MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to MissJiff

Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 AM

Mel groaned a bit and opened her eyes staring up at a bright blue sky with a few clouds scattered here and there. She placed her hand on her forehead as she rubbed it. "When did we get outside...?" She mumbled as she sat up and rubbed the back of her head. "Last thing I remember was laying down in bed with a book in hand." This shouldn't have been strange. It tended to happen...a lot. Mel had lost count on how many times actually. Once her head stopped pounding her eyes scanned the area she was in. She was in a courtyard in the middle of what looked like a large medieval castle.

The next thing Mel heard was what seemed like an angry voice. She turned her head glancing over at an oddly dressed women yelling at them. Her head still throbbed a bit so she wasn't really paying attention. As Mel stared at the woman's clothes she raised her eyebrow. Her robe looks just like.. "Oh crap...it happened again..." She groaned and face palmed.

Last edited by MissJiff; 02-22-2013 at 04:12 AM..

OokamiD
Overworked Artist
Send a message via AIM to OokamiD

Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 AM

D whined softly sitting up. unlike Mel who had been awake, she had been asleep comfortably beside her. that was until she got a gut wrenching feeling and fell onto the cobblestone courtyard. "Ugh.. did you get the license plate of that truck..?" She clutched her head and grunted, her eyes still closed, not paying much attention. "You don't have to yell we can hear you just fine... Who the hell talks like that anyway.. you sure have a funny accent for-" She opened her eyes wincing slightly at the light. "Where are we...?" She craned her neck up blinking a bit at the building and then looked to the raving woman. "Oh.. that explains a lot..."

She stood up grabbing one of her shoulders and rolling the socket before lacing her fingers together and pushing her arms outward, cracking her fingers and elbows. "Yep.. we're dead... definitely getting killed for this one.. we shouldn't be here and they're going to kill us..." She grumbled and rubbed her forehead again, still a bit woozy from the interdenominational travel. "This totally could have happened at a better time..." She looked down at herself, barefoot in a t-shirt and cloth pants, her arms crossed over her chest. "And this was not what I wanted to be wearing when I was executed..." Forever the optimist...

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 AM

Mel shook her head looking over at D. "A warning would be nice don't you think? Then we could at least dress properly." Mel looked down at her PJ's and sighed. "There's no way we'd be able to get here 'normally' this sucks man...I don't want to get killed for an accident." Mel stood up straight and cracked her back before stretching. "At least we went somewhere new.." She mumbled quietly before she had a sudden pain in her ear.

"OW! Ok you have my attention!" Mel yelped getting dragged by the ear, along with D, to the inside of the building and down a hall. "I can walk on my own...and I need that ear." Mel then heard the sound a many voices coming from a closed door. School must be in session...I wonder what year this would be... She was then shoved gently towards a statue before the woman rattled off a word causing stairs to rise. Even though we might die...that's still kind of cool. Mel then stepped towards the stairs and climbed up them knowing where she was going. She shouldn't have been able too but she did just have a movie marathon. Mel stopped in the middle of the room waiting for D wondering what was going to happen. Since they were in this office she figured nothing really bad would happen.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:14 AM

She winced and whined softly. "H-hey.. stop that.." She flailed her arms a bit before giving in and going where she was directed, only a few feet behind Mel as they climbed the stairs to the top. She paused at the door before the woman pushed her forward. she let out a startled his and give a death glare over her shoulder, not exactly effective but it was her natural reaction to being shoved. she grumbled and stepped through the corridor looking to the vacant desk. the doors closed behind them, the woman walking through the room and into the adjoined area, speaking in hushed but urgent tones to the tall figure who stood at the window.

She ignored them for now, her attention grabbed by the bird perked over the desk, preening his feathers. she smiled and lifted her arm, clicking her tongue gently. The bird lifted it's head tilting it curiously and fluttered to her arm. Looking at her curiously before giving a soft coo and squawking a demand. She laughed softly and reached her other hand up stroking the birds feathers gently.

He looked from the window, nodding quietly to the woman as she spoke. The girls had apparated into the courtyard, much to the woman's surprise, and not recognizing either of them as a student brought them straight here. he sighed softly and nodded. "Thank you, that will be all... I will deal with them. A faint smile touched his lips as he turned and raised an eyebrow watching Fawks perched on the young girl's arm. He paused for a heart-beat before ushering the woman out the door and turning to the girls. The girl holding Fawks opened her mouth but he raised a hand. "Say no more...."

