Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-19-2014, 04:57 AM

Amir raised a brow, looking after Ken as he vanished into the other room. That tint to his face was obvious---and Amir wasn't quite sure what to call it. He hadn't been working with Ken for a terribly long time, perhaps several months, so he still wasn't sure what his stance on social touching was. The stutter was evident too. What was on Ken's mind? Amir blinked, wishing he could figure that out.

"Okay, let's go." Amir jerked his head, and started down the hall, going a quiet way with Ken slightly in front of him so he could keep an eye on the singer. "Hm, once a month? That... That'd be nice, actually... I'd be able to promise Elsa some solid meets, send time with her... see if her mother's taking care of her right." He added the last bit grudgingly. He wanted Elsa under his protection at all times. She told him about her mother's boyfriends and they all seemed like such lowlifes. She'd even called one evening while hiding in a closet, saying she was afraid of all the yelling. Amir had been terrified for her, but she had hung up to call the police after that. At least she was intelligent. He sighed quietly, looking up as they emerged into a small alcove with a set of glass doors. There was a pair of security officers outside the doors, and a black van with very heavily tinted windows idling outside.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 05:35 AM

"That would be great if you could see her that often!" Ken smiled, his face finally back to it's normal pale color. Ken wondered what things were like for Amir's daughter. His own experiences were surely different since his dad didn't really date, not that he was aware of anyways. He and Vivianne would normally split the chores, even though Ken knew Vivianne purposely did more since she was the older sibling.
Ken nodded to the security officers as he made his way to the van.
"Oh! I don't know how this would work, but what if when she has breaks from school we bring her with us?" Ken suggested, "It wouldn't have to be for long periods, in case her mom freaks out, but like a few days or a week, would that be possible?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:43 AM

When they were outside, Amir's guard went up immediately. In the open he was always more watchful, studious, keeping an eye out for anyone that might want to badger Ken or do some kind of harm to him for some inconceivable reason. There was no one in this particular side street, however, beyond the two guards and the driver, who was standing just outside his door. He nodded to Amir and got in as the door was opened for Ken.

"You'd want to...?" Amir nearly gasped. "I mean, she's not very old... you'd not mind if she tagged along? That..." He shook his head, ushering Ken into the vehicle and closing the door, then going around. He took that time to regain himself. What was he doing? Ken was too kind and he was trying to grab a mile when all that should have been offered was an inch. He got in on the other side of the vehicle, notifying the driver to head to the hotel they had been booked at. Ken's was a two-bedroom suite that Amir holed up in since it was easier---and closer---than two separate rooms. "That's too kind Ken, I don't think I could accept." He sighed as the van started on its way. "It... It'd be too much trouble." But the fantasy of Elsa being with him at all times, under his wing, was so appealing he couldn't stop thinking about it.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 03:14 PM

'Why's he being so hesitant with this?' Ken wondered as he climbed into the car.
"I don't think it'd be any trouble." Ken said with a small yawn as he looked out the window and watched the scenery pass by, "I like kids, and if all else we could get her books, game, coloring books, or what ever if she got board during show. I know I don't know her, but I think it'd be kinda cute to see you both reading at the shows."
The thought made Ken laugh quietly. He wanted Amir to be happy, and talking about him seeing his girl was the happiest Ken had seen him.
"Even if we couldn't have her on the road with us for a week, I think it'd be fun to have her with us for a few days anyways." Ken smiled sleepily as he turned back to Amir.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:21 PM

Amir hummed to himself, imagining just what Ken had put together in his mind. Spending time on the road with both Ken and Elsa was a wonderful thought. Reading with her, playing word games when all else failed. She often said she wanted to travel with Amir and see all the things he did in real life, rather than through pictures and Internet searches. "That does sound nice..." He admitted finally, staring out at the road as it sped by. His eyes darted over everyone's faces, watchful even though they were in a nondescript van and no one could see inside.

