Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-18-2008, 03:23 AM

Thank you to Iroase Delschatten for the great art and Sizzla for the great banners!

Last edited by Zweres; 11-03-2008 at 06:47 AM..

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-25-2008, 03:25 AM

Costume Capers - An Avatar Contest!

It's Halloween, and while some people are Trick-or-Treating or gorging themselves with candy, on the island of Menewsha, a costume contest is happening in one of the adjacent buildings near the town hall. Here on Menewsha, creativity and sense is rewarded with sweet prizes. Without further ado, I present to you Costume Capers, and avatar contest looking to reward you for your creativity and sense.

Costume Capers - Overview!

Costume Capers is one of the festivities that is being held for the Halloween event. In this contest, there will be various categories for you to submit avatars for. There are 3 categories overall (which will be mentioned a few posts down). If you submit an avatar for any of these categories, it will be looked at and judged. The two judges for this event is Jellysundae and Zweres. Both of these judges will cooperate together to decide which avatars get a prize depending on creativity, sense, and other factors as well. The people handing out the sweet prizes will be the judges, who you can learn a bit about them below. :)

Costume Capers - About the Hosts!

Zweres

I have been a Menewsha staff member for a little more than a year, so it's exciting to still be a staff member at this point. You can oftentimes find me lurking about in the forums, and feel free to send me a PM! I love it when people try to get to know me, and they might realize that I'm actually not as evil as I really am. But anyway, the point is that feel free to send me a message if you see me around the forums, and always feel free to send me PM's as well.

Jellysundae

Hi! I'm Jelly, and while you may not see me around much I'm nearly always here! My time is usually spent either trying to come up with fun and exciting new things for you guys, sorting out problems, or hunting down cheaters! So I'm taking a break from that and coming out to see what awesome outfits everyone can come up with for this contest, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries ^^

Last edited by Lise; 10-27-2008 at 05:38 AM..

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 AM

Costume Capers - Rules of the game!

Rules, not exactly the most exciting part of this thread, but certainly one of the most important parts. Rules are imperative that not only this thread runs smoothly, but all of Menewsha as well. Therefore, it is important to make sure you read all the rules thoroughly enough so you understand them. Make sure you read all the rules of this thread as well, because there is something in the "rules" section that you must follow if you want your avatar entry to be accepted as well! The rules are listed below.

• Please make sure you have read the FAQ as well, as those apply to all of Menewsha.
  • Remaining respectful of each other in person and including avatar entries. Constructive criticism is fine, but rudeness is not.
  • Cheating will not be tolerated. This includes entering more entries on a mule account. You will be automatically disqualified from this contest if you are caught. Remember that we watch this site like a hawk!
  • The guidelines that are posted for avatar submission are to be followed at all times. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the avatar that is being submitted to not be accepted. Also, please make sure you private message me with a picture of your avatar entry, it will be alot easier on myself to make sure I receive every entry!
  • We all have different avatar tastes, and myself and jellysundae are no exceptions. If your avatar did not place for a prize, please don't be upset as everyone's avatar tastes vary.
  • The entry cut-off date is to be decided depending on the amount of entries we receive. Once the entry cut-off date is decided, we will post it as soon as possible.
  • Enjoy the rest of the Halloween event!

Last edited by Lise; 10-27-2008 at 05:39 AM..

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-26-2008, 05:02 AM

Costume Capers - Guidelines and Categories

The guidelines and categories exist for you to use when submitting your avatar to be judged. Please be sure to use the form, and to submit your entry via PM. The form will be posted below. Entry forms that have not been PM'ed to me will not be added to the list of submitted avatars.

Categories

Traditional Halloween Costume
The title says it all, create the best Halloween costume you can for this category

Sugar and spice and all things nice..

For those who just want to dress up at pretty as can be, this is the category for you! There's no need for the pink to be put away for this holiday, deck yourself out as cutely as possible to try to win this category, guys welcome too!

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog's Tails

Do you have the "EW!" factor? That's what this one is all about, we're looking for some nasty outfits here, but don't think you can win by just throwing on a load of mismatched items, it's got be ugly with some style!

You are allowed to submit 1 avatar for each category. For all of these categories, you are allowed to use your own inventory and the Menewsha Avatar Creator.

Costume Capers - Entry Form

The entry form to be used when you submit your avatar is below.

Code:
Costume Capers ; Entry Form!

Username :
Category or Categories entering : 
Images of Contest entry or entries :

Costume Capers - Prizes

In all categories, there will be 3 winners to each. Depending on the judges, honorable mentions may be given out, and that user would get a small amount of gold. For all of the categories, the first place winner receives 1,000 gold, the second place winner receives 750 gold, and the third place winner receives 500 gold. An honorable mention would receive 250 gold. You are allowed to enter all three categories!

Last edited by Lise; 10-27-2008 at 05:40 AM..

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 AM

Costume Capers - Entries!

Costume Capers - "Halloween"

- Fizali - Enzeru - Disturbed66 - Cami - Daashi - Melody Xyelle - Mascot Sith - Captain Aamelia - SpicedRoses - Dragoness - Ithir - Kultara - Roocee - Nvs - Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda - Lumi - FlyingYume1 - LillieRose - Rylynee - Queen Haythia Mlerkrad - Blueblackrose - CrepsleyKabob - Muggles Running Amok - King - Snowflower - Ferra - CK - DavyJonesLover - Elwing - Spanish Leek Squared - wasashu

Costume Capers - Sugar and Spice and All Things Nice

- Fizali - Croon - Enzeru - Paprika - Lissi - SpicedRoses - Kultara - Heartpoint -
Morbid Searaphim - Nvs - Lumi - FlyingYume1 - Blueblackrose - Snowflower - CK

Costume Capers - Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog's Tails

- Fizali - Enzeru - Sweetly25 - Burnt Biscuits - Majinkoz - Kultara - Eserel - Elwing - Nvs - Risque - Snowflower - CK

Last edited by Zweres; 11-17-2008 at 06:18 AM..

vadeil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-28-2008, 12:01 AM

is it alright to post? i don't know if mine fits in with any of the category's xD

i think i must come up with something.

