Yugi_Hoshi

Old 10-13-2007, 07:06 PM

Konnichiwa minna! It's me again here to bring you another fic!
Hiei: Why would people want to read the crap you write?
You better be nice to me Hiei...or else!
Hiei: Or else what?
Or else people will see that picture of you in a dress!
Hiei: That was from losing a bet!
But the bet said nothing about you having to wear a bow you put that on yourself and you were hugging a teddy bear!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It was soooo KAWAII! Hi-chan!
Hiei: Oh shut up! you babbling baka!
You know you love me Hi-chan...
Hiei: No I don't!
Then why did you save me from those angry flamers who said that I made you OOC?
Hiei: Because I will be the one to kill you not them! Now will you please just on with the fic already?
Okie-dokie,Hi-chan! Enjoy
Hiei: Don't...
Chapter 1- "It came from the...manga!"
Yugi Hoshi a young high school student walked down the street heading for her favorite book store. She loved books more than anything else, the others students at her school often teased her calling her a book worm.
The teachers didn't care much for her either because even though she had excellent grades the highest in the school she always had her nose in a book never paying attention to their ramblings at all.
Yugi wasn't very fond of other humans she liked to say that she was a demon not a human. She loved books why did so many people have a problem with that? It just didn't make sense to her.
Most people said it was because she was denying reality but that wasn't true at all she wasn't denying reality she just thought reality was boring thats all.
She adjusted her backpack strap so it sat more comfortably on her shoulder. She passed by a group of kids from her school it was a group of boys all who hated her.
"Well, well, if it isn't the child of darkness away from your precious books for a moment, ne?" One of the boys sneered stepping in front of her.
She side stepped him and continued walking until the smell of smoke caught her senses she turned to see what they were doing. She was filled with rage when she saw that they were burning one of her favorite american books Stephen King's Everythings Eventual.
'how dare they!' Her mind shouted.
With cat-like reflexes and lightning speed she had the boy pinned against the wall of a nearby building he shivered in fear as her lime green eyes glared menacingly at him. Her grip on his shoulder loosened when she felt someone yank on her chesnut tresses she turned her head to see a middle-aged woman most likely the owner of the store that she had the boy pinned against.
"Leave the boy alone!" the woman said sternly, Yugi nodded in agreement and fully released the boy from her clutches allowing him to fall to his knees before her. The woman then released Yugi's hair letting it cascade back to her knees from her loose ponytail. Yugi kneeled down and picked up the burnt book looking at it forlornly before she once againg set off for the bookstore.
After a few minutes of walking she came upon her favorite bookstore she loved this place because no matter how many times she came here they always had new books for her to read. Unlike the library where she had read all 160,400,329 books whereas the library claimed that this was impossible for a 15yr. old girl.
Yugi gently opened the door and stepped inside to have the scent of calming lavander and lilac hit her nose. She stepped over to the nearest book shelf and began looking at various titles picking one to read.
The bookstore wasn't huge but it was homey the old creaking maple floorboards, the oak and redwood bookshelves, the old tattered furniture in one corner, the old,yellow posters on the walls showing pictures of old japanese films from before she was born and the rusty ladder next to the tallest bookshelf. This place was more comfortable then her real home.
"Well, if it isn't my best customer..." a gentle and calm voice spoke out against the silence. Yugi turned her head to see Mrs.Mimori the owner of this store.
"Konban wa, Mimori-san, genki desu ka?" Yugi asked kindly since she knew the woman would understand that she had asked how she was doing and this seemed to be the only person on the entire planet that understood her. Yugi was kind she just rarely acted that way especially towards humans.
"I'm fine Yugi...thank you for asking" Mrs.Mimori replied. Yugi nodded smiling sweetly at the old woman. "Yu-chan, I've got to go and visit some of my family in England I'll be gone for about a week and a half...I need someone to watch the store would you do it for me?" the old woman asked.
"Sure, Mimori-san...I'd love to...I have school off for the next two weeks anyway" Yugi chirped happily.
"Good, also would you mind staying in my house upstairs? since you live so far away..."
"Uh, sure if it's not to much trouble..."
"Well then I'll be going...ja ne Yu-chan" Mrs.Mimori said stepping out the door with her suitcase and down the stoop to the taxi outside.
"Matta ne, Mimori-san have a good time I'll take good care of this place!" Yugi shouted as she waved at the taxi as it drove out of sight. She turned around and went back inside she quickly padded up the stairs into the loft that Mrs.Mimori lived in she removed her shoes and set her backpack down by the door. She flopped down on the couch in the living room just as she was getting comfortable she noticed a manga sitting on the table.
She quickly snatched it up "Yu Yu Hakusho..." she read the title aloud. She flipped open the cover and read the first page.
"Whoever reads past this first page will have a lover sent to them from within this book to help them with their troubles and show them what life is about...so if you wish to fall in love turn the page otherwise close this book and it will be ereased."
Yugi laughed at the silly introduction of this comic.
"A wish yeah right! oh well might as well play along..." Yugi giggled as she flipped the page. Suddenly, the whole room filled with a white light when the light faded there was a young man laying on the couch his head in her lap and he seemed to be unconscious.
"What the hell he came out of the...manga!"
Now if you want me to keep going please review and if you want to flame
go ahead I don't care your flames will be used to cook hotdogs for the nice reviewers anyway Hiei since I forgot before will you please say the disclaimer?
Hiei: no
Please?
Hiei:hn. fine She doesn't own Yu Yu Hakusho but she owns Yugi Hoshi and Mrs.Mimori.
Arigatou Hi-chan! Anywho Matta ne people. The next chapter will be sooo cool!

Chapter 2- "Scares, screams and...peeping toms?"

Re-cap: "Yugi had just opened a manga called Yu Yu Hakusho and a light filled the room when it went away there was some guy lying in her lap and he appeared to be unconscious lets see how this turns out...."

Yugi sat there in shock for a few moments before her brain began functioning again, she stared at the man in her lap she gently lifted his head and set it on the couch before she sank to the floor. She began to study some of the features of the man. He had spikey raven hair with a strange white starburst, he was wearing a black tank top with black pants and four white belts, and black shoes.

"He looks like a goth..." Yugi said observing his dark clothes a groan from the man sent her shooting back to the wall on the opposite side of the room. "How the hell did he get here?" she cursed quietly. After regaining her confidence she crawled back over to the couch where the man layed. She began poking him in the temple with the pencil she always kept behind her ear "Oi! you alive?" she asked as she continued her poking.

"Will you quit fuckin' pokin' me!" the man shouted angrily as he shot upright Yugi shrieked in suprise. The man looked at her confused "where the hell am I?" he demanded.

"I think the question is where the hell did you come from?" Yugi shouted right back in the man's face. The man simply stared at her for a few seconds he was mezmerized by her lime green eyes he had never eyes like hers. He was brought back to reality when the girl began waving her hand in front of his face.

"Oi, oi, oi..." the girl continued this until he grabbed her hand to get her to stop.

"Cut it out..." he said calmly as he released her hand.

"My name is Hiei..." the man now known as Hiei said quietly Yugi nodded to show she understood.

"My name is Yugi...Yugi Hoshi" she said staring at him cautiously as if he was going to attack her Yugi was not the most trusting person on the planet she was always parinoid of new people once she got to know people she was more comfortable around them. Well that really only counted with Mrs. Mimori.

"So you don't know how I got here?" Hiei asked.

Now Yugi wanted to say yes but then she would have to explain about the book and then he would think that she was crazy and would most likely not believe her. However, Yugi had already said that she wanted to know where he came from so she couldn't take it back so she no choice but to tell him about what happened with the book.

"Well, you appeared here after I opened that book..." she said pointing at the manga on the floor she had thrown when Hiei had appeared in her lap. Hiei stood up off the couch and walked over to the book and gently picked it up flipping through the pages.

"Theres nothing in it...no words or pictures or anything..." Hiei said holding the book out to Yugi she grabbed and flipped through the pages he was right! There weren't any words in the book nor were there any pictures which was strange since that was what made up mangas as far as she knew she couldn't imagine that this was a new fad.