"I'll ask... It'll take a bit of petitioning to be able to get Elsa to come with us. Considering the nature of my job, the fact that I'm always armed and our large amount of travel, I'd probably have to meet specific standards." He leaned against the window in thought until he felt Ken's eyes on him. Then he looked around. "She did some bad stuff, Ken. To keep Elsa away from me, she did some... bad things." He shook his head. "It didn't stick, but... the shame just clings like a cloud. Some people just didn't believe me. So... It might be a bit hard to finally get her with me. But if you're willing to try, I sure as hell will be." He nodded sternly.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 06:30 PM

Ken gave him a look of mixed concern and curiosity, "Bad stuff? Like what?" The question left his mouth before he could think about it and he quickly shook his head, "Y-you don't have to tell me if you don't want, that's totally fine!" Ken waved his hand, as if he was trying to wave the question away. He didn't like people prying into his past, so he usually tried not to pry with other people. With Amir though, he was curious. 'Curiosity killed the cat.' He thought to himself.
"B-but yea I'd be up for having her come with us if she can." Ken said with a smile as he rubbed the back of his head.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:47 PM

Amir bit his lip, glancing sideways. He didn't have the right to keep secrets from Ken but some things were too disgusting and painful to recount. Especially regarding falsities revolving around Elsa. He shrugged. "She just spat some awful accusations about me regarding Elsa. Trying to get me in prison, at the most, or just keeping her to herself. But since it wasn't believed by the court I could probably get custody of her... if her mother is incompetent..." And he certainly thought she was. Bethany was always a hothead, loud and easy to anger.

"I'm glad you're up for that." Amir said finally, not hesitating to mask his relief as they pulled into the hotel parking lot, heading around to the back. "I don't think any of my other charges would even want to hear about her." Ken was hugely famous, too. He had plenty of reason not to want an eight year old tagging along here or there.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 07:59 PM

"That's horrible she did that..." Ken said, looking down as he fidgeted with his fingers, "I don't get why some parents do that. My mom..." He paused, scratching the back of his neck as he looked out the window then back to Amir, "She wasn't exactly like that, but she tried to convince me and Vivi that dad wasn't really at the hospital when he'd go out at night. She tried telling us that he was with another woman and he should be ashamed of himself. I was a little younger than Elsa, so I didn't really understand. Vivi did though, she was sixteen at the time and she kept telling mom she was wrong. One night there was a really bad accident and dad got called in. Mom went off on her usual rant and Vivi started yelling at her to stop trying to make us hate our dad. After that mom stormed out and... Well we just thought she'd come back with dad, but when dad got home mom wasn't with him and I haven't seen my mom since then. It wasn't till I was older that I Vivi had told me she had found out shortly after that night that mom was the one cheating on dad and she was trying to make him into the bad guy so we'd like the guy she'd been running around with." Ken was quiet for a moment as he stared at the back of the hotel, "I know it's not the same, but I've got an idea what it's like being in the kinda spot Elsa's in." Ken looked at Amir again, "That's part of why I'm all for her coming with us, to get her away from whatever her mom tries to say about you and just let her be a kid, ya know?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:09 PM

Amir listened stoically, but felt a small ember of anger toward a crazy mother abandoning her children and turning their father into the bad guy. It was almost too similar to what was happening with Elsa, and knowing that, he felt a seeping guilt, cold, come in to extinguish the ember of anger. He put a hand on Ken's arm. "Well, you found out early on how bad she was. I'm glad for that, because you've had time to put something back together, rebuild in a way. I'd like that for Elsa, she doesn't seem to like any of her mother's boyfriends." He pulled back as the vehicle halted, and jumped out, looking around and going to Ken's side.

Pulling the door open, Amir helped Ken out. "But I really look forward to seeing her, Ken. I'm glad you're giving me a chance." How often had he had to bite his tongue when he'd wanted to at least mention the girl because his charge was just too busy to even feign interest in their guard's personal life? And Ken was inviting it. He led Ken to the back door of the building, which was usually manned by an employee of the hotel to keep people from sneaking in.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 08:28 PM

"Yea," Ken said as he rubbed the back of his head, "I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for Vivi. She kinda played sister and mom for me." He bit his lip as he fallowed Amir to the back door, "I just... Kids in these kinda situations should get to see their dads. I mean, I would have loved to spend more time with dad when I was growing up. So if there's anyway I can help you see your little girl I'll do what ever I can!" Ken tugged at his hoody, fidgeting with the loose string at the hem or the pocket, "H-honestly, since we're talking about all this and everything, I... I'd actually like to get to know you more." Ken could feel the heat rising in his cheeks again as he spoke a little quicker, "If you're up for that I mean! I-its just talking about all this kinda g-got me thinking I don't know much about you."
Ken glanced up and quickly looked away from the other man, feeling his cheeks begin to burn more, 'Ahh! I don't remember the last time I blushed so much in one day! Why did I just say all that?!'

