Nola
Forever Depressed, Forever Stres...

Old 12-13-2014, 07:33 AM

Many years ago, during a time of witches and hunters, a witch placed a spell upon a village, cursing it to suffer for the years to come. As a result, a group of people from the village specialized in hunting witches were brought together and they began to kill all of the witches. Over many years, the witches were almost destroyed...except for one survivor.

Now, in modern times, rumors have surfaced about how the last of the witches has decided to hide out in Pripyat, the ghost town still abandoned after the accident of Chernobyl. Although most of the hunters have died out, a handful still remain. Two of them have been traveling for days to get to Pripyat. They have no clue what to expect and they have yet to realize how much will change when they arrive.

Rules

~No Godmodding~
~No argueing~
~No Power Playing~
~All changes must be discussed as a group~

Profile Skele

Name:
Powers:
Weapons:
Height:
Weight:
Personality:
Bio:
Pic:

Nola's Profile:

Name:

Barkydle Bension

Male

Powers:

His powers include being able to resist the weaker forms of magic used by the witches and he can also make his blade more powerful by using gems in a special holder on the blade.

Weapons:

Barkydle's blade is very special and very unique. It is, at first glance, a plain katana made from black steel. A closer look reveals a compartment made to fit small gems. It has been in his family for generations and it is very powerful, even when not infused with a gem.

Height:

5'8''

Weight:

Personality:

Barkydle is easy going most of the time. He likes to joke around with his friend and is always up for a challenge. When it comes to hunting for witches, however, he takes on a completely different personality. He turn serious and, upon meeting a witch, violent. This is due to events from his past.

Bio:

Barkydle's childhood was a very rough experience for him. He spent his entire life in an orphanage, having been given up for adoption upon birth, and remained there until his eighteenth birthday. After he turned eighteen, he left to try and make it on his own. He even tried to find out what happened to his birth parents and why he was given up for adoption. He found nothing for the first few years, making him think that he would never find the answer.

Finally, after years of searching, he came upon a friend of his parents who explained everything to him. His parents had died when trying to kill a witch. The witch had destroyed them both but had eventually been killed. After being told of his ancestry, he convinced the man to teach him how to fight and how to kill the witches. He has killed only one witch in his life time since they are almost nonexistent. After his first kill, he was given his father's sword and the gems used to power it. He vowed to destroy every last witch for what happened to his parents. Upon hearing of the witch hiding out in Pripyat, he jumped at the opportunity and decided to make the travel with his friend. They were given a charm to enable them to breath comfortably around the town and the Chernobyl site, if needed, so that they wouldn't die and wouldn't have to worry about the radiation.

Pic:

Last edited by Nola; 12-17-2014 at 01:05 AM..

Shikabane Hime
So...tired....just...let me....d...

Old 12-17-2014, 04:57 AM

Name:
Princess Ailish Ravenclaw

Powers:
Mind of the Witch
The elements(Water, Fire, Earth, and Wind)
Witch's darkness
Magic

Weapons:
Royal staff

Height:
Human - 5'6
Witch - 6'3

Weight:
I am a lady, I will not say.

Personality:
Ailish is very reserved, this is due to the fact she has been in hiding for many years. She is outgoing and is very protective with her personal items, this includes pets she has taken care of as well as the environment she lives in. Around people, mainly the humans, she is very shy and a bit fearful of them. Since the hunters killed her friends and family, she doesn't know if humans have changed or not. There are times where Ailish has to go out in public and get food for herself and return to her home in Pripyat.

She does have a gentler side and is more than willing to help anyone who is in trouble. This includes people who have wondered too far within the area of Chernobyl.

Bio:
Ailish was born to the King and Queen of the Witches within the 10th century. She was taught to respect those around her as well as be herself. Her parents valued the lives they had to take care, this included the witches and humans. Ailish would help the humans every once in a while, trying to show that humans and Witches can co-exist with each other. However, that dream never came to pass. In the 14th century, a Witch cursed the humans and disease filled the land.

Of course, when Ailish's mother and father heard what had happened, they were furious. The witch was punished for what she did, but the damage was already done, the humans attacked and killed the Witches one by one. Ailish's mother and father had no choice but to hide their daughter where she couldn't be found. So, her mother took her away while her father distracted the humans who came to kill them. Her mother took her to a cottage within an Enchanted Forest where humans never entered. She remained there, waiting for her mother and father to come back so she could live with them, but they never came...Ailish knew deep down, they were never coming and they were killed by the very people she promised to protect.

Ailish lived on her own until the 19th century where she met a human named Julian Gray, who was a hunter. Of course, she and Julian had their moments where they fought, but they were able to get alone, maybe even fall in love. However, things didn't end up like that. They were both attacked by other humans and Julian was killed protecting Ailish. Grief stricken and angry, Ailish lashed out. She ended up killing the humans who were around her, of course, after she calmed down, she felt sorry for it. She buried each human, including Julian and left. Within the late 20th century, after hiding about in various places, Ailish took shelter within Pripyat, near the rundown powerplant Chernobyl.