"Nani? even the weird introduction is gone!" Yugi shouted in suprise how could this be true it had been there a minute ago could ink just disappear into the paper.

"So, how do I get home? where ever that is..." Hiei asked sitting back down on the couch as he held his head in his hands in defeat. Yugi felt bad for him it was one thing to hate your family like she did but at least she knew who they were he didn't even know who or where they were. She sat down beside him and put her hand over his this was the most she could do to comfort someone since she didn't really touching people.

"If it helps any the book said if I turned the page it would send me a lover someone to help me...isn't that really weird?" Yugi laughed trying to cheer him up. His head snapped up at that comment.

"It said that?" he said in shock staring at her intensly.

"Y-yeah...weird,ne?" she stuttered feeling slightly nervous from him staring at her so intensly. It was then she noticed his eyes, they were the most beautiful wine red she's ever seen she was captivated by them. Now if she had been paying attention she would have noticed that their faces were inching closer and closer till their noses were touching. It was at that moment that the bell on the door downstairs rang telling them that there was a customer this caused Yugi to snap back to reality. "O-oh a-a custom-mer...I-I'd better go help them..." Yugi stuttered before running back downstairs if she had stayed a little longer she would have seen the disappointed look on Hiei's face.

Yugi arrived at the bottom of the stairs and just as she turned to face the customer she was hit in the face with a waterballoon. She spit out some of the liquid in her mouth at first she had thought she had been drenched with water from the balloon but in truth she was now covered with honey. She wiped some of the sticky goo from her face and glared at the person who had thrown it, it was the boy she had scared the life out of earlier that day and he was in a laughing fit. Hiei came down the stairs to see a honey covered Yugi and some boy rolling on the floor with laughter and if glares could kill well lets just say that with Yugi's glare the kid would be a lot deeper than that.

Hiei could tell that Yugi was upset and for some reason that made him upset too. Suddenly, before Hiei could blink Yugi had the boy pinned against the closed door. Yugi smirked at the boy in a way that made the boy's blood run cold.

"You really didn't think this through did you?...there is no one here to save you"

"There is the manager of the store..."

"Yer lookin' at 'er" Yugi sneered at that moment the boy's facade became one of total fear.

"What are you going to do?"

"Exactly what you did to my favorite book..." Yugi said taking a lighter out of her pocket and in one swift movement lit the boy's hair on fire opened the door and threw him out onto the side walk.

"Now leave me the fuck alone!" she shouted as she slammed the door shut she turned to face Hiei and quickly turned her gaze to the floor. "I look like an idiot don't I?" Yugi said forlornly.

"No." Yugi looked up at Hiei to see he was being serious and she couldn't help but smile and not a smirk smile or a fake smile a true smile.

"Well, thanks Hiei...well I'm gonna go take a bath" Yugi said as she ran back up the stairs and down in a second now holding a towel and some new clothes. She jogged to the back door and swung it open she quickly went down the stone path to the little bath house. Mrs. Mirmori had chose to get this instead of a bathtub why she did Yugi would never know but she really didn't care anyway. She ran inside and quickly removed her clothes and jumped into the large bathtub that was the size of a small pool. The hot water felt really good and helped so that it only took a few minutes to wash off all of the honey. After she was done washing she just decided to sit in the tub for a little bit.

Suddenly, she heard the floor boards creak from outside one of the walls.

With Hiei,
Hiei was peeking through a hole in the wall of the bath house he knew that this was wrong but he just couldn't stop himself. At that moment someone slammed him over the head with what felt like a bucket he looked up to see Yugi glaring down at him.

"See somethin' ya like in there Hiei?...YOU FUCKIN' PEEPING TOM!" Yugi shouted.

"Uh...h-hi Yu-Yugi I uh was uh well um hehehe....I'm dead aren't I?"

"yup, so start runnin'..." Yugi said with a smirk.

Well thats all you get for now I hope you liked it and if you want more than you'll have to review I think this story is developing well tell me what you think and I'll start working on the next chappie. Matta ne!

Konnichiwa sorry I haven't updated in a while I was really busy and then went on vacation. But this chapter should be really good hope you like it.

Hiei: Sam, aren't you forgeting something?

Oh yeah arigatou Hiei for reminding me Hi-chan! For the reviewer who asked Hiei and Kurama don't know each other in this fic. Gomen nasai, but they still get along. I don't own either of them.T_T

Hiei: HA! You had to say the disclaimer instead of me!

Then you'll have to say something embarrasing later...

Hiei:>.< Kuso!

Chapter 4: "Shopping, Ice cream...and preps! Oh crap!"

It was a nice and sunny day and there wasn't a cloud in the sky now normally this would make people happy, but Yugi prefered darkness because the sunlight always seemed to hurt her sensitive eyes and whenever she did go outside she had her trusty sunglasses. Unfortunetly, Mizumaru forced Yugi to lend them to Hiei for the day so this made their walk to the mall very uncomfortable.

"Mizu-chan, why did I have to give Hiei-kun my glasses?" Yugi whined for the 100th time. At this point Mizumaru wanted to rip her ears off of her head to escape the annoying pleas from Yugi.

"I told you Yugi, people aren't very accustomed to seeing a person with red eyes..." Mizumaru said through gritted teeth as she rubbed her temple in frustration.

"...well, my eyes aren't very accustomed to light..." Yugi growled under her breath sending a glare Mizumaru's way with enough power to kill any other person.

"Yeah, yeah...Kodomo no yami...but your eyes are a ordinary color..." Mizumaru teased poking Yugi in the shoulder as she recieved a threatining growl in return.

"Actually, Yugi's eyes are a strange shade of green..." Kurama stated observing Yugi's eyes.

"That's from staying in the dark all the time..." Mizumaru teased.

"Will you shut up already!" Yugi shouted angrily as she threw a punch right at Mizumaru's cheek sending her back a couple of inches. Mizumaru rubbed her cheek before throwing a punch at Yugi and hitting her in the cheek as well Yugi wiped the thin trail of blood away from her chin. "Heh, you're getting better Mizu-chan" Yugi smirked.

"I've got a great teacher, Yugi-sensei" Mizumaru sneered. Mizumaru and Yugi had always enjoyed street fighting and so they practiced together all the time, they were both very good but Yugi was still a little better than Mizumaru. Mizumaru and Yugi stared at each other for a few moments before they both broke out laughing. Hiei and Kurama just stared in confusion at the pair of crazed girls.

"One minute their throwing punches and the next their laughing...*sigh* I've had enough..." Hiei sighed continuing down the side walk. Yugi and Mizumaru finally stopped laughing and wiped the tears from their eyes.

"Oi Hiei!" Yugi called.

"Nani?" He growled.

"You're goin' the wrong way the mall is this way!" Yugi said pointing down the street next to her and Mizumaru.

"Hn." Hiei grunted turning around and walking next to the girls acting as if he had known it was this way the whole time. Yugi muffled a laugh at seeing Hiei embarressed.

It was a few more minutes before they finally reached the mall. They walked to the doors and quickly walked inside. The group had been shopping and going into various stores for about an hour until Mizumaru suggested a trip to the ice cream shop which Yugi and Hiei happily agreed to. They had just arrived at the ice cream shop and they were just about to get in line when a group got in their way.

"Just a moment...Luggi-chan" A girl with bright orange hair and black streaks announced pointing at Yugi. Yugi growled angrily this was not what she needed right now.

"What do you want Kaoru? Ya fuckin' bitch!" Yugi growled glaring daggers at the girl.

"You know what very well what I want...You beat up my big brother...and now I'll beat you up!" Kaoru shouted angrily.

"First off...your brother tried to beat me up...and second if he couldn't beat me up then what makes you think that you could beat me up..." Yugi sighed rubbing her temple just looking at the girl gave Yugi a major headache.

"Whose is this Kaoru?" Kurama asked nudging Mizumaru.

