Lilith the Ill
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Lilith the Ill

Old 08-09-2008, 02:03 PM

Hello hello!
The reason I'm making this thread is due to my unfortunate tendancy to actually gain a social life whenever an online event starts. This time around, it was a mix of being ill and having my boyfriend come visit from the other side of the country. This now leaves me with quite a few more stars to get, here at the end! Sadly, this also leaves me with a free art thread that I've sorely neglected. I've got some things finished, but for some reason I'm not able to upload them right now -___-;

Anywho!
Come, chat with me! How many stars do you have left? How many tokens do you have/spent? I know I've gone a bit crazy with the tokens... (while I was sick, I just sat my laptop next to me and got a token every 5 minutes whilst reading ^^;; )

Last edited by Lilith the Ill; 08-09-2008 at 02:06 PM..

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 02:19 PM

Hi there! I also have a hangout thread here, but it's not doing as well as I hoped, so I thought I'd come over here for a while to chat. :3
I still have to get the last two items, as well as figure out how to spend my tokens.

Lilith the Ill
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 02:23 PM

This forum is strage like that D:
Sometimes I have random bursts of people in my art thread, other times I can't find a soul to talk with. I've got 3 more items to get for myself, but I would like to get some spare ones to sell... xD;
And yessss, token spending is always hard for me. I was hoping that the MAC would be updated before the end of the event, but I don't think that I can wait much longer. So I've been buying random stuffs. Tonight I'll do the final shopping, I think.

(gah, my cat is crawling all over me, and trying to sit on my laptop -___-; )

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 02:27 PM

(Aww... I love cats. ^_^ ) I think I know what I'm going to buy, but it'll cost me about a thousand pure gold, even after my tokens. I was hoping to spend less than that, especially since I still want to buy this month's CIs.
The way I choose is I normally pick a color scheme or see what looks best with the event items. It's still pretty hard, because I don't want to buy a lot, but I also don't want to leave behind something I may use later...:sweat:

Tonosamanjuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 02:41 PM

Hello. ~ ♥

I'm in the same situation, I have to work noon until 8pm everyday and today is my only day off so I'm trying to get as much as I can. Hopefully I can get all the items I want today.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 02:45 PM

Hi Tonosamanjuu. I don't know if I could get on at all tomorrow, so that's why I'm rushing to get everything done today. How many items have you collected so far?

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2008, 02:48 PM

Well, I've got 12 tokens, and like four stars. D:

Anyways, Hello everyone! :]

Lilith the Ill
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 02:50 PM

@Luumi
Oh my, that's a lot of gold! I'm not letting myself buy any of the items without tokens. I'm trying to save up for various rares. As for colors... I generaly sitck to purple xD
I'm a fan of cool colors, however the red/gold combo this event has going on is quite tempting. I'm thinking if I can get enough tokens I'll go for a few.
(I love kitties too, but she's really driving me nuts right now D: )

@Tonosamanjuu
Oh noes, I wish that was my problem! My job doesn't start up again until classes do for me. I actually work at the university.. so it has its ups and downs. Best of luck to you today though!

Edit:
@iBackStab
Hello Hello!
You've got the red/gold combo going on that I was just talking about!

Last edited by Lilith the Ill; 08-09-2008 at 02:53 PM..

Tonosamanjuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 02:58 PM

@Luumi- Hi. ♥

Aw, I hope you get all items you want today then. ~
I know the TKC is giving a full EI set to the first person on page 100 if you want to take a try at that. ♥

I have about 3 of the EI's so far, and a ton of commons. I've already spent like 100 tokens on them but I still need 200 more. ~ :'D♥

@Lilith the Ill- Oh? When do you classes start. . . ?
And it's kind of cool you work at the University, if you don't mind me asking what type of job do you do?

Thank you! ~ ♥

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

xD It's only because before this event, the only thing I had was red/black items. :] I just figured I'd change my avatar to go with the theme of these few days. Haha, but I know what you mean, Red and Gold, Blue and Gold, and Blue and Silver have been everywhere lately!

