Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-15-2018, 02:10 AM

Despite his reservations, Samir couldn't help but grin as the fight raged on. Every splash of water near them left him laughing, out of breath when he used Emery as a shield, but lobbed a well aimed balloon back for revenge. Emery knew him too well, knew that he needed this in his life. Just like he needed Emery. As the water balloons dwindled, he tossed his last to Emery, knowing the other boy could make a better shot. "You can do it. We win if we hit Madison again!" Bounding behind Emery again, his entire face was flushed with excitement, waiting for the game to be over. Honestly, it didn't matter how the fight ended, he just wanted to hug Emery when it was over. Victory hug or a loser's hug? He really couldn't wait.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-16-2018, 02:40 AM

Emery took the last ballon from Samir and lined up his shot, stilling for a few moments, to make sure that he actually managed to get the shot. He wanted them to so bad; he could feel himself practically vibrating with it. They should win after all; they were the perfect team. Finally, he saw his opportunity, Madison's teammate having left her open for a perfect shot and he lobbed the balloon with all the force he could muster, determine for it to break and not just bounce off her.

He gave a victorious shout when the blue balloon landed right on the center of her stomach and burst splattering water everywhere, "Yes!! WE WON!" he shouted, turning to grin at Samir and reaching out to grab him in a hug, "I knew we could do it!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-16-2018, 08:41 PM

Samir flung his arms around Emery before the other boy could initiate the hug himself. He'd seen that shot and he knew from the second the balloon left Emery's hand, that it would reach its mark. "We did! You're amazing, Em!" Samir gasped, not caring that their wet shirts clung together so it felt like they touched bare skin to bare skin. In moments like this, such things only caused his heart to thunder louder in the best of ways. After all, they'd only grown closer over the years. Finally, he extricated himself from the other boy's embrace, keeping hold of his hand. "Madison is going to be mad though, so I think we better bail." He glanced over at the girl wringing water from her shirt, sending an extra glare in Emery's direction. Everyone knew she wanted to win as bad as Emery and she'd find a way to get pay back too.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-19-2018, 01:32 AM

"Sure, let's go," Emery said, cheeks flushed a bright red both from excitement and from the hug they'd just shared. He gripped Samir's hand and tugged on it, sending the two of them running, laughing, loud and carefree as he did so. The two boys ran further into the park, laughter ringing behind them the whole way. When they finally stopped in a little grove of trees, Emery turned bright on Samir, "Oh my gosh! That was so fun!" He exclaimed, shaking his head slightly to get some of the water out of his hair. "And I can't believe we actually won; you were on fire today Samir!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-19-2018, 09:31 PM

Even though Samir knew the parent's would chide them later for running off and leaving such a mess behind, he couldn't find himself to regret running. Muscles burning and his breath short as much from the activity as just being with Emery, he finally skid to a stop next to the other boy. "It was," he gasped back, matching Emery's grin. "It's because when I'm with you, I feel like I can do anything. It's the same for you right?" Leaning closer, he couldn't help but want to close the distance between them even more. It was strange, but in moments like this, he found it easy to be honest with himself. And his honest self was not entirely a child anymore.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-20-2018, 03:44 AM

Emery stared back at Samir, heart thudding from how close the other boy was. Emery always thought he was the daring one, yet in moments like this it seemed Samir was always more in tune with this thing that tied them together. With the red string that dangled between them, bright and pulsing in moments like this. Moments that would pull them a step closer to that soulmate idea. He gulped, eyes never leaving Samir's and entire body flush with heat. "Y-yeah," he stuttered, all his bravado and excitement melting away, "I feel like I can do anything when I'm with you. Conquer the world if I wanted..." He blinked, eyelashes fluttered, but made no move to move them closer, even if he kinda wanted to. Even if recently, he began to understand why the adults had always made such a big deal out of their tie. Just in this moment, he couldn't move, frozen on that precipice between childhood and something more.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-20-2018, 08:13 PM

