PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-20-2020, 01:08 AM

Harlan laughed, delighted by the turn of events. He took Jayde's offered hand, and wove their fingers together with a hum of happiness. Would thing be even an iota different? Harlan wondered about it, even as he followed the other man's lead. "I'd think the dating thing would make our usual stuff even more fun!" He couldn't wait to explore new ways of being close and hummed a favorite classic rock song under his breath as he thougt about their upcoming encounter.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-23-2020, 02:16 AM

Jayde huffed in response but he couldn't help a fond smile at Harlan's words. "Of course. We are rather compatible and always have been. Though I'm not sure fun is the word..." he mused, still with that faint smile on his face. It was strange how relaxed he'd felt this entire day but as he shifted closer to Harlan, he felt chills run up his back as hairs prickled against his arm. Just the tiniest hint of danger but his smile fell straight off his face. "Harlan." Reaching out an arm, he pulled the other man against his side in a casual hug that didn't match the way his eyes roved over the streets. "You think you can not question some things for a minute?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-24-2020, 09:56 PM

The wannabe musician was wondering about what better word could be used to describe enhanced matress gymnastics, when he felt himself being pulled against Jayde. Harlan might have thought the move was some kind of precursor to what was to come, but that didn't seem like Jayde. Harlan had been surprised enough by holding hands. Besides, the other man felt tense for some reason, and his words only reinforced that.

Sensing the seriousness of the situation, Harlan nodded. "Yeah, I can do that. Though I'll probably be asking those questions later ..." His eyes rested on Jayde, watching the way the other man scanned the area. What in the world was he looking for? Harlan let his eyes roam the streets in turn, but could see nothing that might have caused his date's reaction.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-02-2020, 06:04 PM

Questioning things later wasn't preferable either but Jayde would take what he could get right now. Even he knew better than to think this part of his life wouldn't converge with his little bubble with Harlan, his safety away from it all. "Just...try to keep quiet."

As they continued to walk, a man called out from a side alley just as they started to pass it. "Jayde, my man! It's been fucking forever. Where have you been? One second you're asking about the dirtiest shit on the market and the next, gone? I thought you'd gone and died in a gutter. Then I see you walking into some artsy shop so I just had to stick around and see if it was true. I found it, ya know..."

Jayde's eyes sharpened into brilliant points of blue as he gave Harlan's shoulders another squeeze before he pushed him forward. Of all the people to ambush him in the open, Tater wasn't the worst. Just inconvenient. "Stay here. I'll be just a minute." With a last glance, he let himself be pulled into the alley, just a few feet in where the shadows cast over the two men but didn't completely overwhelm them. However, even that wasn't enough to hide the way Jayde's demeanor changed, as relaxed and dangerous as a leopard.

"Well, I'm not dead. Surprise. You said you found it?" He raised one eyebrow.

A second later, Tater flashed a small plastic bag from inside his jacket. It held a single gram of what could be black soot if not for the crystalline shine. "Try it yourself. If it's the real deal then meet me at the shack and we can work a thing out. After all, aren't you my favorite customer? I'll even throw in an extra little something for the boytoy," he said, craning his head to give Harlan a slick smile. "Never pegged you for the gay type though. Should we hoo-"

"Can it, Tat," he hissed. Stepping just a hair closer was enough to shut the smaller man up. "He has nothing to do with this so don't even try it. I'll check the buy myself. If it holds up then I'll be there, Thursday evening. You better not fail me this time!" Jayde crowded closer but as soon as the bag passed hands in an effortless move and he had it tucked into an inner pocket, he pulled away as if nothing happened between them. Jayde strolled right out of the alley and past Harlan.

"Let's go."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-05-2020, 01:25 AM

Harlan kept his mouth shut and his ears wide open. The moment Jayde disappeared into the alleyway, he glanced around and sneaked a litle closer, the better to hear every word of the conversation. Their peaceful interlude had been interrupted by life, by Jayde's life. It sounded like a thing of secret dealings, and of danger. Was that why he had asked about murderers, serial killers? Thinking of it sent a shiver down Harlan's spine. He couldn't believe that of Jayde!

