Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-18-2013, 06:45 AM

So up until two days ago I had never heard a Beyonce song before. Don't ask me how I managed that, I guess I just live under a rock. I knew who she was and was even familiar with some of her lyrics from seeing them around the internet, but I'd never actually heard her songs before. I realized that was a little weird, so I decided to pull up a few of her songs on youtube and give them a listen. I discovered that I actually really love her music! A few of them (Single Ladies, The Best Thing I Never Had, Run The World (Girls)) are even making me feel better after a break up I recently went through.

So how about you? Do you suddenly look up an artist you've known about for years but never heard and fall in love? This happens to me a lot, surely I can't be the only one.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-19-2013, 05:48 AM

You listened to it! One of my things was that when I was a kid, my mum would complain about my dad's music, and because I spent more time with mum I got really attatched to assuming it was crap. But then I went on a road trip with dad... Basically he got me into about 12 different bands that my mum can't stand. I still listen to that stuff a lot too.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-19-2013, 06:45 AM

What are some of the bands?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 AM

POD, Switchfoot, the Foo Fighters, and a whole bunch of others that I can't remember the names of right now.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 PM

Ahh, cool! If you like those, I'd recommend Stone Temple Pilots and Them Crooked Vultures.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-23-2013, 11:43 PM

*looks under rock and finds Cherry♥Who?*

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 03-24-2013, 08:45 AM

This is not really a band, but a genre thing.
So I did quite recently start to listen to metal for real. I've listened to the occasional In flames song now and then and had a thing for hair metal and glam when I was about 14 and I've listened some to hardcore but I havent really gotten into any other stuff. Which is weird since I have friends who are metalheads and I've been to metal-festivals. And now I feel so stupid for not listening to it before...

Last edited by Aspinou; 03-24-2013 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: typo

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 AM

It's not really that I never listened to them, but I hadn't listened to much. But Flogging Molly is a band that I had heard of, and in passing had heard a few of their songs. Nothing really to know them from just walking into a room where they are already playing, but lately(since I purchased a few of their albums on iTunes), I have been listening to them more and more, and getting to recognize their style just by walking into the room while they are the current song.

Lyall Lupin

Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 AM

That happened to me with Wizard Rock (music about the Harry Potter series). I had heard of The Remus Lupins and Harry and the Potters and such for quite a while, but had largely ignored the concept. Once I started listening I was hooked. So many great songs. If anyone wants a really great Wrock band to listen to try Ministry of Magic or the Butterbeer Experience. They are my all time faves.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM

I discovered Led Zeppelin in my first year of college. They are one of favorite bands now. I just can't believe how long it took me.