Flitting free Girl

Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM

For NaNo or otherwise?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM

i'm going to try to do the Mr. Mayor story. but people keep mentioning nano and I kind of want to check it out and see what its about.

I'm particularly fond of prompt written stories, so Mr. Mayor's story is super fun times for me :]

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Well, it's the second day so if you're going to do it you should get started quickly... it IS 50,000 words.

Mr. Mayor's thing looks fun to me too. I think I'll start on it once I finish today's count.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:26 PM

50,000 words.. isn't actually that hard. ^^;; maybe...

is there a link? is it on here? xD

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 PM

National Novel Writing Month

This is a link, but it's pretty easy to remember.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 07:41 PM

hmmmmm, i might try my hand at it..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 PM

An orthodontist is someone who deals with things like braces. :) I had braces for a few years, this was my last appointment to get my retainer adjusted and get a glued on retainer taken off. No pain, and not scary! I'm actually pretty psyched to have that glued on retainer taken off, it was preventing me from flossing my teeth, which is nasty.

Roly-poly time!
zigbigadorlube is 1, Saravi Boo is 2, Crimson Shadow is 3, Iroase Delschatten is 4, moon children is 5, Shadami is 6, Rinetteable is 7, Shishunki is 8, fairywaif is 9, PapillonCameo is 10, vgracebutterfly is 11, EirianHikari is 12, hiriyuu is 13, `Kitami is 14, Kokoro chan is 15 and Liztress is 16.

The 16-sided dice lands on 7

A new story update will be up soon!

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 PM

Yay! Update!

----------

I can't wait to see what happens....

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 08:14 PM

what was koko's post.. -goes back to check-

Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 PM

yay! my first post gets picked!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Should be an interesting story change :D prince mole :O

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2011, 08:33 PM

Part 5: Into the Woods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoro chan View Post
I desperately want another round of free candy, but I feel honor bound. What if the little red guy really WAS a mole-person.... what if he hunted me down to cook me for his stew! HE was obviously very clever with traps. Besides he might actually be a prince in disguise and wouldn't THAT be something?
"Yes, yes, that red thing is definitely a handsome prince," you mumble to yourself as you make your way towards the forest, "and you know what fabulous princes have... lots of high-grade booze." You know, you might have a drinking problem. That or you're having a rough night... maybe a bit of both.
As you leave the safety of the town square and begin to enter the woods, you feel a bit uneasy... You can't place your finger on why you're so uneasy; you've been in these woods hundreds of times before, even at night! So why are you so scared, suddenly? A violent shiver runs up your spine, causing you to very nearly drop your silly flashlight. After a few more steps, you again shiver roughly. How strange...
At this point you notice a strange noise coming from somewhere behind you. It sounds... creepy. Like a tiny, high pitched howl or a scream. Completely okay with the idea of heading back towards the entrance of the forest, you follow the sound until it leads you out of the woods. Standing at the edge of the forest is Yumeh and he seems pretty displeased about something. He's staring past you into the woods with his back arched, every strand of fur on his little body sticking straight up. He hisses and howls into the blackness as he paces back and forth.
"What is it, Yumeh?" you ask as if you expect him to respond in any way you can understand.
"Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrllll...." Yumeh growls, though you can tell it's not directed at you. You look behind you into the forest multiple times but you can't see anything other than plants.
"You're creeping me out, kitty," you say, although you feel significantly more relaxed than you did while you were in the forest. Yumeh lets out a final loud hiss then runs off towards the town.
"Well that's not foreboding at all," you grumble as you plod back into the forest. As soon as you've passed the first tree, you feel your body erupt in goosebumps and the hair on the back of your neck stands up. You might have mumbled something sassy here, but you're too afraid to make a noise. What is going on here? You force yourself to take a few more steps before succumbing to another violent shudder. Something here isn't right at all... Armed only with a cheap plastic flashlight, it doesn't seem safe to go on. You should probably go back and get some kind of protection, or maybe even someone to come with you.

What will you do?

