Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Well, I'm writing one right now, so in the upcoming scene. The main male character is going to tell the object of his affections that he loves her. How am I going to go about it? I always have a tough time deciding what to do whenever this particular scene comes up in my writing. I don't want it to be quick and in your face, or too slow and frustrating. I need some help!

Tagia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 PM

I used to write a lot of fan fiction when I was younger - now I write more original stuff. ^^

Tip for romance - don't make it too over the top, or it won't be believable. Just make it sweet.

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagia
I used to write a lot of fan fiction when I was younger - now I write more original stuff. ^^

Tip for romance - don't make it too over the top, or it won't be believable. Just make it sweet.
Okay then! Sweet it is!*smiles*

Tagia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM

Out of interest, what's the fic of?

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Out of interest, what's the fic of?
*blushes*...It's an X-men Evolution fanfic. it's about my fave coupling Cyclops and Rogue! Heh, yeah....I like them together in that 'verse....

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM

i still really like to get lost in the writing of fanfictions, but i haven't found any lately to read that i have been really into. its hard sometimes to get into other peoples works when they have differing views from your own but i totally give credit to the people out there that write fantastic fan fictions.

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_of_joy
i still really like to get lost in the writing of fanfictions, but i haven't found any lately to read that i have been really into. its hard sometimes to get into other peoples works when they have differing views from your own but i totally give credit to the people out there that write fantastic fan fictions.
Yeah, from what I've read. Scott and Rogue fan-fictions to me are very well written.

Tagia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM

xD! I love x-men evo. I adore the animation style, it's gorgeous. <3 I used to watch it all the time when it was first one.

I like nightcrawler. xD

Yeah, definatly go for the not too over the top style with those two. They're kinda shy so I don't think they'd be all overly romantic about it. I think it would be quiet. :)

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
xD! I love x-men evo. I adore the animation style, it's gorgeous. <3 I used to watch it all the time when it was first one.

I like nightcrawler. xD

Yeah, definatly go for the not too over the top style with those two. They're kinda shy so I don't think they'd be all overly romantic about it. I think it would be quiet. :)
Yeah! Good planning! Heh, but in this story, their performing in a school play as two characters that fall in love. Raising the sexual tension between them, causing them both to question each others feelings for each other! Hot huh?

Tagia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Oooh, good premise! That's always a good one for manouvering characters into akward situations. xD

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Oooh, good premise! That's always a good one for manouvering characters into akward situations. xD
Plus they have a dance sequence that pulls them close together, inches apart from kissing each other, when Scott and Rogue show the dance in front of the other X-men, Jean gets really jealous!*smirks*

Tagia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 PM

xD Good. I always hated her. D:

Are you going to post any of it here when it's done? I'll be happy to give you tips if I can. ^^

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
xD Good. I always hated her. D:

Are you going to post any of it here when it's done? I'll be happy to give you tips if I can. ^^
For sureness! Hehe, I've nearly written 20 pages in the last 4 days. Heh, I really get into it when I'm inspired.

Tagia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 08:59 PM

^^ Awesome. It has been a while since I read fanfic. :O

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
^^ Awesome. It has been a while since I read fanfic. :O
My writing style is descriptive but not too descriptive. If you go into too much detail, it ruins it.

Tagia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 09:03 PM

Phew, I'm glad! There's nothing worse for me than a Tolkien-esk novel, with every single second described. D: It bores me. xD

Alice Seno
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Phew, I'm glad! There's nothing worse for me than a Tolkien-esk novel, with every single second described. D: It bores me. xD
Yeah, I love Tolkien's stuff, but he drags it on a little too long.