Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-07-2013, 02:46 AM

The song was nearly over when Shin's eyes were drawn toward the back of the audience. He narrowed his eyes at what he saw. Sure it was normal for people to jump at a concert, but this guy looked like he didn't belong, and then with a start, Shin realized the guy had red hair. No, there was no connection. Plenty of people had to have red hair in the city, so he could hardly make a big deal about every redhead he saw. It was just so strange though. He didn't have time to ponder deeply on it before the next song started up. Shin was back to dancing and singing and he couldn't have any other thoughts on his mind.

The concert slipped by quickly, active song then ballad so they didn't wear themselves out. That was the idea, but by the time the final song reached its end, Shin thought that he might fall on his face when he bowed with the rest of the band. Adrenaline disappeared fast and he just wanted to sleep. They bathed in the cheers of the crowd for a few minutes, though they felt like hours, then they finally made their way backstage.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 AM

Char was jittering in excitement at the back of the crowd, dying to grab Reese and pull him out and tell him what he'd learned. But in the midst of his own happiness he didn't want to ruin something for his friend, so he paced in what little space he had, patting his pockets and kicking his feet and not even minding the music anymore, though it still taunted him a little at a time with its noise and uppity tunes from one to another.

Finally the cheering overtook everything else and the music died down. Char jumped forward and pulled Reese away before the group could leave the stage and ushered him into a hallway outside, off to the side, near a door marked 'backstage'. "Reese, I got it!" Char could hardly contain it anymore, launching into an explanation. "They sold so many it's going out of stock every other day at major book chains and online stores are going out of stock as soon as they get new shipments in! My current series... It's been bought for a million dollars at an independent company, Reese!"

He grabbed his colorful friend in a hug around the waist and lifted him, spinning and feeling his heart beating a thousand beats a minute. But his friend was beaming, and Char was glad to see that. "Oh, sweetie, that's amazing! Can you believe it?" He clasped Char's hands and pulled him into a kiss, not unusual for one as naturally dd as Reese, though it did surprise Char nonetheless. "What're you thinking about doing with your budding fortune, Cherry?"

He shook his head. Char had no idea... He'd had so many ideas in mind but now... now they were all at hand, and he didn't even know where to begin. Beyond finishing his second book, of course.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 AM

Tired and high. That was exactly what Shin felt like. The entire nigh was taking on a surreal feel...or was that because he hadn't slept right in a week? If he collapsed now, would one of the band members care and or notice? Those were the kind of mixed up thoughts he had in his head as he pulled out of the stage clothes and into a loose t-shirt and jeans because anything form fitting sounded like hell now. Normally he would go somewhere private to change, but right now he didn't care, even if it let to the unfortunate experience of Lee's small form flinging onto him while he was half dressed.

"We are amazing!!" The youngest of them cried. The others agreed readily. Even Shin had to admit that he agreed and he ended up hugging Lee back before the guy bounced off to hug everyone else. He'd never felt happier in his life. All that work, all the troubles he'd been through was worth it even if the band only got this far. It was something to show.

"I need some cold air," Shin groaned as he grabbed his bag. "Meet me out there when you're ready," he told the others as he headed for the backstage door. The blast of cold night air hit his heated face and some sort of crazed instinct took over. He let out a gleeful cry as the door shut behind him and he spun in a few circle, arms stretched out from his sides. Voices reached him out of the dark though and Shin froze. "Shit!" he exclaimed before jumping back into a shadow before someone could see him acting so childish.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:45 AM

Car. House. Pet? Good art supplies... Char's mind was racing as Reese blathered about all kinds of things Char could start with. "How 'bout a more... colorful wardrobe?" He poked at teasingly. "Or a pet? Since you won't let me be your pet." He giggled. "Oh, love, so many things! So many things you could do! What's on the list?"

