zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 AM

Hm, it usually seems dry but maybe next time I should wait a few minutes longer to see if that helps. Thanks guys.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:44 AM

I think the dryness is your issue, but if waiting longer doesn't help you, try this top coat to see if the topcoat you're using is the issue: Sally Hansen | Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat. It's amazing stuff. It'll cost you $5-$7 from a Wal Mart or drug store, and makes polish last for a week without a chip. I promise the investment is worth it.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-06-2011, 04:29 PM

Cute cosplay!

Sally Hansen is good stuff and has a nice price range but it's always hard to decide which topcoats to get because there seem to be at least ten different varieties. I'll have to look into that one, thanks again for the tip!

ElysiumFate

Old 10-07-2011, 02:39 AM

Thank you, and you're welcome!

I just happened to get lucky and try that one first. I haven't stopped using it since, and every one of my friends who I've gotten to try it is now just as addicted to it as I am.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-07-2011, 03:12 AM

LOL! You're like the rep for that top coat!

ElysiumFate

Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 AM

I can't help it. That stuff has made my life so much easier!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-07-2011, 08:17 PM

I need to get some good top coat. I have a bottle of Rimmel that's not bad, and some Bourjois stuff that has tiny gold glitter in it, I like putting that one on over the top of other polish because well, I like glitter :lol:

I got my OPI polish on Ebay, so paid half the price for it that I would have getting it from a high street retailer :cool: I'd say it's worth the money, for me it's not just about how long it lasts, it's the consistency of the varnish plus the size, shape and quality of the brush; both of which add up to ease of application.

I've had this on for 5 days now, it chipped for the first time yesterday. As I mentioned before my job involves moving furniture about and taking it apart; also sorting through boxes of a variety of stock, cleaning/dusting/washing up stuff before it can be displayed and serving customers. My hands are busy all day, so this has held up well.

I'm going to try some Barry M nail paint next, I have some in baby blue and lemon yellow, not sure which one to go for. I intend to attempt some decorating with both those colours, but I'd need some labels to block off part of the nail and I've not got any yet, I shall probably bring some home from work :lol: One thing I will be requisitioning is a superfluous box of ring reinforcers as I saw a great use for those on Tumblr yesterday!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-07-2011, 10:51 PM

@ ElysiumFate: Yeah, I usually stick to what I know works when I discover something like that.

@ Jelly: Oh, that's good that you were able to get them half priced then. Oooh, that is such a good use for sticky rings! I never would have thought of using those, thanks for sharing!

My matte has definitely kicked the bucket. It looks awful now so I'm taking it off. I'll be reporting as press for New York City Comic Con next weekend so I think I'll just put some clear on since I'll need to look professional. It might be a good idea to let them breathe for a day or so before I put that on though, I've had polish on a lot more than usual lately.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 10-07-2011 at 10:53 PM..

Zombee.
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-07-2011, 11:04 PM

I have yet to actually come across some like that, but I can tell I'd like it.

ghostlyaura
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 AM

Oh, that is very different though and after seeing it, I really like it. I have not seen anything like that here. I buy all types of nail polish as I love it and right now I am wearing a purple and pink glitter nail polish I just bought.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 AM

Ooh, sounds pretty! I broke a nail tonight, I'm pretty sad.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-13-2011, 12:20 AM

I keep forgetting to look for that stuff when I go to the store! I painted my toe nails green for Halloween, french style, but with black tips, and each big toe, the black part looks jagged (Frankensteins hair) with little painted on eyeballs lol It looks really cool actually :P

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 AM

LOL! That sounds creepy, fun, and cute all at once. ^_^

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2011, 03:10 AM

Love Matte. The only thing I've noticed about it that annoys me is that it chips really easily (at least for me it does, but admittedly I'm a very handsy type of person, so all nail polishes chip frequently with me). I have a really pretty orchid colored matte in my polish box right now that I'm loving.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 AM

Yeah, it chips off faster for me as well. That orchid color sounds nice. I was thinking about painting mine a metalic grey soon. I've just got some clear on for now.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 AM

I just finished putting Revlons clear nail enamel. It's all I can really do because In food I can't have colored polishes...even though we wear gloves. It makes no sense to me.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 AM

That doesn't make sense...

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2011, 03:19 PM

Anyone want to share any new nail polish ventures?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-28-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I just finished putting Revlons clear nail enamel. It's all I can really do because In food I can't have colored polishes...even though we wear gloves. It makes no sense to me.
Nephila:
You shouldn't be wearing polish at all. It's not about the colour, it's about contaminating the food you're handling with polish chips. I worded in the food industry for 20 years so this stuff is very drummed in with me. I've only just started wearing polish again, 4 years after quitting that job :lol:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 AM

Under our laws its fine as long as gloves are worn.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 AM

Lol, that's bollocks. I mean the law itself is bollocks xD Really interesting how these kind of rules and laws vary so wildly in different countries though!

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-28-2011, 04:07 AM

My favorite color took on the consistency of maple syrup and doesn't dry properly. Any ideas on how to restore it?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-28-2011, 07:07 AM

There's some Sally Hansen thinner you can get, apparently.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM

I want to share a nail polish try-out recent purchase that I love!

It's the.. Nubar Glitter Top Coat Nail Lacquer "Anniversary Lacquer". Has anyone heard of it before? It's not really a glitter exactly, since it's not bumpy pieces of glitter. (Which I don't like since I just pick it off my nails)
It has smooth iridescent flakes. They shine with different colours (maily like a peachy/greeny colour) but it looks different with whatever base coat colour you have on!

These aren't my nails, but it is some kind of example. (The hyperlink option isn't working for me..)

http://www.thefingernailfiles.com/wp...bar-2010-4.jpg

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionetta View Post
My favorite color took on the consistency of maple syrup and doesn't dry properly. Any ideas on how to restore it?
For a quick fix you can thin it will nail polish remover but that will make it dry out again very quickly and after that you will have to throw it away. Like Jelly said there are some restoring liquids but I've never tried them myself so I can't tell you how well they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunanuova View Post
I want to share a nail polish try-out recent purchase that I love!

It's the.. Nubar Glitter Top Coat Nail Lacquer "Anniversary Lacquer". Has anyone heard of it before? It's not really a glitter exactly, since it's not bumpy pieces of glitter. (Which I don't like since I just pick it off my nails)
It has smooth iridescent flakes. They shine with different colours (maily like a peachy/greeny colour) but it looks different with whatever base coat colour you have on!

These aren't my nails, but it is some kind of example. (The hyperlink option isn't working for me..)

http://www.thefingernailfiles.com/wp...bar-2010-4.jpg
Ooh, that's really pretty! I can't say I've seen that before but the picture definitely makes me want to buy some!

I'm going to be painting my nails tonight--white with the words "HelloKitty" written across them in red. I got a small detail brush so I'm hoping that will work nicely. I'm doing it for my Halloween costume. We get to dress up at work tomorrow and if you haven't already guessed, I'm going as Hello Kitty. ^_^