For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 AM

Happy Valentine's Day Wallflowers. You are all my dearest Valentines, so come on in, pull up a petal and have a chat. We'll have a few prizes for passing through.

In order to encourage participation, our first page prize will be the first poster on page 50, if we get to 50. Better get posting!

Also worthy noting, The Hobbit fandom has eaten Cookie's life, so fandomy discussions are encouraged, because I won't shut up. That's a good thing right?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 AM

Yay, the Wallflowers thread is out!

Sadly I haven't seen the Hobbit yet, so I can't fangasm with you.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 AM

Fading *glomps*

The Hobbit has turned me dwarfsexual. I swear! Thorin is so majestic and Fili has amazing mustache braids and this cocky smirk and Bofur...Bofur's dimples and his hat and his Pippi Longstockings braids! *grabby hands*

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 AM

*snuggles Cookie back*

Haha, I have no idea what you're talking about. I hope they play the movie on TV soon or something. I wanna see. All the reviews I've heard from people say it's great.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 04:09 AM

I know you don't, but that will not stop me from babbling! My tumblr has turned from a rarely used thing to a dwarf appreciation blog I swear

This is Fili

And my darling Bofur

This is the Majestic Thorin

Enjoy the spam XD

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 AM

Hiya Cookie!

I'll be back later...I'm just looking for people's threads right now...

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 AM

Hi hi Jean. Looking very spacetacular today. XD

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 AM

lol....yea.

I'm going to have to find a more event-appropriate outfit though.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 04:14 AM

I was too lazy to do anything more than toss a couple of roses on my current outfit. Pink roses are my favorites, mostly because they smell nice. Red and white roses rarely smell like anything. I know this from my learnings! And the vase of roses on my desk XD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 05:07 AM

lol! Nice images. XD I think I like Fili best. Dat Umbrella umbrella. XDD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 05:11 AM

I know. They way he twirls that umbrella is so cute. I don't know why everyone calls Fili's brother, Kili, the hot one. I think the other ones are much cuter :D

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 02-15-2013 at 05:14 AM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 AM

Hmm...I like Kili better too, but that's mostly because I have a thing for people with darker hair. XD I'll have to actually watch the movie to be sure. :P

Fili kind of looks like Ulfric Stormcloak from Skyrim...

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 AM

For-Chan, your avi is adorable!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 AM

You do have to watch the movie. It's a lot of fun. I'm just having a lot of fun, soaking up the dwarfiness.

Thank you Suona :D How are you today?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 AM

So is it mostly with dwarves? :o I think I saw somewhere that there're elves in it too, Legolas in particular. Something about how after ten years Legolas/Orlando Bloom still looks the same, if not even younger. XDD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 AM

Well, the Hobbit is one, rather small, book and it's a prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's all about Frodo's uncle, Bilbo, and the adventure he went on with the company of 13 dwarves. But they decided to divide it up into three movies. In the first one, we went to Rivendell, but they're not yet to Mirkwood where Legolas lives. He'll be in the movies, just not sure which one we'll pop up in. Probably the second and/or third.

It's funny that Orlando Bloom is still so pretty. He's gone on to be a dad! Elijah Wood's voice is a bit deeper and the guy that plays old Bilbo looks even older, even though he's technically younger in the film. Because the film is done sort of flashback style with older Bilbo and younger Frodo just before the party in the Shire from the first Lord of the Rings movie. And then it proceeds into Bilbo telling his tale about when he was younger.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 AM

Oooh. I read the Hobbit, but only remember parts of it, like how he went into Smaug's lair and stuff...but I don't remember the bit about going with 13 dwarves.

And three movies?! Daaamn. LOTR is three times as thick as the Hobbit, if not more, and that was three movies! Now the Hobbit will also be made into three movies?!

lol! I'm guessing that makeup might have something do with the looks.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 05:59 AM

How can you not remember the Dwarves? They're the whole reason for the adventure XD

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is Three books, all fatter than the Hobbit! I guess the thing was, they wanted to take information from the various LotR appendices and incorporate it into the Hobbit to make it more cohesive with the universe. Because The Hobbit was written before the rest of it was conceived and a lot of background info pops up in the appendices.

Indeed.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 AM

It has been like, five years since I last read that book. XDDDD;;

Ah. That does explain it. :o I don't think they'll be making a movie for the Simarillion...I tried reading it three times but could never finish it. >.>;;

Puffer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 AM

Hi guys! :o

You guys are talking about The Hobbits! I wanted to watch that, but I never got the chance and then it's not on the cinema anymore

I love LoTR, I wanna watch it! I guess I have to wait until I can watch it some place else.

And
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post

And three movies?! Daaamn. LOTR is three times as thick as the Hobbit, if not more, and that was three movies! Now the Hobbit will also be made into three movies?!
^ this.

I haven't heard about this one. Three movies?! Gosh, why? xD
But I guess it's good, in a way. I get to watch 3 more LoTR (well, The Hobbits) movies!

Oh and, nice to meet you all. *bows*

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 AM

Five years isn't that long at all. Most people are all "Oh man, I read that when I was a kid." I never did though. XD

I doubt they'll make a Simarillion movie as it was mostly a book of myths rather than one coheseive story. I took it out from the library a few weeks ago with the intention of reading it, but then I was too busy reading fanfics to actually read it and I had to bring it back XD

Hi Puffer :D

The Hobbit was a lot of fun. I got to see it in the theatre twice. It's still playing here I think, but at the discount cinema. It's a bit far, so I don't go out there much.

I believe that the original plan was for them to make just two Hobbit movies, but then they had so much content, they decided to slice it up into three. They seem to like extra content, I mean look at all the extra stuff they had for the other three movies. Not that I've watched it all. I keep meaning to buy all the extended versions. I have to make my cousin watch them with me :D

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 AM

I'd like to see that Hobbit movie.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 AM

Yeah well, that was around the time we got those books in the house. XDDD;

Ah. No wonder I couldn't ever finish it. >.>;; It was really confusing from what little of it I read...

Extra stuff is quite fun, it adds a lot of small details that brightens up everything as a whole. :3

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 AM

It has a Cookie seal of approval. The dwarves have character. Their designs are interesting and it's fun. :D

I like extra stuff. After I watched the Hobbit movie, I went back and watched the Production blogs, which has a lot of fun behind the scenes stuff.

Last edited by For-Chan Cookie; 02-15-2013 at 06:30 AM..

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 AM

I need a new avie.