Char shook his head. "I... thought I knew... I mean, I had enough a week ago to finally buy a good ca. And afford the insurance and gas and inevitable repairs. But now... I could get a good house and afford payments on it. And the bills... And a car too. And a dog!" He'd always wanted a pet. A dog. A German Shepherd or a Shiba. He was about to speak, but a sharp cry exploded through the air nearby and they gasped, Reese, leaping forward into Char and burrowing his head beneath the man's arm to look behind him.

"What the hell was that!?" He exclaimed. Char rolled his eyes, pulling Reese off of him.

"I'll go take a look, okay? Go on and wait by the car, be there in a couple minutes."

"Hey, no way, there's probably a guy with a gun---"

"Well you'll know when you hear the shot."

"Cherry!" Reese huffed, but turned and hightailed it to his car. Char chuckled, then turned and hurried forward, walking around a corner and looking around. "Hey... anyone around? Uh, okay?" That sounded stupid. But what else could one say? It didn't sound like a cry of distress, of course.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-07-2013, 04:31 AM

Shin listened to the conversation he could hear over the beating of his heart. There were two people out there. One of them sounded...no, Shin was not hearing familiar voices. That would make no sense. The only people he knew were his band mates (inside) and his family (definitely not here). For some reason, Shin ended up pressed up against the building's wall when someone called him out. Maybe if he pretended he wasn't there the other guy would go away and no fan or other passerby would know he was acting silly? The plan seemed good enough and he started to inch along the wall back toward the door. He was so intent on staring at the figure he couldn't quite make out in the dark that he wasn't watching his feet though.

All of Shin's normal dancer's grace went to hell and he stepped on a half broken bottle. His foot slipped forward as the glass crunched and the remains of the bottle bounced away with an eery rattling sound that would have sent goosebumps up Shin's spine if he didn't already know what the sound was. He stood frozen in a half falling, one legged pose against the wall, only staring at that figure. Maybe he would still walk away?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:41 AM

Char was halfway toward the other door when something rattled. What...? Someone was around, that was for certain. The sound of an empty glass something rattling about silently in the night's air. It sounded eerie and he shivered at the good feeling of adrenaline seeping into his blood. It felt like his book's quiet chapters. When the characters crept about the alleyways to escape the insaity of the world's growing corruption with a monstrosity stalking among the clawing, biting, hissing humans. But this wasn't his book, of course---this was real. He looked around again, stepping up toward where the sound came from. A stupid move in the eyes of others, probably, but Char was too interested in seeing what it was. Or concerned if someone may be injured or too afraid or unable to speak. "Hello...?"

He turned. Against the wall he saw some... thing. A human, definitely. A familiar human. "Ah!" His surprise was only temporarily voiced. You again! Why are you here!? The words never left his head. Instead, Char shook his hair away and squared his feet on the ground. He knew why this guy was here. He was one of the band members. "Why are you out here?" He asked, in a way that no doubt sounded less accusatory and more interested. "Were you the one that yelled...?" Perhaps it was the high he was riding on since reading his email, but Char wasn't annoyed or angry or his usual pessimistic, brooding self. And he doubted it would ebb so easily as a stupid or snarky retort tossed his way.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 AM

So much for disappearing. Shin ran his hands over his face as if he could actually hide behind them. The giddy feeling he'd had less than a minute before was starting to sink. Now he knew why the voice had sounded familiar. It was familiar. Although if he thought about it, the guy didn't sound nearly as snarky as he usually did. Shin gave up on hiding and stepped away from the shadows next to the building so he could have a proper conversation, or something. "Do I have to have a reason for being outside...or for yelling?" he decided to admit. He doubted the other guy was going to go telling anyone that mattered about this incident. Shin probably shouldn't have been so concerned about keeping his persona intact, but it really was important for him.

