Old 12-10-2019, 08:13 AM

girlbot9: I love your avi too!

Carn: haha and then people can say "Hay! It's a Carn Barn!"

KushyKissez
♤♡Kushy Quinn♢...

Old 12-11-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wrong View Post
I want you to know that I am totally trolling you right now.
*sings out of tune* Lips like sugar...kushy kissez...

You want drama? Let's watch some Mexican soaps. *breaks out with the nachos supreme * You can have the jalapenos.
Haha hello Mr.Wrong i wouldnt mind if people trolled like this xD i love nachos but you can keep the jalapenos they're too hot for me xD .. i love your avatar so cute.. im tired of lookin at mine i want to change her and make her pretty :/

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-18-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I mean, yes, I'm grateful it is still up. But I would almost rather be told, "sorry guys, mene is closing" instead of, "oh, we will fix it...eventually. just hang on." 2...years....later.... lol
I kind of agree with this. Especially because then should someone want to, they could buy and try to revive mene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion Uzuki View Post
Yeah, if it's hosted on a server he's paying for that hosts other things, it's probably not too big a deal. Hosting is really super cheap these days if you're not using a lot of resources. I'm using cloud hosting for my own sites and projects and I only pay $7 a month for it with daily backups, and going up to a higher plan isn't all that pricey if I needed to.

Since Mene only has a few people online a day and not much else going on, it's probably not demanding the bandwidth and resources it once did, back when it was advertised on TekTek and there were hundreds online.

So it's likely that yeah, it may be ignored or forgotten about. :/

Hmm... I'm going to try digging around and see if there's any way to get in contact elsewhere. I'm not having much luck since mene is using Cloudflare.

I'd honestly be willing to see if there's anything I can do to help fix mene and get it working again, maybe attempt to modernize it (mobile first, see if there's anything I can do with the games). I unfortunately don't have the funds to purchase it. ;-; I can't really guarantee I can even fix the problems, but I'd be willing to try.
If you should ever be able to get ahold of Inso just let me know. I've been meaning to discuss buying Mene off of him, though I don't know what that would cost to him.

I was thinking the same thing actually. Mobile is definitely the way to go to revive mene. Us older folk just dont have as much time to use a computer anymore and the mobile browser mode is a pain. That's part of why I mostly talk in the mene discord rather than on mene.

@ Carn - You farm!?!
I've been meaning to start a garden myself. I have 1.6 acres of land I live on, so I really need to get around to using it somehow. My front yard is currently a wildlife tracking system. I have 3 cameras in the forested areas in my front yard.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-20-2019, 07:48 AM

I am also interested in contributing to buying / maintaining Mene. I think we should all have a serious discussion about it (here/discord) actually.
My personal timeline is 7-8 months out from now I'll have the time available to invest in a project like this.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-20-2019, 04:05 PM

I've had that serious discussion many times, as I have had the intention of buying Menewsha for over a year now. My issue is I can't get ahold of Inso. So any discussions have a permanent road block. Especially until I can determine what it would cost to buy it off of Inso. If it's not too expensive I can afford it right now.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-25-2019, 03:38 AM

The current state of menewsha is... There's a mini event going! Head on over to the event Forum and check it out!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-25-2019, 03:23 PM

Awwww yisssss!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-25-2019, 03:51 PM

Here's hoping Mene can bounce back.

SatiricalQueen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2019, 06:31 AM

If someone buys this place and actually gets it back up to it's previous glory, then heck... Maybe it'd have a chance.
Really sad that still no updates on what is goin on. And every time I log in there's a new bug. =\ Yikes.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-30-2019, 06:53 AM

well there's no new updates because there is nothing new since the last time :/ we're just kind of at a stalemate but with a lot less items available to us :( at least the main function still works and of course single pose items... and each other!

SatiricalQueen
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-30-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
well there's no new updates because there is nothing new since the last time :/ we're just kind of at a stalemate but with a lot less items available to us :( at least the main function still works and of course single pose items... and each other!
Fair. Just, like with others, it'd be cool if someone who had the know-how and time could buy the site and patch it up. Start getting new items churning again, some excitement, more people.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatiricalQueen View Post
If someone buys this place and actually gets it back up to it's previous glory, then heck... Maybe it'd have a chance.
Really sad that still no updates on what is goin on. And every time I log in there's a new bug. =\ Yikes.
Too right :/ We are doing what we can without Inso though! It's a little tougher and its forced us to change our moderation strategies a bit but we're making it work :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatiricalQueen View Post
Fair. Just, like with others, it'd be cool if someone who had the know-how and time could buy the site and patch it up. Start getting new items churning again, some excitement, more people.
But yes. I share your sentiments here. Avatar sites are a dying breed it seems but dang it all if I don't know they won't come back in the future years. Look at the 80s! Everyone is getting all nostalgic for the 80s in super hero movies right now! XD Be stalwart in your loyalty to the site and it may yet pop back! :P

---------- Post added 12-30-2019 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
And yeah! Gosh darn Linnea is totally right

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-30-2019 at 08:16 AM..

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-30-2019, 09:09 AM

Guys were getting into the rawring 20s and if my memories serve right, avatar sites/forums were beginning to bloom around the scene days of '07. We might be in for a revival :p

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-31-2019, 02:08 PM

Hallelujah!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-01-2020, 08:39 PM

Seeing as the avatar/forum/pet site of dappervolk will officially launch in May of this year, I think you’re correct. It’s going to be a very popular site..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-01-2020, 09:55 PM

oh i haven't heard of that one. interesting name

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-05-2020, 06:07 AM

Linnea: do you have a Pantheon account? most of us are over there and it's pretty nice. I still miss Mene being working and active but it's still a cool alternative and people are really nice. It opened last june

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-05-2020, 02:09 PM

A few of us are on Voltra too. Pantheon’s avatar system scares me. XD But it’s a lot more customizable.

R u b y

Old 01-06-2020, 01:22 AM

It's tricky to get the hang of but once you do it's glorious haha

---------- Post added 01-05-2020 at 09:25 PM ----------

I just joined Voltra too lol. No idea what I'm doing but my name is Ruby lol

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-08-2020, 04:07 PM

I feel like the odd one out...I've never heard of Pantheon and I joined voltra, but never really found my niche there, so I quit it a couple years ago.
If anyone desperately needs to find me outside of here, I'm pretty much only on Trisphee.
XD

R u b y

Old 01-08-2020, 11:12 PM

Pantheon just opened up last June haha

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-08-2020, 11:21 PM

So...I was gonna make an account to check it out, but every time I try, it highlights the username box with red text like I'm putting something wrong in there, but doesn't tell me what I did wrong. Is it a thing where usernames can be letters and numbers only, no spaces? Because I'm getting frustrated with the site and haven't even been able to make an account yet.

R u b y

Old 01-09-2020, 12:42 AM

I don't think spaces are allowed, no. try it without it and see if it works

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-09-2020, 01:52 AM

Got it. Is there some kind of newbie guide for how to do...everything? Trying to set up a starter avi on there and I am confused af.

R u b y

Old 01-09-2020, 01:55 AM

Yes there's guides for all kinds of stuff under the guides forum. It's on the front of the forums tab.
It's really confusing at first but you get the hang of it.