Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:34 PM

This story is NOT MINE. It was written by witowsmp on fanfiction.net and the author has graciously allowed me to post this here

Plotline of the story - Professor McGonagall has watched the Dursleys all day and can see what sort of people they are. When Dumbledore leaves Harry on their doorstep and disappears, she takes him away. HHr

Link to the origional story on FF.net -
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3160475/1/Harry_McGonagall

think to the author's profile -
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/983103/witowsmp

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
“Good luck, Harry,” said Professor Dumbledore as Minerva McGonagall watched the baby lying outside the door of Number Four Privet Drive. The aged headmaster turned on his heel, and with a swish of his cloak, he was gone.

McGonagall knew that she was expected to leave as well. She knew she was supposed to trust Albus’ judgment, but she had watched these muggles all day, and they were the worst sort of people you could ever meet. She bent down to touch the baby’s hand one last time, and he started crying. She quickly picked him up and he stopped crying immediately. She gazed into the infant’s eyes that looked so much like his mother’s and sobbed.

“How can that man just dump James’ and Lily’s child on a doorstep like a milk bottle when he’s never even seen these people?” she muttered to herself. As images of what she’d observed coupled in her mind with what Lily had told her about her sister’s hatred of magic and refusal to acknowledge she, James, and Harry as family, Minerva came to a decision to do something she’d never done before. Defy Albus Dumbledore. She looked at Harry’s little face again and said sternly, “I will not allow that man to ruin your life!” and disapparated away as people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices: ‘To Harry Potter – the boy who lived.’
__________________________________________________ ____

As Minerva walked toward the house pushing a buggy she had conjured, she knew she had to act quickly if she didn’t want the Headmaster to know she’d taken the child. She’d spent the night in a muggle hotel considering her options. If she didn’t show up at Hogwarts, Albus would know she’d kidnapped Harry, and she’d be living as a fugitive. If she brought the baby to Hogwarts, Albus would find out soon enough and send Harry to the Dursleys, probably firing her in the process. She needed to find Harry an appropriate home, at least for a few years. She may eventually disguise and take him in to live with her at Hogwarts, claiming that he was her nephew or something if necessary, but not for a few years. She couldn’t give him to a wizarding family, because they would all know who he was. She did agree that the boy didn’t need to grow up famous. There was only one person she could think of. She hadn’t seen him since last Christmas, nearly a year ago, but she’d always gotten along very well with him, and thought that he and his wife were wonderful people. She was very glad that the Headmaster had called off classes in honor of recent events.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
She knocked on the door of Number Eight Churchill Drive wearing a plain muggle dress. The door opened, and a dark-haired woman with brown eyes, who was in her mid twenties, opened the door and smiled. She was wearing maternity clothes. She was five months pregnant and showing it very much.

“Aunt Minnie?” she exclaimed, “and a baby. Come in.”

Smiling at her nephew’s wife, she said, “Hello Cindy. I must say you look absolutely radiant. Is Mark here? There’s something I want to talk to you two about.”

Cindy grinned at Minerva. “Yeah. I’ll go get him. Cute baby. Whose is he?”

Minerva sighed. “That’s part of what I need to talk to you two about.”

Cindy gave her Aunt-in-law a strange glance, but walked out of the room.

A few minutes later, a blonde man with blue eyes walked into the room and hugged the kidnapper. “Aunt Minnie, it’s good to see you again! Are you keeping those Gryffindors out of trouble?” He continued, not really expecting an answer. “Cindy said you wanted to speak to us.”

“Yes Mark. It’s a long story. You may wish to sit down.” Minerva looked at her brother’s squib son (who’d told his muggle wife all about the magical world so that they could visit his family) and said, “I’ve kidnapped this child, and I want you to raise him.”

“What?” exclaimed both Mark and Cindy.

“You see,” said Minerva, “This is Harry Potter.” She then told the quick story of how Voldemort had killed the Potters and been vanquished, and how Harry would be famous, and how Dumbledore had wanted the boy raised by, “the worst example of humanity I’ve ever seen. He hadn’t even bothered to meet them. Just dropped him on their doorstep with a note! He may be a genius, but he hasn’t got an ounce of common sense if he thinks Harry would be happily accepted into that home! Anyway, as soon as he’d left, I took Harry, and I was, er, hoping you would, well, give him a home here. I realize it might not be the perfect time with another baby on the way, but I do hope you’ll consider it.” She looked at them nervously with pleading eyes.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
The young couple looked at Harry, Minerva, and then each other. Mark finally spoke. “Um, well, I was going to tell you at Christmas, but in January, we’re moving to America for my job, so you wouldn’t really be able to see him much.”