"But don't you dare tell anyone about it!" he exclaimed for good measure. "Besides, I think a better question is why are you here? I didn't take you for the concert going type." Maybe it was the fact that Shin was too tired and just out of a concert, but he couldn't do much more than have a normal conversation. He didn't want to yell or be yelled at. So far the conversation seemed safe, but he was a bit nervous that it could go sour as it always seemed to.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:39 AM

Char shook his head, crossing his arms lightly, not in a defensive or closed-off stance. Maybe one didn't have to have a reason for yelling, but it wouldn't help one's illusion if sanity. He raised a brow at the young man's words then, and shook his head. It seemed this one tried too hard. Like a lot of others trying to keep some kind of appearance to total strangers, he or she would shift tiny points in their personality and it would become... well, certainly not what they wanted to come across as.

Still, he didn't mention it, and shrugged. "I was pulled along to this thing by a friend of mine. Wanted to spend his last day in town doing something different and knew I wouldn't say no." And Reese would have to leave early tomorrow morning. He'd call Char right before, because Reese knew his friend would be awake. "I actually don't like this kind of music at all---no offense, mind." He didn't mean to say he disliked the singers of said music, but the music itself. Still, something was really bothering him. He shook his head again. "But how is it we keep meeting in... unexpected places?" He asked, not really expecting an answer from the person that seemed as surprised as Char was. "This city's huge, and two people managing to meet in random places at the same time, some ridiculously secluded." He recalled the gazebo---he'd gone back the next day to get his knife.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-07-2013, 06:09 AM

"Oh..." At first that was all Shin could say. He stuffed his hands in his jean pockets and lamented that he didn't have his usual jacket because those were better pockets, and he was starting to actually feel cold as the air dried the last of his sweat. He regarded the other man. Things were definitely different this time. The conversation was agreeable and Shin didn't even take offense when the other said he disliked the music. Normally he would have, but he just didn't feel like being upset right now. Instead, he chose to focus on their continued meetings.

He let out a long sigh. "If this were a movie, I think us meeting would mean something. But this isn't a movie so..." he trailed off with a shrug. It wasn't like he understood the weird coincidence of it, but he was sure that's all it was even if he didn't believe that coincidences existed. A random thought came unbidden into his mind and he rolled his eyes, biting back a groan at the same time. "This is the universe laughing at us because I said I'd see you around on the bus!" Because, the universe totally would.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:21 AM

Maybe he was right. Some stars aligning so that they'd meet just for something to happen, some reaction to be taken from one, the other, or both. As if some higher power were laughing at them in their constant state of confusion or wariness at meeting one another. "Maybe I like to think too hard on things like this. Like I want to feel like there's some reason behind meeting and not just seeing it as stupid or random chance. As if I want to know there's something going on at a deeper level. But maybe I think too much." He looked behind him. Maybe Reese would be worrying about him by now, but he was still far too interested in why, in fact, this man and he were meeting. Char regarded the band member easily.

"So what's your name, anyway?" Char asked at last. "I don't know yours yet, but I'm assuming you know mine since you read my book..." It wasn't necessarily a point to mention the thing, as much as his knowledge of the man reading it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-07-2013, 07:14 AM

Shin regarded the other man, then chuckled softly. "I think you are thinking too hard on it, but even if there is a reason behind this, I'd rather not think on it. It could be a really weird reason," he said. He didn't want to think that there was something deeper to their meetings even if he found so many coincidences just as silly. But what kind of deeper meaning could there possibly be? The only ones he could think of were meanings he was no interested in.

He blinked, realizing that after all their meetings, they really didn't know each other. "Yeah, your name is Char right?" He remembered from the book and had to shake his head at that incident, even if he had enjoyed the book in the end. "I'm Shin." He stuck out his hand even though it was strange for him to initiate any physical contact with another. It just felt like the right thing to do in the moment. They were being properly introduced for the first time after all.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:27 AM

"You mean stranger than meeting more than several times in a bit more than a week?" Char asked offhandedly. Really, how much stranger could any 'deeper' meaning be? He wasn't sure, but didn't want to think about it in a dark parking lot at nearly midnight.

