Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 08-14-2013, 04:03 AM

Rune was dozing slightly when he heard Todd's voice. Mr. Rigby? Wasn't that Callum? He recalled the man's last name from the paper he'd been given yesterday. But it felt a bit like a dream... The room was too bright, wasn't it? Or maybe he wasn't in his real body. Maybe he was in a lucid dream and that was the only explanation. Yes, it had to be... But his heart leapt when Callum's voice met his ears, and he sat up quickly, drawing his legs underneath him. "Callum! I..." He caught himself. This was what some talked about---becoming too eager. Too happy to see someone. But he couldn't exactly seem indifferent---Callum had asked for Rune to be exclusive to him. "I'm.... good." He said at last, breathing in quickly. "H-how are you?"

Did he really want to talk, though? It was probably a waste, really, to make idle chat with someone that came to the undercity. He didn't notice that he leaned forward slightly, tilted his head a bit and smiled only gently, like he always did, a bit of a lopsided half-smile that showed one of his sharp teeth.

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 04:11 AM

"Yes, I am doing well. Got my projects at work finished and my obligatory visit to mum's is out of my way... So I was thinking, maybe we could spend the night together? I'd love to see the nightlife around here, take you with me to a bar or something..." Callum smiled and reached out to touch the incubus, shuddering at the warmth of his skin.

He had already asked Rory if it was uncommon for a client to go out with his incubus or succubus. Apparently, as long as you didn't go to the surface with them, it was encouraged, as a means to get humans and demons happy amongst each other. "I mean, if you are allowed, that is," he added, rubbing his chin as he thought about it. He looked Rune up and down, wondering if the incubus was under-aged. It was hard to tell with demons...

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:24 AM

Rune hummed lightly, shivering as Callum touched him and sighing, as if he were a cat showing gratitude to its owner's affection. He nodded, almost jumping at the chance. "I am!" He assured, nodding quickly. It was hard for people to tell his age, and it was why he made sure to keep an identification card in his pocket at all times in case it was necessary. Rune had never really made it a habit to visit bars or other nightlife habitat, though. "I'd love to go with you." He did seem eager, though at this point Rune didn't really care. He wanted to spend time with Callum, regardless of what they were doing, regardless of how useful to Todd or the others he would be. He could tell Aki about it... about how Callum had come back so soon and didn't have just one thing on his mind like most.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 04:34 AM

Callum grinned at the incubus' reaction. Rune seemed just as excited to see him as he was. He couldn't help but to hug Rune tightly, sighing at the heat the creature gave off. Soon he was kissing Rune deeply, running his fingers through the young creature's hair. He broke away, blushing slightly. "Erm... Sorry about that." He didn't know why he was apologising for kissing an incubus. "You're just so..."

He stood before he completed his sentence, suddenly eager to go to some bars and nightclubs, anything to prolong their night together. He didn't just want to make love with the incubus and then have to leave. No, this time he wanted to get to know Rune and have some fun together before anything else happened... Just like old fashioned love.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 AM

Rune stopped himself from following Callum when he pulled away, feeling a little shaky. Someone couldn't just do that. Couldn't just kiss an incubus like that then stoop. It was like dangling a piece of raw meat over a lion's den and snatching it away at the last second. But he composed himself quickly, breathing out quickly and standing with Callum. He smiled. "It's okay." He said quickly, taking Callum's hand and running his fingers over the skin. "I know about a lot of places that could be quiet if you like..." What would Callum prefer? A crazy place with a lot of music? A quiet little bar with low lighting, enough for a conversation? Rune would have preferred the latter, where he wouldn't have to safeguard his tail from other humans.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 05:03 AM

"A quiet little place sounds nice. Do they do food? I haven't eaten yet," Callum replied, unsure if eating would offend the incubus. He wasn't even sure if they ate, other than human energy, that was. He put his hands in his pockets, fingering his wallet that he had brought with him. He wasn't about to let his guest pay for anything. "Maybe we can talk a bit over something to eat and drink... That sounds really nice."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 AM

Rune's face brightened, and he nodded. "I know the perfect place!" He said quickly, pulling Callum but not forcing him. He did have a place in mind, a little bar that never saw much action beyond a couple desperate humans spending their last few dollars for the night or a succubus or incubus off for a night. True he didn't often go to bars, but this one was different, and every once and a while he would visit, just to get away from the house and his uselessness. But now he was useful, and he had someone to come with him. He led the way outside, into the air that billowed down from the upper city's tunnels, and onto the sidewalk. It was just a block away, a quick walk even if they took their time.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 AM

Callum wrapped an arm around the small creature, leaning slightly into his warmth. He let Rune lead him to the small bar, which was slightly below street level. When they entered, they seemed to be the only customers, but the place didn't feel deserted. It felt warm and cosy, just the right place for a date. Though, Callum thought to himself, it's not really a date, is it? A human dating an incubus that he pays to see... What a joke.