"Well, lets just say that her and Yugi have never seen eye to eye...the girl is punk poser and prep and constantly picks fights with Yugi even though she never wins the girl has definitely taken a few to many blows to the head" Mizumaru said crossing her arms over chest as she let out a sigh.

"Look Kaoru, I don't have time for this today I just want to get ice cream with my friends so go away..." Yugi said pushing past the girl.

"You're probably just scared that you'll end up killing me like you did your little brother!" Kaoru sneered putting her hands on her hips. Yugi froze in her tracks and faster than someone could say 'Peter's Pickeled Piper Pizza' five times fast Kaoru was on the floor with blood coming out of her nose and her lip bleeding. Yugi was standing with her back to her.

"Don't ever talk about my brother!" Yugi growled over her shoulder Kaoru quickly jumped up and ran out with the group of her wanabes.

"Exuse me miss I'm going to have to ask you to leave..." A middle aged man in a security uniform said tapping Yugi on her shoulder. Without saying anything Yugi took off running out the door of the mall.

"Whats the deal with her brother?" Kurama asked curiously.

"I don't feel comfortable telling you if you want to know go ask Yugi yourself..." Mizumaru said sounding slightly sad. "Hey, where is Hiei?"

"Lets go find him..." Kurama but Mizumaru stopped him.

"Lets get some ice cream first" Mizumaru said pulling him to the counter.

With Yugi...............

Yugi sat on the branch of an oak tree in the park just outside of the mall. She was hugging her knees to her chest and had her face buried in them.

' I won't cry I promised my brother I wouldn't cry' Yugi thought as she held back a sniffle. She suddenly became aware of the fact that someone was sitting next to her. "Go away Mizu-chan..." Yugi mumbled.

"That's not my name..."

Yugi looked up to see Hiei sitting there next to her "H-Hiei what are you-?" Yugi stopped mid-sentence as Hiei embraced her in his arms. Hiei wasn't sure if this would help but when he'd seen Mizumaru hug Yugi before it had seemed to make her feel better.

"Do you want to talk about your brother?" Hiei asked as he tightened his hold on her. Yugi nodded she had never told anyone but Mizumaru but Hiei had a right to know too.

"It happened seven years ago....."

Flashback......................................... ..................................

Yugi sat on the old worn carpet in her living room she was playing with a little boy with chesnut brown hair and lime green eyes they were happily stacking blocks. Their parents were sitting on the couch with their grandma watching the pair.

"Their such a cute pair of twins!" Their grandma squeled as she tucked a strand of her curly red hair behind her ear.

"Cute? Mother how can you be so stupid these children are children of Satin just look at their eyes!" The father shouted hauling Yugi in the air by her arm.

"Itai! Outou-san dat hurts wet go!" Yugi cried. The man snorted and threw her back down to the floor Yugi whimpered as she clutched her dislocated shoulder. Her little brother Zuo crawled over to her hugging her hoping it would make his sister feel better.

"How can you say that about your own children!" The grandmother gasped as she kneeled next to Yugi and Zuo.

"Easy! and now we're undoing our mistake..." The father said grabbing Yugi and Zuo and tossing them out the door and into the rain outside and them slammed the door shut. Yugi and Zuo stared at the door waiting for it to open again when it never did they began walking away. They had been walking for about ten minutes when they came to the bridge but as they were crossing their father showed up behing them and he had a gun in his hand. Zuo and Yugi backed up but Zuo went to far and slipped over the edge Yugi barely had time to catch him. She held onto his tiny hand as hard as she could.

"Sis' dow' wet me fa' peas'..." Zuo whined to his sister his eyes full of tears. Suddenly, a searing pain tore through Yugi's shoulder her father had shot a bullet through her shoulder Yugi hissed in pain but refused to let of her brothers hand go. Her father kneeled down and pointed his gun at her forearm and fired another shot this time the pain was too great and Yugi let her brother's hand slip she watched in horror as her little brother disappeared into the swirling rapids below the bridge.

"Zu-chan!!!" Yugi cried in anugish as tears began to fall down her cheeks. She sat up and saw that her father was gone she knew that he would torture her more before he would let her die. She held he knees to her chest and buried her face in them as she cried tears of sorrow for her lost brother the once clean brigde now covered in her blood.

End Flashback......................................... .............................

Yugi once again tried to hold back a sniffle "Thats how I lost my brother..." Yugi whispered.

"You can cry if you want to..." Hiei said hesitantly he wasn't sure if he was helping but he was trying his best.

"I don't need to cry..." Yugi mumbled even though she had tears welling up in her eyes.

"I won't tell anyone...If thats what you're worried about" Hiei said softly.

Yugi couldn't take it any more she'd been holding in her tears for too long it was time she cried and she didn't care what people said if they made fun of her she would kick their asses! So she swallowed her pride and buried her head in Hiei's chest and cried the tears that she had been longing to cry for so long. Hiei simply kept his arms around her in an attempt to make her feel better.

Thats all you get for I now I tried to keep Hiei as in character as I could but it was a challenge I'll tell you also Zuo belongs to me so you can't steal him got it! Anyway if you want the next chappie you'll have to review and tell me what you think kay? Matta ne ^_^

Konban wa minna!
Authoress here with another chappie for all my dedicated fans.
Anyway sorry for making Hi-kun so OOC I'll try to make him act more normal in this chappie.
So hope you enjoy this chapter. Hiei say the disclaimer kudasai...
Hiei: no...I refuse.
Why?
Hiei: You humiliated me in the last chapter I would never act that way!
You're a guy.
Hiei: What does that have to do with anything?
Men have urges that they can't control.
Hiei: Whatever...Sam doesn't own Yu Yu Hakusho but she does own Yugi Hoshi and Mrs. Mimori and any other characters unless stated otherwise.
Arigatou Hi-kun! Anywho enjoy the chappie!
Chapter 3: "A friend's friend from...the textbook?"
Yugi sat on the worn couch in Mrs. Mimori's bookstore reading a novel entitled The Odessey. It was an old book and she had already read it three times, but she just loved greek mythology and that's what this book was basically about. Hiei was sitting on a window sill behind her she didn't know why he liked sitting there so much but she chose not to ask.
"Oi Hiei, you want a book to read?" Yugi asked quietly not taking her eyes from the book.
"Hn" Hiei grunted.
'man of many words...' Yugi thought as she rolled her eyes. Suddenly, the door swung open and in walked in Mizumaru Shindou Yugi's best friend the only other person Yugi was close to. Mizumaru removed the wet rain coat and hung it on the rack on the wall by the door. Yugi looked up just in time to see Mizumaru's fist come in contact with her cheek.
"Nan da...?" Yugi groaned looking up into her attacker's green eyes that were almost covered by waterlogged chocolate bangs.
"How dare you decide to stay here and not tell me!" Mizumaru shouted as she continued to scold Yugi. Yugi sighed ever since Mizumaru had found about how Yugi was treated so badly by her parents or as Yugi called them parentally challenged ass-holes Mizumaru had been trying to keep constant observation of Yugi. Hiei watched this new choclate-haired teen hit and shout at Yugi.
"So Mizu-chan besides lecturing me what did you come for?" Yugi groaned rubbing her sore cheek Mizumaru jerked her thumb towards the door.
"Rain coats?...so it's raining you had to tell me that?" Yugi asked quirking an eyebrow.
"Yugi no baka! It's the person not the coat!" Mizumaru shouted pointing at the figure next to the door. The figure removed their coat revealing a red-headed teen with dazzling grass green eyes. " I know it's hard to believe but he came out of my mythology textbook! He's the spirit fox Kurama!" Mizumaru whispered to Yugi.
"Well, that guy over there on the window sill came out of a manga I was reading! His name is Hiei" Yugi said pointing at Hiei who was staring at the pair with little interest before looking back out the window.
"This is so wierd Yugi" Mizumaru said wiping her blue-tipped brown bangs out of her face. "Uh, Yugi I wanted to ask you something?" Mizumaru asked nervously.
" What is it Mizu-chan?" Yugi asked curiously.
"My parents are on vacation and I need a place to stay...could I stay here with you please?"
"Of course Mizu-chan."
"Arigatou Yu-chan!" Mizumaru chirped happily as she hugged Yugi. This was one of Yugi's biggest secrets cause most people thought of Yugi as a cold and mean bad-ass but in truth she only showed her real self to Mizumaru and Mrs. Mimori. Hiei now watched with interest as Yugi hesitantly returned the hug and she was actually smiling sweetly.
'baka shoujo-tachi' Hiei thought as he tried to ignore them.
One hour later...
Yugi and Mizumaru were both sitting on the couch in the bookstore Yugi was still reading her book and Mizumaru had begun reading a book of poetry by Emily Dickenson. At that moment Hiei and Kurama walked in but they were missing they're shirts. Yugi found herself drooling over Hiei's well built chest and she didn't notice until Mizumaru nudged her shoulder.
"Nani?" Yugi asked.
"You might want to wipe your mouth Ms. Drool alot" Mizumaru teased.
"Look whose talking" Yugi said as she wiped the drool from her mouth Mizumaru looked and saw that she had been drooling as well. "Uh, you two aren't going to do this all the time are you?" Yugi asked turning her attention to the two bishonens.
"No this is a one time thing since we put our shirts on the wet floor by accident..." Kurama informed the two blushing girls.
"Shoot" Yugi muttered.
"Nani?" Kurama asked.
"Nothing...really..." Yugi said putting her book in front of her face trying to hide the blush and Mizumaru followed suit.
"This is going to be a tough vacation..." Mizumaru groaned as she peeked over her book at kurama's muscled chest.
That's all you get for now so if you want the next chappie you'll have to review I hope I made Hiei act a little more original this time let me know. Oh and just to let you know Mizumaru is not my character she is my friend's character. Well any flames you people still have will be used at the Authoresses bar-b-Q. Matta ne

