View Poll Results: Would you ever commission me?
Yes! ^__^ I <3 your art! 8 72.73%
No...not really...sorry. 0 0%
Maybe...*^.^ 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Table of Contents
  • Introduction
  • Rules
  • What I want
  • Contest Rules and Requirements
  • Prizes
  • Entry Form/Sample
  • Entries

Introduction

Hello all! I'm vaettermaiden and I'm an artist ^.^ (look in sig for links to my stuff).
Lately, I've been in an art slump and to be honest, with working on school work and such, my creativity has run a bit dry.
So, as a browsed through the contests looking for something to draw and everyone's awesome OCs...I though to myself, I want to make a contest too! But I don't have much gold or items to give as prizes. T__T
So here's what I've come up with. ^__^

Rules
  • Please Follow all of Menewsha's Forum Rules and ToS.
  • This an entirely subjective contest and since it is mine, it pertains to what I like. So please be warned, and don't be sore if I don't pick your design. What I like now might differ what I like in a few months.
  • Please have fun!
  • No cursing or swearing. Please be nice. =)
  • I have the right to remove/add rules. It won't happen, but you never know.

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 12-06-2009 at 09:49 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2009, 06:07 PM

What I Want
Alrighty, since this is an art contest that is suppose to free me of artist block, this is what the contest entails.
I would like you to take my avatar and design me a new one using items on Menewsha! ^_^ All you need to do is go to the avatar making section, select all of my avatar's options, put clothes on her that are in your inventory, save the pic and upload/post it here! =) That's it! Since I'm new to Menewsha, all the options I have for clothings and such are from the Halloween event and anything in the stores and even then I haven't been able to afford much. So, to help build my quest list, etc. I figured I would make this contest.

Contest Rules and Requirements
  1. Be creative! =) Think of outrageous or gorgeous or cute or silly styles that goes with my avatar's look and feel. Remember she is a Valkyrie, but you don't have to go too Norse or anything. Think celestial, gothic lolita, Valkyrie, steampunk, Victorian, cutie....I think you get the picture. =)
  2. You can do whatever you'd think I'd like (hint: I listed ideas above). Please post the image with outfit on and list the items (preferably with a picture for the item) in the place provided.
  3. I tend to have artist blocks often so hopefully I can make this a continuing contest.
  4. Please don't change any of the avatar settings described below! That's the whole point of this contest, you know. =o
  5. If you don't have many girls' clothes in your inventory, don't worry! ^__^ You can also use the avatar from my mule account, notatwilightfan! o.o His specs are below too.
  6. Only two entries per person, per contest. That way if you'd like to do a boy and girl you can.
  7. Prizes are listed below under prizes! ^__^ Prizes may change from contest to contest.

Vaettermaiden AKA Maiden

Skin = Female Body Base 1
Eyes = Eye 6 Blue
Mouth = Medium Female Mouth
Eyebrow = Regular Eyebrow
Ears = Lunar Elf
Hair = Hair Style 12
Hair Color = Purple 2

notatwilightfan AKA Salai

Skin = Male Base 1
Eyes = Eye 1 Blue 4
Mouth = Smiling Lips
Eyebrow = Regular Eyebrow
Ears = Lunar Elf
Hair = Hair Style 15
Hair Color = Yellow (Blonde) 3

Prizes
Since I don't have much money here on Menewsha, not enough to really create prizes for anyway, I'm instead going to gift art. Since this is all about designing the right outfit and so forth, the art prizes are going to be specifically from Moon's Imports from my Celestial Bazaar .

At Moon's you get a picture of your avatar in any outfit you'd like, whether it's a steam punk style or Japanese kimonos. That's the prize I have for you! =)

Each category that you can enter is below with a description and prize.

Main Categories

Best Maiden Avatar Outfit
This is the best outfit for my avatar I saw in the entries and I loved it! =)

Winner : Prize From Moon's Imports, you get 1 full-body, fully colored avatar art with whatever costume or outfit you'd like. Choice of either in a chibi style or not.
Runner-up : Prize from Moon's Imports, you get 1 Waist-Up, fully colored avatar art with whatever costume or outfit you'd like. Choice of in a chibi style or not.

Best Salai Avatar Outfit
This is the best outfit for my mule I saw in the entries and I loved it! =)

Winner : Prize From Moon's Imports, you get 1 full-body, fully colored avatar art with whatever costume or outfit you'd like. Choice of either in a chibi style or not.
Runner-up : Prize from Moon's Imports, you get 1 Waist-Up, fully colored avatar art with whatever costume or outfit you'd like. Choice of in a chibi style or not.

Side Categories

Most Outrageous Outfit
Most bizarre outfit I've ever seen on an avatar. O.o

Winner: Prize from Moon's Imports, you get 1 Waist-up, fully colored avatar art in the available categories on Moon's Imports' list.

Most Cute Outfit
Most adorable outfit I've ever seen on an avatar. O.o

Winner: Prize from Moon's Imports, you get 1 Waist-up, fully colored avatar art in the available categories on Moon's Imports' list.

