Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM

Renee didn't resist as Tabitha led her out the door. No one even noticed they'd gone. Why does it seem like Tabitha's always kidnapping me? Renee though to herself, smiling. "I guess you should take me back to the bank. Hopefully I can get my bike and head out for the night," she said as they climbed into the car.

They pulled up a few blocks from the bank where half a dozen police cars and other vehicles surrounded the building. The motorcycle sat unnoticed amidst the crowd. Renee slumped in her seat. "Great," she mumbled. "Now I'll never get my bike back..."

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 02-15-2012, 02:53 AM

Tabitha looked over at Renee with concern. Obviously that bike was the girl's symbol of freedom. She understood also the trapped feeling that can occur when events got out of control. She looked over at the officers and camera crews. With a sigh she closed her eyes and began searching for the storm system that she had outrun earlier. This was going to be sensory overload with all the new information that she would feel but it would last only a few seconds. She summoned the storm closer, nudging it along and willing the moisture to bundle its heavy load tightly together.

Outside the sky slowly began to cloud over. Fluffy white build upon fluffy gray until the sun no longer shined. Then as the wind caught up with the storm system, torrents of rain flooded from above trenching the city streets below. The news reporters scrambled to protect their gear. Officers and investigators quickly got into vehicles or indoors. The typhoon streams of water flooded the streets. Tabitha opened her eyes and studied her handiwork. With a grin she suggested, You might want to take this lovely opportunity and go get your bike. I'm staying at the Hilton if you need a place to crash. I'll see you there if your interested. Maybe order room service? Cuz I'm starving! She turned and looked at Renee with a face full of life and energy. Her very body radiated joy in the glory of the rainstorm.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 AM

Renee grinned at the gleeful expression on Tabitha’s face. “The Hilton? I think I know where that is. I’ll meet you there!” Making sure her powers were under control, Renee launched herself out of the car and sprinted toward the grove of trees nearby, utilizing the darkness and rain as cover. Her motorcycle was just a few dozen yards away.

She was about to sprint toward it from the canopy when movement from the right caught her eye. When she looked in that direction, Renee could hardly believe her eyes. A police cruiser was hovering several feet off the ground in front of the bank entrance, poised as if on strings awaiting the puppeteer’s command. What in the world?! Renee blinked her eyes, hoping it was a delusion but the terrified looks of the officers inside the cruiser confirmed it was very real. That’s not scientifically possible! Unless…Renee’s attention shifted to a young girl standing in the middle of the street, the police cars and news vans between her and the bank. Her hand was in the air and she looked to be focusing intently on the hovering car.

As Renee crouched by trees, the girl turned and looked straight at Renee. A wide, evil grin crossed her young face. Watch this, said a voice inside her head. Renee’s eyes bulged as the cruiser was hurled at the bank, causing the front half of the structure to erupt into flames.

Last edited by Superstition; 02-16-2012 at 07:04 AM..

maidenroseheart

Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM

Tabitha watched Renee disappear into the rain. She smiled and started to turn on her car when the rain patterns screamed. The falling droplets were being manipulated in an unnatural way. She paused and frowned. Couldn't be broken pipes. There wasn't anyone drowning nearby that she could sense. What was.... explosions and flames erupted at the entrance to the bank. She stared with her mouth dropping open. A lithe form was silhouetted against the orange and red flames. Opening her door, she quickly got out and moved away towards the wall of the buildings on her side of the street. Quickly she swept and gathered the rain towards the bank. No longer allowed free rain, she directed the torrent towards the base of the flames. What had happened? Was Renee okay? Who was the calm girl in the street, standing there so calmly?

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-23-2012, 12:23 AM

Wasn’t that cool? The enthusiastic voice inside Renee’s head spoke so loud, Renee almost couldn’t hear herself think. A telepath, who could move things with her mind. I’m never coming to this bank again, Renee thought to herself. Ah, why not? the girl’s voice chimed again. It’s so full of excitement! Renee put her hands to her ears but to no avail. The girl in the street just smiled at her, enjoying the woman's helplessness.

