Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-29-2015, 07:33 PM

It started out with such a simple, blunt announcement. "I think I'm gonna keep it," Janette said as the three of them sat in William's dorm room, eating bagels and cream cheese. They'd spent spring break together. Well, Gary and William had and Janette tried to avoid them as much as possible, but a girl could only do so much when rooming with her brother. Now it was the morning before they would take her home and the revelation hit her there, like the morning sunshine.

William choked on a bit of food and turned to look at Janette. "I'm sorry what?" He wasn't sure he heard what he thought or what it meant. They hadn't been talking about anything after all.

"The baby. I think I'm going to keep it."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-29-2015, 09:07 PM

Gary reaches over absentmindedly to pat William on the back when he chokes and then turns equally shocked eyes on Janette. The two of them have gotten to know each other a little bit better over the last week, or at least he thinks they have.

He's shocked to hear such a conclusion from the young girl. It's not the one he expected and he's certain it's not what William expected either.

"May we ask what lead to this decision?" he was curious and figured William definitely wanted to know, so he voiced what he knew the both of them were thinking, not really even realizing the implications of lumping them into one entity.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-30-2015, 02:11 AM

Janette shrugged one shoulder and continued to spread strawberry flavored cream cheese onto her bagel. "Maybe...I can't really explain?" She scowled and flicked a crumb across the table before taking a bite and chewing with more gusto than usual. "I just thought it was kinda cruel to go and kill it is all! I see happy people around me all the time here and I've already had it for a while so I guess I got attached to the idea. Then I figured if I was going to keep it around long enough to give up for adoption, I might not want to let it go..."

William watched her in silence, understanding her meaning even before she explained. "I never knew my own mum. I think I'd want to know my kid," she ended in a whisper that sounded so uncharacteristic for her. So serious. Then Janette flashed a smile and held out her phone. "So I called Damien and told him he knocked me up and I was gonna keep it! We're 'fficially dating now so I've got that."

William groaned and dropped his head on the table. "Seriously?! That bad boy!?"

Janette crossed her arms and let out a little huff of defiance.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 PM

Gary kept silent not really fully able to understand just what William and Janette were talking about, but he admired Janette for her decision. It was good not to leave children alone in the world, especially when it could be avoided. He certainly wished his parents had made more of an effort.

He looked over at Wililam and felt a soft smile form on his lips. He couldn't imagine a life growing up in foster care, even if William seemed to have gotten lucky and had those who cared for him around him. It wasn't something you could exchange for real and true loving care from parents and fully devoted attention for that. He knew William felt lonely at times, or at least he could assume. What else could have lead him to chase Gary for as long as he did? So dedicated despite how many times he'd been rebuffed or hurt by the older man. It had to be a sense of loneliness, and if there was one thing that Gary would swear is that he never wanted William to feel that type of loneliness ever again.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-01-2015, 04:34 AM

William felt Gary's eyes on him and lifted his head. Although he had no idea what the other man thought, he saw a warmth in his expression that left William's heart fluttering. Could he call that a look of love? He glanced back at Janette. It struck him how brave she was. He didn't think he could say the things he did in her position, but maybe he would never know. How could he understand what it meant to be pregnant, to think of motherhood? He did understand one thing though.

Togetherness. "I wish you luck, sis. Since it's you, I think you'll do just fine. You're strong," he said, his voice serious. Though he said that, he found his eyes drifting over to Gary again. Although he'd been in love for so long already, Janette's brave words made him realize something about his own relationship. If he and Gary could make it, then Janette and Damien just might make it. And if they did, then there were no limits to what love could do. Maybe it took work, or a little prodding from something like a kid, but anyone could become boyfriend material. Surely even Damien could become someone worthy of his sister's child.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Gary scooted closer to William, wanting to wrap around him and never let him go, never let the world touch him or hurt him again. But he couldn't do that, especially not with Janette still in the room. He did settle for pressing himself fully against Williams side and bring a hand up to stroke at the hair at the small of Williams neck. The other reaching down to entwine their fingers.

He then glanced back over at Janette and smiled at her, "Anything is worth a shot," he agreed, "If I can find love and family again, you can certainly start your own. I really hope everything goes well for you, Janette." What he didn't say was that he hoped the same for him and William. He was sure he could taste that future, maybe even a future where they had kids themselves (and wasn't that a scary thought). And he wanted it, more than anything. He wanted that future with William.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-01-2015, 11:01 PM

For once, Janette didn't roll her eyes at the show of lovey-doviness from the the other two. It made her feel strangely warm to see such love. She pushed back her chair and grabbed her phone. "Anyway, I have some texting to do. I'll leave you two to...whatever." She paused in the doorway as she slipped on her shoes. "And thanks both of you. Ya'll are going to turn out great." She left the two of them with that and went to a bench outside where they could all have some peace.

