Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-30-2017, 01:11 AM

(my tablet deleted my entire post i'm so sad...)

"Two years already? Wow, I can't believe its been that long, but as they say time flies fast when you're having fun." He grinned and looked up from his phone and had the grin wiped off his face as he saw her position on the bar. A blush crept into his cheeks and he quickly and angrily looked back down at his phone. This was all a lie and a ruise and her black mailing him into this. There was no way that he was actually getting feelings for her. It was the atmosphere of just getting married. . . Or the kiss. He swallowed hard and continued messing with face book posts giving them a nice long history of sappy dating. Conveniently sliding in events together that would give him alibis for heists that he himself had pulled off if anyone ever looked in his direction for them. Not to many of them, that would be to suspicious.

He didn't know her schedule perfectly but he had a pretty good idea and didn't think he had overlapped any of with things she would have been known to be elsewhere. "hmmm? Oh yeah, our friends are having a great time out there. They're all super happy for us and surprised that we decided we're going to tie the knot today. It was super unexpected, but than I guess they hadn't looked at our blossoming relationship close enough. Here take a look at what they're saying." He strolled over to the bar being careful not to look at her and showed her his number as well as a nice street camera shot of the cops outside being confused as could be about what they were seeing on the facebook. It would take them awhile to scroll through posts but they would see posts on both of their pages going back a couple years now.

He already had her number of course. Bad computer hacker habit of knowing peoples numbers, but he was surprised she didn't already have his. Once she had the number and announced that the bar was opening he cleared his throat and straightened up. "Actually I was thinking I would use this time to collect together some of our pictures and see if I could piece together a masterpiece of a photo album to showcase the ... electricity of our relationship. Everyone at the wedding will enjoy seeing how much in love we are." Going to be a weird wedding, he added to himself, thinking about the assorted friends they actually had. Criminals everywhere, and if he was correct, one of them had framed her, and now he was included in it. Who should they invite?

He grinned slowly and grabbed his umbrella off the bar where he'd left it earlier. "Oh i don't know. I think my foxy lady keeps just as busy as she wants to." He backed to the door keeping an eye on her with the grin still on his face. "I'll catch you later." And with that he ducked out before she could throw anything at him. He felt like she might, and he was about to have a lot of work to do splicing together pictures to get them to look like a madly in love couple.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-20-2017, 02:39 PM

Hino chuckled at Elliot's words as she saved his number. Of course she didn't have it already since she didn't care. Even if Bobby may have given it to her before, she was sure she just scoffed and ignored his every word. Hadn't she always done that with half of what anyone had to say? It was a pride thing and she had more pride than an entire nationalist party. Shaking her head, she hopped off the bar to grab a clean rag and wipe it off before spinning toward the door.

"Ah, good good. I think that's a marvelous way to spend your time. Hey, and maybe after work, do you want to meet up?" She sidled close enough for her breasts to briefly press against Elliot's arm as she whispered into his ear. "We should start trying to find our who really stole those black pearls. Because once our name is cleared, we can stop this." She rolled her eyes, scoffing slightly to indicate her real feelings about this fake relationship they'd been building. She didn't intend to ever let Elliot forget how much she disliked it. Even if they needed to keep the lie for years--and heaven forbid that they might--she would keep reminding him.

Letting her hand slip down his arm to briefly tangle their fingers, she tilted their bodies to give the cops a good view again. Raising her voice, she continued their lie. "So I'll see ya later, babe?" she almost purred just because she knew it would get under his skin. "Have fun with the pictures. I'll text when I close for the night, kay? Love ya Elliot," she added as she pulled him closer by the hand so she could plant a kiss on his lips. She had the perfect act so she didn't even mind this. Manipulating people was fun no matter how she did it. And besides, did she have a real choice but to make this look real?

After a second, she pulled back, just looking at Elliot. "Don't you mess this up either."

