Bani
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 PM

I am really into the Yaoi/BL scene. I'm excited for everything that's going to be coming out too.

Adderly
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Adderly

Old 03-09-2007, 03:49 AM

I am in love with Yaoi. How can you not be? I haven't been following any real collection of manga or anything. The closest to that would be Ouran, which I've only watched the anime of. :] I like to read them and sometimes sift through them. A lot are from that one girly site they sell from. Yaoimanga or something.com. xD

demonicpumpkin
n/a
Send a message via MSN to demonicpumpkin

Old 03-09-2007, 05:01 AM

It's nice to see a little "community" of us BL lovers on here.
I think I'll be here often. x3

Lord Atma
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 03-09-2007, 05:13 AM

When I read the first post in this thread, my eyes did a split-second search and I saw "bitch" somewhere, but I couldn't find it actually there.

SUBLIMINAL?

Edit: On topic, erm. Yaoi is all right. I am a straight male and don't look at Yaoi on my own time, but it does do the trick in turning me on to some degree.

Adderly
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Adderly

Old 03-09-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Atma
When I read the first post in this thread, my eyes did a split-second search and I saw "bitch" somewhere, but I couldn't find it actually there.

SUBLIMINAL?

Edit: On topic, erm. Yaoi is all right. I am a straight male and don't look at Yaoi on my own time, but it does do the trick in turning me on to some degree.
Hahaha! I remember that ninja Yaoi manga I have that I made you read. ;]

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-09-2007, 09:26 AM

I used to be so crazy about this fandom, honestly. I still love it now, but not as much anymore. I used to buy quite a bit of the yaoi games, too, though one of my favorites is still love Gakuen Heaven (the game). The characters there are cool! Even though I don't really understand, through trial and error, I got all endings XD <3

Yuu Higuri is absolutely one of my favorite artists! Her art and stories are almost always so engaging/interesting to me. "Seimaden" got me into her stuff XD;

I also like some of Kodaka Kazuma's stuff. Kizuna was okay, but I think I liked her "Midare Samenashii"? I know I butchered that title so badly and so sorry if that's the case ^^;;; But it's the story with the masochistic red-haired samurai and his relationships with the enemy and his brother ;___; So sad and beautiful! I really recommend this one.

My favorite fandom for doujinshi is still Final Fantasy 7. I love VincentxCloud, SephirothxVincent pairing a lot <3

ItoMaki
n/a
Send a message via MSN to ItoMaki

Old 03-09-2007, 11:55 AM

I'm not really into yaoi manga, so I don't know You Higuri or Sakurai Shushushu or any of them big mangaka...but I do like Takanaga Hinako's stuff. Her Bukiyou na Silent and Liberty Liberty are my favourites! XD

As for doujinshi, I'm a big fan of FFVII stuff, particularly Zack/Cloud, especially from the doujinshi circle Yubinbasya, and I also like the Harry Potter doujinshi from Shisinden's circle (Sirius/Remus), and um....Fullmetal Alchemist doujinshi from the Idea doujinshi circle (Roy/Ed, Al/Ed).

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-10-2007, 12:08 PM

@ Bani:
That's cool! Which media do you follow more, anime or manga?

@ demonicpumpkin:
Yes! Stay and join us!^^ The more the merrier!

@ Adderly:
*hugs* Wow! I didn't expect you to post here! <3
Ouran Host Club is a total fujoshi's bait! XD I love the Hitachin twins! Haven't finish watching the anime though...
If you would like to try to know more about some doujinshi or manga, Aesthetism is a good start.

@ Lord Atma:
Don't butcher my name! XD
Actually it seems quite common lately to find straight male liking yaoi, 4-5 of my male friends also like to read yaoi manga too.

@ shosho:
That's yaoi fan-power for you to be able to finish a game with foreign language. :lol: Have you try watching the anime of Gakuen Heaven?

Midare Somenishi? I can't remember the correct spelling too at the moment ^^; But I like that manga, still with her old drawing style, and Kazuma Kodaka's other short manga too....Seems like she has abandon Kizuna though? >_> It was so long I almost couldn't remember the character's names except Kei, Ranmaru, Kai and his Masa-something. ^^;;

Seimaiden & Ludwid II are my favorites among You Higuri's works too! Like who can resist the charm of Zaldy x Tetyus angsty love drama? XD

@ ItoMaki:
You have great taste for good artists there. :D
Yubinbasha & Idea have great record of gorgeous works. <3

I've been following Takanaga Hinako too and long before she started to become a mangaka. ^_^ Her drawing and stories are realy good.
To be honest, I prefer her doujinshi than her manga, but maybe I'm just bias because her doujinshi is precious to me. :lol:

Shinshiden is also a great choice! Got to remember adding them to the list. Have you try their doujinshi from other fandom. All of them are great. My favorite was their Slayers doujinshi. >v<

XD Luckily I copy paste this reply to a safe place before the downtime...<3

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2007, 12:26 PM

i like the genre, though i haven't found any that I like lately... so I read BL mostly for the arts these days... XD

cool thread, btw <3

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-10-2007, 09:38 PM

i've seen nearly half the anime in that list.
Gravitation is one of my faves

Tsuki_No_Miko
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 PM

Hmmm I do have to say I really like the Loveless manga and Eerie Qeerie manga

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2007, 09:59 PM

I havent seen Loveless manga. Saw the anime though. It was ... enjoyable.