Suddenly, the girl disappeared in a surge of water. She had been so focused on Renee that she hadn’t even sensed the other hero in the midst. The rain had formed into a steady stream of water aimed at the flames. Tabitha. She hadn’t left yet. The girl’s eyes were full of anger. Turning, the young arsonist saw Tabitha standing in an alleyway between two buildings across the street. Another police cruiser was lifted off the ground. No one splashes me, the voice spoke, quivering. Renee watched with horror as the cruiser flew toward her heroic friend…

maidenroseheart

Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 AM

Tabitha felt anger at the teenager. This troublesome idiot... what was her goal? Watching the police cruisor fly towards her, she tensed and narrowed her eyes. Her rain storm at sent the police and reporters to their vehicles and inside. Now innocent rescue workers were in danger. She summoned her Tai Chi training and brought her hands up. With fluid movements, she lifted water from around her and in the air to create a large pool that she swung forward and up to catch the car. Twirling around and bringing her hands down, the car was set down. Stepping to its front door, she opened it and motioned the police officer inside to get out and across the street. He knodded and quickly got out of the way. She turned and eyed the girl. Telekinetic huh? And from the frozen form under the trees, it wasn't a large step to guess telepathic too. Most were usually both. She masked her intentions with loud, forcing words dripping in arrogance and insults. Physically she started moving through forms of Tai Chi, a smooth movement that she had enhanced with dance. She was edging closer to the strange villian. Her whole body performed this grace while her thoughts yelled at the girl, "You think your so good? I'm prettier. I'm more attractive. I can have any guy I want. Look at the way I move. You can force people to your will, but my victims come to me begging. You couldn't manipulate anything large enough to crush me... or you would have already!" It was a challenge. One based on pride. What would she do and would she rise to the challenge of using something large?

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM

Renee wanted to scream. That girl’s voice kept going in her head, like a broken record. She could feel her anger toward Tabitha almost as if it were her own. The young terror had such dark thoughts. She had plans for Renee’s new friend. Renee was on her hands and knees, eyes squeezed shut, trying to block the foreign thoughts. When she didn’t hear an explosion, her eyes opened to find Tabitha helping the policemen out of their vehicle. At least she’s safe, Renee thought to herself, sighing in relief. Safe?! I don’t think so! She’ll die regretting this! The voice was back, surging with rage. Renee shut her eyes again, not even noticing Tabitha’s advance.

Suddenly, Renee was full of rage – her own. The images this girl was driving into her mind brought emotions to the surface that Renee had spent years suppressing. The young one enjoyed darkness? She hadn’t seen darkness, felt it as Renee had. Lifting her head, she focused her dark, glowing eyes on the young beast. Let’s see if she can handle this…

Feeling rage, she headed toward the water spout. She was doing some kind of stupid dance. You think your so good? I'm prettier. I'm more attractive. I can have any guy I want. Look at the way I move. You can force people to your will, but my victims come to me begging. You couldn't manipulate anything large enough to crush me... or you would have already! These thoughts were blocking her access to the woman’s mind, not mention making it hard to concentrate. The other was so much easier to defeat. Why was this one such a pain? Suddenly, her mind erupted. Imagines and emotions, not her own, were flooding her mind. The troublesome heroes, the cops, the rain, the buildings, the city disappeared. A world full of rage, fear, and pain swallowed her whole. Unable to move, she wanted to scream…

maidenroseheart

Old 02-26-2012, 05:20 AM

Tabitha kept up the barrage and watched in fascination as the female seemed to freeze. Keeping her movements flowing, weaving together a network of water beneath the street as well as summoning items she needed, she glanced at her friend. Renee was her friend now. She wouldn't think of Renee any other way. She felt a moment of panic as she saw Renee's face. One full of rage, fear, and pain. Bound and chained within a person feelings so complex and deep that Tabitha's heart leapt in defense. Turning, she glared at the girl before her. Anger that Renee was so open and exposed. Anger that the civilians around them were forced into such drama. Anger that one could be so selfish for no apparent reason.

She lunged forward with her head bent in concentration. Raising her hands she lifted geysers of water from below the streets up and around the girl... engulfing her in a water tornado. She lifted up eyes to glare at her, eyes suddenly glowing... the water vortex froze into solid ice. Leaping forward she sprinted toward and into the frozen twister, her alone able to move about it. Rising to the villian, water swirled strong a large chain to her. Grasping it, she tied the trouble maker up and then released the water from her icy prison. They both collapsed to the ground.