(At this point, going on into the forest is not possible until you get something and/or someone to take with you. You can choose to bring any NPC with you except Yumeh. You must choose some sort of weapon or defensive item, choosing to bring an NPC is optional)

Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 PM

I turn back, there's no WAY I'm going into this alone. I try to find Jerick to go with me into the forest to find the root. Maybe he'll have some kind of shovels or picks to get rid of the thing anyway....

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 PM

I control myself to not run as fast as I can into town. I have to bring Nalin with me! He knows plants, right? And he has to have some sort of pruning shears. Or a shovel? Something to deal with a plant. Or...whatever else is in there?

And if I see some hooch well...I couldn't pass that up, now could I? But finding Nalin had to come first.

Last edited by fairywaif; 11-02-2011 at 09:00 PM..

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 08:48 PM

Quickly I turn around and run back. There is no way I'm going back in there alone! Looking around I try to find Lise. She's scary, I know I'll be safe with her because she'll just scare everything away! As I'm searching for Lise I find a spork on the ground and I scoop it up. Hey it's pointy, gotta have something to protect myself with.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 11-02-2011 at 09:41 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2011, 08:50 PM

Crimson Shadow, don't forget to pick a weapon or defensive item. :) Although maybe you mean Lise IS your weapon and defensive item, in which case, okay. :lol:

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 PM

I turn back towards the town. That's it, not going a step further into that forest without a weapon, some hooch...and a meat shield of some kind. But who would be stupid enough to go into the creepy woods at night to search for a man-eating plant? The answer hits me almost as soon as my brain forms the question, AFRODONKEY! I know I saw the five legged beast around here somewhere, I'll just be on the lookout for his shiny butt. In the meantime, I still need a weapon. I spy a game of chance involving bobbing for bowling balls. One of the prizes is a real sword. Perfect! Maybe I can get Afrodonkey to win it for me. With his big mouth it should be a cinch! Oh! Does that tree over there have an oddly shiny behind? O_O'

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM

((I'm pretty sure Nalin would be a terrible companion. But he's so cute! I want him to blush. Also, i'm sure Nalin wouldn't appreciate it if I was drunk. Then again, maybe that'd make it funnier?))

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM

I stand there and ponder who best to take with me... Cain is pretty powerful (and makes for perfect eye candy). Peeblo probably could scare just about anything off. And Lise... Well, she might be a great choice too. Spying three rocks in front of me, I snatch them up and pull out a black marker. Scribbling the initials of each person, I then toss them in the air and the one I grab is the (un)lucky companion for me. The rock in my hand has a 'C' on it. Sweet! Now to find Cain and a pruning shear.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-02-2011, 08:54 PM

You do not like this one bit.... You resist your urge to ask Mr. Mayor to come along, for that would merely be for the purpose of having an excuse to jump in his arms- Instead you head straight towards Abel's house. You get along with him fairly well (how many light spells has he given you now?), so you're sure he'd be willing to help. Besides- he knows magic and even has (the previously mentioned) light spells. That will be very helpful in a dark scary forest!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM

I run back out of the forest, hoping its my imagination that I hear laughing behind me. Stopping to catch my breath just outside the forest where all the spooky feelings have passed I quickly go through the list of possible compainion choices. I'd be foolish not to take someone back in there with me. After all, I have to find the red creature mole prince guy his haunted plant. Making my decision I decide Lise is definetly the best choice. She can commune with spirits... and there are clearly spirits in those woods. On my way to go get her help I spot a shovel and pruning scissors leaning against the floral booth. Those will be useful. I take them with me, leaving an I.O.U. note behind. If only i could get ahold of a frying pan.

sidrabutterfly
Infinitely odd

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM

I think I'm going to go back and get Abel (Cain), he knows magic right? And maybe he'll bring Nalin! Yeah! We'll be a crack team of investigators. We'll call ourselves "Hooch investigations -We only work for hooch." Now for weapons. I think I'll go with a machete, at very least I can hack that evil root up.

Last edited by sidrabutterfly; 11-02-2011 at 09:02 PM..

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 PM

Hooch Investigations! I love it.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM

*giggles at "Hooch Team"* I'm so loving this game :heart: