NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 AM

This is an rp for Neko and Papi only. May contain scenes of horror, angst and pain.

The white walls of his prison always seemed so cold and suffocating to him, never changing while he curled up on his hard bed. Once the drugs that were given to him by one of the big orderlies had worn off, the room opened a bit and he could see without black clouds wrapping around him. He slowly sat up on the edge of his bed, staring at the mirrored walls opposite him.

A small, weak looking child with white-grey hair and dark eyes stared back. Noah had never liked his reflection and often pretended it was someone else entirely. He looked like a ghost after years of imprisonment and torture. He looked away, standing slowly and walking slowly towards the door. He had never noticed it open before, and it made him feel curious.

He easily walked the long, bright hallways. No one was around as he left the tall building and roamed the yard, moving faster once he realised that he was escaping. He reached a large barbed wire fence, guarded by a man holding a gun. He turned and pointed it at Noah, trembling slightly and about to radio the doctors that one of their experiments had escaped. Noah never let him lift the radio.

Taking the keys from the mangled remains of the guard, Noah unlocked the gate and continued to flee from the lab, down a forest path. He decided that it would be easier to hide if he went off the path, and dove into some bushes, running further and further away from the large building. Soon it was dark and cold. Noah hugged himself near a large tree, jumping at any noises he heard.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 AM

There was no way around it ... Straying off the beaten path was definitely the worst idea Hyacinth had ever had. All the trees, brush and moss of the forest appeared the same to untrained eyes. A flash of white caught her brown eyes, prompting the young woman to move forward hopefully. She hefted the pack upon her back as she pushed her way loudly through the brush. If this was an animal, then the noise would scare it away, if it was a person ... Hopefully they would see her and realize that she was a lost camper.

Of course, there was the chance that this was a monster ready to pounce on any unsuspecting victims, but the girl was too optimistic to think over the thought too much. What she did find made sympathy flutter in her heart. The poor boy looked so frightened and lost. Slowly, the tanned woman crouched down and brushed away a stray strand of auburn hair from her eyes. "Hey, are you lost too? Maybe we can both find the way back to the campground together." She suspected the young man wasn't from the camping area, he seemed all too frightened and skittish. There had to be something strange going on in the forest, but she'd wrangle the information out of him later when he was settled comfortably in her tent.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 AM

Noah started when approached by the female. He felt his strange, alien powers raising in his chest. He moved away, his dark eyes staring at her in fright. If she was to do anything wrong, she would be torn apart by invisible hands. He sat, leaning against the large tree and listening to what she was saying. He reached out slightly with his mind, hearing her intentions and thoughts as though she was simply speaking them. The sensation of having one's mind read often made the subject have a headache or feel paranoid, so he only lightly brushed against it.

She seemed to be lost while hiking in the woods. Not so much that it was desperate, but enough to make her unsure where she was. She was glad to have found someone to talk to, if a bit wary of the strange appearance of the young man. He relaxed, swallowing the intense sickness that his powers brought on. "Yes, lost. Aren't we all?" his voice was raspy from screaming. The pain the experiments inflicted upon him caused his voice to be ragged. He barely spoke at all. "But you are in danger... If you stay around..." He suddenly felt protective of the girl. If the scientists found her, they might think she kidnapped him and kill her.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 AM

An odd feeling, of being watched and observed, rippled through her mind. It wasn't so odd, considering that she stood in the midst of trees in the wild forest, or as near it as she'd ever been. Even so, it made the young woman shiver slightly as she watched the young man shift away. She smiled slightly when he spoke, finding the words quite poetic.

The talk of danger phased her not a bit. If she truly were in danger, then so be it. Hyacinth had always wanted to have an adventure, besides the person crouching before her really did seem like he needed help. "Well I'm in danger walking down the street, so bring it on." As she spoke, the plump girl sauntered forth to settle down beside the strange boy.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 AM

He moved away from her, unaccustomed to being close to people. He would have run away if he wasn't so tired from fleeing his prison. He closed his eyes, feeling his body slipping into sleep. He jerked himself awake and looked back over at the girl. What was she doing all the way out here in the first place? And so close to a top secret government laboratory. "Why are you out here?" he questioned, not feeling like reading her mind again. He was far too tired to control his powers and he could accidentally make her head explode. This was strange... He had never cared about someone before. He blinked hard and tilted his head, watching the girl with interest.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 AM

Hyacinth tilted her head to the side, puzzled. "Don't you know? This is a national park, and we're not too far from one of the campgrounds. Admittedly, I kind of decided to walk into a part of the forest that's off limits." She glanced about sheepishly. Fidgeting with the straps of her bag, she tried not to stare at the boy. He seemed really sleepy, and ill used. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened to him. It was nearly impossible not to want to help him; Hyacinth wanted to do that desperately.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 AM