As they settled at a small table located near the back of the bar, Callum glanced at the menus. They had reasonable prices, and a separate menu for humans and demons. The demon menu had stronger alcohol and more, interesting dishes. Callum settled on a glass of soda and gin, as well as the hot chips with barbecue sauce. Before he got up to order, he asked Rune what he would like.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 AM

Rune gladly leaned into Callum as he walked, showing the way. He felt... glad, in a way, that he knew the way to go, so he could show Callum the way and be relied upon. It almost felt as if he weren't really an incubus, and walking with the human was like... like he didn't really have to pay. Because in a way, both of them were paying. Callum was paying with actual money, and Rune, with a form of dignity. But he did feel a form of dignity. That he only had one client, while the rest had to be surprised each day.

He was glad that the bar was more or less empty, so they could have time to themselves---and the bartender, but that was only to be expected. Rune had't really been much of a drinker, but before Callum went to place an order, decided on something demons knew as Silverfin wine. It was so strong one glass would probably kill a human, or at least put them into a coma.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 05:43 AM

Callum got the drinks at the bar, from a fat and smouldering demon. He ordered his food and returned to the table with his drinks. He again picked up the demon menus, amazed to see the warnings under all the drinks listed. "Not for humans, can cause brain damage, heart damage, unconsciousness, delusions, death." The particular wine Rune had chosen was listed under drinks that could kill a human.

He set the glass down in front of Rune, fascinated by the glittering, silver liquid. He took a sip of his own drink, wondering why demons had stronger drinks and why they were fatal to humans. So much he didn't know or understand about this world. He waited for his food, staring into Rune's eyes and listening to the noises sounding around them.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:03 AM

Rune was glad when Callum returned, and accepted his glass with a word of thanks. It was a tall wineglass of pale red, and inside silvery wine sparkled. He smiled at the sheer energy it seemed to give off as he raised it to his lips and sipped easily. The substance would burn if he drank it too quickly. His tail curled lightly as the wine slid safely down his throat, like silk, and he regarded Callum with a light smile, finding him a little perplexed by the demon's menus. "Some alcohol is so strong it could immediately poison you." He offered as an explanation. "Others have actual poison in them, mainly coming from fruits humans can't eat."

He looked down as he spoke, finding it so odd that someone would be so willing to meet his eyes as Callum was doing. It just felt so strange...

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 06:15 AM

Callum noticed how the incubus looked away and glanced away himself. "Sorry, did I offend you?" he asked, knowing that in some cultures, it was an offence to stare so hard into another's eyes. "You are just so beautiful, I can't help looking at you." He chuckled at how lame it sounded for him to admit that. Luckily his food arrived before anything more embarrassing could happen. He tried the lightly sauced chips and smacked his lips. They were very delicious.

"Can incubi and succubi eat food?" he asked Rune, deciding he could find out a little more about his species.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:29 AM

Rune glanced up, feeling his face go red in a blush. He was beautiful, he'd been told that before, but Callum liked that... Rune smiled at that realization, that Callum did love how Rune looked. And it wasn't just in the heat of the moment, at the height of passion, that he said it. It was at a calm environment, and neither was drunk. He smiled, bringing his gaze back up and regarding Callum easily.

He nodded. "We can, yes." Rune slid his finger over his glass. "It doesn't give much energy since we rely more on human energy... which was hard for me to come by. I... would hide what I was while I was in the upper city and manage to get a little, but always feel so tired. Human food does sustain, but it makes us tired, and weak and thin." And Rune had always been thin. It was what added to his small and feminine look.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 06:40 AM

"True...?" Callum rubbed his chin as he thought about what Rune had said. He tried to imagine the incubus, alone and afraid in the city above this one. He wondered how Rune got by, probably by hugging a stranger or something along those lines. He took another sip from his drink and ate some more of the hot chips, still pleased by their flavour. He had never had anything like it before. "I had heard that demon-food was good... I never thought that it was true."