He reached out in turn, graspin the young man's hand briefly in a rather friendly move that wasn't necessarily common for Char. Shin was his name, then. It would be much more helpful to call him that than something along the lines of 'the blonde guy'. "Yeah, Char." He confirmed. "I... saw you at the bookstore last week, didn't I?" What had he been doing there? Shin had looked as if he were bobbing up and down in the back of the group as if trying to avoid a hunter's scope. His cell suddenly vibrated, and he brought it out, telling Reese he would be there in a minute.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 PM

Char had a point. The whole situation was already pretty dang weird. But then again. "It can always get weirder. And saying it won't just jinxes everything," he said simply. And with the way things were already going, it wouldn't even be that strange to say a jinx could happen.

Shin put his hand back in his pocket, ignoring the slight tingle. He definitely needed to shake hands with people more often so it wouldn't feel so strange when he did. He smiled a half smile and resisted the urge to roll his eyes at himself. "Yes, I was at the bookstore. I thought you saw me..." he trailed off, considering how much to say. But he was in a talkative mood, so he kept chatting. "I honestly stepped in there for no reason, but I got so surprised when I saw you, and cameras!" Even now, thinking about that day left him feeling shocked.

He nodded his head toward Char's phone. "Someone waiting on you?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:41 AM

For a moment Char felt as if he'd broken some secret code he hadn't realized he'd enacted, touching someone he didn't know, didn't really understand as a person or consider much of a friend. But it faded well enough and he fiddled with his phone---usually it was an excuse not to look at someone, but he chose otherwise this time---maybe because of the odd situation that had both of them in its grasp. He chuckled, though, and nodded. It was definitely something, to have seen Shin in the bookstore, and acting a little odd at the same time. He hadn't necessarily tried to see Shin, though it'd happened nonetheless. He still wasn't sure why, exactly, he had caught onto him so suddenly at that point.

He shrugged then, pocketing his phone. "He just doesn't like sitting still without someone to talk to." Char muttered. "Maybe I ought to go..." He nodded to himself, then looked up to Shin. "At this rate I don't doubt I'll be seeing you around." He laughed, waving slightly as he turned and jogged back to where Reese waited, no doubt feigning annoyance.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-08-2013, 01:41 AM

Shin nodded at the other man, then looked back at the backstage door. He had people waiting on him as well, or was it that he was waiting on them? At this point, the specifics were blurred behind other thoughts that came with meeting Char again. "I have no doubt we'll meet again," Shin muttered. Whether we want to or not. At this point though, Shin was beyond curious and even if the thought was startling, he did want to meet with Char again. He just wasn't going to say something like that out loud.

"I've got to get back to my band. Till we meet again then," he said with a wave and turned back to the door just as Char jogged off. It was probably best that they cut off the conversation now. If it went on any longer, it was going to get strange or something. It was already enough to take in that they had properly met and talked. Shin slipped back into the building to check on the others who were hopefully nearly ready to go. He took a second to clear his mind and put the other man out of it, then fixed a smile on his face so he could fall back into the mood that was vibrating in the air backstage.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:00 AM

There were still plenty of cars in the parking lot, but Reese's stuck out like a beacon. Its neon tone absorbed any light it could and threw it back at twice the intensity, and when he slid into the lavender-toned and wood-accented interior, Reese glared at him, but didn't seem all that upset. "I was starting to think some thugs pulled you into a van for ransom!" He prodded. "I'm not taking any money out of my account to pay them off!"

Char poked Reese in the side, earning a laughable squeal. "Yes you would. You love me too much!"

Reese rolled his eyes, starting out of the parking lot behind the rest of the vehicles. "Maybe I do, maybe I do." He sighed. "But if it's more an a hundred thousand, you're on your own!"

"Consider the feeling mutual." Char sneered.

"So what was it, anyway?" Reese asked, obviously curious and not hiding it well. "Anything dangerous?"

"Hardly. Just one of the band members."

Reese glared at him harder this time. "What!? And you just let me stew in the car while you shoot the breeze with the guy? C'mon, they're amazing, you gotta admit! They're gonna get a lot of notoriety."

"Maybe. But it was the guy I've been seeing all over the place. Shin."