"Forgive me... I am... Rather ill..." He had noticed her worried stare, though he wasn't used to pity. "You best be on your way. I won't be around for long." He'd rather die than go back to that place of torture. He screwed his eyes up, tightly closed and searched the forest with his focus. The guards were nearing where he sat with this girl, ready to shoot at him when he was sighted. He stood suddenly and started to walk, limping through the trees, away from the guards.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 AM

"Hey wait, please!" She stood abruptly, hand stretching out to catch his arm. "Please, I want to help ..." Worry, honesty, sincerity, they all shone from Hyacinth's eyes as she stared at the youth. The camper was quite unaware of the looming danger, of the men hunting for the man she stood beside. She couldn't just leave him alone,, not when he was in such a state.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-03-2013, 03:08 AM

H heard the girl cry out and follow him, but he didn't stop. He kept moving forwards until his feet couldn't carry him any more. It was dark, cold and rather unnerving in the forest. He was sort of glad he had a follower. He stopped suddenly near a bush and crawled under it, hiding himself from anyone that would stroll past. "Why are you following me?" he questioned the girl quietly. "Females shouldn't be chasing after strange creatures. They can turn around and kill you..." At this threat, he felt fire burning in his eyes. Good. Hopefully he can scare the girl away.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2013, 03:14 AM

She shrugged. "No one should be following strange creatures, but here I am." She had to think about why for a moment, though it was clear to her. "Why, well let's see. We're both lost, and you seem like you need a whole lot of help, which I'd like to give you. Actually you seem like you need a friend." Hyacinth was unfazed by how strange the youth's eyes were. It didn't matter to her that they glowed, it did happen sometimes .. .It could have something to do with the strange lighting of the forest, green and gloomy all at the same time.

Absentmindedly, she ferreted about for a nearby hiding place without thinking overmuch about it.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 AM

He watched her, amazed at her reply. A friend...? Noah had never had a friend in his life. The scientists and doctors made sure of that. He wasn't even sure who his own mother and father was. It was a nice feeling to meet someone so kind, but she shouldn't stick around. There was no telling when Noah would explode. His hand twitched as an insect crawled over it. He lifted his hand slowly and stared at the creature closely, with curious interest. He had never seen animals of any kind before in his life, only in the books he was allowed to read.

He let the small skittery creature go onto the dirt ground and looked back over to the girl. "Hyacinth is a strange name. Who named you?" he asked, not caring that she hadn't even said her name yet. Noah knew that the head scientist named him after some guy from the Bible. He really didn't understand why though.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 AM

Her mouth half opened, then closed. He knew her name, even if she'd never said it before. Well, it was no use trying to figure it out now. "My mother, she loves gardening. What's your name?" Strange, they were having such a normal conversation under such odd circumstances. Hyacinth had of course noticed how odd he'd acted with that bug. It was as is the whole world was new to him.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-04-2013, 11:47 PM

"They call me Noah." He bowed his head and tilted it slightly, his unusual keen hearing straining for an sounds of pursuit. It seemed his hiding spot had confused them, and with the on-set of night, he had a high chance of either escaping or dying from the cold. He smirked bitterly, knowing that he was too valuable to them for them to quit searching. They would employ the use of dogs and spotlights now.

"It won't be long now. You should run if you don't want to be caught."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 PM

"Why don't you run too?" She had no idea what was really going on, though the danger was beginning to seep into her brain. Hyacinth reached out, fingers grasping cloth so she tug at it lightly. "I could help you hide. Please let me." One thing she was certain off, letting the boy get caught again was quite out of the question. Hyacinth was sure she could figure out someway to hide him in her tent, away from the dogs and spotlights. It was hard not to hear all the barking ...

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 AM

"I can barely stand now..." Noah sighed and again drew his attention to the young girl. She seemed like the type to put herself in harms way to save a weaker individual. "Please, it's ok... I wasn't going to get far anyway..." He had accepted his fate. This was the third time he was able to escape and they caught him each time. Keeping him malnourished and drugged seemed to stop him from running too far.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-11-2013, 12:42 AM

Hyacinth made a face and moved quickly. She didn't really give the young man much choice when she maneuvered him onto her back. "Look, you just keep and eye out for them and I'll get us out of here, alright Noah?" The girl was already walking away, arms hugging her companion's legs against her. The trees and their roots weren't as much of a hindrance as she'd thought they would be, and eventually she caught sight of a peculiar tree. Seeing it, she grinned and made her way back to it.

The path back to the campground lay before her now, and it was so much easier to run on the hard packed dirt. Even with Noak on her back she moved faster, leaving the barking dogs and their owners behind. Now all she needed to do was hop into her car and race back to her apartment... If she had the occasion, and if Noah was willing. First things first though, and that was getting to the camp.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 12:48 AM

Noah's face showed the shock he was feeling when the young girl lifted him up and placed him on her back. He felt embarrassed and utterly unnerved by the way she ran effortlessly towards a large clearing. He could sense the guards falling behind, even in with their spotlights and dogs, it seemed the dark forest was stopping pursuit. They came to the clearing, a place where a few tents had been erected and a couple of people walked about, staring at Hyacinth and Noah as they passed.