"I think we can," Samir breathed back. That was what all the stories Emery loved said so, although he never took as much credit in them. He just felt that way now and Emery tended to be right too. So why hold back? Too lost in the moment to question himself, Samir continued leaning forward until their lips nearly touched, breaths ghosting together and making him shiver. At the last second though, Samir turned his head, kissing Emery on the cheek instead. His dark skin flushed, but he kept hold of Emery's hand, squeezing tight. "Ah, is this what it means to be soulmates? I'm not sure what I'm really doing..."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-21-2018, 04:00 AM

"I think maybe," Emery responded, flushing red as Samir's lips brush soft against his cheek, "But just maybe..." he continued and then turned his head slightly, using the fact that Samir was still close to actually push their lips together. He pulled back almost immediately as if shocked, a wall of emotions rolling over him as their lips touched. Things he wasn't necessarily ready to deal with and that left him breathless and his entire body warm and buzzing. "I think I understand those stories now," he whispered, dazed, as he stared at Samir. Mind playing a whirlwind of all the first kisses he'd read about in books and seen in movies and understanding, maybe, just maybe how significant this was.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-22-2018, 03:53 PM

Samir reeled from the kiss, growing even more flushed and hyper-aware of the wet cling of his clothes and this minute distance between them. Sucking in a breath, he found it stuttering on its way out. "Yeah? I don't understand it. But..." he paused, squeezing Emery's hand. "It's good, right? I want to grow up forever with you and learn all of what it means to be soulmates. We'll always be together, Em." It wasn't even a question although he waited for affirmation. He knew somewhere in his heart like he knew the red string that connected them, that they would always be together.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-30-2018, 04:06 AM

Emery stopped breathing for several seconds, emotions still washing through him and over him. And the fact that he'd actually had the nerve to kiss Samir. It felt almost too adult, but also completely right. The string around his fingers always tugging him forward and towards the other boy; also, pushing him into action to affirm the bond between them. Samir's words didn't register at first, still so dazed by what he'd done.

Once they did, he was quick to respond, "Of course, Samir!" Because that's what this all meant. The emotions zinging through him, the flutterings from every point of contact, the bright and glowing red string tangled between them. It meant they'd always be together; they'd always have each other. There was no need to question that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-31-2018, 07:10 PM

A soft, full smile crossed Samir's face. He couldn't help it. Just hearing Emery's words, he felt his lips begin to move and his eyes soften with fondness. Only Emery could do that to him when everyone else made him feel off-kilter or awkward. Around Emery though, he felt how perfect it could be to touch. "Thanks for saying that. I must be silly wanting to hear things I already know out loud." He let out a small laugh as he finally stepped away from Emery to shake a hand through his half damp hair.

"Ah but, want to come back to my house so we can change. My cousin, Rani, is staying the week and I'm so excited. You remember her, right? She taught us how to play cat's cradle last year!" With a bright grin, Samir grabbed Emery's hand, starting toward the direction of his home.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-05-2018, 01:42 AM

Emery stepped back from Samir, though he kept their fingers entwined together, not wanting to break that connection yet. "Yeah let's go!" He said, already taking the lead back to the front of the park and eventually towards Samir's house. "She's so cool. I want to be just like her someday, you know. Get out of this town, go see the world. We can do it together." Emery rambled, and as he moved forward and focused less on the string and their bond, the tingles subsided and the string faded from his few. It was normal, the string ever really only glowed in those big moments, and Emery had never been very sensitive to the warmth the bond brought. He knew it was there, but more important was the smiles Samir put on his face. And the adventures they had together. Not the tingling warmth of their skin's contact.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Samir watched the string's glow out of the corner of his eye before he focused on Emery again, his entire face shining. "Me too! I think cousin Rani is amazing. She could get into a college anywhere and then poof, she's gone. Ah, but I missed her a lot over last summer vacation so I'm glad she's back," he added, his grin faltering just a bit. He still remembered strongly when his older cousin decided to leave the small town. It seemed like everyone stayed here and their families were close, most of the other residents being white, rather than Indian like him. It did make Samir feel strange at times, no matter how the entire town seemed to love him and Emery. "I love home, but I want to leave at some point or what's the point in learning? Oh, look. Rani and mum came outside to greet us." Pointing down the road, he indicated the two figures standing together outside, holding glasses of iced tea.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-11-2018, 11:05 PM