"But I didn't.."

He chuckled and sat at his desk. "You aren't from here, of this I'm certain. However, you have no way to get back to where you came from, and I can't in good conscience abandon you...perhaps we can come to some kind of agreement.... I'll allow you to stay here at the school.. but in exchange you must attend classes..."

"But we don't..."

He raised his hand with another soft smile. "I'm sure we can compromise to have you attend classes in which suite your capabilities. After all I can tell you're no mere muggles. I will provide what you need in order to stay here."

"So we'll be like.. your orphaned wards...?"

He chuckled softly. "Something like that I suppose..." He lifted his hands palms up to show he meant no harm in his words. "I'll take role as your guardian until you otherwise have no need. Seeing as Fawks has taken a liking to you, I see no need to turn you away or seek out punishment as would be the case were you normal muggles." He stood and retrieved an old hat from the bookshelf looking over to the duo. "I will how ever need to sort you before I can enroll you into this school as my guests" He smiled turning to face them offering the hat. "Do you accept?"

She looked up to Fawks who craned his neck down and nudged and nuzzled her cheek, demanding more attention. She sighed and pressed her cheek to the top of the phoenix's head. "I don't think there really is another option.. as much as I hate being 'the new kid' your terms seem fair and reasonable." She nodded and made her way over to the stool and sat down, awaiting the inevitable placement of the musty old hat on her head.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 AM

Mel watching the two talk for a moment before she spotted the bird on D's arm. She smiled a bit. After a moment of watching the bird Mel gasped quietly to herself and covered her mouth. They didn't appear with Lilly! Who knows where she could have appeared. Hopefully where ever she appeared she wasn't causing trouble. Once the man spoke she stood at attention and placed her hands behind her back watching him walk the other teacher out. She stiffened a bit when he turned around and spoke again.

"Us...? Attend classes?" Mel took a moment for it to sink in. At least they weren't getting kicked out. This was one of more welcoming worlds they had gone too. "We're so far from normal..." Mel rubbed her forehead and chuckled a little. She watched him walk over and pick up an old hat.

The old hat opened his eyes. "The new year came a bit sooner then I expected. Only two new students this year?" He knew better obviously but he might as well try to be funny about it. Once he was placed on the first head he mulled over his thoughts for a moment. "Gryffindor." He spoke quickly.

Mel stepped closer to the stool and waited quietly for her turn. She was a bit worried that she'd get put in a different house. Once it was her turn she sat on the stool and waited quietly.

Once put on the second head he stayed quiet for a while. "Oh my. I've never been placed on such a strange head before. She would do well in any house. I can't understand why. So many things crammed into this head. Ah I see why now. Gryffindor."

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 AM

He removed the hat from Mel's head and placed it back up onto the bookshelf before turning to the girls. He waved his hand calling forth a house-elf who tilted her head looking to the two girls then to he headmaster. He smiled softly, "Would you please show these two new students to the Gryffindor common room?" The house-elf nodded and reached up to take the girls' hands. He chuckled softly looking to D's slightly bewildered look. "I'll send an owl right away to get you your supplies... for now you can stay in the common room until I can find proper tour guides for you to show you around.. you'll start classes tomorrow.. I don't see the sense in throwing you in today..." he chuckled softly. "I'll see you at Dinner..."

She nodded slightly taking the house-elf's hand who wasn't particularly chatty. She smiled to Fawks and shifted her arm up. "Go on, I can't very well take you with me. The bird squawked again and landed on it's perch, continuing to clean it's feathers as if it had been undisturbed from it's task before the girls came in.

She sighed softly and followed where the small house-elf lead, guiding the girls through the hallways now deserted mostly aside from the stray student who looked at the small group with curious gazes, more so because they were new, not because they were dressed for bed and being guided by a house-elf by the hand like small children. No doubt word of their existence would be known to everyone within the hour. Mysterious new students arriving without warning tend to be a thing of gossip. "New kids strike again..." She mumbled and shook her head. neither of them were very well equipped for the school, but they'd be able to hold their own at the very least. or so she hopped.

Once at the portrait, the house-elf squeaked a word and the picture slid open allowing the girls access to the common room. She released the small creatures hand looking around. "Nice..." She smiled and turned "Thank you-" but the creature was already gone. she pouted softly and sighed flopping down onto one of the plush couches. "So I guess we just sit here and wait for your guides... and hopefully a change of clothes so we don't stick out so horribly..."