William turned to Gary one second before he fell into his arms. "Oh wow!" he exclaimed with a flustered face. "I didn't expect that at all!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-01-2015, 11:04 PM

Gary nodded, leaning into kiss William before he ever responded, unable to wait any longer. "It's shocking, but if she's anything like her older brother, she can do anything she sets her mind to," he murmured against Williams lips. He pulled back smiling, "After all, determination will get you everywhere." He kissed William again, whispering, "God, I love you. Thinking about the future for Janette made me realize how much I want that with you. Forever." All of this said softly with barely a breadth of space between the two men.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-01-2015, 11:13 PM

William chuckle as he melted into the kisses. "Determination makes the world go around. Just think about what it's going to keep doing for us," he whispered. One hand lifted to brush fingers against Gary's jaw. His eyes full of love, he just touched the other man, awed to even be in his presence. "I love you too and I'm sure no matter how much we grow and change, I always will." Forever. He let the word burn in his mind. They still had so much life ahead of them, but it would be a life with Gary. He knew that without a doubt.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 PM

~Epilogue (2 years later)~

Declan sighed and thumped his head against the desk. He was ready for the day to be over. Since starting his Ph.D. and moving up to teaching several classes rather than just grading, Declan had realized how much he really just wanted to be a historian and research, not deal with all the obnoxious freshman students who just wanted to mark time through their required history course. The reason for this particular head desk was a barely legible email from a student asking about information that was easily available in the syllabus. Sighing, Declan decided to just call it a day. His office hours had ended, and there was a no reason that email needed to be answer in this moment.

Besides, all Declan wanted to do was go home and snuggle up with his boyfriend and then head over to the slightly delayed (since the school semester had already started) graduation party for the both of them. It was late because scheduling had never worked out when it was around the proper time. So really this was gonna just be a celebration to celebrate and Declan was fine with that.

Fifteen minutes later, Declan was walking through the door of his apartment, knowing Koda would be there to meet him. "Koda?" he called out.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-02-2015, 01:15 AM

Koda just started his first year of college a few weeks ago and was surprised to say that things went well. He fit into the campus life and even his classes. But then, he wasn't the same student he'd been in high school. In fact, quite a lot changed. When he heard the door open, Koda shifted the two open books on top of his stomach to the coffee table. "Yo, you're late!" he yelled as he slipped off the couch to go meet his boyfriend in the entryway. A tiny smirk flitted across his face.

In the past two years, Koda hit a massive growth spurt and grew five inches so that he stood only a few shorter than Declan. His hair was cut a little shorter, though still a shaggy mess. He did look every bit the two years older though. After pressing a quick kiss to the older man's lips in greeting, he pulled back with a smile. "Are you excited for the party?!" He pulled away to wave one hand vaguely with his excitement. "I've been waiting for a chance to celebrate so long. We finally have the chance! Great right?" Though his voice deepened some, he still talked with the same child's excitement when with Declan. In that, nothing changed.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-02-2015, 01:50 AM

"Yes, well teaching obnoxious freshman about history when they have no interest in it and don't know how to read a syllabus will do that too you," Declan grumbled, though he smiled when Koda quickly kissed him, miles away from the shy boy he'd been when they'd first started dating. Declan loved the ease and comfort that had developed over the past couple years. Every moment with Koda just felt right and all his worries about everything else could melt away.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm looking forward to it," he smiled, happy for the party but also kinda desiring to just curl up on the couch with Koda and watch a movie, not going anywhere. That wasn't an option though so he grabbed Koda by the hand and pulled him to his (their) bedroom. "Come on, we need to get changed. I don't want to hear it about how I can't even stop looking like a nerd for a party."

Over the years Declan's style hadn't changed much. He still dressed in what Gary called nerdy chic, but that was mostly when he was at work. Out of work, he'd started being more relaxed. He still dressed nicer and enjoyed being well put together, so no t-shirts, but he'd taken a couple pages out of Gary's book and modified his once "club wear" into an everyday wear. His hair hadn't changed a bit though, still blonde, still shaggy, though he had let Koda convince him to temporarily streak it this summer, but that had to go the moment school started back up.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-02-2015, 02:49 AM

"I told you Freshman were stupid, excluding me of course." He really had told him, but Declan went and taught anyway. Koda rolled his eyes, but easily fell into step next to Declan. He'd been wearing clothes similar to his high school ones while at home, or technically Declan's home. The yours/mine line turned blurry a while ago and Koda spent more time at Declan's place that his own, to the point he could change his clothes there. "You will always be a nerd," he chuckled tossing aside the graphic tee he'd been wearing. Though his clothing never went anywhere near nerd, his average wear lost the total tone of black and went more expensive and fashionable punk. His stressed jeans were still black in color though.

