The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-12-2014, 10:21 PM

I wish I could have helped, but I can't really spend right now :(
Plus the unfamiliar site made me a bit nervous...

I want you as my music teacher... =.=
All we got were these stupid plastic Reeds... worst. instrument. ever.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-12-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
The Wandering Poet: - it IS expensive, isn't it? And that's just for four instruments. But with the four instruments, I could probably get all my kids ALL on instruments while we play. Granted, some would still be sharing...but there wouldn't be any sitting out with these four instruments! So I'm going to really work hard for this!

hummy: - I LOVE it! Thank you! Sorry for the late reply :( I am going crazy right now. I'm getting my kids ready for the All-County Music Festival next Friday....my Kindergarten through 2nd graders ready for their Family Day Performance for their families next Thursday....getting the 6th grade middle school feeder chain concert field trip set up...pixeling like a madwoman....trying to get homework done...and trying to not get sick D:

I seem to have stalled a bit...after that last donation of 100...we have had nothing new D:

i figurged you'd be going crazy this week.
so no worries, when you have time.

i know, i poke it every day.
i have let everyone i know, know about it.
they all are hopeful for you and your kids.
i wonder if you could cancel it and do another
ya know, instrument by instrument or something?
i know that everyone gets their donation back if y'all don't reach your goal.
but May is a really long way away to come up with nothing from all of this, huh?
i always do a little research when i use a site, no offense, i totally trust Maria to pieces
charity lokie look
they have a higher rating than iMentor and adopt-a-classroom, both of which i have heard of and donated to.
i think it was a very good choice, Maria, but maybe just a smaller goal next time.
by then i am hoping your kids families will be frequent donators to your projects!
positive hummy is very hopeful!

Last edited by hummy; 02-12-2014 at 10:35 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-23-2014, 12:29 PM

Maria did you need any event commons?
good luck with your kiddo's!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-08-2014, 04:10 PM

We are halfway there for my project! :) I think we can definitely get it done in 2.5 months!

and I managed to get few commons :) Cora sent me some :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-09-2014, 08:44 AM

Project cost including donation to support DonorsChoose.org $2,244.41
13 donors -$1,075.12 To go $1,169.29

so happy and proud for and of you! you will do it!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-10-2014, 09:01 PM

Thank you hummy! I have such hope!! I feel like this is actually an achievable goal :)

ALSO - apparently for the next week, if we get a certain number of people to donate- we get credit/gift cards for our next projects:

THis: Friends and Family Challenge 2014

I just donated and posted all over my facebook and their forum :P

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-21-2014, 10:59 PM

March 21, 2014

It is FINALLY Spring Break! I am SO dead!! I definitely need this!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-23-2014, 06:29 AM

Teachers look forward to spring break as much as the students eh?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-23-2014, 12:08 PM

oh man i'm so sorry i missed this. =( i was having a really bad week and having such a hard time reading just about anything online. please ping me if there are ever any other promotions. (not that a ping would have helped this time, i'm sad to say but maybe next time)
i hope you did really well and got a lot of gift card/certificates for next project.
Quote:
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music.
Billy Joel

Quote:
Thank you hummy! I have such hope!! I feel like this is actually an achievable goal :)

ALSO - apparently for the next week, if we get a certain number of people to donate- we get credit/gift cards for our next projects:

THis: Friends and Family Challenge 2014

I just donated and posted all over my facebook and their forum :P

Last edited by hummy; 03-23-2014 at 12:11 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-23-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Teachers look forward to spring break as much as the students eh?
Poet - sometimes I think teachers look foward to Spring Break MORE than the students XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
oh man i'm so sorry i missed this. =( i was having a really bad week and having such a hard time reading just about anything online. please ping me if there are ever any other promotions. (not that a ping would have helped this time, i'm sad to say but maybe next time)
i hope you did really well and got a lot of gift card/certificates for next project.
Aww Hummy I'm so sad to hear that :( <333 I wish there was something I could do to help you <3 I hope you are feeling better soon! And thank you for the support again <3 We definitely love you hear and want you to feel better as soon as you can <3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM

March 24, 2014

I am headed back to my place today. I spent the weekend with my parents because it was my dad's birthday! It was nice to get away and relax! I got to see my family cats, Psycho and Eddie! I have missed them a lot!! Now back up to my apartment!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-25-2014, 04:31 AM

Yay for relaxing! :D

Oh? Teachers are eager too eh? Perhaps we should make a race... who gets out the door first

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Poet - sometimes I think teachers look foward to Spring Break MORE than the students XD

Aww Hummy I'm so sad to hear that :( <333 I wish there was something I could do to help you <3 I hope you are feeling better soon! And thank you for the support again <3 We definitely love you here and want you to feel better as soon as you can <3
*glomps you back* you are more than welcome for the support. i figured out if your thirteen donators *including yourself* each donated eighty dollars and sixty-seven cents you could have your students instruments!!
mene really has been a Godsend for me. i love you all, too