Most BL stuffs light read these days are one-shots or short stories.

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-11-2007, 08:09 AM

@ light:
Thank you. ^^
I usually like light and short storie too, but often there are long bl manga that's very nice to follow, like Koori no Mamono no Monogatari (KnMnM).

@ Kongouseki:
To be honest I've only watch half of the whole Gravitation episodes, so I don't know what's the ending in that anime version like.

@ Tsuki_No_Miko:
Eerie Querie? XD I've read that funny manga before. Although I wish the mangaka would have created more books and not just end it on the 4th book. ^^;

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM

I'm waiting to see Loveless until more of the discs come out. I don't want to get involved in a halfway-released series!

I just saw Sukisho last week, and it was really pretty and started out really interestingly. I almost wished there was more relationship content than what it actually had. I felt the story wrapped up far too quickly and didn't address what I wanted it to address! This calls for fanfic.

I think part of my fascination with yaoi is that the guys look almost like girls anyway, and they're all so pretty. I agree with Deji, the girls are annoying, squeaky, and completely fluffy and useless. At least the guys have some character depth to them. It also makes the story a little more interesting, IMO.

I admit I'm a fan of anime, not manga, so I haven't read any manga, either.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Yes! Someone agrees with me! :D

Case in point...let's say...Ban Midou from "Get Backers". Now, it's pretty implied that Ban MAY like a girl named Himiko who is a total bitch who tried to kill them all. {WTF?} Now, GINJI, Ban's partner, on the other hand, never tries to hurt Ban EVER. {unless you consider fighting over food "a vicious battle"...} Himiko makes me soooo mad because she's soooo annoying yet she's almost "stealing" Ban from Ginji. AND GINJI NEEDS TO MAKE OUT WITH BAN-CHAN RIGHT NOW, BISH!

But anywho, in this scenario, I'm not jealous of Ban because I prefer Ginji, and Himiko taking Ban would make him "available" in a sense. However, in a series like Cyborg 009, whereas the hottie, Joe, is basically taken by the useless girl, 003. UGH! D<<< It made me SO jealous, I couldn't even stand it. I would bash 003 senselessly because she just seemed to BE there so that Joe had a girlfriend. Dx I WANTED JOE!

Which is why I ship unreasonable pairings, since the manga-kas need to stop making Mary-Sues. D< If they're both guys, I have NO problem whatsoever with them making-out and whatnot, because if I like both of them, what does it hurt? XD <333 It keeps my rabid jealousy at bay and keeps me sane. :D

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-11-2007, 07:18 PM

I would like to agree with you further, but I've never seen Get Backers, so all I can do is nod like I know what you're talking about! D:

However, in general, there seems to be a trend of that. I wish they would choose different voice actors, as half the time the heroines are either breathy and ineffectual and sound about six years old, or are shrill and tend to burst my eardrums. I'd much rather hear male voices!

Or yes, give them heroines who are worthy of being heroines, and not just the token girly girl. Of course, the token girly boy is usually the alternative, but at least it's an unusual and somewhat interesting alternative.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachesia
I would like to agree with you further, but I've never seen Get Backers, so all I can do is nod like I know what you're talking about! D:

However, in general, there seems to be a trend of that. I wish they would choose different voice actors, as half the time the heroines are either breathy and ineffectual and sound about six years old, or are shrill and tend to burst my eardrums. I'd much rather hear male voices!

Or yes, give them heroines who are worthy of being heroines, and not just the token girly girl. Of course, the token girly boy is usually the alternative, but at least it's an unusual and somewhat interesting alternative.
XD JUST KEEPING NODDING, M'KAY? XD

Yes, the girl voices make me want to SCREAM. Or maybe I like guys too much. {Is that possible???} As for that, yes, make the heroines as actual human beings who are like...not big-boobed with blonde hair and whatnot. UGH.

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch
@ shosho:
That's yaoi fan-power for you to be able to finish a game with foreign language. :lol: Have you try watching the anime of Gakuen Heaven?

Midare Somenishi? I can't remember the correct spelling too at the moment ^^; But I like that manga, still with her old drawing style, and Kazuma Kodaka's other short manga too....Seems like she has abandon Kizuna though? >_> It was so long I almost couldn't remember the character's names except Kei, Ranmaru, Kai and his Masa-something. ^^;;

Seimaiden & Ludwid II are my favorites among You Higuri's works too! Like who can resist the charm of Zaldy x Tetyus angsty love drama? XD
Hahah, well, I understand a little bit of japanese, but the kanjis always kill me x____x;;; I've watched the first two episodes of Gakuen Heaven, but honestly, anime has kind of lost its appeal to me ;___; I mean, I still like them, but I haven't really followed anything lately.

