Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM

( Yes! XD I'm running out of topic's idea! )

So between Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, which channel do you like better?

And what's your most favorite show from each channels and from both of the channels?

I like Nickleodeon because it's full with unique and original shows, like Danny Phantom, The Fairly OddParents, Avatar -The Last Air Bender, etc.

But Cartoon Network is also good...in the simple relaxing and mind-numbingly silly way. XD Like Foster House for Imaginary friends, Camp Lazlo, Power Puff Girls, the Grim adventure of Billy and mandy, etc.

But, comparing both of them, I think I love Nickelodeon more. :P I love Avatar, but The Fairly OddParents always won me over (despite the dropping quality of the last season though)

How about you? :D

Fox Paw
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2008, 05:52 PM

I don't have cable at my house, but sometimes at school on rainy days when we get to stay inside, we will watch cartoon network. I really don't think much of either of the shows, but I am glad that you do.

As for my favorite show, I like Avatar- the last airbander. I only get to watch it when I go over to my friend Elizabeth's house, though.

Spunkifull
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2008, 06:11 PM

Cartoon network all the way man.

Courage the cowardly dog
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
and not to mention the awsome shows they used to have.
Like Samurai Jack.
now THERE was a kickass cartoon.
that was ART.
I also like Cartoon Network more because of all the little pop culture refferences they make, and how the cartoons sometimes have cameos of other cartoons. Like, sometimes you might see them make a crack at powerpuff girls on Billy and Mandy.
I always love it when cartoons don't take themselves seriously.

Petrakan
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2008, 07:16 PM

Nickelodeon at least has some shows that challenge your intellect, while cartoon network seems to be nothing but mindless toon smashing. With the exception of Scooby-doo which is amazing and fun!

bearysplash
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to bearysplash

Old 02-21-2008, 07:51 PM

Thats a tough question for me.
i watch those channels all the time.
but my fav shows from Nickelodeon are
-Fairly oddparents(i just love jorgen and cosmo)
-Zoey 101(i kno its not a cartoon and its lame but i always watch it.)
-Jimmy Neutron
My Favorites for Cartoonnetwork would be
-Ed,Edd,and eddy. LOVE IT
-Ben 10
-Storm Hawks
-Courage the cowardly dog
-Fosters home.

so i gues it would have to be Cartoonetwork since i like more of their shows.

Jeanemon
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-21-2008, 08:55 PM

Cartoon Network for sure.

Because Nickelodeon has SpongeBob Squarepants, and that show makes my brain want to leak out of my ears. </3

I've always been a fan of Billy and Mandy. Samurai Jack was awesome. Remember Toonami? Ah, DBZ-Ami towards the end, but still. Adult Swim. <3

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 PM

I prefer Cartoon Network.
Most of the things from Nikelodeon seems to bore me too fast.
I prefer the really childish Cartoon Network. xD.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 02-21-2008, 10:42 PM

Well at the moment for me it is Carton Network.

Nickelodean doesnt show any of its really good
showsany more like
-RocketPower
-Hey Arnold
-Teenage Robot
-Aaahhh Real Monsters
-Doug
-Rockos Modern Life
-Salut your shorts
-Hey Dude
-KaBlam
-The Angry Beavers
-Cat Dog
-Astold by ginger

they dont even play the original rugrats.andyourlucky if you see fairly oddparents or even avatar.
instead they play shows like neds declassified,zoey 101, unfabulous and so fourth.they have been inundated with bad tv shows.

Cartoon Network stills plays cartoons like grim adventures, kids next door, PPG (new season coming),camp lazlo,chowder
(so funny),Fosters. they actuallyplay cartoons.so at the moment Cartoon network.

*if you have satilite or digital cable you can get the nick channel that plays the old cartoons but ifyou dont then your out of luck.

shadow havoc
Send a message via MSN to shadow havoc

Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 PM

I would have to say that my favorite of the two is Nickelodeon. About the only thing I watch on Cartoon Network is Adult Swim and Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I watch Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, Catscratch, Avatar, and Martin Mystery on Nickelodeon, so that's the channel that's usually on the TV.