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-01-2017, 04:11 PM

He cursed silently as she stopped him before he slipped out the door but turned a smiling face on her to keep up their show. He tried not to flinch away from her touch or let his eyes darken at her words. "That sounds like a fantastic plan."He mused out loud, "I'll get as far as I can in the wedding plans to take care of the current needs, and if I have time to spare perhaps I'll get started on those plans. Depending on how busy you get here tonight of course." He shivered as he returned the kiss and the sentiment, breathing out a breath stolen "I love you too." With a shake he nodded and returned his lazy grin to his face. "Of course I won't babe. I'm an expert in my field. I'll see you later."

With a smile he finally strode out the door and headed back down the sidewalk towards his apartment, not even glancing over at the police still stationed across the street on their worthless stake out. He whistled as he spun his umbrella around on its string, planning out the evening and getting exciting about returning to his real baby. That beautiful headquarters of a computer that did anything he asked it to. Meer minutes later he stuck his key in the door to his flat and paused. Why did she have a ring ready for this if it was a ruse? And where the heck am i going to get my own ring to go with it. He cursed lightly and entered his place, locking the door behind him and heading straight up to his headquarters.

A few quick keystrokes later and he had the computer unlocked and feeding him information at rapid speeds in a comfortably large screen to watch them from instead of his tiny phone screen. Nothing of note came up to indicate that the Fox had been framed, but he put feelers out in his web to track any information that came up on the missing black pearls. With nothing interesting happening he set to work photoshopping and falsifying pictures for their lovers photo album.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2017, 06:33 PM

As Eliot left, Hino let out a single sigh of relief. She enjoyed the game they played even if it had been forced, but the act tired her out. If they didn't find the real culprit fast, she might not last. Even the simple act of not telling Elliot how much she hated him cost too much energy. She wouldn't forget though; she'd never let his bruises to her pride go. Finally, she pulled out her pony tail, dragging hands through her hair in a quick attempt to get ready for the night, then tied it up again, the orange strands tight against her head and gleaming in the bar's low light. Flipping on the neon sign to signify that The Fox's Den was open, she stepped away, content to do the last few tasks before the waitresses started to arrive and their patrons. Hopefully, they would come bearing information.

Thirty minutes later, Hino stood behind her bar, serving drinks to the likes of which would never step foot in a regular bar. Or perhaps would not be let into such places run by clean folks with clean money. But this was a place for people like her. Always legal, but the perfect information network to those with information worth paying for. However, Hino wasn't having much luck. The one man with dark hair almost completely covering his eyes--she remembered his name to be Gin--only knew for certain that the police captain knew about the stolen goods as soon as fifteen minutes after the crime. He'd sent his goons here immediately with a secondary squad trying to track down Elliot, the only other thief who could have done it. Funny that neither had. She didn't show on her face that she didn't take the score though and only slipped the man a fifty with his drink for the good information.

All in all, the whole night accounted for nothing but a little fun. It left her mood sour with this mystery still out of reach. As the early morning hours finally struck, the last of the patrons slipped away, Bobby staying an extra second to wish her congratulations. For her score or the sudden engagement that was starting to splash its way across the internet. Elliot really did work fast. She didn't ask what he meant though when the lights were all off and the doors locked, she stood outside, enjoying the cool breeze on her exposed skin. Turning away from the bar, she pulled out her phone, calling the number that Elliot had given her.

"Hey. The night is over. We should meet up and talk," she said instantly, not waiting to hear a greeting, none of the froo-froo love talk in her voice now. She was way too over that.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-16-2017, 03:47 PM

Elliot chuckled to himself as he watched police feeds and listened to the scanners. They had no idea where he was, as they shouldn't since not even the fox knew where he lived. He was surprised they hadn't managed to track him back to his apartment though, he'd barely done anything to dodge them as he made his short trek home. His feet were propped on the desk as he popped cheetos into his mouth enjoying the crunch and puff. Though he seriously needed to start leaving a napkin at the very least next to his desk when he got the graving for the cheesy snack.