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 AM

Once the hat was removed from her head she ran her fingers through her hair so she could fix the 'hat hair'. Once her hand was taken by the house elf Mel smiled turning back to the headmaster. "Thank you very much!" I hope we don't accidentally break something.

As they walked through the halls Mel watched the pictures move. She always thought that was kind of creepy. Mel shook her head and looked down the hallways watching the few students in the hall. "I wish we'd get transported in actual clothes...not pajamas." The girls had been quiet since the arrival here only speaking up in the very beginning to make sure everyone was alright. "I'm getting tired of the new kid thing. Lots of staring and questions."

Once inside the common room Mel stretched a bit and flopped over on a couch and stared at the ceiling. "You think we'll 'know' people here?" Mel raised her eyebrow. "It could technically be any time." She then closed her eyes placing her hands behind her head. "Though I have to admit. I'm kind of excited."

Last edited by MissJiff; 02-18-2013 at 04:26 AM..

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 AM

She raised an eyebrow. "Unless this is completely different and Vooooooool...." She looked around and cleared her throat ".....Voldy hasn't come back to power exactly..." She smiled softly. "Which means a lot of things could be different... and yet all the same..." She nodded and got up sitting down in front of the fire, warming her bare feet. she jumped slightly and covered her mouth as there was a loud 'pop' from behind her. She turned around slowly and tilted her head, looking at two trunks with a sealed envelope and a phoenix feather. She got up and slid her finger under the seal opening the letter, her fingers twirling the feather in her other hand.

I took the liberty of getting you both school robes, spare clothes, and school supplies. if you need anything else or anything needs to altered, please let me know. I will notify the teachers of your being here and that you lack wands or the conventional powers so you won't be taking charms or defense against the dark arts. Letting the students know that you aren't actually witches is up to you.

You'll both receive the password for the Gryffindor common room as well as my office if you have any trouble, and to visit Fawks if you so wish. I've found you three guides, and they should be here momentarily. The trunks are charmed to be lighter then they look, below is a map to show you how to get to your room so you can change. They'll wait for you in the common room.

Looking forward to seeing what you can offer to the school,
Albus

She smiled and looked to Mel. "Well, lets get on some 'normal' clothes and get ready for our tour...." She reached for the trunk with her initials on it and hesitated, thinking about the things she had been through before. she shook her head and grabbed the handle giving the trunk and experimental tug. It slid easily against the ground. She let out the breath she had been holding subconsciously and smiled looking to her friend. "Lets hurry, my feet are getting cold again..."

Hermione sighed softly reciting the password to the portrait . "Honestly Ronald.. I don't think the important errand Dumbledore pulled us out of class for has anything to do exploring the castle when he asked us to show his nieces around... which I'm somewhat surprised he has nieces, there's really so much I don't know about him, it's maddening sometimes..."

Harry chuckled and shook his head, shoving his hands in his pockets as he raised an eyebrow, his scar wrinkling slightly on his forehead. "I'm sure we could show them a few things to help them out if they're really going to be students here. What's the rumor going around? They're American?" He chuckled and shook his head, "Only Americans would show up in bed clothes..."

Once she was done changing into the pants, shirt, vest, socks, shoes and tie. She brushed out her hair, pulling out two pieces from the back of her head, draping them over her shoulders and pulling the rest of her hair up into a higher ponytail, not pulling it all the way through the final loop, letting the blond bits stick out under the loop of hair. She was pulling her robe on when she got to the stairs, hearing the conversation below. The voices speaking up very familiar. She cleared her head and gave an over exaggerated sigh. "Honestly.. calling us lazy behind our backs.. I don't think we warrant that kind of treatment yet.. maybe wait until we're not doing our work to call us that..." She smirked reaching the bottom of the stairs. "I take it you'll be showing us around so we're not completely lost and helpless tomorrow...?"

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 AM

"Let's just kick his ass now so no one we like dies." Mel smirked. "It'll be better that way. Sure it'll throw everything off and something horrible could come later but at least everyone we like would be alive~" She chuckled a bit. "I hope nothing is too different unless maybe two of my favorites are together~" She wiggled before peeking over the back of the couch and spotting the trunks. "Those things are rather large." Mel got up and peeked over her shoulder reading over the note before and tugged at her trunk and smiled. "It is a lot lighter and here I thought I'd have to barrow Seika."

