Atsukami

Old 06-12-2018, 04:25 AM

My living situation right now is great, i live with my bf and my best friend as a roomate. No issues with anything.

As in the end of this month I believe, I been made aware that my roommate is having two friends stay here until the middle of sept, Which they all made plans to move to another province. 2-3 month , no more. (sept or end of) one is her bf and one is her friend who all want a change of career lets say.

We have a 2bed room, apartment.
I am 100% fine with this.

How ever, they won't be paying rent. My roomate already pays a set amount on hydro so it covers what ever would be extra hydro from them.

I am aware I have to tell them to buy their own Toiletries, and to throw out the communal garbages here and there. No sharing food. Obv clean your dishes or I'm going to bug your host/my roommate about it.

She is on the lease and so am i,
I'm going to have her sign her lease over to my boyfriend or our new roomate if he knows by the the beginning of sept if he wants to move in forsure (have it so she will be off the lease no latter than sept 30th)

She is more upkeep than me. Besides putting away her clean dishes away right away *not a huge issue as she will get to it in a decent enough time*

The other guy, not her bf, might also hide away in her room/sleep in there for most nights "if they don't need their privacy". They are use to small living spaces *her bedroom is half? Of What me and my bf have.*

I Just hope they are okay with me and my bf keeping to ourselves most time, as we hope we don't come off as passive-agressive. My roomate/best friend has come to a understanding that we mean no offense, i might tell her to tell them so they understand or tell them myself.

Am i going in the right track? Do i have to add anymore rules/let my roommate know anything?

I am the most chill person when it comes to these things and i just want to be sure i don't let it get to far and out of control.

I already met her bf and still need to meet the other *probably saw him b4 but i don't remember who he is

Last edited by Atsukami; 06-12-2018 at 04:30 AM..

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-15-2018, 06:31 AM

My first thought is will your landlord approve of the extra tenants in your apartment for that period of time? You should check your lease to make sure that you won't be in violation and wind up all being evicted. Some places have strict restrictions on how many people are living in a 2 bedroom apartment.
My other suggestion would be to right out a contract of sorts detailing the length of time these people will be living with you and what their obligations will be and have everyone...you and your bf and roommate included...sign it as an agreement.
This will protect you and bf in the case that things go sour...and it protects the other people from you kicking them out before the agreed upon time.
As for keeping to yourselves, I suggest that you just have a chat with everybody and let them know that you mean no offense but that you prefer to keep to yourselves just because its the kind of people you are.
I hope everything works out for everybody.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-15-2018, 10:17 PM

I agree with Inzane here. Before they move in check to make sure it's not going to voilate any terms of the lease.

Get something down in writing regarding their stay and have all of you sign and date it, with how long their stay will be and what's expected of them, include the agreed upon house rules.
Including funds - who's paying what, especially if it is just stating that your roommate will continue paying *set ammount* each month with friend A and friend B giving roommate *amount* as their share towards the *set amount*. Just gives you all that bit more protection should it all go up the swanny and it ending up in a small claims court.

It's a pain in the arse but do multipule copies, one for each of you. That way everyone has one to reffer back to.

I would suggest a communal toilet roll/bin bag fund as that's something you'll all use. It's pennies each plus it'll stop that whole thing of who's turn is it to buy loo roll as no one's bought any.

Atsukami

Old 06-16-2018, 06:39 PM

Thanks guys, The lease agreement won't get us in trouble for this as i had to go through it before for this sort of reason. I seen a lease that would get me in trouble for this reason from a different apparntment so i know what to look for. (Also when we told them 3 people were living here they only gave us two leases, as we got two keys)

I could always double check since we do want then out at said time.

I know vocal agreements are most likely void. But im fine with that for the guys, just to understand rules that are also hopefully Common Sense.

But it was always a motion in set that my roommate was going to move out, she doesn't like the city much, she never stayed in it long. I think the most contract i can get is her signing the lease over to my bf even if it's a month earlier as it has a set date for them to leave.

The only thing i can see going sour, is that it doesn't work with her boyfriend. Since even he can stay at his work for the night (bunk), he is spending every night with her. Especially because this is them trying to fix things and see if they will have a future together.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-16-2018, 08:57 PM

Just a thought but it might be a good idea to ask her what she'll be taking with her when she leaves, like regarding any furniture, if she'll take it all in one go or if she'll come back for anything. If she's coming back it'll be best to have a fixed date for any left to be taken by.

Atsukami

Old 06-16-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIM_ROCK View Post
Just a thought but it might be a good idea to ask her what she'll be taking with her when she leaves, like regarding any furniture, if she'll take it all in one go or if she'll come back for anything. If she's coming back it'll be best to have a fixed date for any left to be taken by.
She actually doesn't have much here. She knows she isn't taking her mattress, to much work. She has her clothes and art canvases that she will probably just put to her parents home. She has two game systems a popcorn maker and a frying pan,a extra cutlery set, pretty much verry little. Everything else is mine and my boyfriend's . She is going to get her mom to ship out some boxes that she wants to where she will be.

She had her other job/life style of being a carnie for more than a few years, maybe longer, only came into the city no more than 2 months here and there.

She has been actively making plans to move at the time she had mentioned,from the start. (The winter is hell here with this old building)

Things can still change with said plan about the other staying, until then i know so far her and ber bf are fine.

Right now I'm more worried about my roomate making the accusations of me being rude, and she being ignorant

, because i can't talk to her other girl friend anymore because i made a comment about a tamagotchi because i love them, and apparently it was rude. And instead of letting me explain what it was about she closed her door.
Over a toy. Mhm

Last edited by Atsukami; 06-16-2018 at 11:05 PM..

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 06-18-2018, 01:24 PM

It's probably just an accumlilation of things that's come to a head over something silly. Best to let her cool off and not make a big deal of it.