Hours later, and a bag of cheetos gone, he let out a yawn. The social media had been back tracked with tons of dating mushy terribleness to cover their ruse. The bar would still be open for awhile, and the photo album was printing. He checked his watch and let out another yawn. Wouldn't hurt to get a quick nap while he waited for the Fox to finish up with her job as the printer finished its job. He leaned back folding his arms behind his head and closed his eyes. Letting the information he'd gathered over the last few hours wash over him making it hard to doze off. He had been added to the suspect list for the theft and there wasn't even a hint as to who else had done it. It reeked of a dirty frame job. As sleep overtook him, his last thought was that perhaps it was an inside job, cops, or museum curators hoping to take the two of them off the streets for good.

It felt like he'd just shut his eyes when his phone rang and startled him out of his chair. From the floor he reached up to his desk and grabbed the phone off the desk and clicked accept seeing the caller ID. before he could get a word in edgewise the fox was already announcing her plans. He stood up as she spoke and rubbed his sore butt, glancing at his watch to check the time. "Yeah sure. Where do you want to meet up?" He pulled the papers out of the printer that had finished while he was sleeping and headed toward his counterfeit machine. If it could make fake passports, it could bind a wedding photo album. "What about the park, at the walkway under the bridge?" A suggestion that wouldn't let her say his place, he didn't want her to know where he lived yet.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-25-2017, 11:24 PM

Hino smiled instantly at his suggestion for a meet-up place. It was hidden, pleasant, and still so very private. Neither of them really wanted the other in their lives so she would never even hint that they make nice somewhere more personable. At least, not while they could get away with it. Who knew what this rouse might lead to, but she hoped to find the real criminal before it got too far. "Yeah, perfect," she hummed back, changing the direction of her walk. It would only take her fifteen minutes to traverse there by foot, walking leisurely as she planned too. Shifting her phone to a more comfortable position, she continued to talk.

"At what time should I expect you? It won't make me longer than fifteen and I hate to wait." A sly question. Not that she expected to get much information that way or even cared to. It was a fun game though. Her feet made a steady echo on the pavement, no doubt revealing to Elliot that she was walking to their destination. "Ah, just don't take too long okay!" she added with a huff. "Make me wait more than ten minutes and I'll hurt you." With that last comment, she ended the call, already quickening her pace toward the park. The sooner they started talking about this and finding an answer, the better. She gave her ring a quick glance, her red-brown eyes letting out a flash. This ring was never meant for this. And if she had her way, it never would.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-29-2017, 02:39 AM

"Good. Good. That's great, I'll meet you than." He replied inwardly swearing as he turned the counterfeit machine on so that the book could start binding as he ran to grab his jacket for the nights chill and his umbrella club for defense. He could hear her already walking which meant that she could already be well ahead of him, or just outside the bar. "I'll be there in fifteen than." He listened to her last comment and was about to respond when she clearly cut the call by the lack of the sound of her feet against the pavement.

One handed he began to transfer securities over to his phone as he shoved first one arm than the other into his jacket sleeves. Than grabbing a shoulder bag he ran back to the counterfeit machine and impatiently waited for the binding to finish sealing. Yanking it out and shoving it in his bag as soon as it and finished the quick cooling process. Than sprinted out the door locking his apartment behind him and rushing out the front door. He pushed through the gate and listened to it click behind him as he started speed walking down the street towards the park. Hopefully she had been right by the bar when she called, otherwise he'd be cutting it really close with the fact he'd had to wait for the book to finish.

A few minutes later he breathed heavily leaning against a tree at the entrance to the park with a slight stitch in his side. He's started jobbing slightly to make sure he didn't get there late. Catching his breath he started jogging again to get to the bridge as soon as possible. Just before he got to the walkway he slowed down to a walk and blinked. 'Why in the world am I worried about getting to this meeting at the exact time she wants me to be here?'

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2017, 11:56 PM

Hino reached the bridge first, though she didn't surprise herself with that. Although she planned to walk with utmost calm, she ended up quickening her pace after ending her call with Elliot. Was it the competitive nature in her, or the fact that she wanted him to worry and cringe. It seemed fun, so ten minutes later, she leaned against the wooden pillars that supported the bridge, gazing into a faint glimmer of water that ran beside the walkway. Shaded by the bridge from what lights existed in the park, she could barely see where the path ended and the stream began. But then, park hours didn't exist after dark so no one noticed the fallacy but her. She wished she smoked so she could have something to do.

