Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 AM

Sangmin watched Sungbae as she went through her myriad of emotions- each one playing on her features. First blushing, then deeper blushing, then the quick fade and face cover. It amused him. He drank his coffee, waiting for the waiter to make his way over to them so he could get another cup of coffee for Sungbae. He let the girl mull over things in her head. It gave him time to eat his soup and he did so with gusto and great pleasure. As always, he saved the plump little dumplings for last- they were his favorite part after all.

He always saved the best things for last.

He ate one of the dumpling, almost choking as Sungbae sniped out, "And what makes you think I want your friendship?" He managed to chew and swallow, suppressing a laugh that had caught his throat- however, the impish grin on his face could not be hidden. Yes, he did want to be her friend- who else could match him barb for sharp, wicked barb? He smiled, setting his bowl down, there were two dumplings left in it, he speared one with his salad fork.

He pointed the dumpling at her as he spoke, "Because you don't care. Because you don't need anyone else to entertain you. Because you have your world and your life and your work. Because of everyone in here, you're the most interesting. Aigoo*, out of everyone I see around you're one of the most interesting. Except maybe the creepy little man who run this place- but I'm not sure that he's interesting in a good way- maybe an empty and superficial way." He bit into the dumpling, chewing on half of it for a moment. He swallowed, a thoughtful look dancing over his features, "And because you don't need anyone to lead you around. You wanted your pastry, so you got up to get it. You didn't rely on someone else to do it. I like that. Also- you have a sharp tongue and you don't find mine completely and horribly offensive."

He ate the second half of the dumpling, pushing the bowl toward Sungbae with a nod, indicating she could have it if she wanted. He politely swallowed before speaking again. "I'll warn you up front. I am blunt, a bit harsh- though I prefer flippant, I tend to be fickle, unforgiving and easily bored. However, for my friends and my family, I will walk through fire and ice." He poked at his apple and gorgonzola salad, suddenly uninterested in the remains after the delicious dumplings. He turned the attention of his fork to his tart- trying to figure out what flavor it was today. "I'm too pretty for my own good and I have used my looks to make money. Despite that, I am hard working and focused on my goals. I went to college and I have an art degree. I like to think I'm smart, but I know I'm not at the top of any particular intellectual heap. I used to act as well as model, so I watch people and try to learn about them. It's a habit I got from my father- we used to play games reading people on the street." Taking a bite of his tart he intones a hmm as he taps his fork on his lips, thinking about what else he can say about himself. He smirks, "While I may be harsh on others, I don't mind turning the deprecation on myself. I like to think I've got a fairly realistic view of myself and the world in general."

He pauses, "Also, I tend to ramble on and on when given the chance." Clearing his throat with a Gallic shrug, he finally adds, "And that is why you should be my friend as well as why I want to be yours. If you're uninterested, I shall pay for your pastry and coffee as promised and traipse off to pester some other unfortunate soul milling about the café. Well, maybe not traipse per say..."

((OOC: Aigoo- geez, dang, basic exclamation to express frustration or exhaustion))

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 10-22-2009, 08:49 PM

"Oh how nice of them..." Soyeon nodded, and figured she could write this all down later. She raised an eyebrow as he talked, 'I'm not really surprised at the this information'

She tipped her head to the side as his voice raised, and his enthusiasm increased. "O-Of course. Mr...umm Hyunsu."

Though it was sorta like they were business. After all she bought things at his cafe. She could continually think about his statement of them being friends, but ended up deciding to shrug it off.
"Oh..I'm fine! Really! I'm alright. Though I wouldn't mind some chocolate chip raspberry cookies." She smiled at him, and then he told her he would be back in a minute. She waited around, looking at the menu, and then looking at the floor. Soon she was lost in her thoughts. She was wondering how Hyunsu must have gotten the way he was.

Perhaps he was a spoiled child that got dropped on his head too many times. Well..or maybe his parents didn't let him do anything, and then now that he was an adult his inner feelings seemed to suddenly explode. he also wondered with him never paying attention in school either meant he was a genius..or the opposite. Hyunsu did have a successful business after all, or so Soyeon thought. For all she knew he was deep in debt and didn't even know it. When he was back, she redirected her attention to him.This was why encouraging creativity as a future teacher would be important..but not too much creativity of course.
You wouldn't want the kids to be going on and on about purple elephants. Soyeon figured she would never know about Hyunsu's background. Not that she minded, it was just... He was like a platypus. You wondered how the he came to being. Now Hyunsu was going on about fudge again. 'He seems to really like fudge... I wonder why..'

Her attention went to Taehyun and Haejung. She was shocked at seeing the young man carrying Haejung.

"Oh, is she alright?" Of course Haejung wasn't alright! Taehyun was carrying the poor girl for goodness sake! She frowned at herself for asking such an obvious question. With all that was going on, her nervousness seemed to grow larger, forcing her to talk without thinking.

"Do you need any help?" It was a question not really directed at anyone in particular due to the situation, but she was facing towards Taehyun. She jumped when Hyunsu did a handspring over the counter, her eyes widening slightly. 'Maybe he's like one of those mysterious super heroes who has to keep a low profile.. oh now who is the one being child-like Soyeon?!'

Le-Krynn
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2009, 06:53 PM

Chunho was fairly puzzled by Sunhee’s first order: A backbone. But, luckily for him, she quickly changed it to something the café actually carried: Pulled tea and cake. He stood back up straight and jotted this down in his notebook, also sketching out a design that he could make on the cake with some text telling her to feel better and keep her chin up, but it’d say, “A day with cake can’t be that bad!!” Or something like that. He was sketching something to draw in the frosting, too: An adorable little bear telling her to be happy.

He stopped his sketching when Yoolee said to thank the “person who arranged” the flower petals. “You’re welcome,” he said with a smile, but then he pulled his hand up protectively to his heart, looked to the side and dramatically said, “I just can’t believe you didn’t realize it was me,” here he looked back, their eyes met for a moment and he quickly looked down, “I thought that… My work was more… recognizable…” He sniffled theatrically, as though he would cry any moment at the thought of his ‘work’ not being known. He would have gone on with his ‘act’, but he didn’t want to overdo it, so he looked back up at her and smiled in a way that said ‘I’m glad you like it’ and ‘I’m done goofing off now’.

“I’ll go get your order, Yoolee~!” He said before turning around happily on his heel and going back up to the counter to retrieve the order and draw his picture on the cake. But, when he got there, he was told to go buy a piano! And fudge. He hadn’t known they were out of fudge. Luckily, he had been sent on similar errands a number of times, so he knew where to buy this fudge and which brand he needed to get for Hyunsu to be happy.

But… He was handed… A BLANK CHECK!!!
Chunho almost fainted. He definitely swooned, though, catching his balance on the counter before he really did pass out. He could go and buy…. The most beautiful baby grand piano he could find. It’d be white with maybe some gold paint on it… Or, better yet, just white, so that he and the others from the café could decorate it and paint it and turn it into a new addition to the furniture family… Wait, furniture family? Maybe Chunho has been working here for too long.

The aspiring musician bowed to Hyunsu and gave him a very formal "Thank you!!" and "I won’t let you down!" before carefully placing the check in his pocket and rushing out the door….. Only to realize that he had forgotten all about Yoolee’s order! He rushed back inside and pulled the page out of his notebook, handing it to his nearest fellow employee. He pointed to Sunhee and Yoolee’s table and quickly told the other waiter what he needed to do… Which was probably unnecessary, but Chunho didn’t care. He quickly left the café to get a beautiful, white, angelic baby grand piano for the café. And fudge.