Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 PM

The Kat is back and running a new contest. This one will be run in four different parts over the course of the year. This should give you some spread out deadlines and if you miss one quarter, you can just jump in on the next part. Each quarter will be something different, but they somewhat connect and build on each other. So without further stalling, let's get on with it!

Rules (and other do's and dont's)
1. don't steal art or characters. duh
2. I will accept pretty varied qualities but I do not want these

SPOILERX

I would prefer if I can recognize what was drawn and hopefully it's not on lined paper. And please, please don't make me edit the picture after I get it because the colors are bright red on a B&W pencil sketch because it takes about five seconds to fix that on any number of free softwares. Make some effort to take a decent photo; it's only courteous to me and your skills as an artist. Represent your skills honestly.
3. What I like? All styles and medias from pixel to watercolor, anime to photo realism
4. there will be absolutely no deadline extensions this time around so that my quarters don't get uneven
5. I reserve the right to add in new characters/avatars/whatever is the subject of a quarter part way through (or take things out) if I create something over the course of the contest that I want art of.
6. you may enter each quarter as many times as you like. You can only win one prize per quarter. You can win something in every quarter. Four different chances to win.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 10-10-2014 at 05:38 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2014, 09:53 PM

SPOILERX

Quarter 1

Character and avatar art:
to save space I will post a link to my charahub account and put my notes below that because there are a lot of characters/avatars that I'm letting you choose from. Runs from January to the end of March

Characters:
https://charahub.com/user/The_KitKat_Project

****characters on Chara I'm not interested in art of: Taiga, Dizzy, Raylen, Sacha & Cain
*** As usual, I'm not strict with my designs. You can change and alter clothes and even hairstyles so long as it doesn't contradict anything in their profile.
**If more information is wanted, then I am always happy to provide more pictures and infos and what nots.
* Both couples and single arts are accepted if you can glean enough information from my profiles to do so. There is usually more information about couples in my art request threads where I write out my profiles.

Avatars Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

avi arts I've previously received: Received Art Photos by LostblackKat | Photobucket

***as with my characters, you're allowed to change the designs slightly. Such as to make the layering or styles work better. If you want to add little details like an extra ribbon on the feet to match the hands, that is also welcome.
**99% of all avatars are female. If it was made on Syndrone though, it is always male
*if you're the sort that likes character or story to go with your avi art drawing practice, or if you simply want a list of items--ask and you shall receive

Quarter 2

Fashion Design
This quarter will focus on designs for certain of my characters where I think I’m unable to create something I like. I came up with a small list, trying to give ya’ll some options. Links to my characters can still be found in the first quarter’s spoiler. As this is about fashion, you need not show detail to the character, but you MUST be clear about the clothes. Text can be given to aid (either on the drawing or in a blurb with the entry), but I’m in no better position than I already am if I’m mostly using the text to visualize. I need to be able to see it if I’m to know if it suits my character. Runs from April to the end of June.

Kat Dakuu
I want a matching set in magical girl transformation style. She should have a normal outfit, and a transformed outfit for her manga story Lock & Draw. In this universe, she finds a box of crayons capable of bringing drawings to life. She needs a key to ‘lock’ the image into existence otherwise the drawings will stay as crayon. She does not have any connections to fire in story.
Requirements:
1. There be two outfits. You can’t just draw one or the other
2. There must be some line of connection between them. Could be small or obvious, but a color, theme, or accessory must carry over in some way.
3. She must have a key with some sort of cat motif connected to it. I’ve always drawn it as a wand with a cat head charm, but you’re welcome to experiment in any direction.
4. You may use my L&D purple dress style that already exists as a base, but I am not pleased with it’s current look. Change the colors, change the style, or not. Make it a dress or a skirt/shirt combo. Have freedom!!

Kitara:
Same as Kat. Magical girl outfits for L&D. I don’t have her in the story right now, but I like the idea of them being a magical girl team.
Requirements:
1. Obviously two outfits with similarity
2. Some sort of magical girl weapon be it a staff, wand, or...whatever else. She has been given a willow wand in one story which could be used as the basis. I don’t want it to be tooo similar to Kat’s.
3. I know I have no refs for her clothes at all. Just keep to spring themes and you should be good.
4. She has no magical power in mind to inspire you, but her summon lioness can be worked into it. Wind, lightning. These are her elements.

Shin:
You are the band’s stylist. Your priority is not what Shin would like to wear, but your own aesthetics. Your job is to dress this guy for a concert or music video in any style you desire. The sky is the limits. Be it funny, sexy, cute, or casual. Make my boy look good!
Requirements:
None. ;)

Taiga:
Has no clothes. O.o
Requirements:
1. Preferably in a fantastical, aristocratic type of style. But something more modern is also acceptable as long as the clothes are not plain. He’s vain, very vain. His clothes should reflect a flashy style.
2. Color scheme- black, indigo, violet, silver, possibly electric blue
3. Must include pants

Indirect Falsehood
The Visual Kei loving band needs another set of stage costumes.
Requirements:
1. Costumes for all FOUR to make a set
2. There needs to be a connecting point between them all. They all obviously have their own distinct style, but the theme can be subtle. Could be a time period or theme of some sort that they each portray in their own way, or one item that is on all of them. Ex: the set of KofK avatars are meant to have feathers tied into the hair of each member.