Konban wa minna-san gomen nasai!
I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while but I was in Beaver Island on vacation.
Anywho this chappie should be really good.For all of you that reviewed me thanks so much.Now Hiei say what I told you to say!

Hiei:No!

Say it!

Hiei:Fine...I love fuzzy little white bunnies and I don't hate Kuwabara...

Now was that so bad?

Hiei: Yes...

Good thats what you get for tricking me...

Hiei: Not like it's hard to do...

I heard that...

Hiei: Kuso!

Anyway here is the next chappie!

Chapter 5-"Lost things Found."

Hiei sat on the couch in the loft back at the bookstore. He was still deep in thought about the previous day he was so confused because of Yugi and he couldn't figure out why. They had sat in that tree in silence for what seemed like forever until Mizumaru and Kurama found them. He glanced over, Yugi was still sitting next to him her eyes glued to the book she had. Mizumaru and Kurama were sitting at the coffee table playing a game of chess.

'Why the hell do I feel this way?' Hiei cursed in his head.

"Hiei are you alright?" Yugi asked looking at him out of the corner of her eye.

"Yeah" Hiei sighed.

"C'mon..." Yugi instructed standing up Hiei followed suit and followed her down the stairs into the bookstore she stopped in front of a shelf. "Take a book..." she informed.

"Why?"

"Something to do..."

"Yugi, why do you just read books all day?"

Yugi stared at Hiei clearly suprised by the question. "Why this odd request?" Yugi asked curiously.

"Is it because you fear the real world?" Hiei asked no sooner had the words left his lips did a fist land on his cheek. He turned back to Yugi in shock and anger.

"I don't fear those stupid ningens! And don't ever think or say that ever again!" She growled angrily.

"Then why do you read all the time?" Hiei asked again.

"I guess it's cause I've been trying to figure out why all the stories have happy endings and yet life doesn't?" Yugi sighed forlornly hanging her head as she leaned against the book shelf.

"That's quite philishopical and mature for someone your age..."

"Tch. I had to mature when I was a kid in order to stay alive in this world...I didn't really have much of a childhood..." Yugi snickered. Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a young boy with spiked chesnut hair and lime green eyes. He stood there staring in shock at Yugi who stared right back.

"Z-zuo?"

There that's all you get for now sorry this chappie was so short but this is a great cliff hanger so Matta ne. Review me and tell me what you think.

Konnichiwa minna-san
Sorry the last chappie was so short this one might turn out to be short to I don't know yet. Anyway for those who reviewed thankies I needed the self-esteem boost.

Hiei:Yeah, you do need it...

Arigatou Hi-kun

Hiei: That was an insult...

How so?...

Hiei: You have some of the lowest self esteem I've ever seen...

Oh shut up...Please enjoy the fic.

Chapter 6- "Family Found and Walls Broken Down."

"Z-Zu-chan?" Yugi stuttered looking at the young man in shock. She thought her eyes were playing tricks on her she almost wished that they were so that the pain in her chest would stop growing. "It can't be...Zuo is it really you?"

"I knew you'd be here onee-san(big sister)!" The boy exclaimed as he darted forward and threw his arms around Yugi. Hiei stood there dumbfounded hadn't Yugi told him that her little brother had died?

"Zuo! I thought that you drowned in the river! It's been seven years where were you?" Yugi demanded nearly in tears.

"I did fall in the river sis but a fisherman saved me and took me home but I lost my memory I just got it back three days ago so I went to look for you...I'm sorry you must have been so worried about me" Zuo whimpered as he buried his face in her shirt as tears rolled down his cheeks. Yugi stood still in shock for a moment or two before she wrapped her arms around the balling boy and hugged him close.

"It's okay Zuo it wasn't your fault...sshhhh" Yugi cooed softly to the boy as she rested her chin on his head. Mizumaru having heard all the commotion came down the stairs to investigate and froze at seeing the boy in Yugi's arms.

"Yugi is that?..." She whispered in disbelief as she pointed to the boy who just stared back in confusion.

"It's Zuo he's back Mizu-chan!" Yugi announced happily a huge smile spread across her lips it was the happiest Mizumaru had ever seen Yugi since she had met her. Mizumaru slowly stepped up next to the boy who clutched his sister tightly afraid of these two people in the room.

"Well I'll be damned it really is him!" Mizumaru said happily as she smiled sweetly at the boy. Zuo cringded back slightly still uncomfortable around her.

"It's alright Zu-chan she's my friend Mizu-chan she won't hurt you..." Yugi said softly as she coaxed her brother to let go of her. He did so very reluctantly and stood in front of Mizumaru his posture rigid from trying not to shiver.

"You don't have to be afraid of me Zuo I won't hurt you I promise...aren't you a cute little boy!" Mizumaru chirped as she pinched his cheek he smacked the hand away.

"I'm not little I'm 12!" Zuo growled but just as he was getting more confident Kurama came down the stairs and he retreated to the safety of his sister's side.

"Whose the boy?" Kurama asked.

"It's Yugi's little brother Zuo!" Mizumaru said proudly holding back the urge to start cheering and dancing.

"But didn't you tell me he drowned in the river?" Kurama asked turning to Yugi.

"He did fall in the river but he only lost his memory now it's back and so is he!" Yugi shouted happily and began spinning Zuo around suprising him and everyone else especially Hiei who had rarely seen Yugi smile. Mizumaru could no longer hold it in and began dancing around happily with Yugi and the still suprised Zuo.

"He really is Yugi-san's twin the resemblence is striking if he had longer hair it'd be pretty hard to tell them apart..." Kurama explained sending a glance at Hiei who meerly rolled his eyes.

"They're acting like idiots dancing around like that..." Hiei sighed.

"Well if you thought you lost someone important wouldn't you be happy to see them again?" Kurama asked curiously.

"Hn." Hiei grunted looking toward the still open door which was letting the rain pour in from outside. His gaze shifted back to Yugi, Mizumaru and Zuo who were still spinning around happily and cheering. "Maybe I would? but I don't have anyone like that...not yet anyway..." Hiei more to himself than anyone else.

That is all you get for now so review and tell me what you think are you happy that I brought Zuo back? Was that a unexpected twist? Anywho plz tell me what you think of it...Sorry that this one was reallyshort to but I'm getting writer's block alot. Matta ne ^_~

Konnichiwa minna! Sorry I haven't updated lately but I've been really busy lately with school orientation and everything. So here is the next chappie. Hiei disclaimer please...

