didn't," she whispered. She hated to admit she lost a mark yet again, but she couldn't pretend at pride at this point. "And...you didn't." For a second, a vengeful look twisted her full lips. Someone was going to pay for this. She would tear down this criminals entire empire and steal their every cent. "But between me and you, I think we can get our payback. Don't you think?"

A second later, she'd plastered her face back into it's usual confident and coy look. She nodded her head once. "James it is then. Be right back, babe." She pushed her way into the backroom and let herself breathe before going to a small desk in the corner that looked forgotten as anything but a storage shelf. No key existed for the locked drawer by her design. She just pulled her lock pick tools from out of one boot and popped the drawer open. In the back corner lay a little grey-brown box. She dusted it off and stared before tucking it into her jacket pocket. The ring that lay inside looked modest compared to the bright things you'd expect from a master thief, but then, this thing wasn't stolen.

Hino slipped back into the front of the bar and smiled at James. With the grace of someone in their profession, she grabbed his hand in a tender gesture, passing over the box in the same movement. "Oh James, wasn't there a reason you surprised me here today?"

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-19-2015, 06:51 PM

"No I didn't" He muttered looking down as if embarrassed and stalling for time. He could feel the cops eyes on the back of his neck still. He swished around the remnants in the bottle of the shot glass. That tiny drop that never seemed to come out no matter how far you had tipped the glass up. He tried to keep the smile from his eyes when he looked up suddenly at her words. The thought of revenge sounded very sweet indeed. On her would be nice to for dragging him into this mess, but that would have to wait until after. "I'll wait here than.

Of course, as soon as she went into the backroom he poured himself another shot and turned the bar stool to face the outside as if people watching those wandering by on the streets. Tipping back the shot and turning just enough to place it back on the bar he pulled out his phone. It was time to throw some scanners out. Nothing around seemed to be triggering as out of the normal security the Fox... Hino would have had around her place. He nodded slightly to himself and took a breath, glancing once again at the people walking by.

Elliot turned around quickly as he heard the distinct sound of her returning. Her hand brushed his tenderly and he felt the exchange and blinked at her before comprehension sunk in. The exchange showed how smoothly working of a thief she was, but it was what she had passed him that made him jump up from the stool and trip over his own feet. "Oh right. You want me to propose. That is what this is, right. I .. oh" That social awkwardness he possessed, and why he was a hacker in the first place and not any other type of criminal, spread across his face in a blush and he ran his hand with the phone in it through his hair.

"I guess ummm, you need to come out from behind the bar right? And as long as they can't see our lips we can say anything by the way." He continued, starting to ramble in his struggle to get back some control over the situation. His back was to any windows, so he knew that he could say anything as he held out his hand for her to take so he could 'walk her gentlemanly around the bar' to the open floor. I did a quick scan of your place, and they haven't put any bugs in anywhere, but if you're being framed its only a matter of time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-19-2015, 08:41 PM

Hino suppressed the urge to laugh at James, but she kept it to a grin. He was such a computer nerd, evening taking his phone out in the minute that she was gone. Hino could hardly use a computer herself and look at her. She could manipulate a person into giving her anything, all with her chest and her mouth. He looked like a stumbling mess and yet she thought it entertaining in a way that made her want to keep him around even if she didn't have to already.

"I love it when you talk dirty," she chuckled, referring to his mention of bug sweeps. That was her seduction talk though, her forte of the world. Everything was a game to play, like cat and mouse. Taking his hand, she let the two of them glide out to the open area as if perhaps being let to the dance. Hino did most of the guiding though, letting it look like he did. "If you're going to do it, do it grandly okay," she whispered. "You better go down on one knee and cry over me. I don't want that ring's luck going to waste." Although she figured it already was, being giving to her fakely by such a person. She felt more charmed by that than a real proposal though.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 04-26-2015, 02:19 AM

"If you like that talk you'll get plenty more than!" He said brightly, resisting the urge to actually break into a more detailed explanation of exactly how he had scanned the room. Afterall, there was a more important fact at hand that he had to focus his mind on. As they arrived in the open floor of the bar he took her by both hands confused by her talk of the rings luck. He made a face at her for the comment about what he had to do and mouthed 'I know' before he pulled her close and moved one hand to her waist where he walked her around in a bit of a slow dance.