Laying there, gasping for air, Tabitha slowly got an arm under her to support and hold herself partway up. Through her strands of hair she could see at the corner of her eye her final masterpiece. Steel, a strong metal that have been caught up in the torrents of her waters, swept and bashed on the way here until fastened into a helmet, was jamned on her head. Tabitha pulled off her belt, crawled over to the girl, and tied it in place. Let's see her mind get past that. Weakly, she struggled to her feet and stumbled towards Renee. The rain gone.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Frozen in a world of pain and anguish, she felt terror for the first time in her short life. Suddenly she felt as if her lungs were full of water. Unable to breathe, she thought she was going to die. After what seemed like hours, she fell to the ground with a thud, lungs gasping for air. What felt like chains were around her wrists, with a vice fastened around her head. Her mind was foggy and her body was like lead. She opened her eyes to see the gray sky, the rain gone. As her world went black, all she could think about was how she had failed her master…

Renee sprinted toward her weak friend, catching her in her arms. Taking her up in a fireman’s carry, Renee rushed to Tabitha’s car, making a discreet exit away from the bank. She thought of taking Tabitha to the hospital, but her instincts told her to get the water sprite near water. Pushing way past the speed limit, Renee raced toward the Hilton. Checking them in to a room, Renee sneaked Tabitha upstairs and placed her gently into the full bathtub. ”Tabitha?” she whispered, afraid she had done the wrong thing. Suddenly, the water began glowing…

maidenroseheart

Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM

Tabitha felt the familiar bonds between her and her element strengthen, supporting her. In the blackness of her mind, she floated with the bonds running on all sides of her. She reached out a hand and touched one of the bonds, letting its power strengthen her mental state. She reached out and touched another, and felt a sense of physical pain. She wondered if she was asleep and should wake up. Looking around at the blackness on all sides, she felt at peace. Here she was herself and had the bonds with water to keep her company. Water.

Thinking, she slowly remembered the rain she had brought. Why had she summoned rain? That was something she never did, even for the famine weary farmers. These bonds of water were strong and pulsing peace and calm. Was she still standing in the rain? No, she wouldn't be standing and in this deep meditative state. She walked through the black and empty space to another bond and reached out. Placing her hand on the long ribbon of energy, she closed her eyes. This wasn't rain water surrounding her. So where was she?

The key was in the rain. Why had she summoned the rain? She thought hard until she slowly remembered a face. The face of a friend. Renee standing there in danger. Renee frozen. Renee's inner emotions vulnerable for the world to see. She had summoned the rain to protect Renee, her new found friend. Protect her? From what? What would have caused such... oh. Remembering the child monster and her icy prison, Tabitha felt her instincts flare up. If another human could have stood there and watched this inner Tabitha standing with pulsing bonds of energy, they would have taken a step back as her eyes glowed white. The bonds responded immediately. Turning from deep blue to streaks of light and blue paleness.

Outside Tabitha's mind, in the bathtub, small streaks of ice started to sparkle and spread across the surface of the water and along the edges of their confined space. Inside, Tabitha whipped the energy of the water around her. She must be laying in quite the puddle to have her bonds so near and strong. Flying ribbons braided together, arming Tabitha with cords of strong blue light. Her glows eyes intensified as she moved past her mind and forced her physical eyes to open. She was ready to re-enter battle if necessary.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2012, 05:52 AM

Renee watched in fascination at the beautiful sight and relief flooded her. Her friend was going to be ok! Then she noticed ice starting to form over the water and on the bathtub. Renee stepped back as the ice crawled over the edge of the tub and onto the floor and walls. Tabitha’s eyes flew open, glowing snow white. She thinks she’s still fighting… Renee realized. “Tabitha! Wake up!” Renee shouted. She prepared to give the girl a small jolt incase she didn’t wake up.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-10-2012, 07:46 AM

Hearing Renee's urgent voice, she came to. Blinking, she looked up at Renee's concerned face. Feeling the ice around them told her what she had done. She quickly stood and looked down at the bathtub full of water. Her clothes of course were dripping. She cringed. Both from embarrassment and from pain. She was a bit sore. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes, willing the water within her hair and clothing to soak into her. Leaving her dry and healthy, she grinned a shaky grin at Renee. "Thanks. Sorry. I mean...." She took a deep breathe and stepped out of the tub to wrap Renee in a big bear hug. "Thank you for getting me out of there after the fight. I assume all ended well. Sorry I almost turned this place into a palace fit for an ice princess." Stepping back she asked, "Still friends?"