Ever since, she has lived there, scaring away humans who dare come close to her home, or guiding them away from Chernobyl. She promised to never harm another human being for as long as she lived.

Pic:
Human

True: Witch

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 12-18-2014, 05:22 PM

Name: Vindicta Flammis
Powers: He's immune to disease and is, physically, stronger than most. He also has a more acute resistance towards black magic.
Weapons: Stolen long ago from a witch, Vidicta's flaming sword is enchanted to burn with negative emotions. His sword glows brighter, because of his greatest negative emotion: Anger
Height: 6'1
Weight: 225 lb
Personality: Head-strong, prideful, and blunt. Can be kind when it suits him, but most often acts in the heat of rage.
Bio: Vindicta Flammis is not his real name, but it is the name he goes by now. Born Martin O'Connelly, He is the last descendent of the afflicted: the survivors of the villagers cursed with disease. throughout his whole life, he's learned that he's the only one born without any signs of the disease, proving that the curse had finally broken, but this has not stopped him from hunting witches.

His ancestors, his great-grand parents, his grand-parents, even his own mother- all killed by witches. Vindicta was one of the few born, under the unimaginable cruelty that witches were capable of. When he tried to get revenge for his mother, at the age of 18, he was enslaved by a witch. he spent the next 4 years in a living hell, being used as a tool, or test subject, by the witch. One night, after a bout of wine, his 'Master' forgot to lock him up properly before falling unconscious.

Pushing open the gates to his cell with ease, he took the sword she had so often used to torture him with: The Flaming sword. His 'Master's' night of wine was due to it finally being completed, but this would come at the cost of her life. Approaching her, He Lifted the blade, and cleaved off the woman's head. He then forsook his own name, and made an Oath on the blade, dripping his blood into the flame: From now on, he would be Vindicta Flammis 'Vengeance's Flame' and would show the witches his righteous fury.

He's now making his way to Chernobyl now. He's heard reports that the last of the witches is hiding out in a town abandoned during the nuclear disaster. He will have retribution, and his family's long Vendetta would finally come to an end.
Pic:

Nola

Old 12-27-2014, 04:47 AM

Barkydle stared out of the window of the plane as it flew over the land. He hated flying, as shown by how tightly he was holding onto his plane seat. He kind of had to laugh at himself. He was sitting here, afraid of flying when he faced evil witches all the time. This should have been a walk in the park for him. His air sickness came up about then, reminding him why he hated it. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He would be landing soon and he could meet up with his partner and they could continue from there to Pripyat. Hopefully, they would be landing soon.

He let out a sigh of relief when his foot touched the solid ground. He was able to get as close to Pripyat as his pilot would go. All of the normal humans were afraid of the town due to the effects of the Chernobyl incident. He wasn't,however. He couldn't afford to be. Killing this witch could put an end to the witches forever. He began walking, searching for his partner. He didn't know where he would find Vindicta but he had learned to just search and the guy would appear.

Andraus

Old 01-08-2015, 12:42 AM

Vindicta stood in a ruined house, looking around the wreckage. While Pripyat was several kilometers from Chernobyl, it was long since abandoned. The Ruins reminded him much of his home, though the thought rarely passed his mind. He knew that this was it: Whatever way it would go, it was to end here. Vindicta and Barkydle were the last of their kind, and the only ones who remembered. Maybe this was for the best: After what everyone did to win this war, They deserved to be forgotten.

Vindicta stared down at his sword, questioning what he would do with it, once this was all over. Perhaps hang it in his home? IT would serve as a reminder of what it took for them to win, for the cost of this was high, on both sides. Both groups hunted to extinction, the massacre of millions, the Dark ages.....all of this was a result, of a war no-one knew about. His blade would be a part of that, and would serve as a piece of history.

A history, that should always be remembered.

Shikabane Hime

Old 01-14-2015, 09:12 AM

It had been a long time since there had been people here. Well, there have been some city officials coming by, making sure that no civilians were here, it was dangerous, too dangerous. The air was thick here and was like this for a reason. A horrible disaster happened here a few years back, it was soon dubbed 'The Chernobyl Explosion' due to the nuclear plant blowing up and leaking Radioactive waste. The people abandoned the city of Pripyat, leaving the city to rot slowly. Animals and plants grew up twisted, deformed or rotting; there was nothing the people could do to save them and had no choice but to leave them where they could die. The years would pass and only a few people would come back to Pripyat because it was believed to be cursed. It somewhat true.

Atop of the roof of a large crumbling apartment building, there stood a figure. the figure was feminine. She looked over the large area with bright piercing blue eyes. They glowed faintly, she could sense them. Two nonhuman-like signatures were coming towards Pripyat, well, one of them was. Another was already in the decaying city. Her two light purple hue braided ponytails swayed a bit as she looked through her bangs. Her clothes would have had her flagged as strange back in her time, but this was considered normal for someone of her age...appearance. A black leotard with long black cuffed gloves attached to a collar, her shoes were actually thigh lengthed heel boots with two bun-shaped clips in her hair. The accents all over the leotard, shoes, collar and gloves were purple with a hint of white and blue. She looked around before floating down towards the cracked and shattered concrete ground. She blinked her eyes a bit before running into the nearby forest, searching for the other person who was here. She kept her energy low, very, very low to the point she couldn't even sense it.