Mel turned towards the stairs. "Right. Normal clothes." She grabbed the handle before she tugged the large trunk up the stairs. She opened it and looked through it. "You know...I've always thought the robes to be a bit...eh." She picked it up looking it over. "I hope I don't trip."

"A tour and exploring the castle can be the same thing. I mean we're showing them around. The least we could do is at least show them all the fun places first." Ron frowned. "I don't think any of us thought he had nieces. Randomly showing up in the middle of the year a bit strange don't you think?"

After a few moments of getting changed Mel stood up straight and looked down at herself. "Talk about the ultimate cosplay..." She picked up a brush and brushed her hair since it wasn't long enough to put up. She brushed off her robe watching D walk down the stairs. "Oh~ Hey~ Wait for me." Mel headed towards the stairs before turning back and looking around. "Hopefully Lilly will turn up soon..." She mumbled before following after D and appearing behind her a few moments later. "Maybe a video tour would help best...I'll never remember anything."

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 AM

She waved her hand. "You'd just ignore the video.. it'll stick better in your mind if you actually walk around." She glanced at Hermione. If we don't fall asleep while walking that is... She wasn't really in the mood for a history lesson of the school, but no doubt this would be one of the few occasions the young witch would be able to break out her knowledge so she figured they could humor her for a bit until she got bored.

She smiled softly an nodded her head. "I'm sorry about these two. I'm Hermione, this is Ron and Harry. your uncle asked us to show you around the school. Though if you want I could do it on my own."

"No it's alright, the more the merrier right?" She retorted, trying to save themselves from the boring lecture.

He smirked softly watching D's reaction and chuckled softly, "Hermione, I think your reputation precedes you... It looks like they're a bit frightened to be alone with you.. perhaps they aren't looking forward to long speeches about how the school was founded and created...."

She huffed softly leering at Harry. "I wasn't going to..." She paused and sighed. "I would do that wouldn't I?" She forced a smile toying with a piece of her hair. "I'll try too not talk to much.." She looked to the girls. "I'll try, honest."

She giggled and nodded. "It's alright, I'm sure the guys will nudge you if they catch us nodding off..." She looked to the clock on the wall. "We've got a decent amount of time before dinner, right?' She coughed slightly. "Before we're forced to make a public entrance before the entire school.." She sighed and shook her head.

"Well I don't think you can blame them.... you're the biggest thing to enter this school since... well... me.." He coughed looking off to the side, not exactly one for the limelight but it wasn't like he was lying, or trying to show off in anyway for the new girls, no not at all. "Shall we get started then? Before the classes let out at least?"

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:35 AM

"I guess so." Mel blinked. "More fun that way I suppose." Not that she was looking forward to a historical lesson either. She placed her hands behind her back and smiled waiting quietly.

"We were all pulled out of class to give a tour. I don't want to miss out on an excuse to get out of class." Ron raised his eyebrow. "Besides we'll have to show them the interesting things around here so they don't fall asleep after the first few minutes." Ron chuckled a bit looking over at Hermione. "You just like the schools history to much that's all."

Mel covered her mouth a bit and chuckled. Once dinner was mentioned Mel rubbed her stomach as it protested. "Don't mention food. I'm starving." She hadn't eaten in a while and interdenominational traveling was tiring and it made her hungry! "I hate being a new kid. Everyone stares and whispers..before you know it there's rumors going around."

"Lets head out then. At least we have a nice note to get us out of class until we cover the whole school."

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 AM

She smiled and nodded leading the way out of the common room. "I assume you're already familiar with the moving staircases, it's rather easy to get lost if you don't know which way leads to what..." She made her way down the steps and through a corridor, looking around. Reciting what classes were in what wing, as well as what teachers to look out for in accordance to homework load.

She could tell she was trying to be helpful, and biting her tongue every time she wanted to recite history. She giggled softly and smiled. "It's okay.. you can bore me with details at dinner so you can get it out of your system..."

She wrinkled her nose slightly. "Sorry, I can't help it.. I know so much about silly things..."

He laughed softly. "Well I think we can all say Hermione can put any raven claw to shame, but we're glad to have her in Gryffindor."

"Thank you Harry..." She smiled and continued with the tour.