It was enough to know that he had a soft spot for him, and that he worried over his safety. Jayde had said as much outside the club, that people even took his wanting to protect them as wrong, overprotective. Harlan promised himself he wouldn't let himself become one of those people, even as the man who'd pulled Jayde into the alley sent him a leer after calling him a boytoy. That made Harlan smirk. He was no toy, even if he might have seemed all smiles most of the time. One didn't grow up in the city without learning a few things after all, especially when you weren't part of the most socially accepted scene... Honestly, that was most people.

The moment Jayde stepped out of the alley, after that menacing interlude, Harlan hurried to keep up with him. He reached out wordlessly to take his hand, wanting to find some of the closeness and warmth they'd been sharing those few minutes ago. "So, the hotel?" They would be able to talk there without any wirnesses. Harlan wanted to ask about what Jayde was involved in, but was afraid it would ruin the fragile thing they were starting to build. He'd probably ask something more innocent first, a warm up question, while they built up trust with each other. Actually, he thought he knew the perfect question!

But before that ... "I hope our clay creation turns out okay. It seemed a bit wobbly, don't you think?" He knew he would just stress Jayde out more in the hotel, but he really really wanted to find that relaxed sentiment they'd shared before.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-05-2020, 08:38 PM

Jayde let Harlan take his hand though he didn't glance over at the other man as they walked. Paces matched, it seemed so natural to walk like this even if Jayde hurried his step a little more, one eyebrow arching into his hairline. Did Harlan seriously not question what just happened? He didn't want to talk about it but this return right back to their earlier conversation was as effortless as from someone trained to do it.

"Yeah. Unless you don't want to go to the hotel anymore." He wouldn't say that he ruined the mood but he would understand if Harlan didn't feel the interest anymore. They probably should part ways here. However, they were already walking across the street, the hotel's awning right in front of them. Once they were under it, Jayde finally turned to meet the other man's eye.

"You're concerned about the sculpture? Of all things. Harlan, you-" He groaned, shaking away the half finished statement. This had gotten too far under his skin. His mask was cracking, exasperation showing beneath his usual cool. "Whatever. Let's just get inside. We'll talk there. Don't know who could be listening out here..." he added with another sharp look down the street. Today reminded him that he was never fully at peace.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-05-2020, 08:54 PM

Harlan didn't say a word more until they paid for their room, in the usual way, and were safely hidden away. It was your typical kind of place, with a neatly turned out bed and flat pack furniture. The break in Jayde's usul composure had shaken Harlan more than he wanted to let show; the whole incident had left him wobbly and he rushed to settle down on the bed. It bounced a little as he let himself fall back, eyes closed.

He kept his eyes like that as he finally answered Jayde's earlier cut short sentence. "It's not that I don't have questions, I just didn't want to bring them up outside. Didn't seem right. I wanted to get back some of that feeling we had from our date too ... Even though thinking about it now, it seems silly."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-06-2020, 07:30 PM

After slamming the door shut, Jayde stared at Harlan for a second. Hesitation flashed across his face. He could laugh or yell or so many things right now, but he settled for dropping onto the bed after Harlan, crowding into his space. "It is silly to try to get that feeling back. It's gone so we should just do what we do best," he murmured before pressing a kiss to Harlan's lips. "No questions."

He knew he could only push those questions away for so long. He felt childish pretending he could ignore such a confrontation, especially with the weight of the little baggie still in his jacket pocket. Didn't he deserve some selfishness though? Didn't he deserve at least Harlan's trust?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-07-2020, 01:24 AM

Harlan opened his eyes slowly. The mattress had shifted in a familiar way, soon be felt Jayde oh so near. A soft gasp of surprise escaped Harlan when he was kissed. Sure, they'd been together before but it felt all brand new and intense since Jayde knew all about his feelings. Really, the tattloed man couldn't have picked a better distraction if he'd tried!