Minerva smiled brightly. “That would be even better! They’d never think to look for him there!”

“Well, I think Cindy and I will have to talk this over. Why don’t you watch television while we go to another room?”

“Tele-what?” asked the professor.

After they’d set her up watching a soap opera, Mark and Cindy McGonagall walked into their bedroom and closed the door. He put his hands in his pockets and paced around for a few seconds before saying, “Well, what do you think?”

“What do you think?” she countered.

He took a deep breath. “Well, the things on the positive side are that we were planning on having more than one child anyway, and Harry does need a family. If no one has the slightest idea where he is, then he should be safe from the Death Eaters if they want revenge.”

“Not to mention how cute he is, but we’d have to do something about that scar. It’s too recognizable.”

He sighed, “Which brings us to the bad points. We’d not only have to hide his scar. We’d have to disguise him in other ways. Maybe change his hair color.”

She looked sad. “You mean we’d have to keep dying his hair all the time?”

“No. I’m sure Aunt Minnie could permanently change it.”

She took a deep breath. “But don’t change the green eyes. I like them.”

“So do I,” he said smiling.

“So, are we doing this?” asked Cindy.

“If we do it, we will be kidnappers,” said Mark.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Cindy grinned. “We could just claim we found him on our doorstep the way Dumb-Old-Dork left him at the Dursleys.”

He began to smile as he considered it. “We could have Aunt Minnie change his fingerprints and stuff so that they won’t be able to identify him. Then we say we’ve grown attached to him and want to keep him. That way, we really will be his guardians.”

“What should his name be?”

He smiled at his wife. “Well, I think we could stick with the name Harry, since he probably already responds to it anyway. It is a common name that shouldn’t arouse suspicion. But I do think we should change the middle name, and of course give him our last name.”

Cindy smiled at him. “We’ll call him ‘Harry Mark McGonagall.’”

Mark then kissed his wife deeply and then excitedly said, “We’re gonna have a baby!”

They went back to find Minerva immersed deeply in a program on the tele. When they walked in the room, Mark said, “Aunt Minnie,” and she about jumped from being startled. “We’ve decided to adopt him. We’re going to name him Harry Mark McGonagall.”

The professor smiled the biggest smile of her life. “That’s wonderful! Thank you!”

After McGonagall had transfigured Harry’s fingerprints, toe prints (just to be sure), and hair (to blonde), and was able to temporarily hide the scar with a glamour charm (for a few days with a promise to redo the charm whenever they needed her to until they adopted him) she accompanied them to the child welfare department, but didn’t go into the office with them. She waited impatiently for over an hour until they finally walked back with Harry in Cindy’s arms.

Without waiting for his aunt to speak, Mark announced, “They were happy to let us keep the child while they run the fingerprints, and told us that if they couldn’t locate a relative…”

“…which they shouldn’t thanks to you,” interjected a grinning Cindy.

“…that there probably shouldn’t be any problem with us adopting him before we leave for America.”

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-07-2008, 07:39 PM

If this isn't your own work, I believe that everything should be in quotes:

Quote:
Like this.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:40 PM

I have permission from the author, as well as others, to post this as i am now.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Over the next few months, Minerva was getting owls from her dead brother’s son almost every day. She’d made it a point to only have them come when she knew she’d be alone instead of at breakfast. As promised, whenever they were going to bring Harry to any kind of official meeting, Minerva visited their house the night before and hid the scar. Mark and Cindy planned on talking to some kind of muggle doctor about hiding Harry’s scar permanently when they got to America.

Albus, in the meantime, hadn’t mentioned Harry, so neither did Minerva. She’d gotten a book on Occlumency the day after she kidnapped Harry and was working on it in every spare minute she could find so that Dumbledore wouldn’t find out Harry’s whereabouts from her.

On the same mid-December day that the horrible news of the attack on Frank and Alice Longbottom was in the Daily Prophet, Minnie got the good news that Harry had been officially adopted. He now was officially ‘Harry Mark McGonagall,’ and the courts decided to claim his date of birth as August 12th 1980. Minerva was impressed that the muggle doctors had guessed it within less than two weeks of his actual birth.