Of course, this was a fight back to say that he could lead perfectly fine, as well as get them set up in perfect view of the cops across the street. As they slowly spun (and surprisingly it seemed he knew the proper dance steps despite his social awkwardness) towards the position he spoke to her. "Hino, my darling my sweet. For all the years that we have intimately gotten to know each other." He paused for a split second to smirk at his own word use, assuming it would have irked her. I have never met anyone with such skill at what she does than you. Your craft is beautiful, and it pays off so well, i can't help but find myself impressed. It feels like I've fallen into a trap that has me head over heels attracted to you. He paused in the slow spin, stepping back once from her so they were a foot apart as he held her hand again.

"Hino..." They were both in perfect profile as he bent down to one knee still holding her hands. "I can't imagine anyone else as perfect as you for me. You would make the absolute perfect theif, because you've stolen my heart."Letting go of one hand he reached into his pocket and pulled out the small box she had passed him. "Please, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He opened the box, holding her eyes with his. Unaware of the meaning of the ring that he hadn't even seen before. A hopefullness filling his eyes making them glazed enough to pass for loving watery eyes of a hopeless romantic, instead of a hacker hoping to avoid jail.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-26-2015, 04:07 AM

Hino chaffed a little when he took the lead in the dance, but she let it be besides once stepping on his foot, pretending not to know the steps. Since she knew the cops couldn't see with any kind of detail, she sent them a little wink. This was all too perfect and she liked to make them look like dopes. When Elliot started his confession though, it just about killed her. She couldn't decide if she wanted to laugh or throw up. Despite the words he said, it all came out like totally forced crap that meant the opposite. The bad thief who stole his heart line was just the cherry on top. She couldn't suppress a snort of laughter.

"Oh, James!" she cried out, holding a hand in front of her mouth like she couldn't believe the scene he'd just created. "Your wife? Even though we've been madly in love for so long, I had no idea!" She let out a little fake sniffle. "Of course I will!" Holding out her finger for the ring, she felt a shock from it, unable to believe it could ever go onto her finger. It fit perfectly though.

She tilted her head to kiss him, savoring it with more smirk than tenderness though as she took back the lead. "I feel like you just gave me the moon! No one could give me a better gift, even if they stole the Mona Lisa for me, or the Hope diamond, or..." She cleared her throat, getting off the topic of things that people like them liked to steal. "No, you've stolen my heart. I could never love anyone more than you." So long as she didn't get the desire to strangle him in his sleep before they pulled this con off. Yeah, that would be some real impressive love. Those cops better be appreciating this.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-15-2017 at 07:51 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-10-2015, 05:30 PM

Elliot grumbled through his 'hopeful' smile as Hino laughed at him, but took her hand all the same when it was offered to slide the ring on it, than left a tender kiss on her knuckles before turning his head back up towards her. "Did you have to rub it in?" He mumbled under his breath during there kiss, hardly moving his lips. But when she pulled away and started gushing about the proposal his eyebrows shot up towards his hairline, before lowering back down as a grin broke across his face.

He glanced ever so briefly out the window and wished he could see the cops faces that were probably on the floor. Note to self. Rewind and videos running around here to see if they're in view, It would make a wonderful wedding present. A chuckle escaped from his lips before he could stop himself. Oh well at least it would probably seem like I was chuckling at her, hows that pay back, laughing at my eloquent proposal! "When would you like the date to be my sweet? It could be from one of our special dates. Like the first day we met." He grinned. The first time they had met of course has been one of those times they had had the same mark.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-11-2015, 05:08 PM

Hino raised an eyebrow back as if to say, yes, she did need to rub it in. Did he not realize how ridiculous he sounded first? She was just returning the favor. Her expression soon turned to a frown when she heard the chuckle, not sure who he meant it for. Just in case it was her, she tightened the grip she had on his arm to a painful squeeze before she relaxed it again. Payback indeed. He deserved it if he even thought of laughing at her and her expression said as much just for a second.