Hiei: She doesn't own Yu Yu Hakusho and Mizumaru but she owns Yugi, Zuo, and Mrs. Mimori...and I'm not enjoying this...

Oh be quiet you're getting sweet snow for this remember...

Hiei: It's almost not worth it...

Anyway here is the chappie.

Chapter 7- "Behind the mask"

It was the morning after Zuo had returned and Yugi and Mizumaru had spent most of the night dancing around happily until the early hours of the morning when everyone had decided to fall asleep on the couch and on the floors and various other places in the room. Kurama had fallen asleep on the couch his head on his arms which were resting against the arm of the couch. Mizumaru was laying on the couch her head in his lap. Hiei was perched in the windowsill his arms crossed over his chest and leaning against the glass of the window. Yugi was sprawled out on the floor her hand cluthching the wrist of Zuo who was using her stomach as a make-shift pillow and gripping the fabric of Yugi's t-shirt with his free hand. They were all sleeping peacefully except Hiei who had woken up from the sunlight coming through the window.

He let out a groan as he tried in vain to shield his eyes from the sun and go back to sleep. After about ten minutes he gave up and hopped off the window sill and stretched out his muscles. He took a few steps and kneeled next to Yugi's sleeping face examining it carefully. She really looked like an angel when she slept a small smile on her lips, she was adorable.

'what the hell am I thinking?!...adorable?' Hiei's mind shouted as he shook his head to clear away the thoughts.

"Hiei..." Yugi moaned softly still asleep Hiei listened closely for more "nice...ass..." she finished. Hiei almost did his first anime fall then ALMOST but controlled himself since he would have fallen on Yugi. Instead he settled for a sweatdrop.

"That's some audasity she's got..." Hiei sighed as he shook his head. Suddenly, the phone rang causing Yugi to jolt upright causing her to knock her forehead against Hiei's.

"Itaiiiiiiii..." Yugi groaned holding her injured head as she voiced her pain. Zuo was also awakened because Yugi sitting up caused his head to hit the floor with a Thump he slowly sat up looking around sleepily. The noise caused Mizumaru to wake up who tried sit up but bumped Kurama's elbow causing it to slide out from under him which in turn caused him to hit his chin on the arm of the couch.

"That's quite a chain reaction..." Zuo groaned as he rubbed the back of his head. Yugi stood up and ran over to the phone picking it up just before the third ring.

"Hello..." Yugi groaned just wanting to go back to sleep cause she had been having a really good dream.

"Hello, is this Yugi-chan? It's Mrs. Mimori..."

"Mimori-san! Oh Ohayo! Genki desu ka?" Yugi greeted her with a 'good morning' asking how she was.

"I'm fine Yugi-chan...thank you for asking...how are things at the store?"

"Oh, there great!...n-not a problem here!"

"Oh well thats good just calling to check in well I better go...ja ne Yugi-chan..."

"Matta ne Mimori-san..." Yugi said goodbye before hanging up she felt bad about lying to Mrs. Mimori but it wasn't a total lie things were going well so far. Yugi sighed as she flopped on the couch next to Mizumaru.

"So Mrs. Mimori is in England, ne Yugi-chan?" Mizumaru asked after not getting a response she looked over to see that Yugi had fallen asleep her head hanging from the back of the couch. "Yugi no baka!!" Mizumaru shouted angrily calling her an idiot as she flipped the rest of Yugi over the couch.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!!" Yugi shouted as she bolted upright glaring down at Mizumaru "I was trying to sleep!!" Yugi continued to shout angrily.

"Baka shoujo..." Hiei sighed leaning against a book case. What he didn't know was that Yugi understood him and glared at him at calling her a stupid girl.

*Three hours later*

The gang was in the backyard Hiei was sitting in the large oak tree watching everyone. Yugi was under him reading a book under the tree as usual. Zuo, Kurama, and Mizumaru were playing some silly game Zuo had made up where apparently you would throw water balloons at the other people and certain parts of the body were worth points.

"Oi, onee-chan come play with us!" Zuo said tugging on his sisters black tank top.

"Sure Zu-chan!" Yugi chirped happily as she dropped her book and ran into the game.

' Her brother really does cause a change in her attitude...' Hiei thought as he watched them throw water balloons at each other until they were completely soaked. ' Baka tachi...' he mentally sighed calling them idiots suddenly a water balloon hit him smack in the face soaking him and making him very pissed off he looked down at the attacker. It was of course Yugi who was wearing a stupid grin on her face as she laughed at him. ' A really big change in her attitude...' he growled as he jumped down from the tree and charged at her knocking her to the ground they rolled around on the grass Yugi was laughing the whole time and Hiei was very pissed the whole time. Mizumaru and Kurama were both laughing as they watched the pair Zuo was also laughing so hard he couldn't even stand anymore.

Finally, Hiei was able to pin Yugi under him still she was laughing at him, but she stopped and stared up at Hiei her lime green eyes shining in the sunlight. Her chesnut bangs were sticking to her face from the water she was so...beautiful. Hiei now realized the truth he had fallen in love with Yugi, he slowly began closing the space between their faces until...

That's all you get for now review me if you want to know the rest do they kiss or not? Find out Matta ne. ^_~

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Konban wa! I'm here with another chappie for all of my readers thank you all so much *sniffle,sniffle* your reviews meant so much really they did! So I wanted to list their names...
Thank you:
Yuki Yuri
Icefire 2
StupidKitten
akuavari
The Go Cows MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To all of you thank you soooo much so here is the next chapter I hope you like it.

Chapter 2- "Scares, screams and...peeping toms?"

Re-cap: "Yugi had just opened a manga called Yu Yu Hakusho and a light filled the room when it went away there was some guy lying in her lap and he appeared to be unconscious lets see how this turns out...."

Yugi sat there in shock for a few moments before her brain began functioning again, she stared at the man in her lap she gently lifted his head and set it on the couch before she sank to the floor. She began to study some of the features of the man. He had spikey raven hair with a strange white starburst, he was wearing a black tank top with black pants and four white belts, and black shoes.

"He looks like a goth..." Yugi said observing his dark clothes a groan from the man sent her shooting back to the wall on the opposite side of the room. "How the hell did he get here?" she cursed quietly. After regaining her confidence she crawled back over to the couch where the man layed. She began poking him in the temple with the pencil she always kept behind her ear "Oi! you alive?" she asked as she continued her poking.

"Will you quit fuckin' pokin' me!" the man shouted angrily as he shot upright Yugi shrieked in suprise. The man looked at her confused "where the hell am I?" he demanded.

"I think the question is where the hell did you come from?" Yugi shouted right back in the man's face. The man simply stared at her for a few seconds he was mezmerized by her lime green eyes he had never eyes like hers. He was brought back to reality when the girl began waving her hand in front of his face.

"Oi, oi, oi..." the girl continued this until he grabbed her hand to get her to stop.

"Cut it out..." he said calmly as he released her hand.

"My name is Hiei..." the man now known as Hiei said quietly Yugi nodded to show she understood.

"My name is Yugi...Yugi Hoshi" she said staring at him cautiously as if he was going to attack her Yugi was not the most trusting person on the planet she was always parinoid of new people once she got to know people she was more comfortable around them. Well that really only counted with Mrs. Mimori.

"So you don't know how I got here?" Hiei asked.

Now Yugi wanted to say yes but then she would have to explain about the book and then he would think that she was crazy and would most likely not believe her. However, Yugi had already said that she wanted to know where he came from so she couldn't take it back so she no choice but to tell him about what happened with the book.

"Well, you appeared here after I opened that book..." she said pointing at the manga on the floor she had thrown when Hiei had appeared in her lap. Hiei stood up off the couch and walked over to the book and gently picked it up flipping through the pages.

"Theres nothing in it...no words or pictures or anything..." Hiei said holding the book out to Yugi she grabbed and flipped through the pages he was right! There weren't any words in the book nor were there any pictures which was strange since that was what made up mangas as far as she knew she couldn't imagine that this was a new fad.