She linked her arm with Mel's looking around, making note of which classes were where, knowing a few of them they wouldn't be attending, but they didn't need to divulge that information just yet. All the while she was keeping an eye out for a black and white feline, knowings he had to be lurking somewhere around here.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 AM

Ron trailed just behind Hermione with his hands in his pockets. "Once she's done telling you all the important stuff we can go off and do something entertaining." At the mention of letting Hermione talk about history at dinner he shook his head. "I wouldn't. You might never get out of the dinning hall if you let her do that." He ten stepped farther away from Hermione casually in case she wanted to smack him.

Mel walked with the group looking down the halls for Lilly. She wasn't really playing attention to the important information that she was getting told. She sighed slightly before stretching a bit. She looked down at her arm and chuckled a little after she was linked with D.

"Oh look it's Ron, Harry and Hermione."

"Who do you suppose is with them?"

"I don't know. Never seen them before."

"I guess we'll go find out then! They should be in class after all."

"Mum would kill Ron if he was skipping." The two older twins casually made their way towards the small group.

"Shouldn't you three be in class? You haven't talked Hermione into being like the two of you?"

"We're not skipping class. We're showing Dumbledore's nieces around."

"He has nieces?"

"Since when?" They extended their hands before shaking Mel and D's hands.
"I'm Fred."

"I'm George."

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 AM

She bit back the urge to say 'since now' and took their hands shaking them. "Nice to meet you.." She flashed a smiled and raised an eyebrow at them. "And assuming you three share the same mother, wouldn't she be cross with you as well...?"

He chuckled softly. "Well, you know, unless they chose to accompany us... granted they could just have a free period right now..."

"Though if I remember my scheduling correcting..." She eyed the twins crossing her arms. "And I do.. it's seventh year potions this hour..."

"Ah, can't say I blame them for skipping Snape's class...."

She shot him a look.

"Oh, I uh.. I mean.. I love potions.. favorite class ever.. Snape's the best teacher there is..." He replied sarcastically.

"Okay, even I can tell that Snape isn't everyone's favorite teacher, and I'm new.. could we move on before our little troop of people attracted the wrong kind of attention...?"

She nodded and lead the way across the courtyard to another wing, rattling off classes, making turns and stopping at winding staircases at the towers explaining what classes were up there, seeing no real need to go up the stairs and back down. I think that covers just about everything aside from the outdoor classes... like herbology, broom lessons and care of magical creatures..."

She nodded, "And I'm sure if we have any trouble finding those classes we're idiots."

He laughed softly. "Basically... but I think you'll have no problem finding our way around after a week."

She watched Mel for a moment and paused for a moment before turning to the small croup they had. "Um, hey... could I ask a favor of you guys.... Mel's cat seems to be missing, and we can't seem to locate her... she's black and white... kind of recognizable since her pattern stands out.." No need to mention she was a tiger, she wasn't even sure how big Lilly was at the moment, no need to scare them with the prospect of maybe coming face to face with a large white tiger if she was in a more domesticated form, but the fur pattern would remain the same. "So, if you happen to see her, could you let us know? This place is kind of huge, so we wouldn't know where to start looking for her, especially if she's looking for us too."

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 AM

"We would share the same mother."

"No way we're going to his class. We're sick for that."

"No one is excited to go to his class. I think Hermione is the only one who willingly goes." Ron shook his head and laughed a bit.

"I think I'm going to need a map for this..." Mel rubbed her forehead and sighed.

"You lost your cat? Most of the animals tend to wander around the school. I'm sure she'll show up."

"Her wandering isn't the problem...I um just don't want her getting in trouble." Mel placed her hands on her hips.

"A black and white cat?"

"We saw one of those in one of our secret hallways."

"It was just down this way." The two pointed down the hall.

"Oh thank you so much!" Mel grinned a bit before she quickly made her way in the direction the twins pointed before rounding a corner and spotting Lilly. "There you are!"

Lilly's ears perked when she spotted Mel. She purred a bit and trotted over and jumped onto her shoulders. "There you are..." She mumbled quietly. "I landed in a very angry tree...tried to hit me." She snorted and curled around her neck and yawned.

"Why don't we help with the tour? There's a lot of places to see that even Hermione doesn't know!"

"She can't come if she's going to scold us." The two crossed their arms staring at the girl. "Ok?"

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 AM

She scowled. "It would be irresponsible of me if I let you show them places like that."

"Well some of them are decent short cuts for getting to classes on time..."

"Well then I guess that would be okay.. but purely for academic purposes..."

"Of course.." He smirked looking to the twins. "purely for academic purposes.. right guys?"