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:16 PM

Though he was doing his best not to completely beam, Amir was wiping the smile off his face as if it were stuck. And it was, but he had to keep a relatively neutral expression. He moved with Ken through the hall that passed the hotel's kitchens, then the dining rooms, of which there were two, and to the elevator alcove. Luckily no one was there. He smiled Ken's way, feeling curious. Recently he'd been going flush and stuttering quite often and Amir recognized it somewhat as the way he'd act around a crush of his when he was younger. But that had been a long time ago, so he was probably reading it wrong. He pressed the button to the elevator and looked to Ken.

"I'd be glad to tell you more." Amir said, brightening his smile. "I don't think there should be any secrets since I'm more or less entrusted with your health and life. Was there anything... specific you wanted to know?" He looked up at the digital floor display, and apparently the elevator was coming down from one of the highest floors.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 PM

Ken felt his heart skip a beat when he saw Amir smile at him. At this point his whole face had turned red. 'Calm down!' He mentally screamed at himself, 'You're looking like a total spaz!'
"I-I don't think their should be secrets either." Ken looked away, hoping it would make his face go back to a normal color, "I-I don't know specifically... umm..."
'I could ask if he likes guys.' Ken thought, but that thought made him turn even redder than he already was.
"I-I don't know what to ask right now." The brunette mumbled as he flipped his hood up, trying to hide his red face.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:04 PM

Amir was quiet, biting his lip to combat the smile that wanted to take over his whole face. "Well, if you figure something out... You can ask anything, y'know." He wanted to cross his arms, but that would seem too closed off, perhaps. Instead he breathed in, and looked back at Ken. There was no imagining it, nor brushing it off---he was acting just like Amir had when he was fourteen. 'No, shut up, he's basically a kid...' He knitted his brow and made a face at the door. 'And you're ancient?' He was still young, why was he thinking like this?

"You okay? You look... maybe a bit sick." Amir breathed in, taking his mind off the thoughts in his head. "I guess it's been a bit crazy tonight..." He offered instead as the doors slid open, and he ushered Ken inside.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 PM

Ken hurried inside the elevator, "Uh, y-yea. I'm fine, just kinda tired." Ken hoped he bought that excuse.
'I could always ask him about age differences...' Ken thought. 'I mean, I'm only twenty four, it's not like he's old enough to be my dad or anything...'
He studied the buttons and small plaques in the elevator as he chewed his bottom lip, trying to work up the nerve to ask his question. He watched the numbers change until the elevator stopped on their floor.
"H-hey I know a question." Ken said, looking up at Amir through his hood, "What's your thought on age differences between two people dating?" Then he quickly added, "V-Vivi's interested in this guy at her college, but she's hung up on the fact that he's like almost ten years older than her. I-I think it could work, if they get along and everything I mean."
Ken mentally kicked himself, he wasn't very good at being discrete in conversations, 'I don't think I could have been more obvious...'

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 PM

Amir smiled and nodded, taking that excuse as it was, and stood with his hands behind his back beside Ken, staring up at the black orb in the corner of the elevator that was the security camera. He wasn't sure what the guards on the other end of the lens were thinking, but they couldn't be used to being stared at.

When the elevator came to a stop, he blinked and looked around at Ken. Was he trying to be obvious? Amir shook his head. He was so close with his sister it was probably true---they seemed to talk every day. "Weeell..." Amir said, breathing the word out like a sigh as they stepped out of the elevator. "I had a friend when I was overseas, see? He had parents that were a good twelve years apart in age. And my own parents---take this with a grain of salt since I'm Egyptian and so are they---are nearly eleven years apart. So my philosophy on age is, as long as both parties are legal or above, then I just hope they love each other." He dug around in his pocket, finding one of the keycards for the room they had and swiping it through the reader, then Amir opened the door for Ken. "So, you can tell Vi what I said, okay?"