Finally, she heard the scuffle of shoes approaching from the other side of the bridge. She tensed for a second, but recognized the breathing patterns, even as ragged as they were. One of her skills as a hands-on thief. She had to know people in the dark and it wasn't like they met only once before.

Not pulling away from her leaning position, Hino called out, a hint of a smirk in her voice. "You're late." Which, according to her phone, he was, but a single minute. Honestly, she found herself impressed and it did tell her that Elliot lived closed. He walked, or ran rather. So not as close as the bar, but in what direction? She smiled to herself as she puzzled over the information, but refrained from asking outright. It would come in time. She, knew how to be patient. Sometimes.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-03-2017, 09:56 PM

Elliot stuck his hands in his pocket to look more casual as he took a deep breath and than strolled into view of the bridge, wincing only slightly when he saw she had definitely beat him there. Though it couldn't have been by to much since they'd come from almost the same distance. He answered her call as lazily as he could, "Can't rush perfection you know." he gave her a cheesy grin as he joined her against the wooden braces. He pulled out the memory scrapbook he'd put together and handed it over to her for inspection and so she could brush up on the lies he'd fabricated for their cover story.

"So far there isn't even a hint as to what's going on but I'm going to keep digging. it could only have been another hacker. One doing something new, but I'm the best in the business so I'll figure out what it is and crack it. He hardly noticed her or the scenery as he pulled out his phone once again to go searching for what he could find as they met. He was starting to wonder if the opals had even been real. They'd turned up out of nowhere without even a whisper on the web, and gone missing in the same minute with his most lively competition and now fiance already headlined as the most likely subject. No, it all made no sense. It was obviously a frame job, and they were going to pull something else to try to frame her harder, and now he himself was being added to the watch list.

Only the people in his crowd knew that he should even be considered for that list. So who was tipping the cops off to ruin the thieves of the city. "When did you find out about them anyways?" He suddenly blurted out loud. Thinking about the opals. He needed to get a time stamp on this disaster.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-06-2017, 08:39 PM

Hino snorted at Elliot's response, not even bothering with a comeback. His words were too lame to even dignify one. Perfection? Maybe in his dreams. Grabbing hold of the scrap book, she flipped it open to scroll the pages with an irreverent air. Like Elliot, she wasn't interested in looking him in the eyes as they talked. "Hm, a hacker you say? Why does it always have to be a hacker type with you? If it was, there would be no reason to suspect me in the first place." She snorted again and rolled her eyes. The darkness offered by the bridge made it impossible to look through the fake book of memories, but she kept flipping through pages just to keep her hands busy. "But even if it was, that doesn't explain shit!"

Snapping the book closed, she finally lifted her gaze to meet Elliot's. "I got information that the cops knew the opals had been stolen only minutes after the deed. Way too unnaturally fast, like they had someone feeding them information. Someone from our side of the line. I guess they already had a suspect named out too," she scoffed. Herself, that was. Which honestly, it seemed like the cops learned about the existence of the black opals even before she did, those greedy bastards. It would have been a great haul if it actually existed.

Eyeing Elliot after his last question, she hummed for a second before deciding to answer. "I'd been hearing whispers for a couple weeks," she answered finally. "I'm sure you had too. I didn't know until today any real details though." Letting out a dry laugh, she shook her head. "I would have stolen them tonight, but I guess that's not going to happen. This is the first time someone besides you has taken something out from under me. Damn bastards are going to pay!"

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-10-2017, 10:03 PM

He nodded his agreement that it was someone on their side of the law. It's what he was suspecting in the first place. He bristled at her comment that it couldn't possibly be a hacker just because he was a hacker. He was about to speak his mind with a stinging rebuttle when she said that she had heard whispers for awhile. Instead of the sharp comment he'd been about to make his jaw dropped open and he actually looked up from his phone at her.