"Nani? even the weird introduction is gone!" Yugi shouted in suprise how could this be true it had been there a minute ago could ink just disappear into the paper.

"So, how do I get home? where ever that is..." Hiei asked sitting back down on the couch as he held his head in his hands in defeat. Yugi felt bad for him it was one thing to hate your family like she did but at least she knew who they were he didn't even know who or where they were. She sat down beside him and put her hand over his this was the most she could do to comfort someone since she didn't really touching people.

"If it helps any the book said if I turned the page it would send me a lover someone to help me...isn't that really weird?" Yugi laughed trying to cheer him up. His head snapped up at that comment.

"It said that?" he said in shock staring at her intensly.

"Y-yeah...weird,ne?" she stuttered feeling slightly nervous from him staring at her so intensly. It was then she noticed his eyes, they were the most beautiful wine red she's ever seen she was captivated by them. Now if she had been paying attention she would have noticed that their faces were inching closer and closer till their noses were touching. It was at that moment that the bell on the door downstairs rang telling them that there was a customer this caused Yugi to snap back to reality. "O-oh a-a custom-mer...I-I'd better go help them..." Yugi stuttered before running back downstairs if she had stayed a little longer she would have seen the disappointed look on Hiei's face.

Yugi arrived at the bottom of the stairs and just as she turned to face the customer she was hit in the face with a waterballoon. She spit out some of the liquid in her mouth at first she had thought she had been drenched with water from the balloon but in truth she was now covered with honey. She wiped some of the sticky goo from her face and glared at the person who had thrown it, it was the boy she had scared the life out of earlier that day and he was in a laughing fit. Hiei came down the stairs to see a honey covered Yugi and some boy rolling on the floor with laughter and if glares could kill well lets just say that with Yugi's glare the kid would be a lot deeper than that.

Hiei could tell that Yugi was upset and for some reason that made him upset too. Suddenly, before Hiei could blink Yugi had the boy pinned against the closed door. Yugi smirked at the boy in a way that made the boy's blood run cold.

"You really didn't think this through did you?...there is no one here to save you"

"There is the manager of the store..."

"Yer lookin' at 'er" Yugi sneered at that moment the boy's facade became one of total fear.

"What are you going to do?"

"Exactly what you did to my favorite book..." Yugi said taking a lighter out of her pocket and in one swift movement lit the boy's hair on fire opened the door and threw him out onto the side walk.

"Now leave me the fuck alone!" she shouted as she slammed the door shut she turned to face Hiei and quickly turned her gaze to the floor. "I look like an idiot don't I?" Yugi said forlornly.

"No." Yugi looked up at Hiei to see he was being serious and she couldn't help but smile and not a smirk smile or a fake smile a true smile.

"Well, thanks Hiei...well I'm gonna go take a bath" Yugi said as she ran back up the stairs and down in a second now holding a towel and some new clothes. She jogged to the back door and swung it open she quickly went down the stone path to the little bath house. Mrs. Mirmori had chose to get this instead of a bathtub why she did Yugi would never know but she really didn't care anyway. She ran inside and quickly removed her clothes and jumped into the large bathtub that was the size of a small pool. The hot water felt really good and helped so that it only took a few minutes to wash off all of the honey. After she was done washing she just decided to sit in the tub for a little bit.

Suddenly, she heard the floor boards creak from outside one of the walls.

With Hiei,
Hiei was peeking through a hole in the wall of the bath house he knew that this was wrong but he just couldn't stop himself. At that moment someone slammed him over the head with what felt like a bucket he looked up to see Yugi glaring down at him.

"See somethin' ya like in there Hiei?...YOU FUCKIN' PEEPING TOM!" Yugi shouted.

"Uh...h-hi Yu-Yugi I uh was uh well um hehehe....I'm dead aren't I?"

"yup, so start runnin'..." Yugi said with a smirk.

Well thats all you get for now I hope you liked it and if you want more than you'll have to review I think this story is developing well tell me what you think and I'll start working on the next chappie. Matta ne!

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Konnichiwa sorry I haven't updated in a while I was really busy and then went on vacation. But this chapter should be really good hope you like it.

Hiei: Sam, aren't you forgeting something?

Oh yeah arigatou Hiei for reminding me Hi-chan! For the reviewer who asked Hiei and Kurama don't know each other in this fic. Gomen nasai, but they still get along. I don't own either of them.T_T

Hiei: HA! You had to say the disclaimer instead of me!

Then you'll have to say something embarrasing later...

Hiei:>.< Kuso!

Chapter 4: "Shopping, Ice cream...and preps! Oh crap!"

It was a nice and sunny day and there wasn't a cloud in the sky now normally this would make people happy, but Yugi prefered darkness because the sunlight always seemed to hurt her sensitive eyes and whenever she did go outside she had her trusty sunglasses. Unfortunetly, Mizumaru forced Yugi to lend them to Hiei for the day so this made their walk to the mall very uncomfortable.

"Mizu-chan, why did I have to give Hiei-kun my glasses?" Yugi whined for the 100th time. At this point Mizumaru wanted to rip her ears off of her head to escape the annoying pleas from Yugi.

"I told you Yugi, people aren't very accustomed to seeing a person with red eyes..." Mizumaru said through gritted teeth as she rubbed her temple in frustration.

"...well, my eyes aren't very accustomed to light..." Yugi growled under her breath sending a glare Mizumaru's way with enough power to kill any other person.

"Yeah, yeah...Kodomo no yami...but your eyes are a ordinary color..." Mizumaru teased poking Yugi in the shoulder as she recieved a threatining growl in return.

"Actually, Yugi's eyes are a strange shade of green..." Kurama stated observing Yugi's eyes.

"That's from staying in the dark all the time..." Mizumaru teased.

"Will you shut up already!" Yugi shouted angrily as she threw a punch right at Mizumaru's cheek sending her back a couple of inches. Mizumaru rubbed her cheek before throwing a punch at Yugi and hitting her in the cheek as well Yugi wiped the thin trail of blood away from her chin. "Heh, you're getting better Mizu-chan" Yugi smirked.

"I've got a great teacher, Yugi-sensei" Mizumaru sneered. Mizumaru and Yugi had always enjoyed street fighting and so they practiced together all the time, they were both very good but Yugi was still a little better than Mizumaru. Mizumaru and Yugi stared at each other for a few moments before they both broke out laughing. Hiei and Kurama just stared in confusion at the pair of crazed girls.

"One minute their throwing punches and the next their laughing...*sigh* I've had enough..." Hiei sighed continuing down the side walk. Yugi and Mizumaru finally stopped laughing and wiped the tears from their eyes.

"Oi Hiei!" Yugi called.

"Nani?" He growled.

"You're goin' the wrong way the mall is this way!" Yugi said pointing down the street next to her and Mizumaru.

"Hn." Hiei grunted turning around and walking next to the girls acting as if he had known it was this way the whole time. Yugi muffled a laugh at seeing Hiei embarressed.

It was a few more minutes before they finally reached the mall. They walked to the doors and quickly walked inside. The group had been shopping and going into various stores for about an hour until Mizumaru suggested a trip to the ice cream shop which Yugi and Hiei happily agreed to. They had just arrived at the ice cream shop and they were just about to get in line when a group got in their way.

"Just a moment...Luggi-chan" A girl with bright orange hair and black streaks announced pointing at Yugi. Yugi growled angrily this was not what she needed right now.

"What do you want Kaoru? Ya fuckin' bitch!" Yugi growled glaring daggers at the girl.

"You know what very well what I want...You beat up my big brother...and now I'll beat you up!" Kaoru shouted angrily.

"First off...your brother tried to beat me up...and second if he couldn't beat me up then what makes you think that you could beat me up..." Yugi sighed rubbing her temple just looking at the girl gave Yugi a major headache.

"Whose is this Kaoru?" Kurama asked nudging Mizumaru.