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 PM

"Okay!" Ken said, perking up a bit as he went into the room. He look around the room for a moment before dropping his bag by the bed and letting himself fall back on the bed. A content smile spread across his face as he laid there. At this point he was used to hotel rooms, but it was always interesting to see the differences in each one. This one for example had several warm color tones to the room, where as the last room had several shades of blues and whites.
When Ken finally felt like his face had gone back to its normal ivory skin tone he pulled his hoody off, setting it down next to him as he yawned.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:57 PM

Amir stepped in after Ken, glad to have taken care of whatever was eating at him. He was normally so sure of himself, so when he stammered it put Amir slightly on edge. Closing the door, he locked it against any unwanted intruder and turned, stretching. "Well, I'm glad that helped some at least. Tell Vivi hi from me when you talk with her again, yeah?" He started toward the door that would lead into the room he'd occupied for the past day and a half since arriving. "Anyway, I'll be nearby. Good night, Ken." He nodded to the young singer, slipping into the other room and closing the door. His bags were in the corner, stacked and only a third of the way unpacked. He didn't bring much and most of his clothes were identical, plain black and inconspicuous. He stepped forward, pulling his gun from his belt and checking its safety before slipping it under his pillow and flopping down on the bed.

For a moment he stared up at the ceiling and the dim light fixture. He could still see those creepy eyes staring at him, though they had only glanced his way and hadn't even lingered for more than a moment. He was so paranoid... Maybe Ken was right.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 11:17 PM

"I will," Ken said with a smile as he waved, "I'm sure she'll say hi back. Night!"
Ken flopped back on the bed again, then looked around at his surroundings, debating if he wanted to shower now or in the morning. It didn't take long for his mind to wander back to Amir's smile. Ken blushed, grabbing the pillow above him and burying his face in it.
'Oh god...' He thought, 'I really do have a crush on him!' He peeked out from under the pillow, 'Well, he did say age wasn't a big deal... Ah! No!' He shook his head violently, 'No! No! No! Don't set yourself up like that! Just cause you like guys doesn't mean he does too! If something happens just roll with it, if not just don't think about it!'
With a sigh he got up, deciding a shower was a good idea. Ken stripped down to his boxers before making his way to the bathroom. He opened the door, expecting to see the typical white bathroom, but instead when he flipped the light on he was greeted by a squealing fan girl. Ken jumped, yelping as the girl tackled him. After the two hit the ground, Ken groaned and looked at the girl, realizing she was wearing nothing but her underwear.
"I knew it!" She squealed, "I knew this was your room! I'm so happy mom talked me into working here now!"
"W-what are you doing?!" Ken snapped, blushing as he pushed her off of him, without thinking he shouted, "Amir!"
The girl tackled him again, "I won't tell, I swear!"
"Yea right!" Ken hissed as he pushed her away, "Sorry to break it to you but I'm into guys!"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:39 PM

Amir was unclipping five pounds of necessities from his belt, about to disrobe and crawl under the light sheet on his bed. Tossing his radio onto the dresser near the door, he turned back to the room and startled when he heard Ken's oddly panicked call. He dove for his gun and flipped the safety off, slamming the door open and blinking in surprise. Why he'd expected some big, ugly brute was beyond him, but he certainly hadn't expected a nearly-naked girl. How the hell had she even gotten in? Amir stalked forward, pulling her by the arm to get her off Ken and sliding the gun into the front of his belt. "Good God, how the hell did you get in here?" He demanded, glaring at the young woman. She barely looked eighteen.

"I-I used..." the girl looked absolutely shocked as Amir dug in his pocket and pulled a set of plastic cuffs out, tying her hands behind her back. "... m-my master key---"

"You used your master key!?" Amir huffed, directing her to sit on the bed and grabbing a towel from the bathroom. "Jesus, you're crazy, girl... Ken, are you okay?" He looked directly at Ken, focusing only above the neck before wrapping one of the hotel towels around the girl's front and shoulders. He disappeared only for an instant to grab his radio from his room and switch channels. "Security, we have a stow-away. Possible minor, breaking and entering and possible assault." He was given an affirmative barely a second later.

The girl started ranting at him almost incoherently, twisting her arms. Amir shook his head and waved to Ken. "Go in my room until this is settled, security's on the way."

