Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Stupid elevator... Why's it always out?

Tavi clumped to the apartment he shared with a friend, putting his head against it as if it'd open under psychic demand. When it didn't, he relented, opening it physically and slamming it shut. The place was nice, a little dirty, but it was the end of the week---it was always dirty at the end of the week.

With a huff, he threw himself on the couch without even taking off his red duster, letting a pile of clothes fall on top of him. Now that he resembled a pile of old rags, Tavi shut his eyes and put his hands up to hold onto the satyr-like horns on his head that twisted back over his ears.

Where was his roommate?

Never trusted when he couldn't find the person he was looking for. Good aspect of a bounty hunter, anyway.

Last edited by Tachigami; 12-24-2012 at 04:17 AM..

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 12-24-2012, 04:29 AM

Mia skipped along the sidewalk from the library. She had enjoyed spending the afternoon there. Now on to her next favorite activity. With a short stop at the grocery store of course. Mia had many favorite activities. Having fun being the most important. Seeing the mail man outside her apartment, she happily waved and called out, "Mia says hi Mr. Mailman!" The fellow looked up, grinned, and said, "Hey Mia. Having a good day?" She laughed, "When am I not?" Going on inside the apartment complex, she unlocked her door and stepped inside. Moving into the kitchen, she put down the bag of groceries and pulled out her recipe book.

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 12-24-2012 at 05:09 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 AM

The door slammed and started Tavi out of his haze. He started moving, but something was tossed on him, forcing a breath out of him along with a high squeak. "Tavi! Didn't see you there." His roommate laughed as Tavi forced the heavy backpack off him and sat up.

"God, you really have to do that?" He murmured, rubbing his forehead. The young man that had just entered, an eighteen year old kid still in high school that had been kicked out of the house by his parents, went into the kitchen. Gavin was his name, and the rabbit-eared sandy-haired boy was a rather hopeless layabout. "We need food!"

"I have food!" Tavi demonstrated this by opening Gavin's backpack and stuffing a random piece of paper into his mouth.

"Rabbit food, Tavi!"

The goat-horned young man stood with a huff, stalking out the door. Rabbits ate fruits and vegetables. Then again, he could just find a bag of pellets form a pet store. But he shook the idea from his head and went down the hall. Maybe a neighbor would have an apple or something he could bum. The door at the end of the hall seemed rather promising. Standing outside, he gathered his will to actually knock.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 04:55 AM

Popping the muffins into the oven to bake, she stepped back and smiled in success. But who wanted to wait 15 minutes to snack? She turned and opened the cupboard, browsing for something. Her constant moving required some sort of backup energy. Finding the popcorn, she pulled out a bag and stepped to the microwave. She put it inside and tapped out the time. Turning, she moved on to the dishes. Cleaning up after making muffins took time. Her hand slipped and the spray hose shot out a spray of water. She laughed it off until a cracking occurred. Turning and blinking, she saw water had hit the wall outlet. Squealing, she turned and bounced into the hall and to the breaker box. More popping noises followed her as she opened the breaker box and knocked out the electricity for her kitchen. Turning, she saw smoke flowing into the rest of her apartment. Coughing, she moved to the livingroom and opened the balcony sliding class door. Then she walked, still coughing, towards the front door and opened it. Stumbling out while waved a hand in front of her facing, she smacked someone across the chin. Stopping and blinking, she smiled at the stranger and with a bright ^_^ smile said, "Hi!"

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 12-24-2012 at 05:09 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 AM

What was going on in there...? Tavi tilted his head to the side and tried to figure out what could make a noise similar to, but not entirely, popcorn. When the door opened, he moved back a bit, but wasn't ready for the wild hand that flew at him and slapped him right in the face. "What the hae---?" He rubbed his chin, weakening the slight sting. The girl obviously hadn't seen him, and something was burning, that he could smell. But usually, people weren't so chipper when they burnt something. This was different for the girl. She didn't have discernible animalistic features, but her pointed ears screamed 'elf' or something similar.

"Er..." He raised a brow at the girl, almost forgetting to close his mouth despite the confusion that still ran rampant in his mind. "I've got a hungry rabbit in my apartment, do you have an apple or head of lettuce I can borrow, or... something?" He shrugged a bit, running a finger over the left horn on his head. It was pointed, and rather sharp as he just realized, poking his finger.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 05:09 AM

Her eyes glittered in happiness. A rabbit! How cute was that! She smiled and tilted her head happily, "Sure thing. I'll get something he might like. Come on in." Without waiting, she bounced back inside and braved the kitchen. Opening the fridge, she pulled out some carrots, apples, pears, oranges, kiwi, and lettuce. With her armful, she smiled and turned to head back out.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:14 AM

What was with this girl? Why was everything he thought a question he couldn't answer? Tavi shook his head and stepped inside after her, twisting his hair around his hand. "Eh... Nice place..." He called after her, looking around. It was bright, like her personality. A cool breeze entered from the open balcony door, taking out the smell of burnt metal and rubber. A plug must have shorted out, which explained the popping sound similar to popcorn.