Key Gavotte
I may have multiple avatars and drawings of him clothed, but I feel unsure about the styles involved. They don’t totally displease me, but I feel I’m missing something. The best outfit I have is my main ref of him in the dress. That’s more of a stage style though. I’d like his casual fashion. I have good descriptions of his style on his bio. It’s pretty open. No requirements as long as it suits him. Can be simple or more complicated in style.

**added** Jexel and Ashton
I want to see what these two would look like in the modern world. How would their fashion translate? If not modern clothes, then at least something more casual. I think it would be really interesting to see.
requirements:
1. you can draw one or the other, or both.

Quarter 3

Mini Comics
For this quarter, I want little multi-panel drawings (at least three panels to call a comic). Could be quite simple as long as I can understand it and text is legible. I won't have as high of standards as to the quality of the art. Below I will put some ideas to work from, but I give you guys a lot of creativity. Just root around my profiles and there are a lot of weird quirks and half ideas hiding about, especially in the questions section. Whether it's making my character do something they hate or illustrating a bit of a story scene. Please do! Basically I'm looking for one page comics.

Sorry I didn't update this sooner. I was going to add ideas in, but it's hard to do without my laptop.

Ex: like when you look on Kat's profile, you see something like "even a trip to Walmart can turn into a disaster." Then you would illustrate just how and how badly one cat demon and her fallen angel guardian (and maybe her almost helpful sister) can injure a store.

Ex: anything involving tama being a fan girl of chi and juka. Her exploits to collect material on them, write fan fiction, or trick the two of them into thinking she has and really would leak photos to the paparazzi. I can see a camera rigged mistletoe on Christmas.

Ex: although I haven't written the scene yet, I know this will happen. A clingy drunk shin and char. Silly and cute!

In my art request, there is a section labeled 'scenes' for some serious and romantic stuff. A lot of people who do art for me also rp with me so y'all can get ideas from anywhere in our stories if you want. This is all I can think of at the moment so y'all can hopefully come up with some stuff.

~kpop~

You can find me on...
KofK: blackbriar
Recolor.me: Sassy Kat
Gaia: Xie Wufei
Sylestia: Murkysoulwaters
Roleplay Repository: Murkysoulwaters
Deviant art: Kat Dakuu

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-20-2014 at 04:55 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2014, 09:56 PM

Prizes!

Quarter 1

*arts will be judged for quality, accuracy, and my own personal tastes*
Quarter 2
* arts will be judged on style, originality, & clarity*

1st- A choice between 1 art from me, 1 item I have an extra of, or 5k gold
2nd- 3k gold
3rd- 2k gold

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-01-2014 at 07:53 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 PM

Entries

Quarter 1:

SPOILERX

Quarter 2:
None :(

Winners

Quarter 1:
cyber punk by CosmicFoxKitty

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-01-2014 at 05:24 AM..

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 01:32 PM

-rolls around and loves on thread-

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 06:05 PM

Hello ash and thank you for the thread love.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 06:11 PM

I shall do something for you but today I'm kinda all over the place,

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 PM

thankie Ash. You've got three months to do something, but why are you so all over the place?

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 06:58 PM

Writing a book, drawing, getting on forum sites, and yeaaa lol I shall draw something soon. I have to wait to scan it though when it's done.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 07:01 PM

sounds busy busy. You're life is like mine except I'm also trying to get a job. *sigh* I hop your book is going well though.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 PM

It's not lol I might change up the story a lot though. Do you think using real towns but fictional places in the towns is okay?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 07:49 PM

of course. It's writing. You can do whatever you want to do in it. A lot of writers do that. It can be really effective to be as real as possible with an exiting city, but hard if you've never lived there...and maybe ineffective for the places your story needs to have.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 07:51 PM

That's exactly my problem, both of them lolololol

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM

Just do what your story needs.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM

Shall.

Blah today I suck at drawing.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 08:38 PM

I suck at even trying to draw. I haven't done anything yet today.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 08:43 PM

Today is just a bad day lololol

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 PM

perhaps so. It feels like a good day though.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 PM

Lol not to me.

Edit;

This is suppose to be Kai

This is suppose to be Tamara

I think I'll redraw them tomorrow or something...

Last edited by CosmicFoxKitty; 01-13-2014 at 09:20 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:21 PM

*shoves good day feels over to you* I shall force feed you goodness!

aw, the Kai one is so cute and I like Tamara too!

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:21 PM

Hahaha I wish it'd work like that xD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 PM

well....it could if you wanted it to.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 PM

This is true, idk, I'm thinking of napping lol naps make things better right?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 PM

naps are definitely good things.
I need to poof and go fabric hunting and doll photographing again. My BJD of Kat is quite a project and I'd like her to be far enough along soon that I can use her as a reference picture.

CosmicFoxKitty
The Awkward

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 PM

I think I shall then,

That actually sounds fun