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Yay for relaxing! :D

Oh? Teachers are eager too eh? Perhaps we should make a race... who gets out the door first

Unfortunately the students get to leave first. But we were only a half hour behind them :P

Quote:
*glomps you back* you are more than welcome for the support. i figured out if your thirteen donators *including yourself* each donated eighty dollars and sixty-seven cents you could have your students instruments!!
mene really has been a Godsend for me. i love you all, too
I <3 you! I wish you all the luck in the world <3 I wish we were closer because if we were - I'd be able to know you in real life :D

That's not that bad actually! I know we can get there! I think I'm going to start putting flyers out around town :P

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-27-2014, 11:57 PM

March 27, 2014
Well...today i was supposed to hang out with a friend and I guess I didn't. But I got a lot of reading done! I've been slowly but surely making my way through the Game of Thrones series. But I stalled in the second book because of how busy I was with teaching and grad school. Finally finished that book and I'm about 200 pages into the third book now :D YAY! It's just so damn good!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 03-28-2014, 03:53 PM

March 28, 2014

I just got a call from a lady who was a professor of mine in college and has been a mentor ever since. She teachers elementary music in Orlando. She's been pushing for me to go get my Orff Level 1 Certification this summer (orff = instruments and would really be beneficial in the class) but the price of the class is about 1000 dollars which is insane. I don't qualify for the scholarships because I haven't been a member of the Orff Organization for two years yet. And my district does not have money to help me. So she just called me and said she wants to donate 300 dollars for me to use to help pay for the class. I'm a little flabbergasted by her generosity!! But that definitely helps me out!!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-01-2014, 09:40 PM

April 1, 2014

This summer is going to be a lot crazier than I thought it would be. If you don't know, I'm a music teacher. So I am lucky enough to have 2 whole months off during the summer while we are on Summer Break. I was going to spend those two weeks relaxing, doing homework (because I'm also getting my Masters Degree online), and pixeling.

But now my summer is looking a bit crazier than I thought it would be.

My birthday is May 31st which is the day after we get out of school. I'll be hanging out with my mom that day. Then June 2nd is my parents anniversary and will celebrate it with them. Then June 3-6 my boyfriend and I are planning on going on a vacation together.

Then the other day I got that call from my mentor saying she wants to donate 300 dollars for me to take that certification class. That will be 8:30-4:15 every week day from June 16-27.

AND THEN...I just got an email from my boss at the district level asking me if I wanted to join a curriculum writing team for music ed at the county level...I would get paid my full rate during that time...and it's supposed to be from June 16-27! D: :D D: :D I'm both happy and sad. Because I'm so honored that I was chosen - I looked at the list of chosen people and it's all teachers who have been with the county for at least a decade...and then me XD Plus getting PAID over the summer would be wonderful. But it's the SAME TIME AS MY CERTIFICATION CLASS!!! D: And I can't turn that down because my mentor is donating 300 DOLLARS for me to attend!!!

I hope there is a way to do both! But it sounds like I'm going to be busy :P

Plus pixeling and grad school stuff too!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-03-2014, 06:32 PM

Maybe if the writing team thing is in the evening you can do both?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-06-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Maybe if the writing team thing is in the evening you can do both?
I'm not sure - my boss at the county level still hasn't emailed me back. But the classes are every week day from 8:30-4:15...and it's an hour away...so I'm not sure if I could be much help at this point D:

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Tried asking your mentor what you should do?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Tried asking your mentor what you should do?
I don't have a mentor >.< D:

XD I was SUPPOSED to get one - a music teacher in the county - but never did D:

April 10, 2014

Feeling really happy and grateful and lucky to be in a great relationship today. :D I just lucked out!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-12-2014, 08:30 PM

Glad to hear you're enjoying life ^^

Sorry about the mentor thing, must have misread owo

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-18-2014, 01:55 PM

@Poet - thanks <3

April 18, 2014

I got a letter from my school yesterday that they would like to keep me on for next year :) That's a good feeling! Not a good feeling that I basically work year to year with no guarantee of a job for the next...but a good feeling that my school likes me :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-18-2014, 01:56 PM

at least this school has a brain!
congratulations 3rd year teacher!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-18-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:

at least this school has a brain!
congratulations 3rd year teacher!
Yes, finally a school with a brain! My school last year wanted to keep me - but I didn't want to keep them :P When I told the Principal I was looking for a job she said, "I'm going to pray you don't find one because we want you here" D:

Anyway - thank you hummy <3 I'm super excited to actually be at the SAME school next year - rather than have to start fresh...again XD