They came to a stop outside of an empty tent, that smelt a lot like the girl who now placed him onto the ground. "You are quite athletic, aren't you?" he commented, falling to his knees and sitting on the warm ground. He hated the way others were staring, but didn't want to explode their heads for it. "But you shouldn't help me... Hiding me from them is treason..."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 AM

The girl nodded and let herself sit beside the boy again with a grin. "I was on the track team in high school. Now I'm on the soccer team over at the university, well the one that's just for fun." One of them, she meant to say she was on one of the teams. It wasn't something all too important, not when her new friend was speaking of treason and other strange things.. Those that he'd mentioned earlier.

Seeing how people glanced at them, she moved into the tent and motioned for Noah to follow. "It's only treason if I have something to do with whoever was looking for you, and I don't... so it's really no problem Noah." She plopped down on an air mattress, and grabbed a bag of chips from a box where she kept all the non-perishable food. "Want some?" Hyacinth held the bag out expectantly, waiting for the boy to grab some of the junk food.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 AM

Noah crawled into the small, but comfortable tent after the girl, hearing helicopters buzzing in the air like mad bees. He closed his eyes and hugged his knees, rocking backwards and forwards. His father was out there, angrily commanding them to keep searching. So much money and time would be wasted if Noah escaped. He opened his eyes and glanced at the small bag offered to him.

"You are hiding a top secret weapon... That sounds treasonous to me..." he muttered, taking the bag and staring at it. He was used to eating nothing but protein and vitamin loaded white mush. "What is this?" He shook the packet and heard something crunching inside.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-11-2013, 01:30 AM

She tilted her head, wondering what weapon he could be speaking of. There were no guns around, and Noah certainly didn't seem to be carrying anything dangerous with him. "What are you talking about? I don't see any kind of weapon around, you sure aren't carrying any." He was worrying her, acting like he was as if his world was about to come crashing down.

"Those are chips, they're made from potatoes that are sliced really thin, then covered with spice and flavoring. Those are sour cream and bacon, go on ... Open it and try." Alright, this was definitely odd. Noah didn't even know what chips were.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 AM

Noah pursed his lips, not wanting to tell her more. She was a stranger and who knows what she would do with the information he could tell her... She could kill him or sell him to another country... He ripped open the packet with difficulty, taking out a chip and sniffing it. It did indeed smell remotely of bacon, a smell Noah only knew from the days he was rewarded with fresh meat. He licked it and made a face, putting it down and again throwing a glance over his shoulder.

"You eat this?" he asked her, putting the sampled chip back into the packet and setting it down beside him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-11-2013, 01:48 AM

"Yeah, you don't seem to like it. So ..." She bent over and began rummaging through the food. "Here, what about an apple?" Hyacinth held out a smooth, bright red, apple with a smile. She really did want to help Noah out. The reasons behind his escape, and who he ran from, they were secondary to trying to rid him of his harried expression.

She didn't notice the sound of helicopters fading away as the searches gave up on finding Noak at the campground. Her mind was entirely on her guest, and not sounds she found normal. Planes fling about was the norm in the city Hyacinth called home, because there was an airport there.

The girl shifted on the mattress and glanced at all the sleeping bags piled onto it. With one or two spread out on the ground, it would be relatively comfortable. The summer nights also weren't all that cold, so just one blanket should do. Noak, she was certain, would be able to sleep comfortably if he decided to remain with her.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 02:04 AM

He took the bright red thing and stared at it, biting into it and finding the hard fruit bitter but sweet at the same time. It was difficult for him to bite into it, so he summoned part of his powers to cut it into small cubes. He set the pile on his lap and continued to eat it, ignoring any stares of shock coming from his newly found friend. He had forgotten that what he could do was not normal in anyway and it would scare people if he showed them he could do it.

"They will continue in the morning, but Father will be searching all night for me. He can't risk another one dying," he told Hyacinth, not even looking up at her as he ate his cubed apple pieces.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 AM

Hyacinth's eyes widened when she saw something incomprehensible happen. The apple seemed to be cut with nothing, simply falling into neat little pieces. That was impossible, and yet it wasn't because she'd just witnessed it with her own eyes. It could have been a trick, but Noah hadn't made a to do about it at all, as if being able to cut things with a thought was a normal thing for him.

"Another one dying? Does that mean you need some special medicine to stay alive?" She hoped not. That was a horrible thought to contemplate. Noah was such an odd young man, and she was definitely feeling protective of him. If only he would tell her more, so she could try and help more then she already had, and could at this point.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 07-11-2013, 02:32 AM

"No... He would think I can't survive in the forest over night," he replied simply, finishing the apple and again glancing over his shoulder. The other campers seemed to be finally settling down for the night. Noah guessed that it was nearing midnight and the forest became a symphony of insects' chirping and owls' hooting. He laid back, listening to the sounds and closing his eyes. He had never heard the forest this clearly before and suddenly realised he was free. No longer in the small, windowless room. He grinned.