"A couple weeks? No... No that can't be right."He'd heard of it only this morning. Not even whispers, but she'd been hearing things on the street for weeks?The number of cameras that were everywhere these days he should have heard something if it had been around for weeks. It would have shown up in a camera feed, or a whispered conversation. He had programs to pick up hints of any kinds of treasures being talked about in his area afterall. No. There was no way that it could have escaped his detection without something shady going on. People whispering only where there was absolutely no technology around for a couple whole weeks? Absolutely impossible.

After several moments of stunned silence as he got his thoughts together he spoke. His voice coming out rough with forced calm. If it's not a hacker that has been covering every trace of the opals for two weeks, it has to be someone on our side of the law that has been making sure that no one but you would hear whispers about them until the right time. The web has been completely silent until this morning when it went live that they were ripe for the picking, and than suddenly stolen by you. He took a breath and looked into her eyes, his voice suddenly very serious. "Just you. Who'd you piss off?" There was no way around it, and now that he'd butt in, it was his problem to. Well butt in by her forcing him to, but if he was about to be set up for it as well. He'd already been added to the watch list for the opals when the fox had already been the only suspect.

His gut dropped. "You don't think..." he gulped shaking his head. "Anything special make you want to go after them tonight?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-12-2017, 12:57 AM

Hino frowned, as much irritated by Elliot's tone as the thought that she alone had been targeted. Only she heard these whispers for a week? Sure it wasn't anything substantial, more rumor than actual target information, but she heard it. How could Elliot possibly miss it? Lips pursed, she tossed his tail of hair over her shoulder with a sharp flick. "I thought someone was after the both of us. Are you saying it's just me and I'm just taking you down with me?" she scoffed. Kicking her shoe into the wooden pillar, she resisted the urge to do real damage. A woman like her didn't sit still and let a crisis happen. She started crisis.

Pulling away from her leaning spot, she faced Elliot head on. "I don't know who the hell I pissed off. I'm not about to take all the fault in this because there's no way this is about me! Fucking-" She cut herself off, nails biting into the palms of her hands with the force that she clenched her fists. She was pissed. "And even if this is a revenge mission, hell if I know who. I'm no saint and you know it. No one has ever actually been on my side!" she added with a hiss.

She breathed in deep, attempting to look at this situation rationally, or at least keep her voice down considering their infamy. "Anyway, I don't understand what you mean. I don't think? Think what?" she huffed. Elliot might as well come out with what exactly he wanted to go after tonight because she was too irritated to think.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 09-13-2017, 07:13 PM

"okay, okay! Jeez! I was just speaking my thoughts outloud. I didn't hear anything until yesterday morning right before Bobby called me because you wanted to see me about them. I had just seem them go up as a possible target, and than it shut down just as quickly with you as the sole suspect!" He retaliated just as loudly, bristling at her hostility. "They're after both of us now. and our only connection in the stupid things are Bobby. So I momentarily got suspicious that he could be involved but that would be stupid. Okay! So I brushed it off and moved past that thought."

He ran his hand through his hair messing it up and trying to cool back down so that he could keep his voice calm and level. They were in public after all, didn't need some homeless person wishing to do good for some cash to catch them and report them talking about the missing pearls. Even if the truth was that they didn't have them and were getting framed. He wanted very badly to snap some more at her like this wasn't her problem she'd involved him in. Truth be told he'd let himself get involved even though he hadn't known it was a frame up and not just some gloating. He rubbed his eyes suddenly overwhelmed and finally got his breathing calmed down enough to speak again.

"I'll keep digging and see what else comes up. But right now it just feels wrong. If they're after me as well than it is definitely a hacker and you'll have to accept that yes, its always a hacker with me. That's my world after all." What more could he say without setting the prickly fox off again. No one was ever on her side because she would never let them, right now he was actually trying to be by trying to come up with some explanation for what was going on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-27-2017, 04:32 PM

Hino went silent, brows furrowing when Elliot mentioned Bobby's name. "Bobby?" She never even stopped to think that he might be the one connection between everything that went down. He was a frog, a pig, and every bit as much of a criminal as herself so she couldn't trust him truly. And yet, he accepted his presence as a constant in her life. For how many years did he act as her fence? He even taught her valuable things when she first started out, like where to place her trust. Which was, pretty much nowhere. Taking in Elliot's words in silence, she mused over this suspicion with her anger evaporating.