She looked back and forth between them and smirked shaking her head. no way they have academics on the mind She looked around the hall and smiled seeing Lilly and Mel. "Glad you could join us dear.. we're having ourselves a tour.. I'm sure you wouldn't mind joining us for the rest of the time, you may find some nice places to hunt..." She smirked raising an eyebrow and gently tugged Mel back into the main hall to join the others. "Alright.. now where are these.... 'academic' hallways..." Her voice dripping with sarcasm at the term academic.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 AM

"Yes. Strictly academic reasons only!"

"Exactly."

"Right. This will be fun." Ron shook his head. "Might as well. Classes will be ending any minute now."

"Better hurry then. One entrance is just over here" George grinned and pulled out his wand tapping on a wall before it slid open.

"Ladies first."

"So after you Ron."

"Oh shut up!"

Mel chuckled a little stroking Lilly's chin who purred happily on her shoulders. As the small group entered the 'hallway' they could hear voices. "Looks like classes let out?" Mel raised her eyebrow looking back at the closed door. ".....It's kind of dark in here." Mel twitched slightly. "I hate the dark." She hung her head slightly.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 04:58 AM

"Lumos." She looked back to Mel. "Better...?" She raised an eyebrow. "This is a basic spell.. you should be able to do it with your own wand.

"Well, you see we haven't gotten our wands yet, we've only just arrived..."

"But you're witches right? You should have gotten your wands when you first started classes."

"We don't use wands in America..."

"But I read-"

"Hermione, lay off them they're new, and Dumbledore is letting them go to school here so they must be fine.. you don't need to be so suspicious of every person you come in contact with. Not everyone is out to kill us."

"But.."

She smiled softly. "I can assure you, we wouldn't dare hurt anyone.. intentionally... granted I may punch someone if they piss me off, but that's about the limit to my harming someone."

"See, they're fine."

"I guess, but still..." She frowned trailing off eyeing the girls suspiciously.

She sighed softly rubbing her forehead. This was going to be harder then she thought. All she could think of was to lie and she doubted her lies would be very convincing to Hermione the know it all. I’ll have to think harder for better excuses.. we can’t just go blabbing to every person we see that we aren’t witches… she forced a smile and continued down the hall, her hands crossed under her chest as she looked around.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 AM

"Yes. Thank you." Mel smiled sticking rather close to her since she had the light. "Right..our own wands. Yes what she said." She blinked pointing towards D.

"Maybe they just lost their wands and don't want anyone to know. I know how it feels." He crossed his arms and huffed. Not having a wand pretty much sucked.

The mention of hurting people Mel kept her mouth shut. She nuzzled Lilly a bit and continued down the narrow path. She did her best to avoid the cobwebs.

"Kinda narrow up ahead! Single file."

"Almost to the other exit. Brings you out to the courtyard." Another wall opened up leading into the open courtyard. "Did everyone enjoy their trip?"

"Please watch your step on the way out."

"Oh light thank goodness..." Mel stretched a bit.

"That's enough secret ways. We'll be here for years if you show us them all." Ron shook his head. "We can go back to the common room and wait for dinner. I'm sure if you guys have any questions Hermione will answer them."

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 AM

She laughed softly shaking her head as she stepped out into the courtyard. she looked around, seeming to have missed the rush of students in their side trip she smiled and made her way across the courtyard to the fountain, looking back to the other students. "Do we really have to go back now?" She tilted her head and sighed softly. "Fine..." She rushed over to Mel and linked her arms with hers. "We'll go exploring this weekend." she nodded and smirked. "We'll just make sure we have a flashlight.." She whispered and grinned looking back to the group. "Alright then. to the common room." She pointed off in a direction.

"Actually..." She turned D around so she was pointing in the right direction. "It's that way.."

"I knew that..." She coughed lowering her arm. "Just wanted to make sure you knew..."

"I've been going here a lot longer then you have.."

"Shhh..." She scowled and stuck her hands in her pockets. "Someone's gotta keep you on your toes..."

He chuckled softly and shook his head heading across the courtyard towards the common room. "I think all of us keep her well on her toes, though I guess a few extra people wouldn't hurt..." He smirked softly looking over his shoulder. "After all, she's use to most of our tricks by now.. maybe you two can come up with some new material."

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 AM

Mel stretched a bit once they were out of the crowded narrow hallway. "Ok...I think I'd rather be late to class then go through that again. I could just carry around a flash light." She smiled a bit and followed D towards the common room. Mel looked over at Harry and smiled. "I'm sure she wouldn't want to deal with us..." She laughed a bit. They could be rather dangerous if they wanted to.

