Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-06-2016, 11:50 PM

☆ March 6
I applied for a job at the bookstore in town, which is somewhere I've wanted to work since I was in high school. My first interview with the owner went well and they called me back for a second interview this week with some of the staff, and I think that one went well too. Now I am anxiously waiting to hear from them tomorrow to find out if I actually got hired or not! I keep going over some of my answers at the interview, thinking about how they could have been better. Ugh, no use in that, I did my best. I really want this job though. I hope they hire me! Please hire me! *internal flailing intensifies*

Last edited by Chexala; 03-11-2016 at 11:40 PM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-11-2016, 11:39 PM

☆ March 11
The bookstore did not hire me. I was trying to moderate my hopes at least a little, but a bit part of me expected that I would get it. I didn't realize just how big that part was until they called to let me down, and I had to sit and cry a little afterwards. The boyfriend was on hand, though, and comforted me. Now that I've had some days to get over it, I'm finding that even though I'm disappointed, I'm also relieved. It would have been really exciting, but also difficult to manage with my school schedule and other obligations. *sigh*

Also I've been sick for days. Fever of 100, sore throat, general achiness, dizziness. Blagh! I'm feeling much better now though, and expect I'll be fine again tomorrow.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-10-2016, 01:32 AM

☆ April 9
Sick again! Blast! Just a cold this time, but I feel like I'm going to scrap my nose off my face with the number of tissues I've had to use.

I think this is the 3rd time I've been sick this term, and I'm 98% certain all three times have been stress related. I had a huge paper due this week and I started getting sick the day it was due because I was so on edge about getting it done. Moral of the story: don't procrastinate homework so much that it literally makes you sick!

Other take-away lessons from getting sick too often: I let my exercise routine lapse, and I need to pick that up again, because regular activity is good for your immune system etc. Also I eat poorly when I'm stressed because I don't have enough motivation to cook. I could help myself a lot by exploring new kinds of healthy "snacks" I could get or make ahead of time. Things like baby carrots, fruit, or frozen leftovers.

Other than that, school is going okay. I made it through the two most stressful assignments I had and my general, traditional mid-term stress. Plenty of work left to do, but the end is in sight. Also I've been making time to work on Menewsha projects behind the scenes. What happens in the staff rooms stays in the staff rooms, but I can share the tumblr blog I set up: Chexala's Pick. I see so many fantastic avatars all the time and I can't nominate them all to User's Pick, so I thought I'd make a blog for it! It's fun, and might boost Mene's visibility a little bit too (I hope!)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-14-2016, 12:28 AM

Get better soon Chexala. I know the feeling. I've been sick since november. though i'm pretty much over it now *hugs*

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-04-2016, 07:47 PM

☆ May 4
My birthday was two days ago! Wooooo! I'm finally 28 now, after a whole year of already thinking I was 28. Don't know why, but I could never get it into my head that I was ever 27. Maybe I'll be 28 forever? I wouldn't have many complaints about that.

The boyfriend's birthday is in a couple days also. He's having a little party and we're going to be cooking lots of yummy things. I'm looking forward to giving him his presents too. (He got me a Lego set with a T.Rex in it! <3)

Also, duuuuuuude, it's the Phoenix Jubilee! This has been one of my favorite Mene holidays since always, and I'm really excited to be helping to host it this year! Also I got to pixel an EI for it, and it's going to get released soon and I can't wait, auugh!

My semester is almost over too. I've still got a lot of work to do (and make up T__T) but the end is in sight and then I can take a break for the summer. I'm looking forward to going back to my part time job and working on hobbies. Also spending (even more) time with the boyfriend.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-06-2016, 03:53 AM

yay Chexala for everything!!! ans super happy birthday!!!! <3

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-06-2016, 05:55 AM

Thanks Shadami. :)

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-06-2016, 10:45 AM

Belated Happy Birthday Chexala. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-07-2016, 12:41 AM

☆ May 6
Look what Libra made for me!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 05-07-2016, 10:05 PM

oh WOW.. that is AWESOME..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 07-13-2016, 04:45 AM

☆ May 6
I got a job at the bookstore! I got a freaking job at the freaking bookstore!! So. Much. Squee!

This is the same bookstore where I interviewed back in March. When I didn't get that position, they told me that they would love to hire me in the future if there were another opening, but I didn't expect anything to open for a looooong while because they have pretty low turn over. They called me out of the blue on Friday because one of their people had to leave abruptly, and now I'm working there!

I had my orientation yesterday, and I'm starting my first training shift tomorrow! I'll be learning to use the cash register and how to place orders. :DDD

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 01:33 PM

Congrats Chexala I'm happy for you and I'd Squee to if i got to work in a bookstore.