Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-08-2011, 03:08 AM

You know the drill.

Rinetteable is 1, Liztress is 2, maidenroseheart is 3, Shadami is 4, Shishunki is 5, Saravi Boo is 6, vgracebutterfly is 7, GwenaHikari is 8, PapillonCameo is 9, fairywaif is 10, NeuzaKC is 11 and Kitami is 12.

The 12-sided dice lands on 4

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2011, 03:09 AM

Oops, it looks like I lost my chance to participate in this round.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-08-2011, 03:36 AM

Part 11: Forest Thumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo View Post
Well that's that I suppose... My hopes of seeing the ship wreck are now officially dashed, since finding all my missing friends is imperative. Standing up drunkenly, I wave goodbye to Jablo, only to fall to the ground in a sleeping, drunken, heap. At least when I wake up the next morning everything's fine and dandy again. "Alright time to go, see ya later Jablo!" With that said I'm off to the woods again, but only after leaving a note behind telling the people in town where I went.
Heading towards the woods, you dust off the layer of dirt that seems to have embedded itself into your clothing after spending a night on Jablo's dirt floor. Perhaps you should have showered or at least changed clothes before leaving, but time is of the essence! You've already wasted 16 hours sleeping, you lazy bum.
As you walk into the forest, you notice that you're quite free of the shivers and shudders that plagued all who entered the woods yesterday. Was that plant the cause of that weird feeling? Did you truly kill it with your vom? Shouldn't I be using a narrative to answer questions, not ask them? Does this cut on my finger look infected to you?
I ought to mention that it's dark again. You were awake for the majority of yesterday night having your adventure, and you slept straight through today's daylight hours. You might miss the sun, but all this darkness is quite festive for the Halloween celebrations, and you needed to work on your anti-tan anyway.
So here you are, traipsing through the forest again, hoping to find your missing companions. You feel quite sure that you're again nearing the place where Mr. Mayor, Abel, and later you disappeared from, thanks to your ever-awesome sense of direction. You notice that it's getting harder to see... Wait, is your flashlight getting dimmer? Yep, sure is.
"No, no, no, no, no!" you yell at your flashlight. You point it up at your face and sure enough, the bulb is only just barely working now. You watch it fade out until it's nothing but a dim glow. You look around the darkness hopelessly... now what?
Stowing the dead flashlight in your backpack, you begin to wander blindly through the forest because, hey, that seems like a good and safe idea, right? Progress is slow going as you quite frequently find yourself tripping over roots and rocks, faceplanting in the dirt and having to get up again. It brings to mind that one song from the 90s, how did that one go? Oh... Oh, you're going to sing it... Okay then.
"I TRIP ON ROOTS! BUT I STAND UP AGAIN! YOU'RE NEVER GONNA TRIP ME, ROOTS!" You yell in a vaguely song-like way. "I TRIP ON ROCKS! BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! BECAUSE I'M NEVER GONNA TRIP ON ROCKS!" I don't think the song had that many syllables. "OHHHHH, LEAFY BUUUUSH, LEAFY BUUUSH!" You really should stop doing that. Half of you probably doesn't even know that song and this is getting out of control.
You're about to break into the second verse when you notice a light in the distance. Luckily, you can't immediately call to mind any songs about lights, so you're fairly quiet as you scramble towards it. As you near closer, you notice the light has a strange blue-green glow that you can't help but find a little creepy. After tripping about three more times, the source of the light becomes visible. Just passed the edge of the forest lies the bay and that creepy, ghostly glow you noticed yesterday night. The light itself is behind a large embankment of rocks, prohibiting you from seeing what exactly it is. You really ought to look for Mr. Mayor and Abel, but... what if they're down there? What if ghosts have them? Or... Or what if you're just bored of this and you're looking for some way to get out of rescuing Abel and the mayor? Because you need to find them, you know.

What will you do?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2011, 03:41 AM

Wait, hoooold everything! What ever happened to Fluffy??? Maybe that light is him! Wait...maybe not. Though my head is muddled by too much sleep and the consumption of presumably toxic things the night before something tells me that light looks familiar and it's too bright to be Fluffy anyway. Still it's the only thing around so I wander in that direction.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-08-2011 at 04:01 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-08-2011, 03:42 AM

Keep in mind that you saw the light yesterday night, before your adventure began, while Fluffy was still at home with Abel.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-08-2011, 03:56 AM

Oh, my bad. V_V

----------

Alright, it should be fixed now.

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 04:30 AM

I head toward the light; Fluffy was a bright ball of light and he was pretty cool! Walking with care, I head towards the blue-green light. "Hmm hmm hmm, We'll be singing, while we're winning...hmm hmm"

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-08-2011, 04:54 AM

You think to yourself "Screw it! I'm a hooch lovin', potion chuggin', Mayor thrustin', and above all bad singer. This day has been so batsheeet insane, and my actions have been so illogical- yet survivable- I don't really think anything I do is going to work well."
So you just keep walking, yelling "Oi! Abel!", "Yo, Mr. Mayor! Get your ever lovin' turnips out here!", and "Come out come out where ever you arrrgh!" Cause you decided to pretend to be a pirate until you found them. Makes as much sense as the rest of the day.