He smacked his lips and licked some of the sauce off his fingers, turning his attention back to Rune. What else could they talk about? It was so awkward between them, obvious that both of them hadn't had a partner before.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 AM

Rune nodded, sipping the wine again, pausing between each light swallow or it would feel more like fire. He giggled at Callum's words, nodding a little. True, demon food tended to be a bit more intriguing, if not taste much better than human food. But Rune had never really wondered why, accepting it more as a fact of life. He sighed, staring at Callum through his glass before setting it down.

"Callum..." He muttered. "I... never heard of that name before. It seems rare... Like a family name. Is that what it is?" Anything to keep his mind on one track. The way the human licked his fingers made Rune stare a little too hard, and worry---would he become, suddenly, one of those especially depraved incubi that roamed the undercity's streets and ambushed the humans that hadn't returned to the surface city yet? One of those insatiable demons that didn't fit in with any other brothel and were ultimately destoyed? No, no. He wouldn't change like that. It was impossible.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 AM

"Oh? It's quite common where I am from," Callum replied, raising an eyebrow, but smiling all the same. "I was in school with 4 other Callum's at one point. Was quite annoying actually." He thought briefly about the small country school he went to when he was younger. The teachers would get annoyed and give them all nicknames, instead of calling them by their first names. His was "Angel", something he had never told anyone.

"What about your name? Rune... It sound so... Exotic and mysterious..." He was wondering if it was a stage name, something that some prostitutes often did. Like call themselves "Kandi" or other ridiculous names like that.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:13 AM

Rune pursed his lips, curling his tail around his wrist and poking the sharp end of it. Callum was a rather common name? But he'd only ever heard one person with the name: The person sitting in front of him. "Mine...?" He paused, taking another sip of his wine. "Umm, well, I... I was kind of... found. Deep in the undercity's old caverns, where older cities used to be. I was wrapped in some old leather and sacks in one of the busted buildings, and words were written around me in a circle, made of chalk. But they couldn't read what the words said---they resembled runes, so that's what I was called."

He always felt a bit stupid telling the story when someone asked. Like he was making it up. He sighed shakily, holding his glass with both hands and keeping it up in front of his face. "I don't know anything else about it, though." He added quickly. "That's all they told me." He hadn't liked it in the undercity, so he'd gone above, and found it worse.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 07:57 AM

Callum found Rune's back story even more interesting and mysterious. "How are incubi and succubi born? I can't picture a child... Being like you..." He hoped his questions weren't getting on the creature's nerves. He wondered how he could tell Rune that he was free to ask him anything, anything at all about being human.

"I mean, my friend Rory told me about the schools you have down here and how you get trained into being... Well, in your type of business, yet he never did mention how you guys are created..." Was it possible that they reproduced like humans did? He couldn't imagine a succubus being pregnant. Another thing he had never really thought about until now was how come Rory knew so much about demons and the like? He'd have to ask his friend later about that...

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Rune smiled, recalling school. That was difficult to go through. He couldn't hide his tail and horns like others, and never accomplished anything others of his kind did. "Oh, succubi do get pregnant, yes." He said quickly. "But you can't really tell in regard to... bodily change. Incubi and succubi do reproduce like humans, as necessity rather than energy exchange of any kind. But after that the succubus gets almost insatiable, and for a week afterward they gather as much energy as possible to sustain her and her baby throughout the pregnancy. The baby's horns are there when they're born, though, only... very dull to not harm the mother." It seemed humans were quite interested in the demon life. They often asked a lot of seemingly-simple questions.

He glanced at Callum over his glass. "How... is it?" He asked, curiosity clawing at him finally. "I mean, to be human... And feel your age as you go from day to day? And how strange does it feel to... feel your energy... fade?" He set the glass down and scraped his index finger's nail over the light wood. "How... does it feel to... know you can't stay with one of us very long or you'll... die?" It was hard to keep the emotion out of his voice, but Rune was so curious.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 08:13 AM

Callum was intrigued by his questioning. He had never really thought about it, that he couldn't actually be with Rune, no matter how much he wanted to be. "I just feel really really tired, like I haven't slept for days on end," he tried to explain, remembering the other night with Rune. "I mean, that's how I felt after being with you that time... Though right now... It makes me feel hungry..." He considered the rest of his chips, thinking about how fat he'd get if he had to stay with Rune all day long.