"Well, lets just say that her and Yugi have never seen eye to eye...the girl is punk poser and prep and constantly picks fights with Yugi even though she never wins the girl has definitely taken a few to many blows to the head" Mizumaru said crossing her arms over chest as she let out a sigh.

"Look Kaoru, I don't have time for this today I just want to get ice cream with my friends so go away..." Yugi said pushing past the girl.

"You're probably just scared that you'll end up killing me like you did your little brother!" Kaoru sneered putting her hands on her hips. Yugi froze in her tracks and faster than someone could say 'Peter's Pickeled Piper Pizza' five times fast Kaoru was on the floor with blood coming out of her nose and her lip bleeding. Yugi was standing with her back to her.

"Don't ever talk about my brother!" Yugi growled over her shoulder Kaoru quickly jumped up and ran out with the group of her wanabes.

"Exuse me miss I'm going to have to ask you to leave..." A middle aged man in a security uniform said tapping Yugi on her shoulder. Without saying anything Yugi took off running out the door of the mall.

"Whats the deal with her brother?" Kurama asked curiously.

"I don't feel comfortable telling you if you want to know go ask Yugi yourself..." Mizumaru said sounding slightly sad. "Hey, where is Hiei?"

"Lets go find him..." Kurama but Mizumaru stopped him.

"Lets get some ice cream first" Mizumaru said pulling him to the counter.

With Yugi...............

Yugi sat on the branch of an oak tree in the park just outside of the mall. She was hugging her knees to her chest and had her face buried in them.

' I won't cry I promised my brother I wouldn't cry' Yugi thought as she held back a sniffle. She suddenly became aware of the fact that someone was sitting next to her. "Go away Mizu-chan..." Yugi mumbled.

"That's not my name..."

Yugi looked up to see Hiei sitting there next to her "H-Hiei what are you-?" Yugi stopped mid-sentence as Hiei embraced her in his arms. Hiei wasn't sure if this would help but when he'd seen Mizumaru hug Yugi before it had seemed to make her feel better.

"Do you want to talk about your brother?" Hiei asked as he tightened his hold on her. Yugi nodded she had never told anyone but Mizumaru but Hiei had a right to know too.

"It happened seven years ago....."

Flashback......................................... ..................................

Yugi sat on the old worn carpet in her living room she was playing with a little boy with chesnut brown hair and lime green eyes they were happily stacking blocks. Their parents were sitting on the couch with their grandma watching the pair.

"Their such a cute pair of twins!" Their grandma squeled as she tucked a strand of her curly red hair behind her ear.

"Cute? Mother how can you be so stupid these children are children of Satin just look at their eyes!" The father shouted hauling Yugi in the air by her arm.

"Itai! Outou-san dat hurts wet go!" Yugi cried. The man snorted and threw her back down to the floor Yugi whimpered as she clutched her dislocated shoulder. Her little brother Zuo crawled over to her hugging her hoping it would make his sister feel better.

"How can you say that about your own children!" The grandmother gasped as she kneeled next to Yugi and Zuo.

"Easy! and now we're undoing our mistake..." The father said grabbing Yugi and Zuo and tossing them out the door and into the rain outside and them slammed the door shut. Yugi and Zuo stared at the door waiting for it to open again when it never did they began walking away. They had been walking for about ten minutes when they came to the bridge but as they were crossing their father showed up behing them and he had a gun in his hand. Zuo and Yugi backed up but Zuo went to far and slipped over the edge Yugi barely had time to catch him. She held onto his tiny hand as hard as she could.

"Sis' dow' wet me fa' peas'..." Zuo whined to his sister his eyes full of tears. Suddenly, a searing pain tore through Yugi's shoulder her father had shot a bullet through her shoulder Yugi hissed in pain but refused to let of her brothers hand go. Her father kneeled down and pointed his gun at her forearm and fired another shot this time the pain was too great and Yugi let her brother's hand slip she watched in horror as her little brother disappeared into the swirling rapids below the bridge.

"Zu-chan!!!" Yugi cried in anugish as tears began to fall down her cheeks. She sat up and saw that her father was gone she knew that he would torture her more before he would let her die. She held he knees to her chest and buried her face in them as she cried tears of sorrow for her lost brother the once clean brigde now covered in her blood.

End Flashback......................................... .............................

Yugi once again tried to hold back a sniffle "Thats how I lost my brother..." Yugi whispered.

"You can cry if you want to..." Hiei said hesitantly he wasn't sure if he was helping but he was trying his best.

"I don't need to cry..." Yugi mumbled even though she had tears welling up in her eyes.

"I won't tell anyone...If thats what you're worried about" Hiei said softly.

Yugi couldn't take it any more she'd been holding in her tears for too long it was time she cried and she didn't care what people said if they made fun of her she would kick their asses! So she swallowed her pride and buried her head in Hiei's chest and cried the tears that she had been longing to cry for so long. Hiei simply kept his arms around her in an attempt to make her feel better.

Thats all you get for I now I tried to keep Hiei as in character as I could but it was a challenge I'll tell you also Zuo belongs to me so you can't steal him got it! Anyway if you want the next chappie you'll have to review and tell me what you think kay? Matta ne ^_^

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Konban wa minna!
Authoress here with another chappie for all my dedicated fans.
Anyway sorry for making Hi-kun so OOC I'll try to make him act more normal in this chappie.
So hope you enjoy this chapter. Hiei say the disclaimer kudasai...
Hiei: no...I refuse.
Why?
Hiei: You humiliated me in the last chapter I would never act that way!
You're a guy.
Hiei: What does that have to do with anything?
Men have urges that they can't control.
Hiei: Whatever...Sam doesn't own Yu Yu Hakusho but she does own Yugi Hoshi and Mrs. Mimori and any other characters unless stated otherwise.
Arigatou Hi-kun! Anywho enjoy the chappie!
Chapter 3: "A friend's friend from...the textbook?"
Yugi sat on the worn couch in Mrs. Mimori's bookstore reading a novel entitled The Odessey. It was an old book and she had already read it three times, but she just loved greek mythology and that's what this book was basically about. Hiei was sitting on a window sill behind her she didn't know why he liked sitting there so much but she chose not to ask.
"Oi Hiei, you want a book to read?" Yugi asked quietly not taking her eyes from the book.
"Hn" Hiei grunted.
'man of many words...' Yugi thought as she rolled her eyes. Suddenly, the door swung open and in walked in Mizumaru Shindou Yugi's best friend the only other person Yugi was close to. Mizumaru removed the wet rain coat and hung it on the rack on the wall by the door. Yugi looked up just in time to see Mizumaru's fist come in contact with her cheek.
"Nan da...?" Yugi groaned looking up into her attacker's green eyes that were almost covered by waterlogged chocolate bangs.
"How dare you decide to stay here and not tell me!" Mizumaru shouted as she continued to scold Yugi. Yugi sighed ever since Mizumaru had found about how Yugi was treated so badly by her parents or as Yugi called them parentally challenged ass-holes Mizumaru had been trying to keep constant observation of Yugi. Hiei watched this new choclate-haired teen hit and shout at Yugi.
"So Mizu-chan besides lecturing me what did you come for?" Yugi groaned rubbing her sore cheek Mizumaru jerked her thumb towards the door.
"Rain coats?...so it's raining you had to tell me that?" Yugi asked quirking an eyebrow.
"Yugi no baka! It's the person not the coat!" Mizumaru shouted pointing at the figure next to the door. The figure removed their coat revealing a red-headed teen with dazzling grass green eyes. " I know it's hard to believe but he came out of my mythology textbook! He's the spirit fox Kurama!" Mizumaru whispered to Yugi.
"Well, that guy over there on the window sill came out of a manga I was reading! His name is Hiei" Yugi said pointing at Hiei who was staring at the pair with little interest before looking back out the window.
"This is so wierd Yugi" Mizumaru said wiping her blue-tipped brown bangs out of her face. "Uh, Yugi I wanted to ask you something?" Mizumaru asked nervously.
" What is it Mizu-chan?" Yugi asked curiously.
"My parents are on vacation and I need a place to stay...could I stay here with you please?"
"Of course Mizu-chan."
"Arigatou Yu-chan!" Mizumaru chirped happily as she hugged Yugi. This was one of Yugi's biggest secrets cause most people thought of Yugi as a cold and mean bad-ass but in truth she only showed her real self to Mizumaru and Mrs. Mimori. Hiei now watched with interest as Yugi hesitantly returned the hug and she was actually smiling sweetly.
'baka shoujo-tachi' Hiei thought as he tried to ignore them.
One hour later...
Yugi and Mizumaru were both sitting on the couch in the bookstore Yugi was still reading her book and Mizumaru had begun reading a book of poetry by Emily Dickenson. At that moment Hiei and Kurama walked in but they were missing they're shirts. Yugi found herself drooling over Hiei's well built chest and she didn't notice until Mizumaru nudged her shoulder.
"Nani?" Yugi asked.
"You might want to wipe your mouth Ms. Drool alot" Mizumaru teased.
"Look whose talking" Yugi said as she wiped the drool from her mouth Mizumaru looked and saw that she had been drooling as well. "Uh, you two aren't going to do this all the time are you?" Yugi asked turning her attention to the two bishonens.
"No this is a one time thing since we put our shirts on the wet floor by accident..." Kurama informed the two blushing girls.
"Shoot" Yugi muttered.
"Nani?" Kurama asked.
"Nothing...really..." Yugi said putting her book in front of her face trying to hide the blush and Mizumaru followed suit.
"This is going to be a tough vacation..." Mizumaru groaned as she peeked over her book at kurama's muscled chest.
That's all you get for now so if you want the next chappie you'll have to review I hope I made Hiei act a little more original this time let me know. Oh and just to let you know Mizumaru is not my character she is my friend's character. Well any flames you people still have will be used at the Authoresses bar-b-Q. Matta ne