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-19-2014, 11:59 PM

"I'm okay, just more surprised than anything." Ken replied, breathing a little heavier than normal since he'd been wrestling the girl off of him until Amir grabbed her.
'How is it I had that much trouble with a girl?' Ken thought to himself. Maybe it was because she was a girl that he didn't really use all of his strength. After all, there were different ways the girl could twist things around to make him seem like the bad guy.
Ken nodded when Amir told him to go to the other room, quickly moving to grab his pants before doing so.
"I-I's just such a big fan of yours Ken!" The girl said, blushing since her plan hadn't worked the way she thought it would, "I just thought-"
"Look I know what you were going for since your wearing- well not wearing- either way! This isn't how you get that kind thing!" Ken snapped as he pulled his pants up, "I thought I was alone in here and you scare me half to death jumping on me like that!"
"I... I'm sorry..." The girl whimpered as she stared at him, her eyes starting to tear up.
Ken let out an aggravated sigh as he walked into Amir's room and sat on the bed.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:10 AM

Amir sighed and crossed his arms. The door had been locked, so he'd assumed no one else was in the room. Of course that was his first fault---he'd assumed, and he was never, ever supposed to assume. He was supposed to check the room to make sure it was safe, and he didn't do it this time. That was stupid. And that crazy little girl could have easily been a psychopath with a gun or knife. He glared at the girl as Ken stepped away, and when the door closed he crossed his arms.

"What were you thinking?" He asked the girl sternly. "Were you even thinking at all? What the hell do you think your parents are gonna say when they have to come get you in used prison clothes?"

The girl was red-faced, no longer trying to yell at him, as Amir went to the door to unlock it. He was met by two large men, about his size but much more built, who stepped inside to take the girl. One said they would have to wait for the police to arrive and take their statements. Amir sighed and nodded, stepping into his room. "Ken, the cops will be here soon. They'll come up, so you'll have to give your story to them, yeah?" He moved in to sit in the chair just across from the bed.

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 12:27 AM

'What if that had been that possible stalker Amir was talking about?' Ken thought to himself, 'What if that had been that possible stalker guy? Vivi always said I could see the good in everyone so I never expect the bad. Maybe this is the kinda stuff she was talking about.' Ken sighed as he ran his hand through his still slicked back hair, though at this point part of the gel had worn off, making the part he ran his hand through look messy.
"Yea I can do that," He said, staring at his feet for a moment before he looked at Amir, "Is it a bad thing that I give people the benefit of the doubt?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:43 AM

Amir nodded with a slight smile, then looked out the door he'd left open slightly so he could keep an eye on what was happening in the other room. The girl was talking to one of the security agents, but he couldn't understand what she was saying because her voice was too low. "Bad?" He asked, looking back at Ken and giving his form a quick glance. "Well..." He bit his lip and looked up.

"Maybe... a bit. But if you think badly of everyone, everyone will be bad in your eyes. Ken, you just need to be careful. Don't hate them or be afraid of them outright, and don't be overly friendly, but be... wary." He slouched. "I don't think I'm the best person to ask about this, actually... I spent three years under fire in some of the worst possible conditions so I hated everyone for a while... If you want to see the good in everyone, Ken, I won't stop you, but you have to understand that sometimes the good you see masks the bad they don't want you to catch onto."

Vinny XIII
✨☕️✨

Old 06-20-2014, 01:04 AM

Ken chewed his bottom lip, thinking about what Amir said for a bit before he finally spoke, "Okay, I'll be more careful."
Ken fell back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling as he thought to himself, 'I wonder what all Amir's gone through to think like that... Maybe I can ask him another time.'
Ken shut his eyes for a minute, letting his mind wander to other questions about Amir as he drifted into a light sleep. He curled up as he rolled onto his side, getting more comfortable.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:21 AM

Amir nodded, sitting back in his chair and resting his head in his hand. He was staring out the double windows, watching the streets that stretched beyond the buildings, and drifted toward Ken, who had apparently gone to sleep in the few minutes they had been silent. With his eyes closed Amir felt almost safe to study the form in the dim light. It was hard not to admit---even to himself---just how cute Ken was. He had fans like that crazy girl for a reason. He shook his head, setting his gun on the table beside him and standing to look out the window. Two black and white cruisers were out there, so he stepped out of the room to meet them.

The officers met him with a brief handshake and he took them in, leading one to the girl and explaining that she was apparently an employee with the hotel and had used her master key to get into the room to hide. Ken had called him out after she had ambushed him from the bathroom. The officer he was speaking to asked to see Ken and Amir peered into the other room. "Ken?"