Luumi
*^_^*

The red and gold look great together. Most of the commons I'm buying are going to be with those colors. The blue/gold ones look great too, but I think they won't look as good because they match the event items too much.
*sigh* This would be so much easier if I was better at making avatars. I haven't had one I liked since V-day. (Coincidentally, it's my current one.)

Hi iBackStab!

Lilith the Ill
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 PM

@Tonosamanjuu
Classes don't start until the 25th for me, but I'm moving in really early, on the 16th. As for my job, I work in the Nanotechnology building. I wish it was as cool as it sounds. I just do secretary work, phone calls, papers, delivering things. 'Tis easy but boring. I'm actually trying to pick up another job (or two... >>; ) to help make ends meet. College is not cheep! D:

Edit:
Rawr, sorry guys. My cat is making typing take way to long xD;

@iBackStab
Haha, Same here! Work with what you got~
I'm rather liking the addition of more purple items. Before there wasn't that much to work with at all, and I thought I might have to switch my usual color scheme to something else.

@Luumi
I really haven't made a 'dream avatar' at all yet.. I guess I'm just waiting for the MAC. I'm afraid of wasting monies :[

Last edited by Lilith the Ill; 08-09-2008 at 03:05 PM..

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 PM

I dunno; the avatars on Mene are just so detailed! There are so many little things you can put on them, and the items are nothing like Gaia. They're so much more detailed, and come in so many color variations. It's cool, except for when it comes to people ordering art. xD I've got to get so much more detailed than I normally am.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 03:06 PM

@iBackStab: Gaian avatars are pixels. Menewshan avatars are pretty pixels.
Even though I don't do avatar art, I can see your point about the details, though.

Lilith the Ill
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 03:07 PM

@iBackStab
Oooh, I know! 'Tis why I was so drawn to Mene in the first place. The layering really allows for very interesting combinations.

Nikkichu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Nikkichu

Old 08-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Hello!

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-09-2008, 03:09 PM

I didn't find out about the event until day #4...Bummer....I got all the star related event items...but I have a heap of token event items I want yet.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 03:12 PM

Okay, I've narrowed down the event commons I want so that I'll only have to pay about 400g after my tokens. I'll probably go buy them within an hour or so. (I have 4.55 stars! Almost enough for my second to last item!)
Hi Claudia and Nikkichu!
Edit: Wow Claudia. You must have been posting like crazy.

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Luumi: Yeah, I do a lot of avi art on Gaia, but I'm kind of afraid to do a lot here. xD -is lame-

Lilllith: Mmhm! I really love the fact you don't have to pay to keep changing your hair. xD

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 03:15 PM

@iBackStab: I want to do avatar art, but we don't have a scanner and I can only draw with pencil and paper. But why are you afraid to do it here?
(4.8 stars!)

Kieryn
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 03:16 PM

Good morning all! How's it going? I've finally gotten a complete set of event items, now just to work on getting the tokens together so that I can get the shop items I like ^.^

There are a lot, so I have to work my butt off some more today ^.^

Nikkichu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Nikkichu

Old 08-09-2008, 03:19 PM

Hello Luumi! ^_^ How are you this morning?

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2008, 03:22 PM

@ Nikkichu: Good. I'm rushing to get the last event item, but I'll probably be able to get it before lunch time. And I'm trying to limit myself to a reasonable number of commons to buy from the event store.
You?

dark_tenshi17
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2008, 03:22 PM

I've actually been away with no internet for most of the event so I have to do pretty much everything today and tomorrow (unfortunately I also have to work both days too)

`Rockstar
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2008, 03:23 PM

Just because I don't think I can go through with that amount of detail. xD I'm lazy, and used to only doing basic things. Haha, but I guess it might help me improve a bit. Still, I guess I just am worried that someone wouldn't feel I put enough detail into it in comparison to their avatar.