Harlan smiled as he pressed closer, sliding a hand up to caress the nape of his lover's neck. "My questions weren't that important anyway," murmured Harlan as he tried to slide atop Jayde. "Just ... Wanting to know if you're staying safe, and if there's anythinhg I need to know, or do, to stay safe too." Harlan wasn't naive, or hiding his head in the sand. All the same he wanted to give Jayde room, so the other man could tell him about the eangers of his life at his own pace... There were dangers, Harlan was sure after seeing the exchange in the alley.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-09-2020, 03:54 AM

Jayde couldn't help the soft gasp that escaped his lips. Harlan's touch felt far too soft and his words just as tender, so unexpected compared to the questions he readied himself for. "Has anyone ever told you that you're too nice?" he whispered as he pulled Harlan down on top of him. Jayde didn't try to continue the kiss though, instead burying his face in the other man's hair and breathing in deep. After another breath, he pulled back enough to meet Harlan's gaze.

"Seriously, take a hint. What you just saw is my job. If you want to stay safe, then stay away from me." Even so, his fingers tightened on Harlan's arms, keeping him close. Even the steeled expression on his face held an ember of vulnerability. "There's no point in hiding it anymore. That's the kind of person I am," he said with a small puff of laughter. "Guess you finally got an answer to all your questions."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-09-2020, 11:32 AM

Harlan shifted to kick off his shoes. They thumped to the floor one by one. His mind lingered on the surprise he'd felt when Jayde had shown more affection in one vulnerable moment then he ever had before in all of their aquaintance. Poor guy ... Harlan shifted to try and wrap his arms around the other man, and pull him close into a full body hug.

"I'm not going anywhere." Harlan's eyes turned fierce with determination, even as he started to grin. "Come on, darling ... Just taking a walk outside is dangerous! Anyway, the way I see it, the little bit of risk being with you might bring is all worth it." The brunet leaned forward to press soft kisses along Jayde's jaw, ending with a little teasing nip, before he pulled back with a twinkle of mischief in his eyes.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2020, 12:05 AM

Jayde found himself grinning despite himself. "Seriously, you're something else, Harlan. A god damned devil's angel and I'm a fool for getting tempted by you." He huffed again but he couldn't bring himself to hate Harlan for the things he accused him off. Instead, he trailed on hand down his back, letting his gaze turn dark as a stormy sea. "I knew there was a reason we got along so well in bed."

Apparently, that applied to out of bed as well, leaving Jayde's heart twinging in his chest. Such things couldn't end well but his fondness for this other man only seemed to grow each passing minute. Seriously. What a fucking mess. Before he could overthink things, Jayde tangled a hand in the other's hair, pulling him down for a searing kiss. "How about let's quit with the chatter and just enjoy ourselves, okay?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-12-2020, 12:32 AM

Harlan had to force down his laughter at the very thought of himself as a temptation. Devil's angel indeed! The very thought, well it was hard to think with Jayde's touch sending shivers down his spine. Before he knew it, his breath was stolen away, and a soft needy feeling filled him up to the brim. Harlan's fingers curled into fabric as he hitched himself as close as he could to Jayde.

Wordlessly, he started pulling and tugging, trying to get them both into a state of undress. He wanted and yearned to be as close as they could, with an intensity they'd never shared before. It felt like the very first time, even better than the first time, probably because feelings had been shared and acknowledged after growing silently and in darkness.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-21-2020, 10:26 PM

Jayde let himself get lost in the other man's touches, the way they moved together, the way they felt together. Once he started, everything he felt just being with Harlan overwhelmed him. Overwhelmed in the best way possible. It was, perhaps, the most he'd felt in a long time.

When they finally lay back against the sheets, Jayde pulled a cigarette from his discarded jacket and leaned back to breathe in the acrid, soothing air. For a second, he let himself wallow in that, pulling him down from his high. Eventually, though, the silence screamed in need to be filled. "So...was it worth it?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-26-2020, 01:49 AM

(Started writing while listening to The Sound of Silence Pentatonix cover XD)

Harlan curled against Jayde, shifting only to press a kiss to the other man's vulnerable throat. He lay like that a few minutes, simply basking in being able to do so after wishing for it and thinking it was impossible. Was it worth it? He hummed an Elton John song under his breath before coming up with what to say.