"Oh yes, the date. I'm so struck by this that I can't remember a thing. Where did we first meet again?" she asked, putting on her false happy voice again. Hino may have gotten the ring and planned it this far, but she couldn't tell the first thing about dates and romance. Because this bar sure as hell sounded like her ideal date, or a museum where she could ogle the merchandise, but this wasn't really the time for that. Something romantic? She couldn't even comprehend the idea.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-18-2016, 02:09 AM

He rolled his eyes and tilted his head at the window even as he winced from her grip on his arm. Grumbling thoughts passed through his mind of how she was always trying to one up him, not like he meant to always swipe marks from her. His wince turned into faltering panic as she asked him about their first date. Dates were not his thing. Computer screens and stealing stuff was his thing, he wasn't even very smooth in social situations, though sometimes he liked to day dream that he was.

His panicked mind flickered through memories like they were computer files trying to recall something that could act as a lie based in truth. After all the best lies were based in truth. Than he smiled landing on one. "Do you remember the day that one of our mutual friend got both of us tickets to the museum across town. They were putting a diamond on display that practically competed with the Hope diamond in beauty?" In reality, Bobby had accidentally set them both up on the same mark, he'd had to much to drink or something. "He hadn't known that we were going to go at the exact same time, and when our eyes met there in front of the display it was as if fireworks went off. You really don't remember?" He pushed her shoulder playfully to continue the act for the cops. Of course, it hadn't been fireworks of affection, but it was all fairly true. They'd both been casing the museum at the time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-19-2016, 12:57 AM

A slow smile spread across Hino's face. How could she forget? It was that day that she learned to hate the man in front of her. It should have been an easy grab, or at least, a fun one. The museum just got an upgrade to their security system and she went not long before their close to case it and the beautiful diamond right in the center display. She'd wanted it so badly. In the end though, neither of them got the rock. When their eyes met, sparks went off, like standing far too close to a forest fire and getting burnt by the embers. They knew it right then that they were the same kind, there for the same thing. And Hino hated him for it.

Still, she smiled. "Yes, I remember. I can't think of a more fitting date for our wedding. You know...it's almost that anniversary already. The fifteenth..." she breathed the last word. It had been the fifteenth of June and just a few days less than a month from now. Not much time for a wedding, but perfect for an alibi. Honestly, the sooner the better. She turned her eyes down to look at the ring on her finger. It was strange, but she didn't quite hate it there even if she always hated the idea of marriage. It wasn't like she did this for her heart though.

Pulling Elliot closer to her again she leaned forward like she might kiss him again, but she didn't complete the action. Instead, she rolled her eyes. "I don't think I'll ever forgive you for that diamond though."

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-02-2017, 06:46 PM

He grinned lazily as the smile spread across her face, enjoying the sparks that flew in her eyes at even the memory of that day. He'd had nothing against her that day, but their following meetings had truly been tense. In fact, he almost could have considered her as something to chase if he hadn't realized by her actions that she was casing the place as much as he had been that day. He figured her a petty thief and he'd be able to get ahead no problem. Not that he tried to stay one step ahead of her, just that it tended to happen because technology could move faster than crawling through a duct system.

"Than it's settled. The fifteenth will be a perfect date for us to have a wedding. The sooner the better as people always say." And the quicker we can get a divorce after this fiasco is over when we find out who set the both of us up. He added to himself as he reached to take her hands and kiss the knuckles again. Only she seemed to have other plans as she suddenly leaned close to him as he was in his own thoughts of trying to put on a good show. Suddenly his mind was wonderfully blank as he felt her warm breath on his lips and all thoughts of divorce being a good decision momentarily wiped from his thoughts.

Just as quickly the moment passed as she spoke and he had to clear his throat and let the words she'd said process through his brain. "I hope the one on your finger will make up for it." He winked, hoping she hadn't noticed the sudden change he'd felt take over him. "Perhaps I should check out what our friends are doing that day and start setting up invitations. What do you think?" He flicked his eyes in the direction of the police across the street to indicate he would actually check in on what they were doing and to see if their show had worked.

"Why don't you start planning venue and decorations since females are so much better at getting things just right." He added stepping away from her and the feeling she was causing as he pulled his phone out of his pocket without moving his eyes from her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 PM

Hino really could appreciate the irony of their wedding date. Nothing fit better and like a first date, they met and ingrained themselves in each other's memory. To her, the loss could not be forgotten or made up as nothing could soothe her pride. Considering how Elliot also continued to thwart her every action from that point, she could only guess he felt the same. Something had started that day and it never occurred to her that he might feel less hatred toward her than her own bruised pride did. Hino did not lose with grace though.