Lucky Draw
Everyone that enters gets put into a drawing for 1 of several prizes!

Prize #1: Portrait (shoulder's up), sketch of your Original Character

Prize #2: Waist up, sketch of your Original Character

Prize #3: Free pet of your choice from Menshuu Grove

Prize #4: Mystery Prize~! ^__^

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 12-03-2009 at 04:21 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2009, 06:08 PM

Submission Form

PHP Code:
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]Hey MaidenWhat about thiseh?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[
B]Username:[/B]
[
B]Avatar I did:[/B]
[
b]About my Design:[/b]
[
B]Image Entry:[/B]
[
B]Items used:[/B
Entry Sample
Quote:
Hey Maiden! What about this, eh?
Username: lalalalalalily
About my Design:
Image Entry:

Items used:Night gown (f), Moonlit Roman Sandals (a), Silver Luna Hairpin (a), Olympic Water Sash (a), Blueberry Gumball Bracelet (a), Green Present (for background), Halloween Lanterns, Candy and Flowers

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 12-03-2009 at 04:14 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Entries Thus Far

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 12-03-2009 at 04:16 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

CURRENT CONTEST ENDS JAN 9, 2010 @ 11:59PM EST

Now Open! YAY!

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 12-03-2009 at 04:19 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-06-2009, 09:47 AM

Fiddles....it seems like no one is interested...T__T Should I actually post the prize samples maybe instead of linking? O.o

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-06-2009, 05:12 PM

I'm a little interested~ o 3o But I don't know if I'm any good at making good avatars. XD

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM

I will be entering of course my dear! I will have to make something nice for you!

Username:Ivvy
About my Design:I went with a slightly punk inspired celestial theme for mine.. blue and golds.
Image Entry:
Items used: I listed images, names and prices for all items used in my picture of the completed avatar. I used the MAC to make it so your eyes are the wrong color and you don't have your elf ears, though I know the head pieces look good on elf ears since I own some of them. :) I hope that is okay with you.

Last edited by Ivvy; 12-07-2009 at 02:02 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 AM

your avatar looks good though Kent! it's just designing it. You can send two designs too. Just have fun with it! ^__^

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2009, 01:43 PM

@ IVVY: Ooo! That's nifty! It's okay if you use MAC or not =) I just suggested doing it through the avatar creator thing because I though it might be easier? =) I like the combination of the blues and golds.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Thank you. :) even if I don't win feel free to use the avi if you like. :)

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2009, 06:39 PM

Thanks! I think I will =D

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 12-07-2009, 08:25 PM

I used the MAC to create these, so unfortunately they aren't 100%--the eye shapes are =very= limited, ears cannot be changed, and Salai's hairstyle is not even an option. I tried to get things as close as I could, though.

Username: JeRegretRiens
About my Design: This is a cyberpunk Valkyrie Maiden, ready to go kick some butt and look cute doing it. ^_^
Image Entry:

Items used: In Image

Username: JeRegretRiens
About my Design: For some reason, Salai just turned out to be a fantasy hero warrior who is manly enough to work the pink highlights to his outfit.
Image Entry:

Items used: In Image

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 AM

@vaettermaiden - lol But this is probably either the first or second outfit I've made that actually looks good to other people! XD

But I'll try anyway~ o wo I've already started playing with my mule for an outfit for Maiden~

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 AM

@ JeReget: Aww Salai turned out cute! ^__^ and I like the kicking buttness of Maiden. XD

@ Kent: Don't worry you have plenty of time! ^__^ And I'm sure it'll turn out awesome! XD

I might have to up the number of submissions since now that I think about it, two isn't enough. I love dressing up avatars. XD And I know how much fun and addicting it can be.

Last edited by vaettermaiden; 12-08-2009 at 12:56 AM..

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 AM

This doesn't count, I've already made my two entries, but I made you another one just for the laugh of making a wacky one.

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-08-2009, 02:45 AM

@JeRegret: Aww! I might have to because I love the wackiness! XD It's like a mardi gras, party crazy Maiden. Lol! XD

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 AM

Well, it was certainly fun putting together something so colourful. ^^;

I seem to have done one again... I do this for fun~

Last edited by Sensible Cricket; 12-09-2009 at 01:07 AM..

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-09-2009, 12:57 PM

@ jeregret: I love the wee hat! lol I've actually sewn a few IRL to try and sell, but I haven't put them up yet. I'm not the best seamstress so, lol. You can see tons of mistakes. T___T

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 12-09-2009, 01:19 PM

Hats are the most difficult things to make...*snugs* So good on you for even trying. ^^;

vaettermaiden
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-10-2009, 01:12 PM

lol I know but I had a pattern and really wanted to do it. It didn't seem to hard at least. T____T
I need to take sewing classes or something.

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 PM

I used to make things for a certain kind of doll and try to sell them....hats were something I'd never try. xD

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 PM

So many pretty edits Jere!

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 PM

Aww, thank you Ivvy! :) Dare you to make another one~

Last edited by Sensible Cricket; 12-10-2009 at 10:52 PM..

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 PM

lol I probably will. After they paint tomorow. :)