"Yes. I got to learn a bit more about you, because you decided to share more about yourself with me. And it felt like we shared more while in bed too." Harlan chuckled a little, shook his head. "But that last bit is probably just me imagining stuff."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-12-2020, 03:57 PM

Jayde snorted at the answer. He inhaled his bitter smoke, enjoying the way his heartbeat slowed down, and even the gentle tap of the ceiling fan cord overhead. It was just a hotel, but it was a good hotel to spend time with Harlan. "You might be imagining that but I'm glad that you always enjoy our time together. It's a worthwhile endeavor for me as well," he added with a chuckle. However, he couldn't deny that something about this was different. Neither of them were in a hurry to leave, as relaxed into the pillows as they were. This was...a different rhythm.

"So, do you plan to take a shower or sleep here all night? I'm in no hurry to go, though I probably should." He did have work to do.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-14-2020, 12:05 AM

With a soft hmm, Harlan shifted up so he could both wrap his arms around Jayde, and plant a lingering kiss on the other man's lips. It was such a sweet sensation, making his heart beat so fast. The young man pulled back wit h a soft kind of smile. "I'll shower then go. It's not like I don't want to stay, but I don't want to keep you from work. Besides, I have a few things to take care of too. But ... I'll be looking forward to hearing from you again." Honestly, he was already kind of planning their next date in his head. Something somewhere they couldn't be interrupted, his house maybe? With a bit of a laugh, Harlan pulled away to slip from the bed and grab his clothes.

He took a quick shower, wondering if Jayde would still be there when he emerged. It reminded him so much of the very first time he actually realized what he felt for the other man. Such a shock! Harlan was glad things had turned out so unexpectedly well, and wanted to call up Axel as soon as he could to tell the rock star all the new developments.He also kind of wondered how the new manager was working out,even as he slathered his hair with the hotel provided shampoo. The bottles were so minuscule.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-23-2020, 05:29 PM

"Alright. That sounds like a fair plan," Jayde murmured back as he pulled himself up, planning to get ready himself. While Harlan showered, he pulled on his clothes, using the small mirror opposite of the bathroom to smooth out his black hair, pulling the strands loose from their usual style to hang around his face. It was better than a half-styled look though the whole image made him look a little less sharp and intimidating. It wasn't exactly what he needed right now.

Jayde sighed again, glancing back to the shower door. His phone trilled with text messages, telling him that this little moment of paradise needed to end, but he still lingered. Harlan cared for him, didn't he? It would be wrong to leave without any farewell. So, Jayde stepped up to the bathroom door, giving it a light rap with his knuckles. "I'm going to head out. Have a good night, Har." He hesitated one second more before leaving the hotel, his fingers already tapping out a response to his text.

'Buy is made. Where do you want to meet?'

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-26-2020, 01:37 AM

As Harlan was finishing up his shower, he heard Jayde. He turned the water off, and rushed to the door with only a towel wrapped around his waist so he could see Jayde off, but the other man was already gone. It left him feeling a little odd. Bye, see you next time. Harlan sent the text off quickly after fumbling to pull his phone out of his jeans.

Then he went and collapsed on the bed, before dialing Axel's number. Hoping that the rockstar would pick up. What would he even say? He didn't want to spill out everything he had found out about Jayde and his work. It wasn't his information to give, and besides, Harlan hadn't really processed it yet. So the young man settled for something else. " Hey, what's been going on lately? You getting along with Fane?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2020, 07:35 PM

Axel stepped out into some alley, his head still spinning with music and booze. The familiar name on the caller ID might have made him sneer at another time but he welcomed the break today. "Yes? Oh...Fane? You called to talk about that?" he asked with a grimace. As if he had any answers about that. Just remembering the night earlier in the week still made his skin crawl with a confusing mix of emotions, both good and bad.

