Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 PM

Heyyy guys. :D I think writing a bit every day is a great idea, too. I have this book of writing prompts that is really good... I never really used it that much, since I wanted to stick with working on my original stories. But I think that letting loose with that and just writing for the heck of it would be good.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 PM

The other day, I found the Drabbles and RoundRobins part of the Lit forum and I thought it was cool! I haven't tried the drabble yet but the roundrobin was fun :)

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 PM

Oh, I'll have to check those out too. I've never tried a drabble, might be interesting.

I just posted a short story, the one I wrote for the writing group last night, on Wattpad.com. Check it out and comment if you wish? :D

Clem

Have you guys been writing anything lately?

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 PM

That's good! I almost heard the music as you described the feelings it was invoking. You do converstions well, not choppy like I have seen other writers do in short stories.

Not much I'm working on at the moment. I have a fanfiction going on between my character and Flash and a few rps. Other than that, something pops in my head and I write it down :P

Are you going to go farther with that story, or is it going to stop there?

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
something pops in my head and I write it down
That's how it is with me too. :P

Thank you! I'm probably not going to go further with this story, at least for now. It was more to have a current writing piece for the writing group. C:

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-28-2012, 10:11 PM

I did get interested in the site you used. Have you used it long to post stories? I've been wanting to post my stories somewhere for people to enjoy/critique but I'm too afraid someone will steal them....

Trelweny
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Trelweny Send a message via Yahoo to Trelweny

Old 09-29-2012, 04:40 AM

I am so over-protective of my original stories.

I'm personally not fond of writing or sometimes even reading drabbles or prompt-based stories. Reminds me too much of High School and having to fit into someone else's expectations or requirements. They're good for practice I suppose... therefore they have their use and place... I just don't care for them. Occasionally one will surprise me, which is cool.

I write what I can, when I can. It's most frustrating for me when I have a roleplay character (I have tons of breedables pets on Gaia for whom this is true) wanting time but either they're not in a roleplay or the one(s) they're in is stagnant. Part of that I think is what tailspined me into my last huge writer's block. Not the only factor by a long shot, but a prominent variable for sure.

Conversations I think are hard for many writers to do believably. I know they're my greatest weakness in writing. Probably because I fail with communication on a whole. :laughs: It's a family failing.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-29-2012, 01:06 PM

It's my birthday today! :D So what do I do? Why, I revive a fanfic I started four years ago and resume writing it... did I mention it happens to be a tragedy? XD Yeah, that's how I roll. :P

How's everyone today?

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Happy Birthday Goblin!!!!!!! I love revisiting my old writing! It sparks my imagination and I get to see how far I have gone in my writing style ^_^ Are you enjoying yourself today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelweny View Post
I am so over-protective of my original stories.

I'm personally not fond of writing or sometimes even reading drabbles or prompt-based stories. Reminds me too much of High School and having to fit into someone else's expectations or requirements. They're good for practice I suppose... therefore they have their use and place... I just don't care for them. Occasionally one will surprise me, which is cool.

I write what I can, when I can. It's most frustrating for me when I have a roleplay character (I have tons of breedables pets on Gaia for whom this is true) wanting time but either they're not in a roleplay or the one(s) they're in is stagnant. Part of that I think is what tailspined me into my last huge writer's block. Not the only factor by a long shot, but a prominent variable for sure.

Conversations I think are hard for many writers to do believably. I know they're my greatest weakness in writing. Probably because I fail with communication on a whole. :laughs: It's a family failing.
Thankfully, I didn't have that in HS or I would have flunked :P I only like them as a writing exercise unless a really, really good one comes along that sparks my imagination!

And I'm with you on conversations.....I suck. A conversation that should only take a minute can take almost 5 to read! Although I'm reading some books by an author I really like and I'm trying to learn from him how to write them so no one goes to sleep during my story :P

Trelweny
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Trelweny Send a message via Yahoo to Trelweny

Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 AM

I often wonder when reading or watching a conversation if there are people who can really converse in the way that's depicted. In those cases I know I've not done so.

We often joke in my family after a really noticeable foul-up in attempted communication that a sitcom writer would either lose their audience or get the biggest laugh ever if they ever transposed one of our conversations. I personally wouldn't want to experience it in another media! I read stories and watch movies to escape what's going on!

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 AM

Sounds like my family lol

I do that too! Read or watch movies to escape! My mom watches Star Trek to stop thinking but I can't do that! I even think in my sleep :P I'll have dream and during the dream actually think the words, "This would make a great story!" Of course when I wake up, it makes no sense lol