"What are you planning on wearing? I mean, I'm pretty sure I wore this shirt yesterday or I'd keep wearing it..." He sniffed the garment. It didn't smell that bad. He knew Declan would harass him if he didn't change though. It was a party, not the couch where he could laze around like he owned the place.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-02-2015, 03:01 AM

"Yes well someone has to teach them and unfortunately we all have to do our time with the torture," Declan groaned. "Yes, well you had a great inspiration and guide." Declan smirked, before turning to consider the closet. He elected to ignore the nerd comment "Something slightly fancy but not over the top and no you are not wearing something you wore yesterday. That's just gross. You have enough clothes here to pick something else."

He rolled his eyes at Koda's actions, some things would probably never change. He rifled through his closet, choosing a pair of burgundy semi-skinny pants and a black polo. His shoes would be his standard oxfords, and he didn't really care what Gary or anyone else had to say. Switching to Koda's side he pointed out a couple of shirt options, one long-sleeved and one not, that were colored and bright, and maybe coordinated with Declan's own selection.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-02-2015, 03:24 AM

"Way to inflate your own ego!" Koda groaned like what Declan said actually bothered him. They always played around like this though, so at ease with each other. These days, Koda gave as good as he got rather than feeling embarrassed by taunts or simply bitching.

He watched Declan pick his own clothes then leaned against the closet door frame so he could look at his own things. If he didn't know better, he'd think Declan pointed those out because they matched his own clothes. Oh wait, he did know better. Rolling his eyes, Koda picked the short sleeve shirt since the sun would still be out and a force to be dealt with. After putting it on, he went in search of his converse which had gotten kicked under the bed at some point.

"So who all is coming again? I know Megan and Josh said they would stop by," he said, naming two of his new school friends. "And of course Gary..." He rolled his eyes again. Koda never did act like he liked the guy though he'd gotten over truly disliking him long ago.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-02-2015, 03:38 AM

"Hm, you love me for it though," Declan said pecking Koda on the lips before beginning to change his clothes. "Well if Gary's gonna be there of course William will too. I think Elyssa said she'd come. Leila and her girlfriend should be there as well," mentioning a couple of the graduate students who had graduated with him. "And of course our families. So not a huge crowd, but it should be fun." If a little stressful, it would certainly be a lot of personalities in one area.

Once he was finished dressing he plopped down on the bed to tie his shoes. "Okay, let's go, or we'll be late. Probably doesn't look ver good for the guests of honor to be late. We can come back later and actually chill."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-02-2015, 03:49 AM

"Whatever," Koda said with a fond air. Clearly the response meant, 'I love you too,' even if that's not exactly what he said. He glanced in the mirror, decided he looked presentable enough and headed for the door. "I'm coming already! If we're late, it's going to be your fault for coming home late." Despite complaining, he had to agree with Declan that it would be a fun party. He looked forward to seeing all those people in one room and getting a chance to catch up. The start of school left him drifting away a bit. He deserved a party to give himself a break and he knew Declan did too.

The two of them out to Declan's car. "Even if this will be fun, I'm looking forward to chilling with you too," Koda grinned at his boyfriend over the top of the car before getting in.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-02-2015, 04:05 AM

The two traded sarcastic comments and barbs as they drove toward the restaurant, as was their norm. Affection and closeness laced through every comment. Soon they arrived at a local Italian restaurant that had a room that could be rented. He parked and looked around to see if there were any other cars that he recognized. He noticed a couple and figured they were already inside. Seemed like Gary and William hadn't arrived yet though.

"We'll we beat Gary, so even if we are a little late. Still not last." He grinned, stepping out of the car to go in and entwining his hand with Koda's as they entered the restaurant.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-02-2015, 04:16 AM

It felt natural to twine their fingers together, walking proudly as a couple even in a public place. Not that Koda ever cared what people thought about him, but now it felt so natural. They made it to the back room where a few familiar faces already sat. Koda opened his mouth to greet them, but didn't get the chance.

"They're here!" Someone yelled and a massive conglomeration of noise met them.