Heading back to his car, he perched on the hood so he could light a cigarette, the phone perched on his knee. "And here I was thinking you wanted advice again. Maybe a sneak peek into the life of a rockstar genius?" He bit back a sound of derision before relaxing again, submitted to the fact that Harlan would ask until he got an answer. "But things are fine, I guess. If you really care." He shook his head. Fine was a complicated word but considering all that happened, it was a surprisingly not inaccurate one.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-03-2020, 01:44 AM

Harlan laughed at the rock star's typically dismissive answer. He just was too stubborn and in too good a mood to let it bother him. "Look I would love any advice you could give, but really I did want to check in and see how things are. We haven't talked in about a week and a lot can happen." Harlan stretched, making a sound of satisfaction as he did so. "Like a date. Dates can happen." Alright, so he couldn't keep his excitement in at all, despite everything he had learned about Jayde and how illegal and dangerous the other man's line of work was. But he had fallen so hard, probably in part because of all the mystery surrounding Jayde.

(So short ...)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2020, 12:15 AM

"I'm sorry, did you say a date?" Axel managed, something like a laugh wanting to escape him. He leaned forward, giving his phone a curious, amused look. "Did you go on a date because I sure as hell didn't. Unless you count Fane pleading to be my friend," he added with a snort. He still felt uneasy about that whole conversation but something lit up inside of him at the idea of Jayde and Harlan going on a date. A god fucking date. "So, are you going to tell me about it? I think the great Axel Neale might be able to give you some advice about that bullshit idiot. Ugh, a date though? That's gross."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-07-2020, 01:44 AM

Axel's disbelief only made Harlan's smile widen. God, he even started playing with his hair, twirling a long lock around his finger like some teenager in high school thinking about their crush. "Yeah, well ... I ran into Jayde at the club last week. You were there too, I think, but you just ran off for some reason and I talked to Jayde and told him how I felt, how I ..." At this point, the young man's happy facade faded a little. "I told him about going to the club to get him out of my system, and somehow that turned into us going to the Pottery Barn today and making a thing on a wheel and it was so much fun!"

Once his own gushing was done, Harlan's mind leapt to Axel's comment about Fane. "Wait, he wants to be your friend? Isn't that a good thing?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-11-2020, 10:41 PM

Axel's expression clouded at the mention of the club. The burn of his own bile against his tongue, that heavy bass so like the bass thrumming just behind him...he couldn't shake those feelings from under his skin. Nor could he forget the tense words between him and Jayde. To drag the other man on a date after that, just what sort of power did Harlan hold? Axel shook his head, sending the perfectly styled layers of his hair fluttering back from his ears.

"You're insane, you know that? I'm almost starting to respect you," Axel scoffed, though that might have been the weird mood that had been hovering over him, making it easier to talk to the other man like a friend. "That fucker talked to me like I was a fucking delivery service and you dragged him to a Pottery Barn? Damn. I'm not ready to forgive that fucker though and if the one guy I would call a friend doesn't act like one then why should I get another?" Axel bit his tongue, knowing he said too much. It wasn't like he wanted to talk to Harlan about Fane. They should just keep the conversation to Harlan's life.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-14-2020, 11:47 PM

"Actually," said Harlan, "he was the one who picked the Pottery Barn. Somehow Jayde ended up pretty much immaculate, not a drop of clay on him, but I ended up completely splattered." At the mention of frjends, and who Axel considered as such ... and who he didn't, the wannabe rockstar felt his mood plummet. Really? Did Axel not consider him a friend, or any of his band members either? It hurt, quite a bit more than Harlan could comprehend, considering he knew Axel. The man wasn't exactly the most affectionate of people.

When he spoke again, hand fallen still, his voice was subdued. "Maybe you need a friend who actually wants to be one and who'll make an effort?" Harlan didn't like to think it, but knew in hindsight that what Jayde had said about him not being that good of a friend to Axel probably had to be true. Especially with the recent knowledge that had come into his hands. But it wasn't like Axel only had Jayde as a friend, if only he realized it! Anger started to simmer, but Harlan kept it in check by remembering his date with Jayde.