"So, that's his name." Reese snickered. "Just a matter of time."

Char sighed. His friend was odd, but he didn't ask Reese to elaborate on what he meant. Though Char wasn't that clueless, and had a couple ideas. He leaned against the cool window as they rolled to Char's apartment complex.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-08-2013, 03:09 AM

Shin was welcomed back into the excitement with an announcement that they were going to go eat a midnight feast instead of going back to get some much needed sleep. Apparently the energy had yet to wear off and was rather growing. It only took a second for it to seep into Shin as well until a smile was stuck on his face.

"Aw, Shin~y is smiling so much!" Lee exclaimed, hanging off of his arm as the finally finished gathering their things and headed for the car together. "Did you meet a cute fan outside?"

Shin shook the younger boy off of him and made a big deal about frowning at the overly cute nickname, but he let it slide. "It's nothing like that. Can't I be happy about the concert?" It wasn't anything like that, right?

Lee waggled his eyebrows, but he got dragged away by two other the other members and chided for being such a nag. It wasn't like anyone believed Shin would be flirting with a girl considering how anti-social he was. Shin chuckled and joined in with the conversation about how the concert went, but mostly he was quiet and let the others lead the conversation. It was nice to focus on other things besides Char and he managed to get through the dinner without thinking too deeply about meanings. It was only a matter of time before his mind decided it wanted to make sense of everything though.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:40 AM

"The one with the upended hair?" Reese repeated, pulling to a stop outside Char's building. "Right, right, that's the one... So what'cha think, got your eye on him?"

"No!" Char snapped, but Reese didn't even blink.

"Mmh. Well, whatever the case, if you keep meeting I think you should do something. Y'know, before the world implodes."

Char rolled his eyes, getting out of the car and agreeing to answer Reese's call at five the next morning---or that morning, considering it was already past midnight. He went upstairs, sighing as he unlocked his door and leaned against the wood, flicking on the light in his kitchen and pausing there only to get a drink. He was tired, and didn't even feel he could pause to draw anything right now. Instead of tossing his half-charged phone on the chair, where he usually did, he brought it with him just in case Johnny called early. At least having a cellphone and no regular landline saved him a little money. Collapsing in bed without even taking off his shoes, Char stared at the ceiling.

When would they meet again? It was a curious thought, but one on Char's mind nonetheless. He couldn't contemplate why, in fact, he and Shin kept meeting. And how easy their last conversation had gone. No one had yelled, no one had called the other an asshole, no one felt hostility. Eventually Char fell asleep, but it was light and difficult.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-08-2013, 04:31 AM

Finally, Shin was back at the dorm and the energy had finally worn off on all of them. The manager did little more than wave and say they had the rest of the week off before he left them. Shin wasn't sure what he was going to do with that free time, but he didn't have the capacity to think about such things now. He changed into an oversized shirt with a cartoon puppy on it (an unwelcome but comfortable gift) and sweat pants. Barely seconds after that, he was asleep on his bed. It was probably the first time he'd fallen asleep before his roommate, but he had about a week worth of lost sleep to catch up on. Yes, that was what he was going to do with his free time. Sleep.

Shin stayed true to his desire to sleep. The afternoon sun was already poking through the a crack in the curtains when Shin forced his eyes open. The time surprised him and he had to stare at his phone blankly for a minute before he decided that it really was 12:07. The even weirder thing was, he still felt groggy and dead. The entire dorm was quiet, though Shin realized Reno was already gone. When he finally did get out of bed, a quick scan of the place told him that only Kris was still there sleeping in a puddle of drool. The others appeared to have gone off somewhere, leaving the late sleepers behind. That left Shin in a quandary of what to do.