(....Shi broke a chunk of the forth wall. Shi also made reference to sillyness of costume thread =w= Night night)

Kokoro chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-08-2011, 05:07 AM

(Chumbawamba, FTW lol.)
I look at the light for a while before I decide, what the heck, I'm not getting anywhere fast finding the others, I should at least check out every possibility. I start walking toward the light, now fully alert after the drink that Jablo gave me, and then quite a refreshing snooze. I creep forward, my eyes darting everywhere not seeing anything in the pitch darkness but might as well pretend I can see things sneaking up on me. I step forward and suddenly my feet are over my head as I trip over a small root. "FARTS AND DARTS!" I scream as I tumble, completely losing all semblance of sneakery. After spitting the grass out of my mouth I resume my approach of the light, now much less preoccupied with remaining hidden.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 AM

Also! I should mention that if I'm not able to post the final story update before the event ends tomorrow, the final chapter will be posted in Community Discussion along with an announcement of who won prizes. In the mean time, continue posting your story suggestions! And if you have any feedback on the game itself, please feel free to leave that here so I can make this even better in the future. :)

I miiiiight consider doing another adventure during non-event times if enough people would be willing to actively participate.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 11-08-2011 at 05:25 AM..

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-08-2011, 05:25 AM

How did Cherry's novel writing for the month go so far?

Shi is very amused that, not in NaNo or Mene writing contest; Shi still wrote story for Mene. X3 Power of well run event I guess.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 AM

I had to abandon NaNo, sadly. I'm just not quite ready for it, and running this was taking up any creative energy I might have had. I'd like to try next year, though. Hopefully I'll be able to plan a bit further ahead so I can come up with a story that inspires me more than the one I tried to do this year.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM

I yell "fluffy!" Excitedly and scramble over and around the rocks to greet him excitedly. Using no caution whatsoever except in where I'm placing my feet.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 AM

Well it was a very ambitious goal. I admire you for even trying.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 AM

I eye the light with caution before inching closer. Last thing I want to do is trip and land on the light. What if it's a ghost? Or Fluffy?! Abel would kill me if I hurt Fluffy.

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:07 AM

I creep forward bravely. After the night I had I figure not much can surprise me. That light might be priate ghosts or someone roasting weenies on a creepy blue-green flame. Either way it is better than stumbling around in the dark. That certainly isn't helping me find anyone. Maybe the creepy light is portable. Maybe I'll find some unclaimed hooch like I was hoping to before all this mess started. Maybe everyone will be at the creepy weenie roast and I won't need to look for them anymore. Maybe ghosts will carry me off and I'll never be seen again. I pause for a moment at that thought before pressing on with a shake of my head. "At least then the fangirls won't be able to lynch me for misplacing the mayor."

It's been great fun Cherry! Thanks so much for doing this. ^_^ I hope to see this game at the next event (if not sooner).

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 AM

As the night couldn't be any better or worse than its already been. And I still need to find all those missing people. I run unflinchingly toward the light, hoping to find them ("them" mainly meaning Mr. Mayor and Abel, after all who really cares about the others.) And If I'm really lucky, maybe the light will be treasure or something else interestingly valuable to boot.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM

You haven't found anything else so far... so you sneak down there. You turn off your pretty much dead flashlight, maybe it can be used as a weapon?

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Alright, that's it. Curiosity has brought me nothing but trouble so far (hehe, butt) and I need Mr. Mayor. I mean, I don't even know how to get out of here! What if that light is really a Hinkypunk? No no, no spirit thing is going to trick me, no sir!... Oh, a floating doughnut... Wait, what? Stop that! I am going to find Mr. Mayor if it's the last thing I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
I miiiiight consider doing another adventure during non-event times if enough people would be willing to actively participate.
Please do! Pretty please! Oh please oh please oh please! I loved these so far, they're so interesting!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Yay! lol I got picked for this round. XD

After wandering around in the dark with bruises growing on... Well let's not say anything about where those bruises are and say we did. Anyway, after stumbling about I give up and decide to move towards this creepy looking place. Seems like Abel, Mr.Mayor and everyone else aren't in the forest so maybe they followed the scary floating orb of light too.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
I would love that! And we could make it even CRAZIER then. Also, we could take turns being the main character for different games so Cherry wouldn't have to always be the amazingly funny MC.

sidrabutterfly
Infinitely odd

Old 11-08-2011, 03:45 PM

I ran laps during elementary school to that song, which now that I'm older I realize that it was kind of inappropriate...

Also I would love to do this again, if you have the time!

----------

"I've gotten this far there is no turning back now!" You say out loud trying to pump yourself up. It's not really working so you just finish off your bottle of hooch instead. Fortified you start towards the light. You've taken down monster trees, you can do anything! Because you are now drunk, but still scared you start singing again to stead your nerves. "YOU, LIGHT UP MY LIFE. YOU, LIGHT UP MY LIFE." You sing to the light, but you don't actually know the rest of the song so stop singing as you get closer. "I need more hooch." You mutter to yourself.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-08-2011, 04:14 PM

I scrunch my eyebrows together. The glow...where did I see it before... something to do with Hooch? Or is it that my memories being fogged by the hooch? I shake my head. Still, that light. It's so enticing. I feel like a moth as I stumble towards it. My vision is blurry but I swear I can see some sort of ship...

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 11-08-2011, 06:31 PM

Gotta get caught up on this.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 PM

I head to the bay! That's where I wanted to go in the first place, I believe, though my memories are fogged a bit. The others can handle themselves (hopefully) or heck, maybe they're down there already and I can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.
Besides, I remember being excited about the possibility of hooch down there, and creepy light or no creepy light, I'm going for that.

...I think I might have a problem....

-----
This was SO much fun Cherry! I hope you can do it again!