Joshimitsu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-22-2007, 05:47 PM

Know any good artists on any other avatar sites around? Invite them here, we need more art shops! :lol:

kairek
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to kairek

Old 01-22-2007, 05:53 PM

xDDDDyou think so XD? *likes have semi-monotol on site*

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 01-25-2007, 06:35 AM

I do art. But I do not have much of a drive to open up any art shops.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-25-2007, 09:50 AM

If you establish the site better, as in decorate the front page & spiff up things so it looks like it's ready for users, then more people will come. That's a given.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-26-2007, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaHeartilly
I do art. But I do not have much of a drive to open up any art shops.
Same here...
At least for now, I might open one later.
Probably as soon as there's going to be desirable donation or other hard-to-get items...

Zy
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-29-2007, 09:02 PM

I'm probably going to start an art shop, but my computer's being extremely weird right now, and hasn't been letting em upload any pictures or images to any sites for a good month or so now.. Any help? 8D

dragonpaladin
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to dragonpaladin Send a message via MSN to dragonpaladin Send a message via Yahoo to dragonpaladin

Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM

Okay ill open an art shop :D

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 02-04-2007, 09:29 AM

Yay, I am an artist, but unfortunately I am so dead to the digital world it isn't funny. I do have quite a portfolio, and have done comics for years, among other things on old fashioned blue line paper with brush!

Please excuse my not being helpful, but wanted to check in.

Anamei
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Anamei

Old 02-10-2007, 08:43 PM

A shop it is! >8D Just promise to come visit. And hopefully buy something. xD

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-10-2007, 11:06 PM

To answer the question, I am an artist. Just not the type you're thinking about. 8)

Purgatori
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 02-11-2007, 01:53 AM

I might open a doll shop, but I'm still waiting to hear back if I have permission to use the base or not. >__>;

ChibiTotoro222
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-11-2007, 04:49 AM

I think I'll eventually open an art shop, but I think I need to get a better understanding of Menewsha's economy first. n__n <3

tanarif984
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned
n/a

Old 02-12-2007, 06:16 PM

I know a good freind who does nice art.

But i asked them if they would join sites like these but he said no.

But he did say that i could take commisions for him and he'll do the art and i get to keep the art.
I dont know if thats allowed though, if anyone could tell me?
He so good and kind though>

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-17-2007, 10:44 PM

i could try to open a shop =/

Tittri
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 AM

In order to attract more artists to open shop, time is the only thing you need XD Because no one really has to afford alot of art, there's really no motivation for artists to open shops. At this point, it takes about the same time, if not less time, to make the gold by just posting, rather than opening art shops XD IN time this will change and artists will scramble to do commissions :D

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tittri
In order to attract more artists to open shop, time is the only thing you need XD Because no one really has to afford alot of art, there's really no motivation for artists to open shops. At this point, it takes about the same time, if not less time, to make the gold by just posting, rather than opening art shops XD IN time this will change and artists will scramble to do commissions :D

i agree with tittri xDD i think we need other ways to earn gold other than posting =3 but that may just be me. that way people can aford art

luciole
*^_^*

Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 PM

It's be great to start an art shop here ^^ I'm so sick of items from gaia =_= The items here are tres hawaii <33

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-15-2007, 12:36 PM

The more unique and pretty the avatar items are from here, and the more friendly and appreciative people are of art, the more likely you'll keep artist's interests..

I like the hairpin..and I'm a friggin guy, for cryin' outloud. /sweatdrop

But unique items...something different as in really badass, cute, or elegant...those types of things attract me lots. o.o

Hairstyles that are interesting, weaponry, clothes, pets, anything that's not just your usual t-shirt n jeans.

You know what'd be fun? A tattoo parlor.

Vilhelmina
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM

Mm, yes, I'm an artist too, but I haven't opened a shop. xD I might later if I feel like it, but hey. Just because artists ARE here doesn't mean we're actually going to draw. o-o

Maybe we're lazy. <w<

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-15-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilhelmina
Mm, yes, I'm an artist too, but I haven't opened a shop. xD I might later if I feel like it, but hey. Just because artists ARE here doesn't mean we're actually going to draw. o-o

Maybe we're lazy. <w<
*lol* lies! XD It's impossible not to draw soomething...and admit it, if you get attached to the people here, and you wuv dem muchly, and they're on questies for items you think are cute and would be nice for their avatars, you'd help them. And probably after that, after a long time...you'd go, "zomg, that is kinda a cool item.."...and you'd go do an auction or shop of your own and then get the same item too. XD If the item were uber-awesome...

Or at least, that's how I kinda feel. ^_^'''

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-15-2007, 03:00 PM

I'll probaly open a Chibi avatar Art shop in some times. I'll wait a bit though. I just arrived and I already have some custumers around Gaia.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-15-2007, 05:55 PM

Yay! :) More cute shops!

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-24-2007, 04:48 PM

i think more artists would stay even if the economy weren't so great yet if the site just LOOKED better.

i wish this site had better art/graphics X:
i mean, the clothes and the avatars are great
just everything else layout-wise
not so much.

bluessence
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2007, 05:03 PM

I think the turnout so far for artists here has been great compared to how long the site has been running. *nod* (just realized this was a fairly old post though.. hehe)

But I agree mags and lili, artists need pretty things to surround themselves in, I'm imagining how pretty this site could be with awesome art/graphics.

I will probably be sticking to auctions for awhile.. while I wait for more people to get better dressed avatars.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2007, 07:40 PM

I'll stay as long as two things happen: 1) We keep getting spiffy outfits that aren't as god-durn cliche as Gaia's boring ugly clothes... 2) Luciole & Tirael stay. =^.^= <3

Nah but in all seriousness...friends is a biggie..and uniqueness of clothes not in the sense that there's only a few or whatnot..but that they look gorgeous, and are something you'd want to put your OC in...as long as clothes are unique and fun and possible to get, I'll stay. :)

I really would love more hairstyles, hair choices like highlighting and tinting current hair, etc. though.