Oh what the hell, he deserved to indulge some. He grabbed his wallet and headed outside, his heart set on some of the venders that edged the park. He'd been avoiding unhealthy food plaguishly and now he wanted to binge of fried vender junk and ice cream.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:06 AM

His cell phone rattled and rolled off the pillow with a pinging sound that was so annoying it would wake the heaviest of sleepers. He came to almost immediately and rolled over, grabbing the phone before he could see who might be on it and answered. Reese, calling to say goodbye for now. He'd see the colorful painter elsewhere, of course, but it would probably be a while before he could see him physically again. He was awake enough to give coherent answers, and hear that Reese was his usual bouncy self as he sprang about his hotel room, probably gathering the rest of his things. If Char recalled correctly, Reese would have about ten bags, all different colors and patterns he dyed them.

He went back to sleep without realizing it, and woke up at around ten in the morning. Suddenly feeling as if he'd awakened from a three-year coma, Char jumped up and ran about the apartment, getting a shower and getting dressed in a dark purple tee-shirt and black lightweight jacket, closely-fitted black jeans and thick-soled sneakers. Stepping out into the living room and kitchen, Char felt too wired to work on his art right now. He checked his phone and quickly replied to that email Johnny had sent. And another had come in while he'd been asleep, notifying him that a very large payment had come in. Very large. What an understatement. But he'd have to go to the bank to clear that up, and finally give in to his temptation to buy a car. A new car, not a used piece of junk he'd have to deal with on a daily basis. He'd be able to pay for it all right then and there... get the insurance sorted out... It was like some fever dream had come to be true.

He packed up his satchel again, in case a thought or idea came to him while he was off. He was so excited... So excited, for once! And he could hardly contain it. The corners of his mouth were twitching as he leapt down the stairs. Nothing too modest but nothing ridiculous. Something that could survive a long time and handle well... Yes, yes, that would be perfect. A truck? Maybe then he could buy supplies in bulk. But it would be big... He preferred a bit smaller. Quieter. The ideas were endless as he walked---rather than taking the bus---to the bank a few blocks away.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-08-2013, 05:36 AM

Shin bought a corn dog, a pretzel, and some vanilla ice cream all at once and then went to sit on a bench. It was too warm for him for once, so he ditched his jacket before leaning back in the seat to eat. He started with the ice cream. It would be a pity if it were to melt and its sweetness was taunting him. Sun was shining through the trees in dappled patterns and the road that was just beyond the trees edge added a soothing whoosh sound in the background. Normally the pass of cars shouldn't have been an enjoyable noise, but today it sounded like ocean waves. Hm, ocean...would he be able to convince his other members to drive out of down to go to the ocean with him? He hadn't been since he was a kid.

He knew he was being out of character, but he just couldn't bring himself to care especially since he was alone now. He would probably fall back on his normally reserved behavior when eyes were on him, but for now he was content to lick the edge of his plastic ice cream cup as he stared off with a silly smile.

The problem of what to do with his day was still there though. He couldn't make an entire day out of eating and he was the sort that needed to do something no matter how much he wanted to indulge. He groaned and stared at the handful of numbers in his phone. "Why do I have no friends?" he muttered to himself.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:55 AM

Char was in and out with a surprising speed that even he hadn't expected. Now that his money situation was settled and the bank (and other larger ones in the area) was notified, he went walking down the street to the dealership just a couple blocks forward. It felt like a dream, everything passing by in a haze as if he were only just asleep enough to know what was going on, but couldn't be bothered to take everything in. A flurry of vehicles, all so bright and beautiful and none scratched or dented or hideous in general. He went through lines and chose a black 2014 Volt that had caught his eye immediately. He felt himself go through the questions, the background checks---he was free of any debt, somehow---and felt his hand sign the contract. But still, it felt... ridiculously dream-like and more than once he pinched himself to make sure it wasn't, in fact, a dream. When details of his insurance for the car came up, he focused a little more, despite finding the stuff bothersome.

He was out, at last. After an hour he was out, and a beautiful key was in his hand. And his vehicle was waiting for him. He'd have to get a few more things checked out, and obsessively checked his license to make sure it hadn't expired. No, nothing. He was free. Free and road-legal.