"We don't really notice our mortality, unless something happens, like a close call or a family death... Else we just... Live, I suppose." He finished his drink and thought about ordering another, going against his decision. He rarely drunk anyway, and had never been wasted in his whole life.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 AM

Rune felt oddly content with that answer. That at least he didn't cause pain or discomfort, only a very strong sense of sleepiness and hunger, apparently. He smiled and nodded, sipping his wine until it was nearly gone. The stuff took ages to ferment, but wasn't terribly expensive, as his kind lived a long time and could wait it out easily. "I suppose I just think... a human's life is so short in comparison. It's like... I... I'm not sure. I guess I think about these things too much. I'm told it makes me a bad demon." Incubi and succubi weren't supposed to be too philosophical. They were supposed to have specific mindsets, and specific desires to fulfill those mindsets.

He felt a bit light-headed, though, and set the glass aside. He didn't drink, really, didn't have many real occasions to do so, but it didn't take much at all to get him drunk. He was small, after all, and just one glass of a superstrong liquor would have his mind buzzing in a pleasant way and his blood warmed.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 AM

"Rune, perhaps we should head back to your place? I mean, so I can show you how to be a good demon," Callum grinned, blushing slightly at his corny joke. He paid the barman, who was still smoking as though he was on fire, and lead his date back out into the cool air. The lights had dimmed now, possibly to signal nighttime. Callum couldn't imagine a life like this, under the ground, only to be hired for sex... Some might think of it as a dream... Callum had always hated the dark.

He found the Rough Diamond easily enough, and the two entered the house. Callum tried to be quiet, unsure whether people would be sleeping or not. He didn't want to wake anyone up or disturb them from their "business". As they made their way up to Rune's room, he noticed another incubus standing at his door. This one was tall, with long red hair and golden eyes. He was stunningly beautiful, but seemed to be missing a tail. The incubus waved at Rune and then retreated into his room, closing the door to give them privacy.

He looked at Rune, but asked for no explanation. That incubus seemed like an older brother to Rune, as though he was waiting up to make sure the younger incubus got home safety. He entered the room after Rune, immediately hugging the innocent creature and kissing him, his hands running over the hot skin once again...

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 AM

Rune couldn't help but laugh at what Callum said, though maybe it would have sounded a bit generic if he'd been completely sober. He vaguely felt he shouldn't have drank the whole glass, since the alcohol was already working on him. Still, he was thankful when Callum took the lead this time, and grasped his arm in a tight hug. Things passed in a bit of a blur, voices and the sound of vehicles melding into one, and it almost seemed like no time at all that they had returned to the Rough Diamond and were inside, walking up the stairs... Before they made it to his room, though, he recognized Aki, and waved quickly to him, leaning a bit on Callum to keep from losing his balance. They always joked about him being such a lightweight. But it was true.

He came back to his senses in time to close the door to his room, and feel Callum's hands running down him again. This time he didn't make it to Rune's tail before the smaller man had pushed him to the bed, pausing momentarily as a flash of blurry memory returned to him. "Being good is... boring." He unbuttoned Callum's shirt very slowly, then, as if to tease. But he already felt himself slipping, as if a second side had begun clawing to the surface, a much more complex one.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 09:03 AM

Panting heavily, Callum rolled over, nursing more scratches and bite marks to add to those acquired a few nights before. He smiled as he turned his head, looking at the wide-eyed Rune with affection. He didn't feel as... drained as the first time they had done it, perhaps because he had just eaten and Rune wasn't taking too much due to starving himself for years. That brought a question to mind. "How old are you?" he asked quietly, nuzzling the sweaty warmth of Rune.

The nights events were a lot more fresh in his mind, including some of the more... interesting aspects, such as when he tied the young incubus' hands up with his belt. Callum enjoyed seeing how much he could make Rune beg and flex... He was turning into such a pervert.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 AM

Rune was already feeling stronger than he ever was before. When he could hardly lift half his weight. Now he felt oddly strong, perhaps the way he was supposed to feel, and was already beginning to get into a habit of it. And despite his mind being clouded by alcohol and instinct, he did remember various points. Especially the belt. He'd felt a cool desperation when he'd been tied up like that, a bit of a rush that made his heart beat wildly and his voice raise quickly. The other had probably heard that...

He sighed, running his hand down Callum's arm. Age? He'd never specifically thought about that. He'd gone with the date he'd been found, after all, and wasn't sure how old he'd been then. No one had been. "In demon years I'm in my late teens, at best... But I might be in my late twenties by human years... I never found out from the people that found me." He didn't really like thinking about his homelessness, being raised by society and never really having a home. Parents. He buried his face in Callum's soft hair, breathing it in. He had less of that sweetness now, that a new human did, but still, it was intoxicating. "Why so curious?" He asked then.