Groaning, she ducked her head for a second, exasperated beyond belief by this situation. "Yeah, I'll keep looking too. Even if it's not in places I thought to look before." Like the people closest to her. The police, her 'friends', coworkers, and customers. Just how many people hated her. And after that, just how many people hated Elliot. At least some of this frame up job had to be his fault so she wouldn't rule his connection out yet either. "If it turns out to be a hacker though, I'll definitely punch you in the face after I punch out that guy. Just so you know." Flipping her hair back with head turned high, she looked at Elliot, the haughty expression she wore so well back on her face.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-15-2017, 09:01 PM

"Well I hope you're right and I don't have to get punched in the face." He responded dryly. "i would hate to get this perfect face ruined by your knuckles." He ran his hand through his hair in exasperation. It was a bad habit, but he did it quite often. "Just... look over what I made and see if its good enough to pass muster, though I did a fantastic job if I say so myself. I'll take a look towards what could be my connection in this... but really, it will be a hacker. i can't shake that feeling."

He took a deep breath, sighing. There wasn't much else he could say here with her that was going to be helpful. For once he was clueless as to what was going on. Perhaps he was involved and their rivalry was the perfect target to take advantage of to get pay back on something he didn't know that he had done. It was slim, but made a bit of sense. "Was there anything else you needed to talk about before we go our separate ways again for the rest of the night?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-24-2017, 05:27 PM

Hino snorted, her only comeback to Elliot's statement, the only response she needed really because he knew he didn't have the a close thing to a perfect face. Maybe handsome under certain lights, with bad company around for comparison, but not perfect. After a second, she sighed, waving one hand in dismissal. "I'll look it over. Just...we should meet some time and go on a...date." She just about spat out the last word, disgust obvious on her face. She held it back though, knowing just what game they played and what it required. Even if they got engaged already, they needed to act the couple part at least once more in public before they went through with the marriage. It was the perfect cherry on top to make sure everyone knew in the physical, not just internet world.

Tucking the album that Elliot gave her under her arm, Hino turned to leave. "Ah, that should be it though. I'll contact you with a place and time for the date. I'm asking you out on it just so you know," she huffed. "None of that boy's do the asking thing okay." With a roll of her eyes, Hino stepped away from the slight bubble of light that the park's lighting offered, falling into the shadows. "And you be careful. Don't get killed walking home, my sweet alibi. Don't forget that I love you." Hino through her head back with a laugh as she walked away, not waiting for any kind of response. The dark of night fell a long time ago. It was about time she got to bed and pretended this day never happened. Damn, she was ready to see her bed again. Damn this day. Damn this everything.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-05-2017, 12:07 AM

Elliot was all posed ready to say 'good, see you later.' and get out of there and back home as fast as he could. Instead he froze. "On a...date?" His eyes widened and he looked at her his face visually paling even in the dark under the bridge. "Oh god.
Right. We have to keep up the appearances we've laid down."
He groaned. He didn't go on dates. It wasn't that he wasn't capable, or had a few flings at bars every once in awhile. But he had never taken them seriously, so he'd never gone on any actual dates. He almost missed her leaving.

"Right. Right... Yeah okay. love you too." He called back automatically in his shock. As soon as she was gone and her laughter had faded he sank to the ground and held his head in his hands. 'Oh God what have I gotten into now.'This was most certainly not the day he had expected to have. Ever. Engaged to the competition who considered him the main rival. The main enemy. False as it was, it had still just happened and he'd staged it so they were a cute couple that had been together awhile.