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 PM

Renee grabbed her friend and returned the bear hug, grinning big. “Of course, silly!” She exclaimed. “I figured you still thought you were at the fight. I would probably have reacted the same way, though with a jolt of lightning rather than ice.” Renee stepped back and looked Tabitha up and down to make sure there were no obvious injuries. “Are you ok? Do you hurt anywhere? How about we head into the other room and order that room service. I’m starved!” Renee said, backing out of the bathroom while eying her friend cautiously.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-10-2012, 11:08 PM

Grinning with relief, Tabitha knodded, "The water I soaked back into my body healed the soreness. Please, please let's order room service. And turn on the tv and see what the news says about current events now. She turned and reached down to empty the bathtub. Then gratefully followed and sank onto a bed. "Is there a menu around here? What should we order?

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM

Renee stretched and yawned as she woke to the sun streaking in through the parlor window. As she rose from the couch, the events of the previous day flooded her memory. She heard the shower running in the other room as she headed to the kitchenette. Finding some herbal tea in the complimentary basket, she began her morning ritual. As the water heated, Renee thought back to last night’s conversation with her new friend Tabitha.

They had stayed up really late talking about their lives, the fights, possible futures, and giggling at the news stories about their exploits. They had cruised the local news stations, and even found a story on CNN. At first the two new heroines had been worried that everyone would find out who they were, but after seeing that the reporters had no visuals of their faces, only bad videos of the events and witnesses who saw nothing, they just laughed. The reporters all thought they had the inside scoop when in reality they only had hearsay. Renee smiled to herself as she steeped her tea.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-20-2012, 02:08 PM

Tabitha leaned against the shower wall, soaking in the warm water and steam. She closed her eyes and enjoyed just relaxing. Having a friend was something else. She wasn't sure what to make of it all. But they were sticking together. That much they had agreed on. She stretched in the spacious shower. Then flexing, she slowly went through her tai chi. It was a gorgeous thing when a shower had enough space for such luxury. Taking in a few more precious moments to enjoy herself, she reluctantly turned off the shower. Might as well go great the day.

Wrapping herself in a towel, she stepped out of the bathroom and was greeted by the delightful smell of coffee. Sighing in appreciate, she walked into the room and knelt beside her bed where her suitcase lay. Ruffling through it, she started picking out an outfit. Skirt or slacks? She wasn't sure she could pick. Looking up and over at Renee, she asked, "What do you think? Skirt or slacks for today?"

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 PM

Renee shook her head. “Don’t ask me, I’m not good at that kind of stuff,” she laughed. She poured a cup of Joe for Tabitha as she dressed. “Do you take sugar or creamer?”

maidenroseheart

Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 AM

Tabitha was amused and shook her head. Two friends with no sense of fashion. They needed help. "I'll take creamer, but no sugar. Thank you Renee." She looked at the two choices critically. She decided for the skirt and pulled out a matching blouse and jacket. Putting the slacks away, she changed into the familiar clothes and looked through her accessories. Finding a big belt and a light scarf, she finished her outfit and grinned at herself in the mirror. She was quite a picture. Dressed to perfection, with wet hair tangled around her face. She started giggling and threw her hair up into a messy bun. Walking over to the kitchenette thoroughly amused with herself she commented, "I spent so much time on my outfit and pretty much ditched my hair. Yet in the end I still look attractive. I can think of a few females who would be appalled, if not jealous.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2012, 04:45 AM

Renee nodded her head in silent agreement as she put the creamer next to Tabitha’s cup of coffee. She was one of the appalled, and maybe a little envious, of her new friend. Renee looked down at her torn jeans, black t-shirt, and motorcycle boots. She looked more like a dude than a girl.