Grinning, she twirled her fingers so that the lights outside reflected off the stone's surface. "Oh believe me, this doesn't make up for anything, but we can call it a start, babe," she hummed, a quick smirk filling her expression before she shifted it into something more friendly again. "Those friends of ours? Of course!" Nodding once, she showed that she understood and finally stepped back, running a hand through her orange ponytail, letting the white tips linger over her fingers for a second before dropping them. Of course they needed to move on and start with the actual work of their alibi now. It would take more than a few words and a ring to fool those cops forever.

"Oh right," she snorted, rolling her eyes at Elliot. "Don't forget to document all our wonderful moments together though. I'm going to want one of those albums they always have so guests can look through it. Maybe put it online too." With another twirl of her hand, she slid behind the bar with what could easily look like excitement to grab her own phone. "I'm going to post a picture of this amazing ring on my facebook account! Won't they all be surprised?" Or completely stupefied.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 09:59 PM

He let out a long breath as quietly as possible relieved of her stepping away from him. He watched her out of the corner of his eyes as he started to flick programs open on his phone. Her hair was that beautiful mark that had gotten her the nickname the fox. She must really have pride in it to keep it looking like that all the time. Unless of course she naturally had white tips which he highly doubted. Dropping his attention completely to his phone now that he could breath he pulled up the cameras in the area to get several angles on what the cops across the street was doing. Almost missing what she said.

"Hmmm?" Oh oh right of course. Sure once I check in with our friends i can get a photo album going." That would be slightly tricky as it would require some really good candid shots from their past heists. Or some posing and photoshopping. While not that difficult, the quick succession of posed shots to look like different time periods would be quite the hassle. How long were they supposed to be dating for? And what date exactly were they to be covering up?

Her facebook post popped up in the corner of his screen, as it did on the cops computers that they were looking at. That webside was to easy to hack. He shook his head almost sadly though he was grinning. They were all looking incredibly confused out there. Lazily he as he watched the cameras in tiny screens at the top he brought up his own facebook and started to program in old time stamped updates. "How long have we been dating again?" He asked casually as he put in 'Taking my foxy lady to the park.' he double checked the weather report from that day and added 'on this gorgeous sunny day. I think the sun will really make her hair shine.'He may have been slightly inspired by her playing with her hair for that not that he was going to admit it out loud. That was to close to actually caring about her.

"Well it looks like our friends are all really surprised but they seem to be accepting it as fact. They don't seem to have any black mail in their inboxes. Just white dresses in their minds."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-28-2017, 09:04 PM

After snapping a picture in the dull, almost sultry light of the bar, Hino flipped her phone around, absorbed in the picture for a second. Her ring looked eerie, but in a hauntingly gorgeous way against her tanned skin. With a casual don't-care attitude, she slid along the bar to take a seat on the polished surface, body tilted just right to show off her chest and a hint of toned stomach from beneath her tan jacket. "It's been two years now, El babe. Boy how time flies..." She let out a long breath, her eyes closing just for a second as she remembered that day at the museum. She felt anger before, but now she reveled in how long their rivalry lasted. It would continue after this too, but she never guessed it would end like this.

Her eyes flashed open again. "Are our friends having fun. That's the way it looks from here. I need your number so I can send you the picture of the ring though," she added with another wave of her fingers. She flipped open her facebook page herself and grinned at Elliot's work so far. She added in likes and a few comments to match. Technology would never be her area of expertise and half the time she loathed that she made a facebook page in the first place, but in moments like this, it proved useful. Even she knew that in this time and age, the most important paper trail wasn't a trail of paper. All the more reason not to get entangled by it. Shaking her head, she switched her attention back to Elliot.

"That's good. Hey, the bar is going to open soon though. If you aren't going to stay and help, you should probably get going," she hummed. She glanced again at the front door, her eyes lingering on the cops in the distance. It was as Elliot said. And she figured until they ended their show here, those guys would linger. She though, had things to do. "Not that I'm trying to push you out or anything. I'm just a busy 'foxy lady.'" She grinned, all savage wit once again. He didn't really think he would get away with that comment did he?