"Late congrats on graduating you two!" Koda's mom exclaimed before she swooped forward to gather him in a big hug, forcing him to let go of Declan's hand. After releasing Koda, she turned to Declan. "I see you're still taking good care of my boy. It's nice to see you again." She smiled at them before letting to two go mingle with their friends. Of course she knew they dated and she accepted that with ease from the start. Declan always was good for Koda.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-02-2015, 10:51 PM

"Always, ma'am," Declan smiled smiling at the woman. "Though he's not particularly hard to take care of these days." Declan had been pretty proud of how well Koda was doing in college. Definitely thriving in a way he didn't in high school, for which Declan was glad. He loved seeing his boyfriend happy. After sharing a brief hug with Koda's mom, Declan felt a hand grab his shoulder and turned to his his parents.

They were smiling, "We're happy for you son. And proud, getting a master's is no easy feat, and you did it. Plus, you've really found some real happiness with that boy. Keep hold of him," Declan's father spoke in the deep voice that reminded Declan of nights spent falling asleep to his father reading story books to him at a young age, a deep brogue lulling him into dreamland.

"I have no plans too." While Declan spoke with his father, his mother had gone and wrapped her arms around Koda, squeezing him tight. She'd taken an immediate liking to the younger male when Declan first introduced them. Pretty much thinking he was the most adorable thing, much to Declan's chagrin.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 02:22 AM

Koda whined when his boyfriend's mom captured him in a hug. He was not cute and the only one who could get away with calling him that was Declan. Well, he let it slide most of the time because he did find a lot of amusement in Declan's family. After saying a quick hello to them, he got his chance to slip away and dust himself off in a dramatic manner. A few other people came up and congratulated them, but eventually they let the guests of honor sit down in their tacky, decorated seat. Yay for streamers.

"Seriously, it's only your friends that are late," Koda complained to Declan after noticing that only two notable faces hadn't arrived yet.

xxx

"Gary!" William nagged for the second time. "You know we're late!" Of course, this had been entirely his fault because he couldn't find his glasses and he lost a contact and it was hard to find the glasses without wearing them. And then he almost forgot his phone. But hey, the thought of telling the others about his and Gary's recent news made him a little jittery.

They'd just parked and William hopped out seconds after complaining about being late. It looked like they were the last two and he had a feeling they'd get hell for it.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 02:53 AM

"They're your friends too, no matter how you pretend. I know you like Gary. You're both brats, so of course you do." He smirks at Declan, though he is wondering why Gary and William are late. They're usually pretty good about managing to be on time.

~~

"And whose fault is it that we're late?" Gary asked, following behind William at a more sedate pace. "It certainly wasn't mine. I was ready on time." His tone was griping but he was smiling as he said it, fond. Plus, it's not like he could really be mad at William these days, not when he could see the glint of metal around Williams fingers and feel the comforting weight around his own.

As much as this was Declan and Koda's day, he was curious just how long it would take Declan to notice something was up. Catching up to William he grabbed the other's hand and kissed him on the cheek as they entered the room.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 03:16 AM

"Mine," William answered with a wink despite both of them already knowing the answer to the question. Or he could say it was Gary's because he went and turned William into an airhead like this. He kept that thought to himself though because they didn't have time to argue over such pointless and domestic things now.

Domestic things. The thought put a smile on William's face, not that he had been frowning before. The weight of his ring was surprisingly easy to get used to, like it felt natural on his finger. Raising his free hand, William grinned when they got to the back room. "We're here! Sorry for being late!" he announced with a wave.

Koda rolled his eyes at the pair who made such a noticeable entrance. "You're late!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-03-2015, 03:28 AM

"Yes well we can blame it on this one," Gary said pointing to William. He walked over to Declan and Koda and patted Declan on the shoulder, "Congrats Irish," he leaned to whisper to Koda, so the parents couldn't hear, "Boytoy. You seem to have graduated or something." He ruffled Koda's hair, really just wanting to get a rise out of him, before he and Gary settled into their seats, never once letting go over the other's hand.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 03:38 AM

Koda swatted the older man's hand away, turning a little red, though mostly because of embarrassed irritation. "Come up with a new name for me already!" he snapped after Gary as he walked to his seat. Really, how long had it been and he still insisted on that name? He shook his head, but he was glad to see the other two and now they could really start the party.

William chuckled under his breath and mouthed a 'sorry' to Koda before congratulating them both. After sitting, he let their clasped hands rest on Gary's leg as he ran a thumb over the back of his hand, pretending that was them kissing. Only a minute after, a waiter came to place multiple platters of nacho appetizer on the table and William reached for a chip, revealing the ring on his finger.