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 AM

It's no contest in my mind. Cartoon Network is the best channel on TV. I haven't watched Nickelodeon in years. The only good thing they seem to have nowadays is Fairly Odd Parents. Cartoon Network on the other hand has Billy and Mandy (gonna miss it...), Foster's, Chowder, Camp Lazlo, Gym Partner, and of course Adult Swim.

The Nicktoon Network, however, is good for reruns of Angry Beavers and Invader Zim.

And what's this about a new season of PPG? Seriously!? Awesome.

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-22-2008, 03:49 AM

I like Cartoon Network better. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo; you can even still catch Scooby Doo on sometimes. Well, it usually is the newer movies, but still. It's Scooby Doo. xD I even remember seeing Dexter on last weekend. I've seen a couple of the Stormhawks episodes too and they're pretty cool.

There's not many that I like on Nickelodean though. I used to love Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, and Ahh! Real Monsters, but I haven't seen Real Monsters in forever, but I think they did have Angry Beavers on once a couple weeks ago. I really don't like many of the shows they have on now though. Fairly Odd Parents are pretty cool, and so is Avatar and Martin Mystery, but I just can't get into shows like My Life as a Teenage Robot, Danny Phantom, etc. They used to have some pretty good shows, they just don't show them much any more. And when they do, it's usually in the middle of the night or early morning when I'm not up to catch them.

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 AM

Old school Nickelodeon was the bomb. Rocko's Modern Life will never be topped, ever.

PayShi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to PayShi Send a message via Yahoo to PayShi

Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 AM

>_> That's Hard. I wouldn't want life without either... Nick does have a lot of REALLY good shows like: Josh and Drake, Spongebob, and Fairy Odd Parents.
But then again I LOVE some of the shows on Cartoon Network: Camp Lazlo, Billy and Mandy, Dexter, and etc.
>_< I can't choose. *Hugs both.*

aquadicprincessqeen
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to aquadicprincessqeen

Old 02-23-2008, 03:31 AM

On cartoon network they have such showslike inuyasha late at night but they also have kid shows like powerpuff girls (well not any more) and nick has things like icarly and zoey 101. I guess it verys I mean cartoon network up till now has held true to it's name they showed cartoons but now they are in clueding stuf like jimmy whosits and I think that it really depends if you pefer lots of cartoons are not I for one think it depends on the mood I am in. Now this leaves one more question,What about Disney?

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-23-2008, 03:45 AM

I don't watch much TV anymore, only channel 65 on wednesdays and channel 43 occasionally [it was either 43 or 42, I can't remember, it's the TNT channel ><], and sometimes news and occasionally some movie channel that I don't know what channel number it is...but when I used to watch TV, I despised Nickelodeon. The only good thing that it had was Avatar: The Last Airbender, but now I watch it online and I watch the version that someone from Canada posted because Canada shows the episodes earlier than America. As for Cartoon Network, it used to be just plain awesome with shows like Cardcaptor Sakura, but as the years went by, my liking of Cartoon Network slowly declined as it began to show even stupider shows each year.

So, I don't now which one I like better @_______@
But one reason I'd pick Nickelodeon is because it has a super awesome show although all the others I dislike while on Cartoon Network I don't dislike as many but I have none that I'd be devoted to watch.
But I'd pick Cartoon Network because there would be more chances to see a somewhat good show while if I just randomly started watching TV and went to Nickelodeon, it'd probably not be a time when Avatar shows since it only shows on Fridays.

