Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2015, 03:26 AM

tunnel that resembled something dug by a giant mole. Light globes hung on the tops of the walls, but it was still very dark and dirty. The path went on for some ways, but the girl could see it branch out into two different directions. She turned to the fairy who glowed in it's own pink light. "Welcome to the great underground system of Azernan. Take the right tunnel to reach the valley of broken dreams and new promises, or the left to...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-06-2015, 12:51 PM

... Siberia." The girl and the cow looked at her incredulously, but she was serious. The fairy didn't look like a liar, but the girl was still wary of her. To be honest, this whole ordeal was pretty strange. It felt like one of her daydreams, but it was more life-like. She looked between the two tunnels, and decided to take the tunnel to...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2015, 07:43 PM

the right. Neither sounded like a good option right now, but at least the right side sounded less scary because she had no idea what that place would look like. She saw pictures of Siberia in a book once. Totally uncool. "So um...are you going to come with me?" she asked the fairy, but she'd already left. So the girl crept forward with the cow at her side. Before long, she came to a...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-06-2015, 09:06 PM

... hall of mirrors. It looked like the kind you would see at the carnival, but these mirrors were different. Each of the mirrors reflected her face and body, but in a different outfit or different time. She looked in the mirror and saw herself dressed in a blood red gown, silver buckle shoes on her feet. Another mirror and she saw herself as an old woman. Her reflection that she saw in the other ones showed her in her teenage years, and she looked quite pretty. Her reflection seemed to be the only one that was changing; Moonshine's reflection didn't change at all. For some reason, that disturbed the girl. The temperature was somewhat cozy and nice, and soon the stead and the girl stopped in the middle of the hall to rest. As soon as she started to drift off to sleep...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-08-2015, 05:20 AM

a song started. It was a beautiful melody. At first, she couldn't understand the words, but as she fell further into sleep, they became clear. "Many faces and many choices. Many different paths to take. To the right or the left or maybe around in circles--it's up to you." The girl realized that even in her dreams, she was surrounded by the mirrors. Except now, they looked like doorways. All the dozen versions of herself stared back and as if pulled by unbidden strings, she started toward...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-16-2015, 02:51 PM

... the one that was her in a beautiful blue dress. It was an older version of herself, maybe in her twenties or so. She was busy staring at her older self that she wasn't aware that her legs were walking towards that mirror. All of a sudden, she heard a loud shrill shriek, waking Moonshine up and scaring her. The girl calmed her cow down, the shrieking dying down a little bit, but it was still loud. She looked toward the mirror that she was just walking towards and saw herself...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-17-2015, 12:36 AM

Begin to rot away until only a smiling skeleton was left behind. The girl let out a loud yell and Moonshine reared up to smash her hooves into the mirror. It shattered and she squeezed her eyes shut against the rain of broken glass. But no shards hit her. The girl open her eyes and all the mirrors had vanished. Instead she found herself in a dark cavern, empty except for...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-17-2015, 02:06 AM

... the elf council, sitting around something like a round table. Her and Moonshine were seated right smack in the middle of a pit, the beady eyes of the elves staring down into them. "I told you all this was a bad idea! We had to use up all of cherchye (cher-shay) energy to get that girl out of that stupid faerie portal!" The elf that had been skeptical about them earlier yelled. There was an uproar of agreement before an elder stood up and shushed the increasingly rowdy crowd. "Listen, everyone. I know that the arrival of this girl has only caused problems, but we need for this race! If we get rid of her now, more of us are going to be sucked into that stupid faerie portal, as our council member here eloquently described." He persuaded, motioning to the angry, red-faced man. The girl and her cow were stunned, and didn't know what to say until...

*Cherchye - the energy of the elven world. Only accessible through elf territory, it is used as normal power and as a powerful anti-faerie drug when used in large quantites*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-17-2015, 03:30 AM

Moonshine surprised them all. The cow stepped forward and spoke. "I'm terribly sorry for all of this mess. If you'll just give us another chance, I'm sure we can prove that we were the right pick. Now, if you'll exuse us, I believe me and my friend need to prepare for this race." Moonshine gave a little bow and motioned for the girl to get on her back. She did and together the two of them took off for the...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-21-2015, 11:42 PM

... Elven Hills, where their master had been waiting for them. The girl wanted to ask where Moonshine learned how to speak, but she pushed the thought aside. She'll figure it out eventually, like she usually did. They followed the lilac-brick road that led up to a small cottage in the middle of a dense forest. Suddenly, they heard a loud crack in the trees, and it was a...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2015, 12:19 AM