Suddenly, the lights flickered. A loud hum started from the refrigerator, and the TV flickered on and off. Renee froze. A pile of silverware near her rose into the air, hovering ominously. What's going on? Renee looked around the room, watching all of the metallic and electronic devices go crazy. Then Renee felt the familiar feeling of overwhelming power growing inside of her, and she realized she was the reason for everything going haywire. I have to get out of here! she thought as she bolted for the door.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-22-2012, 04:55 AM

Tabitha stared at Renee as she dashed out the door. The electricity returned to normal and the silverware collapsed back down. She stood rooted to the spot for a moment, processing what she had seen. Then realizing that Renee was possibly having trouble controlling her powers, she turned and sprinted out the door. What had set that off? Was it something she had said? Rushing down the stairs, she avoided the elevator. Electricity problems and elevators were a recipe for disaster. Quickly walking through the lobby, she glanced about checking for her friend. Not seeing her, she purposefully headed outside and paused to survey her surroundings.

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 03-22-2012 at 09:23 PM..

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 AM

Renee dashed toward the medium-sized garden behind the hotel, and didn’t stop until she reached the big tree in the center. Quickly climbing it, she got out of sight and tried to calm herself down. Dumb city! This happens every single time! I should never have stayed! She squeezed her eyes shut and put her hands to her ears, trying to block out the sounds and voices she could hear from all corners of the city. This had to stop before she killed someone else…

In another part of the city, a life force stirred again. Awaking from a long slumber, it breathed in the strange energy radiating from a source nearby. Feeling regenerated, it rose to look upon this modern city and planned how to proceed with its purpose.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-24-2012, 02:19 AM

Tabitha looked over the parking lot. No sign of a running girl or electricity. She walked out to the road and looked up and down it. The only thing she saw was the morning rush hour traffic. She sighed and looked back at the hotel. Maybe she would have better luck figuring out where her friend went back inside. She turned and walked back inside. From the lobby, she walked through all the main public areas. No sign of her friend. She moved on to the next floor and searched again. Once she finished the top floor, she went up onto the roof. Walking around the edge, she surveyed the parking lot again and worked her way around to the backside. From there she saw a lovely garden. There was plenty of spacefor her to practice tai chi there in the morning if she wished.

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 PM

The energy grew, the sounds got louder, the voices piercing. Renee thought she’d never escape. As the feelings of fear and captivity worsened, the intensifying power was becoming harder to control. This garden was not enough. Her power could reach far beyond it. The countryside was the only safe place, and she was at least an hour’s ride from it. In the chaos of her mind, she heard far away explosions. The smells of fire and smoke told her the explosions hadn’t only been in her mind.

Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes and looked up. There was Tabitha on the roof looking out over the garden. Renee was well hidden in the tree so her friend couldn’t see her. Suddenly the power within her surged, trying to overwhelm Renee. Forcing her eyes to stay open, she focused on Tabitha. The memories of the previous day flooded her mind, forcing the pain out. Slowly, Renee gained control of her faculties, reducing the raging noises and voices to a dull roar. Taking a deep breath, she jumped down from the tree. She was about to wave to Tabitha when another explosion stopped her in her tracks. That wasn’t me…what’s causing that? She looked out into the distance to see a mushroom cloud on the not-so-far horizon.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 PM

Tabitha swung around and stared in horror at the mushroom cloud. That wasn't good. She felt a moment of panic at the thought of what could be happening over there. Then she turned and saw smoke rising up a little ways away. Two different, but obvious, signs of trouble. She leaned on the edge of the building and yellled, "Renee! Where are you!" She wanted her friend back. She wanted to know she was safe. Yesterday was still fresh in her memory. There had to be a way for them both to be able to handle daily living despite their abilities. She turned and looked at the mountain on the west side of Seattle between the city and ocean. Perhaps building some sort of headquarters there similar to the teen titans place would be the solution?

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2012, 11:45 PM

Climbing back into the tree, Renee reached the top and surveyed the damage. She could see the industrial accident from her vantage point. Emergency vehicles were swarming the area, taking care of the injured. News vans flocked in that direction, each ready to report the details to the public first. Filled with shame, the rush of energy flooded back, threatening her control again. Tabitha’s frantic voice jolted her back to reality. “Renee! Where are you!” Taking a deep breath, Renee jumped down to the ground. “I’m right here, Tabitha! I’ll meet you at the entrance!” she yelled back. She had to get out of the city, before more people got hurt.