"Yeah, I want to see the world!" Emery said, that spark of adventure shining in his eyes. He so badly wanted to get out of this town and see the varying journeys and opportunities the world could offer. "And we'll do it together!" Emery declared, certain that there was no way Samir wouldn't follow him across the world. It's just how they were. Emery went somewhere, and Samir was always there with him. "It'll be fun. But come on let's go talk to Rani. I want to here what she did this year!"

With that he took of running towards the house, and the two women waiting for them. He stopped in front of them breathing hard and grinning, dripping slightly from the water ballon fight. "Hi!" he exclaimed, "Samir and I won the water ballon fight today. Madison is gonna probably get us back next time. But it was so fun!" he stopped to breath and then turned to the young woman, "Hi Rani!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-14-2018, 04:21 PM

Samir simply nodded his head to Emery's statement, believing exactly the same thing. He'd probably follow the other boy someone he didn't to go too if he just asked. Being soulmates was as simple as that. Trailing slightly behind Emery, he ran up to his house and came to a stop in front of the two woman, grinning. "Welcome back home, Rani. Did you have lots of fun in college? What's the city like?" he asked, the words nearly tumbling out of his mouth.

His mother chuckled as she patted Samir and Emery on the back, then pushed them toward the door. "Go on inside and change, you two, or you'll be dripping wet all afternoon. Rani needs some extra hands at the store so you can ask her all the questions on the way there. She'll still be here when you get back, so go!" she added with an extra push, knowing just how her two 'sons' could get when something interesting was in front of them.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-18-2018, 11:12 PM

"Yes, Mom," Emery pouted, having long gotten used to calling Samir's mother mom as well; they'd both started it when they were younger children and it had stuck. After all, both boys had two families. He headed towards the house, slightly reluctantly, still wanting to stay and talk but knew he wouldn't get anywhere with Samir's mother glowering at them.

He shook his hair out one more time, before walking in the front door, pulling off his shoes and socks by the front door leaving them there as he headed upstairs to Samir's room. He knew Samir was behind him, and he headed straight to the closest; the two boys were still relatively the same size, so they often shared clothes in moments like this. And there was a few items in Emery's closet he didn't know if they were Samir's first or his.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-19-2018, 04:10 PM

Although Samir pouted as well, he followed Emery more easily, knowing that he'd regret it himself if he stood in wet clothes for too long. "Do you have any change on you?" Samir asked as he pushed the bedroom door behind them and took off his shirt, hanging it neatly over the back of a chair. "I want to buy ice cream if we're going to the store and I doubt Rani will get it just because we ask." Poking his head into the closet, he picked out a pale blue shirt with black and white patterning at the bottom. After throwing it on, he decided his jeans were fine and he just needed a change of socks to be happy. "I think that gray shirt with the rainbow pattern is yours, Em."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-20-2018, 01:39 AM

Emery looked at the shirt Samir mentioned and shook his head, "Yeah I guess it is. Wonder how long it's been here," he asked. He hadn't seen the shirt in a while, but he pulled it on nonetheless. His wet shirt ended up in a heap on the floor, never quite as neat as Samir. He dug around in his cargo shorts pocket, but looking for the change and deciding if he wanted to change them or wait for them to dry. He grinned in triumph when he felt the crinkle of a dollar bill between his finger, "Better than change, I've got some leftover allowance," he brandished the five as he pulled it out of his pocket, before stuffing it back in for safe keeping, deciding the shorts were fine, "Come on then, let's go."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-20-2018, 10:51 PM

