Rmarques
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rmarques

Old 01-31-2008, 10:13 PM

You may have experienced this. You find a band/singer that sounded interesting and look up some live performances... Only to find what can only be described as a disaster. You stop paying attention to that singer, and then, maybe years later, you find yourself watching a more recent live performance of him/her... And enjoying it! What used to be an average/mediocre singer actually became something that didn't rape your ears.

So, have you ever experienced this? I'll give you the first example I can think of on the top of my head, the Japanese pop group BeForU, with the song Black Out~ I want to be, performed live in 2006 and then in 2007.

BeForU- Black Out~ I want to be (Zepp Tokyo 2006)

BeForU- Black Out~ I want to be (Zepp Tokyo 2007)

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 PM

Well, talent can only improve with time!

That's never happened to me, I usually appreciate music for any of the good qualities it holds... > w<

Meaning, I don't usually reject (not hardcore rejection, anyways) any kind of music. Besides country, Bleh.

Amurita
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-31-2008, 10:41 PM

You're right they do sound better. Like their voices sound better trained and not as amateur-ish.

But it does make sense, it's been a year and they've probably had a lot more experience with music so they're bound to improve.

I've never experienced this myself though. If i don't like the musical group i usually just never listen to them again.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 02-01-2008, 02:48 AM

When I first heard of Radiohead, I didn't think much of them. I expected them to sound... Nickelback-ish and boring. Everyone seemed to like them, so I just dismissed them as overrated. A few years later my best friend got really into Radiohead, and we'd listen to them all the time. I LOVED them. They are not one of my favourite bands. :D

Krystyne
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-03-2008, 05:33 AM

I do that a lot with 'popular' bands and stuff...>>; Probably because people won't stop playing their worst songs or something...

Rinali Lee
*^_^*

Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 AM

xD Oh yea, that happens to me. Although, most of the time, it's in reverse. D:

Like...there's all this hype over a certain band or singer, so I go to listen to their music, but they suck. D<

Maybe it's just because I hate the mainstream styles ._.;; Actually, maybe it's because I don't really like "American" songs in general. Some of them are good, but...eh. I find other languages to be more appealing.

Tilly
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-07-2008, 07:54 PM

THE WEAKERTHANS. D:

Fallow was DREADFUL. I was like 'Michael, why do you bother! It's bad and his voice cracks a lot!'. And then I listening to Left and Leaving. I was like 'How are these even the same bands?!' and then Reconstruction Site. I was like 'HOW HOW HOW!? THEY'RE SO GOOD!'

Easily one of my favorite bands. :3