Char was behind the wheel in an instant, off onto the road and out of his haze. The breeze felt so good... Where could he go? Go and lament on the concept of having enough money to buy this thing without plunging into bone-crushing debt or destroying himself? The beach sounded amazing. Not something he'd visit often, and not something others might consider him to enjoy. After all, he was still Char, still that brooding, disturbed individual that wore black when everyone else wore white. He drifted slowly and finally parked at the side of the road so others could drift by a little faster, catching someone familiar staring at something in his hand. Well, what a coincidence. He got out of his car, making sure to lock it, but didn't do anything immediately---Char never did.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-08-2013, 06:32 AM

By the time that Shin had finished off his ice cream and the corn dog, he was bored of sitting. It was just impossible to sit still for any length of time. He dumped his trashed, then started back toward the dorm, his pretzel held in his mouth. He needed his hands free so that he could send a mass text to his band mates, asking if they wanted to go to the beach Sunday. Already his mind was spinning with thoughts over a day of fun in the sun. He didn't have a swim suit, but he could fix that easily. He wasn't so poor that he couldn't purchase a few new clothing items. It would be nice when the band started seeing some decent income though. He didn't know what the concert had pulled in.

He moved mostly by instinct and whatever motion he gleaned from his periphery vision. Texting and walking wasn't really one of Shin's many skills, but he was good at avoiding people. He made his way across the grass toward the noise of the street and started walking along the sidewalk when he felt pavement under his feet. Just as he hit the 'send' button, he noticed an arguing couple to his left, so he made a quick dodge. Unfortunately, he managed to dodge right into someone else. Gasping and wobbling a little, he lost the pretzel in the process. But when Shin caught himself and turned to apologize to the person he'd run into, he saw who it was.

"Char?!" He was almost positive he was hallucinating. Wasn't the universe done playing with them?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 AM

He hadn't exactly expected that---Shin's sudden movement was just so sudden he couldn't react in time not to be bowled into, and he stumbled a couple steps to his left. He'd come up onto the sidewalk with little true intent, perhaps to walk a little or find some food if Shin didn't react. Actually, why had he wanted a reaction? Was it because Shin seemed odd? Odd in the way that was rather interesting? True enough, perhaps. One didn't exactly find someone like Reese in any run of the mill sidewalk or business building or bar, and it was just the same with this guy. Had he made it an intention to actually---if not literally---bump into him?

He almost laughed at Shin's reaction, shock and awe and a little disbelief. Instead, he settled with a nod and relatively inviting smile---or so he'd liked to think at the time. Rearranging his satchel, which had fallen loose of his shoulder in the sudden jostling, Char stood up straight. "Curious I keep seeing you." He said, regarding the arguing couple huffing away, albeit together. "I'm surprised you're not being flagged down by new fans." He'd had his fair share of people squealing in the distance at him, or waving, but not finding the courage to approach as shown by the look in their eyes. A dream of his had come true a few days before when someone had asked him to sign their hardback copy of his book, and another after that.

He hadn't made his comment sound degrading or teasing, but enough people had been at that little concert. Surely word would have spread by now.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 AM

Shin blinked a few times and decided that he wasn't hallucinating. He didn't know why he was so surprised to see the other man now. They were practically making a habit of it. After a second, common sense kicked in and he moved out of the middle of the sidewalk so he could better chat with Char. Since they had managed to run into each other again, unfortunately literally, Shin figured he might as well stick around. It wasn't like he was bored or anything.

"I'm beginning to think that we can't go a day without running into each other," he said with a roll of his eyes. "I'd almost think you were doing it on purpose or something." Of course he could tell the other man was just as baffled and intrigued as he was.

Shin found himself still smiling easily. With a start, he realized he hadn't even thought about fans and how popular his face could become. He glanced furtively over one shoulder, but honestly he hadn't noticed anyone looking at him with anything like recognition. He hadn't been paying attention to such things though. The thought that a fan would recognize and approach him had him feeling a little queasy with a mix of fear and excitement. "Eh, they probably can't recognize me without the hair gel and makeup..." he muttered as he ran his hand through his hair.