hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 03-22-2012, 04:58 PM

" It look's like we are almost there." He said as he paddled harder. He knew it could be hours or even days until they were found, knowing they both would need to make the best of things.

Ettilai
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Ettilai

Old 03-25-2012, 06:02 AM

She nodded, sighing slightly as they neared the shore. She rolled up her leggings and quickly knotted her hair into a ponytail before jumping out of the boat. The water ended up being deeper than she expected, coming up at least waist deep. She gasped for a moment from the chill, and quickly pulled the raft ashore. It wasn't easy, but it was do-able. Elizabeth slumped down onto the beach. Sure, she was used to dancing, but lugging things? Not so much. She lied there, staring intently at the clouds. "What now?" Her soft voice questioned.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 PM

" We wait I guess. But we should make a shelter in case it rains again." Derrick said as helped her move the boat. He wished the raft had a radio so they could call for some help, but he didn't even know where they were.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 04-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Elizabeth nodded. She wasn't quite sure of how safe Derrick was. He seemed normal enough, and had the idea to build a shelter, but something about him just didn't seem right. "Okay." She tied her hair up into a bun using one of her laces. "How are we gonna do this?" She scanned the beach, searching for something that could be used to make a shelter.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 PM

" We should look for drift wood and palm leaves. I'll go with you to look for those things ." Derrick said looking around. He was glad the rain was staring to calm down. He liked Elizabeth and hoped he could help her feel comfortable.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 AM

"Nah, its fine. I've got it. You should stay here and wait," Ellie shrugged, "Maybe someone will come looking for us." She headed toward the palm trees ahead. There were a few smaller leaves lying on the floor, which she didnt hesitate to pick up, but the larger ones were up higher. They would be more helpful in the long run, but she was too short to even come close.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-25-2012, 05:47 PM

Derrick nodded and kept his eye on the ocean. It was staring to calm down and the rain had stopped. He hoped there were people looking for him and Ellie. He thought of his job back home and his friends. He hated to think that they would think he had died .

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 05-27-2012, 01:05 AM

Ellie returned awhile later with a handful of small sticks and palm leaves. She still wasn't able to reach the larger ones, no matter how far she jumped. Ell found a nice shady area, where she began building a teepee on top of the leaves, carefully placing each stick so they all lined up. She was staying clear of Derrick for the most part. She wasn't sure exactly how safe he was. He had a certain... off putting aura around him..

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 AM

Derrick had a feeling Ellie didn't like him very much. He wondered if it was how he acted or even looked. He knew people tended to miss judge him some times. For the most part, he was a nice guy once you got to know him.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 05-29-2012, 02:13 AM

Elizabeth furrowed her brows together. How in the world was she going to actually start the fire? There wasn't any flint around, and she definitely didn't have a lighter on her. Yet, she didn't want to ask Derrick. It wasn't that she was shy or embarrassed.. well, actually, she was slightly embarrassed. I mean, she should be able to do everything herself, right? She was independent and proud of it. But still.. the damn fire needed to be started.

"I.. Er, well. Can you... Do you have a lighter? For a cigarette, maybe? This fire just..." She sighed, running her hand angrily through her velvety jet black hair. Oh, how she hated asking for assistance.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-01-2012, 07:49 PM

" I did, but I couldn't find it in my jacket. There should be some rocks we can use to start a fire." Derrick said and started to look around. He didn't like being useless in a situation like this.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 06-02-2012, 12:02 AM

Ellie nodded slightly. "Um. I don't really know.. which rocks do what." She shrugged. In this situation, she was pretty much useless. All that she could do with twist, bend, and turn. It was all she has ever known. That wouldn't be much help here. She sighed, staring up at Derrick with a flush to her cheeks. She was embarrassed she didn't know anything, and it was obvious.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 PM

" I'm not sure either, but we won't know if we don't try." Derrick said as he was gathering rocks. He knew they needed a fire before sunset.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 06-04-2012, 10:58 PM

"Okay.." Elizabeth mumbled through a silent sigh. She too began gathering rocks and trying to strike them together onto a pile of dry grass she had collected earlier. Maybe a lone spark would just jump out and set the grass aflame. Ugh, when were people going to get here? She was already getting tired of this island.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Derrick hoped people were looking for them, but he had a feeling they weren't. He hoped they would be able to survive here until help came.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 06-06-2012, 08:19 PM

"Here," Elizabeth mumbled, "You try." She was done with all this. I know, I know. Already? Well, yeah, already. Right about now was when she was scheduled to waltz back onto the stage and perform Tchaikovskys rendition of the Midnight Sonata. It was her favorite routine, and she was missing it. Can you believe that?

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Derrick tried and thought he saw a spark. " I think these rocks will work. Now we need to make a shelter before it rains again. I'm not liking the look of those clouds." He said looking up.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 06-19-2012, 11:53 PM

"Okay.." She mumbled, "I'll do it." She gathered up a few palm leaves and sticks, trying to see the best in the situation. There wasn't going to be a well-made shelter, that's for sure. She began placing the structure for two separate shelters- one with a rock-like cave and one near trees. She figured that they could each have their own "house" for the time being. They were strangers, after all, and strangers didn't share anything.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-20-2012, 06:13 PM

Derrick help gather branches and sticks , since he wanted to help out. He had a feeling that Elizabeth didn't trust him yet, though he had a feeling that they would have to trust each other if they wanted to survive.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 PM

Ellie began constructing her shelter. It wasn't too hard, seeing as the leaves fit almost perfectly over the sticks. She shoved the end of the leaves through the sticks, capping them off with a eerily balanced rock. It wasn't perfect, but it was as good as she could possibly do.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 PM

Derrick made his shelter as strurdy as he could, using vines to tie the ends of the sticks. He knew it wasn't perfect, but knew it would be enough to keep dry when the rains came. He looked at the sky and saw the clouds getting darker. He hoped it wasn't like the day they got stranded here.

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 PM

(( Wait a second. They have already been stranded there for more than a day....?))

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 PM

( A day and half I think.)

Ettilai
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2012, 10:15 PM

((That was never explained through the text. I figured it was still the first day. Alright, then, whatever suits you.))

Elizabeth awoke from a long nap, stretched herself out, and made her way over to Derrick. "Hey. Um, I'm going for a walk through the forest to see if there's anything out there. Do you.. Well, would you like to come? It's probably safe, but just incase." She muttered, staring at the ground while wringing her hands together.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 06-20-2012, 10:26 PM

"Sure I'll come." Derrick said. He hoped they could find some food and some water. He hoped they wouldn't be here long, but he didn't want either of them to go hungry.