Cerenity
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-28-2008, 12:26 AM

This sounds like fun! I hope I can come up with some good ones. ^_^
(and I hope we're allowed to post)

`puppet
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-28-2008, 12:59 AM

oh! oh! i can be counted in the halloween section! * w*
is trying to aim for a vampire ne~ xDDD

though i wonder what else i can come up with...hm...= w=;
the avatar creator doesnt seem to work for me...what a shame...

Last edited by `puppet; 10-28-2008 at 01:40 AM..

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 AM

I think I might be able to come up with something..i'm not very good at this stuff though.

Croon
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Croon Send a message via MSN to Croon Send a message via Yahoo to Croon

Old 10-28-2008, 01:13 AM

The really "smart" people like me always forget to read the (very strongly emphasized) guidelines
xD;;;;
Ignore this post!
>A<;

Last edited by Croon; 10-28-2008 at 02:05 AM..

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 AM

Please read the entire thread, Croon. Your submission is not accepted.

^^ Thanks for stopping by, everybody!

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 AM

Um this is me looking cute and pretty. May or may not be applicatable but I'm a goth and I don't do "snugglebunny" cute.

Costume Capers ; Entry Form!

Username : Daashi
Category or Categories entering : Sugar and Spice and All Things Nice
Images of Contest entry or entries :

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-28-2008, 02:06 AM

daashi, please read the whole thread before you submit your avatar! You missed an important part of the submission and your entry is not accepted.

Croon
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Croon Send a message via MSN to Croon Send a message via Yahoo to Croon

Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 AM

It might, perhaps, help to make that particular line in red?
xD;;
So that even idiots like myself can't miss it.
xDDDD;;;

Just a suggestion.

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-28-2008, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croon View Post
It might, perhaps, help to make that particular line in red?
xD;;
So that even idiots like myself can't miss it.
xDDDD;;;

Just a suggestion.
^^ I don't want it to stick out so much that its the first thing everyone sees. XD I want people to read everything!

daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-28-2008, 02:18 AM

Sorry Zweres.

This special Halloween layout is making it difficult for me to read. Especially when the pages aren't loading properly.

Croon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-28-2008, 02:21 AM

^...also true.
xD;
The white text on dark BG is making my eyes blur a little.
.-°

BUT
Alright!
Just a suggestion.
xDDDD <3333

Bombshell
*^_^*

Old 10-28-2008, 02:31 AM

Question! Are submissions of your avatar dressed as a fictional character allowed? Like say a character from TV or movies or video game?

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 AM

I really like this costume contest idea. I wish, however, that I could get the MAC to work, as I was limited to my own wardrobe for my costumes.

If I could find someone who could tell me how to fix it I would do so. I know there was a fix, because way back over a year ago I had the same problem with the MAC (before my hard drive had crashed) and someone had actually given me some instructions on how to fix it.

Unfortunately, my old posts do not include those posts anymore, and I've tried to get some help through the MAC editor thread, but no one there seems to know either. The only thing I recall is I had to do some editing of the .txt file for the MAC, but what I had to edit, I do not remember.

When I load the MAC up, it shows the avatar base in the default skin, but not a single item loads up, nor do hair choices, skins, eyes or eye colors, etc. It's like the MAC is loading up just fine, but it's not recognizing any of the items/choices. All the tabs are there, but when I click on them, the folders are empty. I can switch between male and female avatar, but that's it.

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
Question! Are submissions of your avatar dressed as a fictional character allowed? Like say a character from TV or movies or video game?
^^ I'm going to get back to you - I'm going to ask jelly. I suppose you could, but I'm not sure what category that would go in (if any at all)

Lumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-28-2008, 04:13 AM

I have a question about the Traditional Halloween category.... Does traditional means the costume has to be an object/person/animal? Or can it be an orange+black themed avatar? ^^

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Traditional just means a Hallowe'en costume, anything you'd associate with Hallowe'en that you might seen people dressed up in :yes:

Bombshell there is no character catagory, so sumbitting an entry of you dressing up as someone specific would be a bit pointless. You entry would need to fit one of the catagories, if that particular look did fit a catagory then that's great, but it needs to fit one of the 3 criteria to be considered :)

Daashi honey. I don't think we can accept your entry anyway, even if you do PM it to Zweres, it hardly fits the description, does it? :sweat: That catagory is really for the people who don't want to dress up in black and look spooky. So you submitting an entry that's dressed up in black is kinda defeating the object, you see?

woopdidoodoo
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 AM

awa how cute
I'd so love to do this
but I don't think I'm
really all that creative

Sphynxee
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM

Just a question, is it possible to just use the avatar creator, and make an outfit. That is for people that don't have any gold to buy stuff on here?

Cause i'd love to participate but don't have anything. I'll be back to see if you responded. Thanks.

-o-layora-o-
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 PM

: yay for avatar contests, especially themed ones; Halloween avatars are always neat :3 :