She spent Christmas break at their house, and brought a ton of toys and outfits for Harry, along with some baby clothes and toys for the expected addition to the family. She also gave them a magical two-way mirror that they could use to communicate with her. She magically hid Harry’s scar for the last time as Mark and his family were about to go to the airport to fly to America. As they parted, the stern teacher started crying. She knew she’d miss them all.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
She spent Christmas break at their house, and brought a ton of toys and outfits for Harry, along with some baby clothes and toys for the expected addition to the family. She also gave them a magical two-way mirror that they could use to communicate with her. She magically hid Harry’s scar for the last time as Mark and his family were about to go to the airport to fly to America. As they parted, the stern teacher started crying. She knew she’d miss them all.

Within a few months of moving to Lansing, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, where Mark worked, Harry’s scar was now completely invisible, thanks to the work of a muggle doctor his adopted parents had taken him to. It was the day after McGonagall received this news that she was summoned to the headmaster’s office.

She opened the door to find a very worried-looking Dumbledore, pacing the floors. “Hello Minerva, would you care for a lemon drop?” he said absently. Fawkes was nowhere to be seen.

After McGonagall shook her head and sat down, the Headmaster sat back in his chair. “I’m afraid I have terrible news, Minerva.”

“Ter…Terrible news? What’s happened, Albus?”

“I managed to place a squib on Privet Drive to keep watch over Harry Potter a few days ago, and she has reported that he’s not there. I personally went there myself, and I discovered that they never found Harry on their doorstep.”

For a moment, she thought she’d been caught, but wasn’t about to make it easy for him. “They didn’t find him?” she repeated, sounding and looking as distressed as she could.

Dumbledore nodded sadly, and then he looked back up at her. “Minerva, you spent the day there. Did you spot anyone unusual in the area? Someone who may have been watching us and took young Harry as soon as we left him there.”

Steve the Garden Hose
Oxygen Molecule Rangler

Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Durem
What they mean is, it against the Menewsha Rules to post something that was not yours, unless it was in quotes. :)

Edit- >.>
Someone reported the thread without trying to explain

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Making sure her Occlumency shields were up as strong as possible in case he probed her mind, she answered, “No Albus. I didn’t notice anyone.” She would’ve added, “except those horrible muggles you left Harry with,” but didn’t want to remind him that she didn’t approve of the Dursleys.

He buried his face in his hands. “I fear that Death Eaters kidnapped him. Either to take revenge upon, in which case he’s dead, or to raise him to follow their ways, perhaps even to be the next dark lord.”

Her eyes widened in shock. “Surely you don’t believe…”

“What else could have happened, Minerva? It’s my fault, as Remus was gracious enough to point out to me when I informed the Order. I should have knocked on the Dursleys’ door and personally handed Harry to them. That would have activated the blood wards. We hope that Harry’s alive since no one has bragged about killing him, which the Death Eaters probably would do, but we just don’t know. Even if he’s alive, they could literally be anywhere on this planet, maybe even in a house under a Fidelius charm, by now.” He half grinned at this. “They could be as close as Hogsmeade if they used that charm, and we’d never even know it.” He sighed, looking older than ever before. “Well, you’ve listened to me ramble on long enough. You may go. If you think of anything at all, no matter how insignificant, let me know.”

As Minerva left Albus’ office, she felt terrible about lying to him and making him so worried, but she reminded herself that he deserved this for trying to leave Harry on a doorstep. She also reminded herself that it had been nearly five months since Harry had been left at the Dursleys, and he’s finally checking on him. She knew that no residual magic would still be there by now to show she’d apparated with the baby if anyone bothered to check, so she was in the clear.

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 PM

Thanks Steve, I didn't want to be pushy or anything...I was just trying to be helpful. I guess I could have worded my poster better.

EDIT: Don't worry about it I already reported the thread so a mod should be here soon to tell you yes it's okay, or no it's not. ^^

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve the Garden Hose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis Durem
What they mean is, it against the Menewsha Rules to post something that was not yours, unless it was in quotes. :)
I will contact an admin and ask them. if it is against the rules, then fine. But i don't think this is.

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 04-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Alexis, it is in fact against the rules to post work that is not your own ... even if you have permission. I will have to lock this thread for now and you will receive a pm from me shortly.