As the chill of early morning bit through his clothes he finally pulled himself out of his horrid reverie and trekked home. Locking the gates and doors behind him automatically before falling into bed and staring at the ceiling. he stared at the glow in the dark stars he'd attached to the ceiling as sleep slowly drifted over him. 'Sleep now. Worry tomorrow.' As sure as he was one of the very best hackers in the business, he knew the Fox would keep him on his toes with her vicious plans to keep him wrapped in this mess as her alibi, and she now as his.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-18-2017, 07:22 PM

Hino walked through the dark streets with an unrelenting pace. Still, by the time she reached her apartment, early morning light already warmed the sky. Since when did it get so late? She couldn't deny it though; the morning sky darkened her mind like nothing else before. Her feet heavy, she trudged up the concrete stairs to the third floor, unlocking the door with picks rather than a key because what kind of thief would keep a key to her own apartment? Falling onto her bed, she let out a loud sigh. "What have a gotten myself into?" In that early morning light, she stared at the ring on her finger before slipping into a solid sleep.

The next morning she would start thinking about date material. What did people even do these days? Movies and dances? Roses over a candle lit dinner? She might actually throw up. That didn't matter now though. She slept deep into the morning, very happy that for once, her phone stayed quiet of nosy criminal contacts. Perhaps even a little too quiet.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-02-2018, 03:02 PM

(Good lord Kat I am so sorry. I thought I replied to this and was waiting for it to pop up in my threads again. I apologize. )

Elliot woke around noon after only a few hours of sleep feeling like he'd been drinking heavily the night before. He felt groggy and had a pounding headache. When was the last time he'd eaten? Had that shot at the bar been the only thing he'd had in the last 24 hours? He rolled out of his bed onto the wooden floor to send a jolt through his system and wake him up. It worked... partially.
Moving to the kitchenette of his flat he filled his microwave steamer with water and through in a package of ramen with seasoning and stuck it in the microwave for six minutes.
As it spun with the alien whir of the most inferior electronic device in his entire apartment he cracked an egg on the stove and fired it next to a chunk of ham. Than sliced some chives for a topping. The microwave beeped and he through it all in the steamer and brought it and a fork to his computer to move through his feeds.

Nothing.

There was nothing going on? That absolutely couldn't be right. He finished the bite he'd stuck in his mouth and set the food to the side. It was still really hot anyways, it could take a couple minute to cool while he clicked rapidly on the keys. No heist tips going on. No big gallery events. No big charity events to pilfer from pockets of rich folks with to much money and time on their hands. Nothing?

People on facebook were starting to notice the posts that they had "missed" of him and the Fox dating and they were commenting on how cute they looked together. He actually groaned when his cousin commented on the one of his engagement. Well their alibi was getting backed up nicely. He sent some replies to "How come you didn't tell us" type posts with "my feed must have gotten buried in all those terrible memes that you keep posting" type responses. He decided to throw in some teasing immature sticking tongue out emojis as well just to seal the deal that it had been going on for awhile. His cousin was sure to spread the news via word of mouth offline, she was a gossip queen.

Leaning back in his chair he continued to eat, that business out of the way. Police scanners were even pretty silent. Just some basic family disputes and bar fight disturbances. Nothing major was going on at all. Except for "The Fox and the Shadow are wanted for questioning of the black opals. We believe they're in on this job together." Yeah says who. He rolled his eyes. I doubt they even knew what I looked like until they saw us in the bar together and someone tipped them off that I was the Shadow because someone wants me caught... to.

He sat up suddenly. That must be it! That was the connection he must have been missing, the two of them were at the top of their field in the area. Someone was trying to take them down to take over the underworld. He shoveled the last of his food and started digging deep looking for the Phantom, his arch enemy. The next best hacker besides himself. Was it possible that the Phantom had passed him in skills? Had he gotten lazy and set himself up for a fall? He wasn't seeing anything unusual. But there did seem to be some new names popping up in discussions. Ones that he hadn't seen before. Names that had come out of the blue and were exponentially growing and he'd never noticed because they were so small time.

Why hadn't he dug into the lesser underworld before now? He really had gotten lax lately. This was bad. "The Rooks" they were calling themselves, and it was a name mentioned by several usernames; "BlackQueen," "WhiteKnight," "BishopD4," "MightyPawn," and "BoardKing." They could all be chess terms... so there was a group of five that were working their way up in ranks. He'd have to look closer at them soon.