Winter Hue

Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM

Oh gosh, let me see... it was when I was a mere boy. XD
I believe my first anime was either Outlaw Star or Tenshi Muyo.
As I said, I was a child. Probably when I was around 9 or 10.
Although looking back, Outlaw Star wasn't the best anime...
However I still watch it and Tenshi Muyo every now and then for nostalgia.
Afterwards I became engrossed in the amazing Toonami lineup including:
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, etc etc.
Oh gosh, I would be so excited coming home from school to watch afternoon anime.
Good times, good times. (Even better times when all my friends got into anime)

Funny thing is that my cousin introduced me to my first manga.
I was probably 14 or 15. I didn't even know manga existed.
(So many wasted years, but like with anime... I was hooked)
She plopped down next to me around Christmas time and handed a volume.
The manga was Fruits Basket and gosh, was it a difference to what I liked.
At the time I was into adventure anime about magic and knights, etc etc.
To be wooed by a very feminine manga... well it opened my eyes to a lovely genre.

Oh but anyways, I am ranting.

Tsuskimori Ichimaru

Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 PM

my first anime was Pokemon.
my first manga was Vampire Knight

Aldetha
True fan that provides cool air ...

Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 PM

I believe mine were Pokemon, Cardcaptor Sakur, Digimon, Samurai X, and Hamtaro

SirGollyGumDrop
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 AM

For anime, my firsts were Pokemon, Dragon Ball, and Sailor Moon. Actually, I'm watching them all again now, on and off with friends. As for manga, I don't remember the specific name. Something about time traveling twins and their wacky adventures.

Puffer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 AM

I really don't remember, but I remember I used to watch Doraemon; it's a cute show for elementary school kid and who doesn't want to have Doraemon? He's all I ever wanted for years and years, I would love to be Nobita, just smarter, and a bit more athletic. Then there's Pokemon; I always think of Pokemon as a Anime/Cartoon rather than an anime, I love the English Dub more than the original Japanese voice. And then there's Dragon Ball; classic goodness. But I honestly don't remember which one got me into Anime or if it's a totally different Anime.

LYN
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 AM

Same as Puffer :) I think my first anime was probably Doraemon, but dubbed in Cantonese! Cept him name wasn't Doraemon but "Ding Dong" hehe that or Sailor Moon.. again dubbed in Cantonese I used to watch the same episode over and over again cause that was the only VHS I had!

Dreamy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2013, 10:51 PM

Hmmm pretty sure it was Sailor Moon!!
manga i think it was B.O.D.Y

opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 AM

I can't really remember that well, since a program on TV used to show anime in the mornings before school when I was around five, and back then I'd watch Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tokyo Mew Mew, Pokémon, Digimon - a ton of stuff XD But I think the first anime I ever really got into, as in watching for the express purpose of watching anime for the storyline, etc. would have been either Tokyo Mew Mew or Azumanga Daioh XD

Phantom Harpy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-09-2013, 05:32 AM

My first anime was Sailor Moon, my first manga was Inuyasha. Both still hold a special place in my heart even though now I watch things like D.Gray-man and Dance in the Vampire Bund.

qtest_lil_Angel
(ʃƪ ˘ ³˘) &#...

Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 AM

well, i use to watch dragon ballz , sailor moon and pokemon.
But my real real anime (not kidish and in english) was tsubasa chronicals

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 04-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Thanks to Cheez TV (an Australian Program which is sadly off air now) my first anime's were Pokemon, Dragonball z, Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon which was on a different channel. They're all pretty generic starter anime's.
My first manga however.. hm, it was some random one from the library. I can't remember the name but I had such a hard time reading it. No matter how hard I tried I just could not read it in the correct order. I haven't really tried again, haha. -.-

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 AM

My first ever anime (before I even knew what anime was) was either Pokemon or Sailor Moon. I don't really remember which one I watched first, but I do remember watching Pokemon a hell of a lot when I was young.

Bire
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 AM

I think my first anime was Inuyasha, or Poke'mon. I loved how there were two different worlds with magic. Then my first manga was +Anima. It was a few years ago. I was wandering around the bookstore, bored, then I came up to the manga section. As I flipped through them, I thought, these are the awesomest picture books I've ever read!

Serika
Ore no Turn~~!! Draw!!
Penpal

Old 08-09-2013, 09:20 AM

my first anime would be Zenki, Sailor Moon and Akazukin Chacha

first manga -> Doraemon

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 AM

The First I ever saw would have been a version of Rapunzel, Heidi or The Little Mermaid that were originally were made in the 70s, but were put out on VHS and made available to me as a tiny child by my library. But the first anime I ever "saw", that is, made an impact on me, was Tenchi in Tokyo. COpious tears were shed.

xtoriii

Old 06-07-2016, 02:00 AM

My very first anime was Death Note. I was immediately hooked I stayed up all day and all night to finish it. It was all I thought about haha. Only bad thing was starting with, in my opinion such an amazing anime kind of made other anime after it a little disappointing, but either way Im really happy that Death Note was the first anime I watched, I don't think I would have such a love for anime now had I started out watching something else. :)

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2016, 01:39 AM

Don't laugh, but my first anime was Dragonball and Dragonball Z on Toonami. Then it was Aeon Flux, Blue Dragon(I think), and of course Naruto which I still watch. Also if you can count it(which probably can't), but Beavis and Butthead, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy.

Ingenuity
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-11-2016, 12:22 PM

My first ever manga was DragonBall Z. It was the manga that got me started on manga reading and becoming a manga and anime fan. Because after reading DBZ manga I watched DBZ anime.

RinLin
*^_^*

Old 07-05-2016, 10:39 PM

Hmm, my first anime was Sailor Moon. They aired it here in Sweden, dubbed to Swedish, that was translated from the American dub and it was so bloody censored! I remember them making Zoicite a female, while he is really a male, because homosexuality wasn't "healthy" for children to see. I can rat about this a long time, so I will just stop here. xD

First manga must have been Ranma ½. It was one of the first series released on Swedish, haha. I remember that the book were printed in reverse, so everything was so confusing to read - you could not read it like a manga, you had to read it as a normal book.

okios
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-11-2016, 07:20 AM

First Manga: Beauty Pop
First anime: Pokemon before I knew what was anime

HarleyQuinn2016
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-04-2016, 01:57 PM

Mine were Sailor Moon and Pokemon. Though I still like Pokemon cause it is a really good anime and a great game.

Brin
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2017, 04:26 PM

my first manga was genso maden saiyuki, it's the manga (they have an anime too) version of the journey to the west of Chinese folklore.