After about a while, the young-looking girl by the name of Ailish had found the other person she was looking for. A young male who appeared to have just gotten to Pripyat altogether. She thought for a moment before thinking of the somewhat perfect way to approach the boy. Ailish ruffled her hair and made herself cry, slowly stepping out of the dense forest and sniffed a bit. She looked up towards the young boy and wiped her eyes. "Х-Xто ти?" She asked with a well placed Ukrainian accent.

[Х-Xто ти? = Wh-Who are you?]

Nola

Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 AM

Barkydle was startled to a stop when the girl spoke. He looked at her with look of confusion. Was she the witch? He didn't sense any power coming from her. Not even a little bit. Then again, the queen of the witches might have a way to hide it better than others. This girl didn't seemed threatening though. He thought for a moment then decided that if it was the witch, he would play along for now. "My name is Barkydle. Why are you crying? And why are you out this close to the Chernobyl site? It's dangerous, you know," he said. If the girl wasn't the witch, then he could always pretend to be a city official. After all, the question he asked could be asked about himself as well. He wondered where Vindicta was. He was probably somewhere in one of the buildings knowing him.

Andraus

Old 01-28-2015, 12:14 AM

Vindicta stepped down from the building, his hands in his pockets, staring around at the ruins around him. This was a place where Humanity could remember, just how destructive even the most brilliant of it's inventions were. He headed to were Barkydle was, but stayed behind a wall. He didn't know who the little girl was, but he was not about to take the chance. He then placed his hands over his mouth, mimicking a Crow noise. Normally, in a place like this, that would be normal, but it was Vindicta's way of sending Barkydle a message, that he was close, but would stay hidden.

Shikabane Hime

Old 02-16-2015, 08:05 PM

Ailish looked towards the young man in front her. Carefully taking in his appearance, she wiped her eyes as she walked closer to the blonde haired male. Her silverish blue eyes observed him, she could sense something was a bit off about him, one of the hunters probably. Or a human who knew how to use magic, but that's not the point. She cleared her throat and spoke, in English, "I-I had to come here, i-it was a dare. After I went to where I was supposed to go, I got lost. I can't remember which one I entered from. Wh-Why are you here?" She asked in a cracked voice. She wanted to hear the lie it would say, I mean, come on. Who else would come to an abandoned city of death and decay?

The sudden sound of a crow was heard briefly. It didn't last long enough for her to get a good read on where it came from. Was it another hunter? Or was it an actual crow? She looked around quickly, her hair whipping about as she turned her head left and right.

Nola

Old 02-16-2015, 08:38 PM

Barkydle's ear twitched at the sound of the crow's call. He knew it was Vindicta, telling him that he was there and his location. This comforted him a little because it meant he wouldn't be alone if this girl happened to be the witch queen. Then again, this child appeared to young to be the queen. He still didn't let his guard down as he spoke. "Coming out here because of a dare was reckless and stupid. You never know who or what may be out here. I'm a volunteer official from the city. There have been reported of strong siting going on here and I have come to investigate. If you are lost, then I will help you find the way out but you must stay close to me," he said softly. He knew that if this was the witch they had come to kill, it would be best to keep her close without giving away his suspicion.

Andraus

Old 02-18-2015, 12:22 AM

Vindicta scaled the crumbling wall, and peered down on them from a ruined window. He made sure to stay as hidden as possible, though it was difficult. He would follow as best he could, but in the event that this girl was their target....well, lets just say that his blade was getting a bit thirsty for blood.

Shikabane Hime

Old 04-12-2015, 04:20 AM

The light purple haired girl looked over towards the male, she blinked lightly with a thought running through her mind, 'Coming from the one who appears to be normal.' She thought to herself. Ailish looked around for a moment, "I-I know it was stupid, I-I didn't pl-plan to come far into the place. However, my curiosity got the better of m-me." Ailish stated with a faint sigh, placing her hands on her chest. She then listened closely to what he was saying how he was here helping find something that was going on in the ruins. She arched a brow, she wanted to know what was going on. She cleared her throat a bit as she leaned a bit closer to him, "What i-is it that you are looking for?" Ailish asked, tilting her head more as her braids swayed a bit with each step.

Nola

Old 04-12-2015, 06:21 AM

Barkydle continued walking, wondering where the witch was. She could feel no energy coming from anywhere that would indicate her presence. When she spoke, he thought again. "There has been a lot of strange behavior around here lately. There has also been sightings of a strange woman around. I was sent to investigate," he explained. It wasn't technically a lie. He hoped that she wouldn't get in the way. If she really was just a bystander, he knew it would be hard to protect her while fighting a witch. He continued observing buildings and attempting to sense energy.