As she returned, his eyes widened. Gavin would become a house if he let the kid eat all that! And knowing his roommate, he definitely would. "T-that's all for Gavin...?" He asked, prodding himself to speak. "Well, I-I-I... Er, thanks...?" What was there to say to her? She might be a bit overly hyperactive...

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 05:17 AM

Without missing a beat, she happily replied, "Not a problem. Besides I think he will like them more than me." Doubtful but hey, close to the truth. She was more likely going to enjoy meeting him than eating these anyways. She grinned and pushed some of the things into his hands, "Well hurry up and lead on. I can't wait to see your rabbit!" She looked up at him expectantly with those trusting eyes of hers and eager attitude.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 AM

Tavi bent down to grab some of the things she offered, taking a bit of the weight off her. "Lead---on?" That was shocking. Usually when someone borrowed something they didn't usually have a tagalong coming back. "Er, okay, if... you want." He turned and stepped out into the hall, rearranging the things in his hands to rest in one arm. Going back down the hall, he couldn't help but glance at the girl whose name he didn't even know. In fact... "Er, what's your name?" He asked. "I'm Tavi. Well, that's what people call me."

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 AM

She grinned up at him. He was such a nice person, despite the interesting horns and fur-stuff. "I'm Mia. Not like the pizza. Think of the princess from Princess Diaries. Do you like fruit?" Her brown locks curled in a way to match her personality. It wasn't that she purposefully tried to seem so young as much as Mia really liked life and couldn't believe anyone to actually be mean or bad. Therefore there was nothing to worry about.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 AM

Mia from Princess Diaries? Wasn't that the main character? He'd never seen the movie, but understood well enough that Mia was her name. He raised a brow again, a usual look when Tavi was confused. "Yeah, I do. Fruit's good, healthy. Usually it's gone in a couple days with my roommate..." He cut himself off as they reached his door. "Er, here we are." He pushed it open, having not latched the door because Tavi hadn't expected to be gone longer than a minute. Gavin leapt out of the hallway that led to two bedrooms and the bathroom, holding out his hands. Tavi gave him a head of lettuce and went around him. "That's Mia, Gavin. Mia, Gavin. Come on this way, you can put everything down on the counter." As he went into the kitchen, he flicked on the light. Only a few dishes laid in the sink. Mostly from Gavin.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 05:46 AM

Mia looked at Gavin in complete surprise, her mouth forming an O. Then she squealed and rushed up to him. Reaching up with one hand she touched a soft bunny ear and beamed, and began tweaking it. "Now that is one soft ear. Gavin, do you want Mia to scratch if for you?" She couldn't get over how furry it was. Much more desirable than her own pointy ears. "You have got to let Mia hang out with Gavin more." Imagine spending all her free time here instead of at home. Wouldn't that just be fun.

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 12-24-2012 at 06:01 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 AM

Gavin gasped when Mia grabbed his ear, but it wasn't bad. Rabbits, as other domesticated animals, liked being petted, and Gavin enjoyed an ear scratch. Tavi just wouldn't oblige. He laughed a bit. "Oh, definitely..." He muttered, then shook his head. "Uh. Anyway..." He bit the lettuce and used his hands as if directing traffic, ushering Mia forward as he went to close the door that had been left open. Tavi glanced out from the kitchen. Her around? Another person? Oh no... He was a bounty hunter. He dealt with people all the time. Being here was his time off. Now Gavin would want Tavi to come along...

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 06:00 AM

Mia bounced into the kitchen with the armload of rabbit snacks and grinned. "Mia just loves his soft ears. Here you go," she thrust the food at him as and immediately was distracted by the his kitchen. "You need more stuff in here to brighten it up. Mia will make you some pink decorations later okay." She grinned and skipped out to find Gavin. She really liked his ears.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:07 AM

Tavi was separating the items when Mia came in and spoke. "I'm glad you---" He was cut off when she put the rest of her load in his arms and commented on the kitchen. He thought it was nice, considering the beige and wood was easy on the eyes... "What? Oh, no no...!" He drifted off as she skipped off. She... didn't seem right. At least, she was younger in mind than in body. Maybe that was rather refreshing to see... But it did get annoying...

From his duster pocket, a ringing sounded. Dropping his armful, Tavi dove in and answered with a simple, "Tavi."

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 06:18 AM

Looking at Gavin with curiosity, Mia reached out slowly and scratched his ear some more. "What does Gavin like to drink?" He was an interesting friend to have. Would help with the boredom. Being elf in genetics messed with her. Everything was so darn slow. People seemed interested in computers, movies, and being zombies when there was so much one could do. She randomly flipped over into a hand stand, getting a new view of the apartment.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:26 AM

"Oh, let's see..." Gavin put a bit of thought into the question and stared at the bite in the head of lettuce in his hand, but as he did, this new oddity startled him. "Er. Taaavi!" He stepped away, back into the kitchen. "She's weird!" His tone was a sniveling whine, as if he were a child and his sibling had bitten him.