I think I'm quite picky when it comes to the yaoi genre nowadays. Like, not just any pairing (as long as they're hot and bishounen) would do. I think I saw an episode of "Kiss me to Papa"? That doesn't sound right. I think I might've butchered the title again XD; It's about this boy, who has a relationship with his "father" but turns out he wasn't his real father so it's okay? Or something like that. I don't know. A lot of them are becoming too generic for me, unfortunately.

Oh, Kizuna's ended already, right? I don't even really know. @_@;; My straight brother loves Masa and Kai pairing XD He followed it more than I did lol.

My goodness... Tetyus and Zaldy ;____; I really liked them together. But I really like Lauress/Lawless? (dang, it's been a long time XD;;; sorry lol). Such a "cool" character XD

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-14-2007, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosho

I also like some of Kodaka Kazuma's stuff. Kizuna was okay, but I think I liked her "Midare Samenashii"? I know I butchered that title so badly and so sorry if that's the case ^^;;; But it's the story with the masochistic red-haired samurai and his relationships with the enemy and his brother ;___; So sad and beautiful! I really recommend this one.

Oh my goodness...someone actually knows about this series besides me. XD

This is funny because...it was the first yaoi I read, I think? I was downloading scanlations because I couldn't go to the comic book shop for awhile. And I reckoned it was going to be like Kenshin or something, so I got it. Surprise surprise! I was so shocked since I wasn't actually sure what yaoi was (nor did I heed ANY warnings XD) and I actually wasn't too sure what exactly homosexuality was either. (I was...what...16? A very, very sheltered child...in fact, I pretty much still am on a lot of other matters ^^; )

I actually didn't continue reading it after seeing the first sight of...men unclothed. XD Then about a couple years later (tell me why it was still on my computer? :P) when I had weaned myself onto the genre by getting into some boys love and softer titles, I read it. And I have to agree...it's so sad. T_T I still don't understand the end though. ^^;

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM

@ ToriKat: YAY! XD <3 Aww.. I didn't really get exposed to yaoi until I was... probably 17? 18? XD; something like that hahaha.

Ou, you still don't understand the end of Midare? :o I'm no expert, but if you want, ask me through PM (so no spoilers XD)? I'll see if I can help you? :o I kind of forgot some of it, too TAT;;; I got the original japanese tankoubon at first hahah... and was trying to understand as best as I can (with my limited japanese and super limited kanji knowledge x_x) and then I accidentally found the translation online~ I don't remember if I still have the translation though TAT; but yeah.. I understood then. Was a few years ago though XD;

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2007, 12:25 AM

XD I've been into yaoi for such a long time~ I usually read yaoi manga once a day to once a week...For some reason I really like a lot of the stories, the art, and the pr0n of course~ I mostly stick to mangaka that I know and that I've grown to love. Haruka Minami is my all time favorite mangaka, but there's a bunch of others that I like as well...I can' treally think of the names right now, but yea...lots that I love

In terms of like slashing/doujin/fandom pairings I don't really have any that I like...besides RebornxLambo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn~

neko79
*^_^*

Old 03-20-2007, 09:00 AM

aha...
definitely yaoi
i will be lying if i say i am not into it
hehe XP
isit safe to talk about yaoi here though? O+o..

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-08-2007, 05:12 PM

• Oops! I was sick for weeks and when come back I almost forgot abou this thread. ^^;; Sorry.

About Get Backers, I thought it's obvious that they missnamed the title? Shouldn't it supposed to be Gay Backers? XD
    I remember when interviewed one of the anime's production staff (the director ?) said that there's no bl in Get Backers and that Ginji and Ban were only having a pretty close male bonding relationship....Yeah, riiight. :roll:

@ Lachesia:
    Lately I've move on from pretty and frail uke to the more rough & manly types. Maybe that's why I also still haven't really touch loveless. ^^;;

@ shosho:
    No I think Kizuna still hasn't end...If it does, I really need to read that last chapeter. I'm really curious about how Kazuma Kodaka would wrap the relationship of Masa & Kai.

I like Zaldy because his character's developement really growing so fast, making him into a much better and more likeable character during the whole stories. ^.^=

@ khiro:
    A Reborn fan! I actually in the middle of Reborn craze right now!
    I'm more of Hayato-centric fan actually. XD
    He's such a stylish moe uke, I would LOVE to see him in a loose kimono, but so far I've only saw one japanese fan art of Gokudera in kimono.
    I find it very funny on hoe where ever Gukudera might be, Yamato would eventually bound to show up and tag along. XD So much love for the smoking bomber!

@ neko79:
    I think it's ok as long as we're not being to vulgar or hardcore whan talking about it...^^;;

neko79
*^_^*

Old 04-09-2007, 05:58 AM

i think for getbackers
it may be that the mangaka has a tendency for BL XP
so well the production team may not have it but the mangaka has :P
Go look at getbackers artbook XP
hahah

Envy
*^_^*

Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 AM

I can help populate the Yaoi manga list. xD;