A large wolf. The girl squealed and ducked behind Moonshine. But the wolf just stood on its two back paws and gave a little bow. She realized the wolf wore a dapper jacket and a pocket-watch hung at his waist. "Hello my dear children. Welcome to the Elven Hills. I am master Alec and I have been waiting for you." He gestured behind him to the cottage. "Would you like to come in for tea? It's a very lovely day, though I'm afraid by midnight it will be...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-22-2015, 12:35 AM

... a little foggy." He sniffed and nodded. "Yes, it seems that there will be a high chance for humidity too, so I better change the humidity setting on the AC..." His sentence trailed off until he was muttering to himself, and the girl and cow looked at each other in confusion. By the time they looked at the wolf, he had gone back into the cottage, which seemed to be almost too small for him. "Should we go in there?" The girl asked Moonshine, scratching her head. Moonshine...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2015, 03:53 AM

Just let out a little moo and plodded forward. "Might as well. He has the look of a vegetarian." Otherwise she might be hesitant to enter a space with a wolf. But what was to lose. With one hand on Moonshine's back, the girl followed after. They crowded into the cottage which emitted a very strange smell. Inside though, it didn't look like a small cottage at all. In face, the space expanded before them into a multi-room English style, home. Warmly lit with fire, mysterious things hung from the wall. She caught sight of the vest color from behind a bookshelf and headed toward it. "Mister!" but instead of a wolf, the thing wearing the vest was a...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-22-2015, 05:23 PM

... centaur. "Oh, Master Alec let you in already? Please come inside, he just went upstairs to tidy up a few odds and ends." He spoke, a slight tremor in his voice, but it wasn't from nervousness, as he seemed to put off a confident front. With a stomp of his hoofed feet, he started off the long hallway towards what seemed like a dining room. The girl was still wary from the previous faerie illusion, which showed in the way that she followed after the centaur with Moonshine by her side. Moonshine understood the girl's hesitation, but this had to be done. The two of them needed to know how this world worked, or else they wouldn't be able to finish the mission and go home. "Hurry, the food's going to get cold!" The centaur called after them, opening the large looming double doors to a...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2015, 10:40 PM

dining room set with a feast of food and one hundred candelabras lining the long hall. But rather than glowing orange like fire normally did, these let off a blusish-white glow. "Sit, sit!" the centaur commanded and she did, though she stayed very close to Moonshine. Something about this room seemed very off and especially her centaur host. He looked to be wearing the same clothes as master Alec had and his voice sounded odd.
"Um...where did Master Alec go?" the girl asked. "Wasn't he going to tell me how to get home?"
"Home?!" The centaur let out a burst of laughter. "Oh yes, but first...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-24-2015, 12:51 AM

... you must eat! You've traveled far and wide, my dear, and you can use a little sustenance if you ask me. Yes." He nodded to himself, gripping gently on her upper arm. She yanked it away from him and felt bad for a split second at his crestfallen face. But then he regained his composure and smiled. Suddenly, there was a puff of smoke and there was the wolf, Alec, again in front of them after the smoke cleared. "You see, this food isn't any ordinary food. This will help you with your shape-shifting techniques for that big sack race. And don't worry, I have no appetite for you nor your cow. I'm a vegan, in fact." The wolf chuckled at his joke, and resumed to look at them with steady eyes, as if he was assessing them. "Go on, dig in!" The girl and cow sat next to each other and started to eat, only to find...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-24-2015, 04:22 AM

the food tasted just as shape-shifty as the magic it would give them. Vegan it might have been, but the flavor constantly changed. It gave the girl and the cow quite a start. The way Alec looked at them, it seemed he'd been waiting to see what their reaction could be. A strange and bubbly feeling came over them. He took a step back. "Oh, I forgot to mention, the first time you eat it, it get's a bit...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-25-2015, 01:18 AM

... odd. You notice that the flavors in the food are constantly changing, yes?" The girl and Moonshine both nodded. "The trick is that you have to think of a flavor and then keep thinking of that flavor as you eat the food. This meal is the very first lesson in shape-shifting that I will give you: You MUST be able to control the thoughts of shape-shifting in your head, or else you will be shifting all over the place." The wolf sat down in the opposite end of the table and started to eat. "Mmm, spaghetti is truly my favorite." He muttered to himself, stuffing his face with what seemed to be salad. The girl shrugged off the strange wolf's tastes and cleared her throat a little. She didn't want to admit it, but she had become curious of this Alec character and wanted to know more about him. She started to ask him a question, "So...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-25-2015, 05:06 AM

are you actually a wolf or a centaur?" she asked. She'd give up on eating for now because she felt if the tastes kept fluttering like mad, she'd start shifting with them and she didn't feel quite ready for that.
Alec looked at her, flashing a toothy smile. "Why silly girl, I'm an elf! I've been shifting for so long though, about five hundred years, that I can't remember what my original form looked like. That is a bit of a side-affect..." he murmured. "I suppose I've become a bit of everything."
That sounded a little scary and the girl didn't think she could do it. Just as she was about to say so, Moonshine's fork clattered to the floor. The cow had been eating the entire time and now...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-26-2015, 02:21 AM