"We can't do much anymore. Even Fred and George are having a hard time pranking her.

"We're stuck pranking the rest of the school and teachers."

"Not as fun as it sounds."

"Only since you two tried to prank Snape and got caught." Ron shook his head as the walked up to the large portrait and muttered off the password as it opened and closed after the small group passed through it. "Well I have to go upstairs and study since I have to date Hermione and she won't let me go more then a few hours with out working!" Ron sighed.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 AM

She rolled her eyes. "Ron, it's not like I make you study all the time.."

He coughed and looked up at the ceiling whistling softly.

She frowned at Harry, giving him the 'you're not helping' look before shooing Ron up the stairs. and followed after him. "Come on, I'll help you, but I'm not doing all your work for you..."

She paused for a moment waiting before muttering to the rest of the group. "Are they.. always like that...?"

"Pretty much.." He chuckled and sat down on one of the couches looking to the girls, his eyebrow raised slightly. "What are you doing here anyway? It's a bit of an awkward time to tranfer into the school...."

She smiled and rubbed the back of her head. "Well we were kind of, quite literally dropped off with no way back home. then we were brought to Dum- uh... our uncle and he said he'd let us stay here and he'd take care of us." She looked over to the twins, wrinkling her nose slightly. "You're not going to prank us are you...?" She scowled softly, expecting the worse answer. "I'll help you prank her but we're off limits..." Mostly because they couldn't exactly defend themselves without making a spectacle of themselves. Everything was rather quiet in her head which meant her telepathy was replaced by something else, not that she minded but she would prefer to know sooner then later rather then randomly bursting into flames while she slept. not that she thought she had that ability, but since they had started drifting dimensions she never really had a stable set of abilities like Mel had.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 05:16 AM

Mel sat down on a couch and set Lilly on her lap as she stroked her. "It was rather sudden..." She leaned back against the couch."I have to say...this building is really beautiful. I wasn't expecting it to look so awesome." She placed her chin in her hands. "It's really nice here...the scenery and everything." She picked Lilly up and set her next to her before she curled her legs up.

"We don't prank everyone."

"Yes. We don't prank ourselves."

"I don't think that counts..." She brushed some hair from her face and placed her chin in her hand.

OokamiD
Overworked Artist

Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 AM

"She has a point.. it doesn't..."

"They don't prank me.... much..." He offered smiling sheepishly looking to the twins.

She laughed softly. "Nope, now you reminded them... you'll be pranked before dinner time." She smirked, "Unless they're so out of practice they can't think of anything to do...."

He frowned softly and shook his head laughing softly before looking to Mel, watching her quietly, trying to determine if he should ask if she was alright or if she usually sat like that.

She made her way over to the fire, watching the flames quietly, She pulled a cushion off one of the near-by chairs and sat on it humming softly as she watched the flames, spacing out a bit . Nothing. She blinked a bit and tilted her head thinking about it for a moment. Okay, so it's not visions... but I can't be sure of that until I go to bed... it was looking more and more like spontaneous combustion to her every minute. She shook her head and laughed softly at her own thoughts before looking over her shoulder. "It'll be dinner in roughly an hour right?"

He nodded. "In the Great Hall."

She smirked looking to Mel. "How hungry are you?" She stretched her legs out. "Can you hold off enough to get all the staring over with at once? or would your rather a constant trickle of attention...?" Arriving later then everyone else would get most of it over with, but showing up early, even with their heads bowed staring at the table or talking to their new friends and ignoring everyone else would get them random stares as people filed in.

MissJiff
Potato Enthusiast

Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 AM

"We want to have a challenge. That's why we've been trying to prank Snape."

"It's quite the challenge."

"but we're working on something big."

Mel raised her eyebrow and shook her head before she looked over at Harry and blinked. She then watched D move over to the fire and raised her eyebrow. She had a feeling she knew what she was thinking. She placed her hand on her head wondering if she'd have a need for the girls. She also hoped they weren't considered freaks here either. "Huh? Oh..well you know me. I'm always hungry." She smiled and chuckled a bit. "Ah well...I'm not really sure. I really hate the whole 'new kid' thing."

"Wouldn't it be better to get it done all at once? Then you wouldn't have to worry about it later. Wouldn't that be the best answer?"