Tavi shook his head. The voice on the other end was familiar. "Tavi, it's Mel. I need you to come over in an hour. As in: Leave your house in an hour, and come here. 'Kay?"

Tavi nodded. "Sure, sure."

"Also, you got a partner yet?"

"No! I said I didn't want one!"

"Too bad! You need someone. And not that rabbit, he's too airheaded. Find someone by the end of the week or it's back to petty theft charges for you!"

Tavi hung up, sighed, and stalked past Gavin. He almost didn't even wonder why Mia was on her head as he flopped down on the couch.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 AM

She turned and looked at his dejected face. That wasn't right. Hopping upright she spun in circles until she reached the couch and flopped down next to him. Tilting her head around so that she was in his face, she got a quizzically semi serious but completely questionable look. Looking deep into her eyes, she simple HMMMed as she scrutinized his face, then stuck a carrot into his mouth.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 AM

Personal space was a thing to Tavi. Kind of a big thing. He moved back just a bit as Mia seemed to stare very hard at him. "Mmfh?" The introduction of a carrot was more than strange, but regardless, he bit it in half and turned to Gavin as he came back in. "I'm leaving in an hour." He said through a mouthful of carrot. "Get your clothes cleaned up!"

"I have homework!" Gavin whined.

"I don't care, do it after your mess is clean! You live with me, get it done." As Gavin grumbled, snatching up the mess and stalking to his room, Tavi sighed. "I've got an hour...! God, I don't want to go find a partner." He looked at Mia. "You... have other things to do...?"

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 06:43 AM

She jumped up off the couch and smiled at him, "Nope. I can come with you in an hour. Completely free." Twirling with her hands behind back, she slyly added with a glint of humor, "Mia is more than willing to be your partner. Who are you trying to impress or make jealous? Is it a double date?" This was just too much fun and she was feeling so energized already.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 AM

Tavi knitted his brow, then went forward, hiding his head in his hands. "What? No! No, no. No. I'm a bounty hunter, employed by a guy who's just got me as an employee. But instead of hiring someone else he just wants me to get someone to work with me." He puffed out a breath and looked her way. "You're really about to tag along? Really?" His tone was flat, as if he couldn't really understand much of what had happened between his coming home and this moment.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 06:53 AM

She cocked her head and thoughtfully put the tip of her finger daintily on her chin, then chipperly replied, "Sure, why not? I have nothing else to do. What are you going to do? Tie me up? It will be more fun this way, I pro... MUFFINS!!" She spun around and bolted across the room and out the door. Reaching her apartment, she dashed into the once again smoky kitchen. Coughing, she waved her hand in front of her face and grab the oven mitts. Opening it, she pulled out the ruined muffins. Coughing some more, she dropped them onto the stove top and turned off the oven. Gas heated. Of course turning off the electricity wouldn't have helped that.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 AM

For some reason, Tavi stood and decided to follow Mia as she darted from the apartment, down the hall, and back to hers. Maybe she was just as airheaded as Gavin was. Or perhaps he'd simply interrupted her while she was baking. For a reason unknown, Tavi laughed lightly. "I think you need a bit of... direction in your life." He said at last. True, that seemed to be the case. Maybe she'd never really grown up, after all. "I suppose you can come along. It'd get Mel off my back, at least." He shrugged. There was still almost an hour to go. Fifty minutes, anyway.

maidenroseheart

Old 12-24-2012, 07:06 AM

She grinned back over her shoulder, "You won't regret it! The ladies will be jealous of you, I promise!" Coughing some more, she went and unplugged the microwave. Returning to the break box, she flipped the electricity back on. Heading out to the kitchen, she got the fans going and smiled. "That's better, now..." she pulled some frozen pizzas out of the oven and turned to him. Thrusting them into his hands, she skipped ahead. "Be a gentleman and carry those will ya." She headed for the door... paused and glanced back at him. "I better dress up for the occasion, you bake those and I'll be right over," she said as she did a 180 and headed to her bedroom.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:29 AM

Tavi was so confused. So very confused, and that was something he didn't like to be. This girl was an anomaly. A strange creature in a world of strange creatures. He shook his head, turning and nearly running back to his apartment with his arms full of frozen dough, cheese, and meat. It wouldn't take an hour, and at least the clothes were picked up. With a sigh, Tavi went to the kitchen and tossed the discs into the oven, taking the cardboard off the bottom and absently biting into it. Why'd he have to go all the way to the end of the hall to get an apple for Gavin?

And why was Mia 'dressing up' for the occasion? Mel preferred Tavi wear what could easily be moved in and comfortable to wear for at least forty-eight hours, and followed his own advice. Tavi grimaced as he chewed cardboard as if it were a pancake. This just had to happen to him! And why was he even questioning Mia's actions? Her oddities didn't have to be explained.