... she had turned into a dragon. A cute one at that. The girl shrieked in surprised and the dragon turned back into the cow that the girl was used to. Hugging her cow, she glared at Alec, who was still shoveling in that God-awful food. "Tell me the truth! You can't be an elf!" The wolf sighed and placed his fork next to his plate. He set his steady eyes on her, but there was something else in those dark beady eyes. He started to tell her something...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2015, 02:40 AM

and as he spoke, his voice deepened until it became a gutteral roar. "I am an elf and now that you've eaten the forbidden food, you will both become like me!" he exclaimed. In a second, he shifted and became a beautiful silver dragon with wings sweeping so large they cramped inside the great dinner hall. Both the girl and the cow shrieked. Moonshine hiccuped and became a dragon again. The girl hopped onto her friend's back and they dived out of the hall. "No!" Alec screamed after them and they were surprised to hear a deep sadness in his voice. "I only wanted to...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 03-07-2015, 01:53 PM

... help you guys. You can't win this race without my help. There is a reason the elf council sent you both to me." The girl raised a brow warily, somewhat suspicious of the now-wolf. He motioned for both girl and cow to sit back down at the table. The food had mysteriously disappeared. "You see, I used to be a champion sack-racer for the elves back when we basically controlled the forest. But then the nymphs had put a curse in my drink during a party celebrating our win. This is why I'm like this. I want to help you both because there has been a prophecy that a girl and her steed will help restore the balance in the forest that both the faeries and nymphs want to control. I've heard that the both of you have been under a faerie illusion once already, right?" The girl nodded her head solemnly. The wolf shook his head. "That's another thing I have to teach you both. You may not be aware of it, but this forest is full of faerie illusions, and you have to know how to distinguish between an illusion and a real one." The wolf snapped his fingers. "Ah, that reminds me, I have to teach you two about...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-07-2015, 11:55 PM

Our world. Humans don't know this, but to us magic folk, you're the legends!" he exclaimed. It really was hard to believe. "You have powers you don't know about. A certain...ah, how should I put this? A way of seeing reality. Elves cannot see through fairy illusions, but all humans can as long as they know they exist." Alec shook his head. "You are such a logical species."
The girl wasn't thinking about leaving anymore. She found this curious. "But how can I restore order with just a race?!" she exclaimed.
"It's easy. You just...

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 03-08-2015, 06:49 PM

... have to loose." The wolf shrugged. "Wait, LOSE? Why not win?" The girl was baffled. Was this wolf-elf trying to use reverse psychology on her?
"You see, the reason is because this sack race isn't just any race. You go through the roughest terrain through the forest; deep pits of bog, angular cliffs, faerie portals, and the like. There is a key when it comes to defeating each one, and the team that takes up the most time trying to defeat the obstacles in each part of the race wins."
"But doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of a race?" The girl asked. The wolf laughed heartily.
"But that's the funny part. You see, these obstacles are the most fearful things that you could imagine. You have to pluck up a lot of courage to go through these obstacles. Each one is a fear that you have to get over, but the longer you take to get over it, the easier it will be to complete and win the race."
The girl thought and thought about how strange this world was when the wolf cleared his throat. "I know it's a lot to understand, but you'll surely get the hang of it. In fact, I have this ready for you two." He got up, walked towards a pair of curtains and drew them, revealing...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-08-2015, 07:01 PM

a miniature obstacle course built inside the winding halls of the home. It looked just like the forest outside down to the cliffs and running waterfalls, but they could clearly see the marble ceiling and hints of pillars and wall beyond the trees. "Ta Da!" he exclaimed, gesturing to the course like it was the most amazing thing in the world. "I spent years building this just in case the prophesy came true. It's been created from my own experience and accounts from other runners. Now you have a place to practice!"
The girl didn't quite share Alec's enthusiasm. As real as the course looked, she had no doubt the mini race would be terrifying. He just nudged her forward though. Before she could protest again...