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 12:41 PM

To be quite honest, I don't really like any of them anymore. But had you asked me this back in 2005, when Avatar first premiered, I would have said, without a doubt, Nickelodeon. They have such great Nicktoons- When they PLAY them. :(. All they every play anymore is Spongebob, and Fairly Odd Parents- which is at a horrible time. No one's home at 3:00 CST! Not the age group they're aiming for, anyway. And if they are home, more than likely, kids would play outside over watching TV. And they only play their other Nicktoons on Fridays. :(. Every other day and timeslot are taken up by Tween sitcoms- something which now plagues every kid's network. Cartoon Network has one, and Noggin used to have a whole block of them. Until they made it into its own network again. XD. As for why I still choose Nickelodeon over Cartoon Network- CN has Adult Swim, but that's all it has going for it. I hate their new 'original' cartoons. Back in the early 2000s, they had GOOD original cartoons, such as the Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Edd, Edd, and Eddy(which, thankfully, still airs today), and Time Squad. And now all they have is Billy and Mandy(a show that I particularly dislike), Chowder, Camp Lazlo(which is OK, I guess), and Kids next Door. :(. And that's ALL they play! Or used to, until they brought back Scooby-Doo and Courage. :). But three shows aren't enough to save it. :(

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 03:30 PM

To be honest both have gone down in quality over the years. Maybe its that I'm getting older and newer stupider kids will like the stuff that older viewers find stupid but I'm an idiot for my age so it can't be that. XD

Cartoon Network still has some funny shows these days like My Gym Partner is a Monkey, Chowder, (Which is odd considering its funny and that it was made by the same guy who created Spnogebob, which has been sucking lately.) and a few others. But the minute it started showing live actions shows is the day it stopped being the "Cartoon" Network. Now its just a network with not so good cartoons, a past its glory days with the exception of showing One Piece Toonami, and a original programming crapfest filled Adult Swim. (I do admit that nothing beats waking up to the campy adventures of Astro Boy.)

Nickelodeon just flatlined. Drake and Josh is pretty funny but I miss the days of Salute Your Shorts, Double Dare, Snick, that orange couch, the original cast of All That, Rugrats, and so many other classic shows that I grew up watching.

In short there ain't no love from both networks these days. :(

@Javert
:( No love for Billy and Mandy? Whats not to love about a Grim Reaper with a Jamacian accent? :(

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWolf
But the minute it started showing live actions shows is the day it stopped being the "Cartoon" Network.
What live action shows? The only one they have is Out of Jimmy's Head which is a combination of animation and live action.

They have on occasion, however, played live action movies. The Ben 10 one makes sense since it's based on one of their cartoons, but Zathura was an odd choice.

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM

@Degnne
I meant live action in general.

Anyway here is what I see wrong with live action things on Cartoon Network. With the exception of the Ben 10 live action thing because it was pretty awsome and was based on one of their cartoons so thats an acception

1) Out of Jimmy Head: Not Funny. Simply not funny no matter how you pull it. The effort of Out of Jimmy's Head could of been put into renewing one of their gems such as Ed Edd and Eddy or other awsome shows.

2) Goosebumps: Seriously who thought up of replacing most of Toonami with Goosebumps? There is only so much Naruto and One Piece can do alone before Toonami just looses all its glory that it once had.

And in short if they are going to show live action movies then they might as well call themselves Network.

Degnne
Child of Atom

Old 02-24-2008, 01:42 AM

Ah, I completely forgot about Goosebumps. Probably because I stopped watching Toonami years ago.

As for Out of Jimmy's Head, it's completely subjective just like everything else. I actually don't mind watching it on occasion, though it's mostly for the actor who plays his dad since I find him hilarious.

Takabean
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-24-2008, 01:46 AM

Well I LOVE all the old nicktoons, like Rocket Power, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, CatDog, and Angry Beavers. And cartoon networks old shows are cool too. Like Decters Labrotory and Johnny Bravo. But I dont really like any new shows on BOTH channels :cry: They just seem sort of boring. Although Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends is super awesome :D

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 02-24-2008, 10:02 AM

I used to like both...a lot. Now I'm not particularly supportive of either, to be fully honest. >.<;

