nairb kool
Banned

Old 05-04-2008, 08:15 PM

awesome band. they rock if you love 30 seconds to mars join my social group 30 seconds to mars fanclub and discuss their music:cool:

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 05:15 AM

I used to like them. Got over the music though.

They got boring and outdated for me (i think thats the word....) for me.

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Den ro Send a message via MSN to Den ro Send a message via Yahoo to Den ro

Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 AM

They are alright, but their sound has softened and conformed immensely. Right now I really have no interest in the mainstream them.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den ro View Post
They are alright, but their sound has softened and conformed immensely. Right now I really have no interest in the mainstream them.
Understandable. It gets like that with bands sometimes.

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Den ro Send a message via MSN to Den ro Send a message via Yahoo to Den ro

Old 05-20-2008, 05:27 AM

Mostly their sophmore or junior albums usually tank when it comes to most bands, with very few exceptions I might add.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 05:32 AM

yeah.

With the "fans" that have become well...fans from the latest album, its annoying when they are like "I had no idea they had another album"...yet these people could refer to themselves as "big fans" of the bands.
Sorry if that was off topic...but in relation to the topic, 30 seconds to mars are victims of this too I have found.

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-20-2008, 05:37 AM

If you want to go with that hypothesis take a look at bands like AFI, Rancid, Pennywise. All of those bands before they started going mainstream have at least 6 CDs under their respective belts, but then you have these fair weather fans that come out of nowhere, and just because they have read the bands bio or know all of their CDs names by heart that they are true fans. I am sorry, but that is so not the case. A true fan is in the moshpit getting bloodied, and having the best time of their lives. Of course that is just my way of thinking though.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 AM

I do see your point..the real fans are out there supporting the band literally in blood, sweat and tears...of course the music and cd collection is vital too, but that must be combined with the support for the band by going to gigs etc

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 AM

Well yes, but the music collection could be entirely simulated in one day could it not?

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Well yes, but the music collection could be entirely simulated in one day could it not?
Indeed, especially with technology and file sharing these days and the abilities to share complete discographies.

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-22-2008, 09:16 AM

Yes I am not innocent at all when it comes to file sharing. Hell if I like it I take it.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Yes I am not innocent at all when it comes to file sharing. Hell if I like it I take it.
I too am guilty of this at times. If I love the music then I buy the actual copy.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 05-27-2008, 08:58 AM

I used to like them. I will admit having a short obsession with The Kill and I still enjoy A Beautiful Lie a fair bit, but the rest of the album all just blends in together. There's no variety there at all. Like Angelspit, I now find them boring.

As for file sharing, it's my way of saying "fuck you, RIAA."

Lips.Like.Morphine
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 AM

I like them.
Not my favourite but I still like them. My favourite song by them is probably A Beautiful Lie. I loved it the first time I heard it. =)

ElectricEclipse
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 AM

i've only recently really started listening to 30 seconds to mars and knew nothing of who they were just knew their music was amazing
only to recently find out jared leto is the lead singer, that threw me for a real loop right there
i was like ummmm say what
i had no idea he could sing
let alone so well
it blew my mind
infact in sooooooooooo many ways it really still does
like yowza
i just wish i could either find their cds somewhere or find a way to download their music at least
because i only have a few songs and i def want more

Lovers Network
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2008, 07:48 AM

i agree, their music are very good ^__^
i really liked 'The Kill', 'Beautiful Lie' and 'From yesterday'

Yesthisisacult

Old 12-29-2008, 03:46 AM

30 Seconds To Mars is my all-time favorite band. <3

Not only are both of their(and soon to be a third) albums absolutely amazing, but they're all wonderful, well-rounded people!

<3

To those of you whose favorite songs are on their "A Beautiful Lie" album, I totally recommend listening to their first album. It's amazing. <3

falling up
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to falling up

Old 12-29-2008, 03:07 PM

they were my favorite but now they're not...
though i still listen to them, i prefer other bands
(like falling up,skywire,etc...)
but if hear any of their songs playing,
i would start singing immediately for some reason!

so i guess i still like them...but not my favorite

i guess