Samir rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help but grin when Emery showed off the dollar bill. That would get them whatever flavor ice cream they wanted for sure. "You're lucky. I already used my allowance for this month. Ah-" He flushed slightly, adjusting his glasses on his nose, feigning interest in the dried on droplets there. "But never mind on what! Let's go or Rani will leave without us!" Grabbing Emery's wet shirt, he tossed it over the front of the chair so at least part of it could dry before he snatched up his sandals and hurried out of the bedroom. As expected, Rani waited for them just outside the door still, though Samir's mother had returned inside, no doubt occupying herself in the kitchen.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-10-2018, 01:52 AM

Emery smiled and chased after Samir, enjoying the ease of summer days and plenty of time spent playing with Samir. It was better than when they had to go to school every day, even if the teachers still continued to put them together, just as they wanted. It was better when the time was there's to freely play in. It was this excitement that burst through him as they walked to the store with Rani. The two boys chattering non-stop almost on top of each other telling them about the school year and asking her question after question while barely giving her the chance to answer.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-10-2018, 04:19 PM

In moments like this, it felt so obvious that they were soulmates. Samir felt it in the bright tone of Emery's tone of voice which was energetic when he talked to Rani, but somehow brighter still when his eyes met Samir's. And really, Samir could 't blame him. He knew he did the same thing and that was why he used his allowance entirely for the other boy. As they finished the shopping and left, Rani trailed behind the two boys who'd gotten quite ahead because of Emery's pace. Samir leaned closer, flushing slightly as he murmured against Emery's ear. "I'm going to come over after dinner okay? I have something to show you, but I didn't want to tell everyone. Just you." He turned back to the sidewalk in front of them, lightly swinging the grocery bag he held just so he wouldn't have to meet Emery's eye.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-19-2018, 01:59 AM

Emery stared at Samir at that, curiosity bubbling up in him bright and consuming. He wanted to pester Samir about it, try and pry into what the other boy was talking about. But Samir looked so shy that he just smiled and nodded. He could be patient for the time being, "Okay, I can't wait!" he exclaimed and as he spoke, he walked a little quicker, like somehow he could make after dinner come quicker, just by arriving back at the house sooner. Trying to rush time in a way that wouldn't push Samir into feeling shyer.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2018, 11:37 PM

Samir felt glad that Emery didn't pester him about the secret. It was embarrassing enough to have uttered anything allowed at all. And yet, he couldn't help the warm glow that settled in his stomach as they put the groceries away and parted ways so they could do their chores. The day passed quickly and soon Samir was ushered Emery to meet him outside after dinner, pointing to a swing set out back so they could sit and talk at the same time. He had something wrapped up in a grocery bag though, which he held shyly behind his back. "Ah, come on. Let's swing for a bit. I'm sorry you had to wait so long, but actually, I bought you...us, something," he admitted as he sat down, swinging his legs back and forth lightly.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-22-2018, 04:58 AM

Emery had waited patiently all through out the afternoon and evening, aware how nervous Samir had been. Knowing in moments like this, it was better to let Samir do this how he wanted than to push and shove. It was something he'd learned over time and wasn't always good at, but the day had been so amazing; he wanted to keep that going. So he waited.

But now with the item hidden so poorly behind Samir's back. Emery was bouncing with excitement, flitting around Samir as he mad grabs at the item, thought not really trying to get it. Instead just waiting, "What? what, what is it?" he asked, "I want to see!"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-23-2018, 06:36 PM

Samir laughed, though his nerves showed in the high, flighty sound. "It's just, when I saw it, I couldn't help but think of you. Mum encouraged me too, so I guess it's alright to give you something even if there's no occasion..." Flashing another smile, he finally pulled the object out from behind his back, handing it to Emery. The small box held a necklace with a large roundish charm placed on a black cord. The front side had been painted like a peach, bearing the quote, "Do I dare to eat a peach." The backside resembled a galaxy of stars with the quote, "Do I dare disturb the universe."

Ducking his head, Samir flushed to the tips of his ears. "Ah...it's nothing much really, but my mum said it was a famous quote. And well...I like it. I thought you might as well." He trailed off again, trying not to look hopeful or too expectant for Emery's praise.