I LOVED the old Nickelodeon. I really did. I remember at one point, it was the ONLY channel that I ever chose to watch myself. I'm talking about mid/late 90s, though. I was so obsessed with Alex Mack that I used to pretend I WAS her...and you know, to this day, I SWEAR I saw myself glowing once. XD Are You Afraid of the Dark? gave me nightmares - first show that EVER gave me real nightmares that I actually liked. The original cast of All That was love, and am I the only one who remembers Space Cases? That show was one of my favorites. And Shelby Woo...I always had so much fun with that one; I was always trying to solve the mysteries before the real truth was revealed, and I succeeded quite often. Anyone else remember the poisoned hot dogs episode? That one always really stood out in my mind...and it scared me out of eating in a school cafeteria ever again. XDD;; And the game shows were excellent...and when it comes right down to it, I always thought it would be really fun to get slimed. XD

Cartoon Network definitely had its gems, too. I was greatly amused by Johnny Bravo (though to this day, I can't help but wonder if that show is why I don't feel any attraction whatsoever to particularly muscular men...XD), and I was a HUGE Powerpuff Girls fan. I always identified with Buttercup - she was awesome. And the fact that they aired the classic cartoons back then didn't exactly hurt them, either. I loved Tom and Jerry...that was actually my favorite cartoon for a while. I still love it when I get a chance to see it.

But in recent years...both have just more or less flatlined. It's not that I've grown out of "kid stuff," because believe me, I haven't. XD; I would still LOVE to watch the old shows that I remember from back then. In fact, I still DO - I have some of them on videotape. And the ones with book adaptations, I have, and I still love to read. And I still love some of what both get every now and then - Teen Titans was excellent in my opinion, Billy and Mandy is hilarious and VERY unique, I LOVE Avatar, and go on, take a guess at where the "Phantom" in my name comes from! It's in the first post. ;p And we can't forget Fairly Oddparents - I freaking love that show. But sadly, shows of that quality are few and far between on both networks anymore, and when they do appear, they're quickly replaced by new episodes of SpongeBob (which was...stupid in the FUNNY way at first, but lately has grown to be just plain STUPID) and other such mindless, COMPLETELY childish humor that makes my brain want to ooze out of my nose. What happened to shows the whole family could enjoy? The tween sitcoms on Nickelodeon also just annoy me. I can't tolerate most of them...and on the occasion when I actually CAN sit in the same room as someone watching one of them, I generally have to have my iPod, or some other type of distraction to keep myself from literally squirming in discomfort. >.<;

But if I had to pick, given a lineup of ALL the shows each network has EVER had...my choice would have to be Nickelodeon.

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2008, 11:54 AM

@AzureWolf- Cartoon Network aired Billy and Mandy about eight times daily one summer, so I grew tired of it. I used to find it alright, but now I can't watch it anymore. ^^;

After reading other posts on this forum, I realized that I nearly forgot that they're airing Goosebumps now. >:(. I never will understand why they felt they had to add that to their lineup. At first, I thought it was a one day joke, but then when it came on the next day, I realized that they're just false advertising their network's title, and airing a live action show. I don't care if it's based off of a kid's book- it's still not a cartoon. :(
At least Out of Jimmy's Head has cartoons in it. It's garbage, but at least they're there. Unlike Goosebumps' lack of them. :(

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2008, 12:59 PM

@Javert
Well your right about many things. Billy and Mandy was growing alittle bit stale towards the end of its run. But it was and will always be a classic representation of the golden days of Cartoon Network.

And yeah. Seriously. If you have to add laugh tracks half way through your show then don't think the viewers are dumb enough to realize that your show is bombing in the ratings.

Partially I blame the whole Mooninite Bomb Scare of 07 for causing the old CEO of Cartoon Network to leave, which pretty much sealed its fate of turning to the crap side of the force....even though you could sort of tell it was not as awsome as it was back in its old logo days. :( How I miss those old logo days.

Snowkoyuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2008, 09:01 PM

hmmm.... I'd have to say that I likecartoon network. It has anime and um.. do u guys know if they also have adult swim?? I can't remember.. I can't even remember watching it very much at all... :D