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Konban wa minna-san gomen nasai!
I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while but I was in Beaver Island on vacation.
Anywho this chappie should be really good.For all of you that reviewed me thanks so much.Now Hiei say what I told you to say!

Hiei:No!

Say it!

Hiei:Fine...I love fuzzy little white bunnies and I don't hate Kuwabara...

Now was that so bad?

Hiei: Yes...

Good thats what you get for tricking me...

Hiei: Not like it's hard to do...

I heard that...

Hiei: Kuso!

Anyway here is the next chappie!

Chapter 5-"Lost things Found."

Hiei sat on the couch in the loft back at the bookstore. He was still deep in thought about the previous day he was so confused because of Yugi and he couldn't figure out why. They had sat in that tree in silence for what seemed like forever until Mizumaru and Kurama found them. He glanced over, Yugi was still sitting next to him her eyes glued to the book she had. Mizumaru and Kurama were sitting at the coffee table playing a game of chess.

'Why the hell do I feel this way?' Hiei cursed in his head.

"Hiei are you alright?" Yugi asked looking at him out of the corner of her eye.

"Yeah" Hiei sighed.

"C'mon..." Yugi instructed standing up Hiei followed suit and followed her down the stairs into the bookstore she stopped in front of a shelf. "Take a book..." she informed.

"Why?"

"Something to do..."

"Yugi, why do you just read books all day?"

Yugi stared at Hiei clearly suprised by the question. "Why this odd request?" Yugi asked curiously.

"Is it because you fear the real world?" Hiei asked no sooner had the words left his lips did a fist land on his cheek. He turned back to Yugi in shock and anger.

"I don't fear those stupid ningens! And don't ever think or say that ever again!" She growled angrily.

"Then why do you read all the time?" Hiei asked again.

"I guess it's cause I've been trying to figure out why all the stories have happy endings and yet life doesn't?" Yugi sighed forlornly hanging her head as she leaned against the book shelf.

"That's quite philishopical and mature for someone your age..."

"Tch. I had to mature when I was a kid in order to stay alive in this world...I didn't really have much of a childhood..." Yugi snickered. Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a young boy with spiked chesnut hair and lime green eyes. He stood there staring in shock at Yugi who stared right back.

"Z-zuo?"

There that's all you get for now sorry this chappie was so short but this is a great cliff hanger so Matta ne. Review me and tell me what you think.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Konnichiwa minna-san
Sorry the last chappie was so short this one might turn out to be short to I don't know yet. Anyway for those who reviewed thankies I needed the self-esteem boost.

Hiei:Yeah, you do need it...

Arigatou Hi-kun

Hiei: That was an insult...

How so?...

Hiei: You have some of the lowest self esteem I've ever seen...

Oh shut up...Please enjoy the fic.

Chapter 6- "Family Found and Walls Broken Down."

"Z-Zu-chan?" Yugi stuttered looking at the young man in shock. She thought her eyes were playing tricks on her she almost wished that they were so that the pain in her chest would stop growing. "It can't be...Zuo is it really you?"

"I knew you'd be here onee-san(big sister)!" The boy exclaimed as he darted forward and threw his arms around Yugi. Hiei stood there dumbfounded hadn't Yugi told him that her little brother had died?

"Zuo! I thought that you drowned in the river! It's been seven years where were you?" Yugi demanded nearly in tears.

"I did fall in the river sis but a fisherman saved me and took me home but I lost my memory I just got it back three days ago so I went to look for you...I'm sorry you must have been so worried about me" Zuo whimpered as he buried his face in her shirt as tears rolled down his cheeks. Yugi stood still in shock for a moment or two before she wrapped her arms around the balling boy and hugged him close.

"It's okay Zuo it wasn't your fault...sshhhh" Yugi cooed softly to the boy as she rested her chin on his head. Mizumaru having heard all the commotion came down the stairs to investigate and froze at seeing the boy in Yugi's arms.

"Yugi is that?..." She whispered in disbelief as she pointed to the boy who just stared back in confusion.

"It's Zuo he's back Mizu-chan!" Yugi announced happily a huge smile spread across her lips it was the happiest Mizumaru had ever seen Yugi since she had met her. Mizumaru slowly stepped up next to the boy who clutched his sister tightly afraid of these two people in the room.

"Well I'll be damned it really is him!" Mizumaru said happily as she smiled sweetly at the boy. Zuo cringded back slightly still uncomfortable around her.

"It's alright Zu-chan she's my friend Mizu-chan she won't hurt you..." Yugi said softly as she coaxed her brother to let go of her. He did so very reluctantly and stood in front of Mizumaru his posture rigid from trying not to shiver.

"You don't have to be afraid of me Zuo I won't hurt you I promise...aren't you a cute little boy!" Mizumaru chirped as she pinched his cheek he smacked the hand away.

"I'm not little I'm 12!" Zuo growled but just as he was getting more confident Kurama came down the stairs and he retreated to the safety of his sister's side.

"Whose the boy?" Kurama asked.

"It's Yugi's little brother Zuo!" Mizumaru said proudly holding back the urge to start cheering and dancing.

"But didn't you tell me he drowned in the river?" Kurama asked turning to Yugi.

"He did fall in the river but he only lost his memory now it's back and so is he!" Yugi shouted happily and began spinning Zuo around suprising him and everyone else especially Hiei who had rarely seen Yugi smile. Mizumaru could no longer hold it in and began dancing around happily with Yugi and the still suprised Zuo.

"He really is Yugi-san's twin the resemblence is striking if he had longer hair it'd be pretty hard to tell them apart..." Kurama explained sending a glance at Hiei who meerly rolled his eyes.

"They're acting like idiots dancing around like that..." Hiei sighed.

"Well if you thought you lost someone important wouldn't you be happy to see them again?" Kurama asked curiously.

"Hn." Hiei grunted looking toward the still open door which was letting the rain pour in from outside. His gaze shifted back to Yugi, Mizumaru and Zuo who were still spinning around happily and cheering. "Maybe I would? but I don't have anyone like that...not yet anyway..." Hiei more to himself than anyone else.

That is all you get for now so review and tell me what you think are you happy that I brought Zuo back? Was that a unexpected twist? Anywho plz tell me what you think of it...Sorry that this one was reallyshort to but I'm getting writer's block alot. Matta ne ^_~