ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 AM

Yeah, I think my aunt likes our food and family a lot. Not to say she doesn't like hers, but we're a bit quieter, I suppose.

Either way it's nice to see her. I see my parents every day, so that's just normal.

foxotanashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2012, 08:02 AM

Yeah I see my mother every day.

ElysiumFate

Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 AM

Parents, ya gotta love them, but they get on your nerves like no one else can. o.<

foxotanashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2012, 08:09 AM

That's what family is for xD

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 AM

Oh it was annoying today at my aunt's. Had to deal with how my grandmother can be to us ^^" Especially to my aunt and mom.

ElysiumFate

Old 12-24-2012, 08:44 AM

You have one of those irritating grandmas that pick at everything about everyone?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 12-24-2012, 08:51 AM

Yes, yes I do... It's like her favourite pasttime.

One thing that got to me earlier was when my aunt was saying who was bringing what and I asked her if she would like Mike and I to bring anything, she said "yeah! bring whatever you'd like to" My grandmother stands there and says "yeah bring the soda"
ok... Excuse me? My aunt's boyfriend has more than enough freaking soda. I wanted so badly to say to grandma something along the lines of "oh ok, so you don't think I can cook?" or something like that like "I can cook, I can do more than press buttons on the microwave"
It's like she doesn't think I know how to do things in the kitchen, never gives me the chance to do so. I know how to freaking cook, mike and his family are more than excited that I'll be helping them with dinner on tuesday and his mom is all for me coming up with something that could make the broccoli more interesting.
My grandmother was nitpicking me when I was using the chopper to chop the onions. -.- I wish something will be brought up on Tuesday and I can stand there and say "ask Mike how much I cook for him and with his fam" type of response.

ElysiumFate

Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 AM

Sounds like she's definitely gotten on your nerves over the years. o.o I can understand. The best you can do is bring an amazing dish to dinner and if she doesn't shut up then, then just ignore her.

You're up late, though. Can't sleep?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 12-24-2012, 09:06 AM

Yeah, she does that to us. ^^"

I'm not able to really make anything for tuesday, but I'll see what I can do (I'll ask mike if he'd like to). At leats I'm bringing a veggie platter to dad's gf's family's.
Nope, making cookies.. Finally finished baking and they're cooling... I have to go to bed soon or I won't be able to function tomorrow though. Especially since I have to get up early :(

ElysiumFate

Old 12-24-2012, 09:18 AM

I've got some irritating people in my family, but they aren't pickers. They're just kinda asses.

Ahhh, been there done that. Hopefully I won't be making mashed potatoes at 2 a.m. tomorrow.

I think I'm gonna try to sleep now, though, so hopefully you're around tomorrow. :)

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 12-24-2012, 11:45 AM

hurrah! hello everyone

JediMercJeff
Jedi Mercenary... Returned from ...

Old 12-24-2012, 12:14 PM

Hi, Birdie! :D

My Christmas is gonna be a bit odd... My family'll actually have 2 Christmases! My wifey and I are going to my Mom's tomorrow, and spending the day there... Then we're going back there on the 5th when my step-daughter comes back into town, spending the night, and having another Christmas on the 6th.

Then there'll likely be "Christmas" presents distributed into like February because we'll slowly be getting our finances back to do so. Heh.

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, Christmas can run you crazy broke O.o
I'm personally just having a quite holiday with my hubby, dinner for ourselves and then a stroll through the woods by our home with some hot chocolate. We tend to meander through the neighbor and critique peoples christmas lights XD

Personally I'm just overjoyed to have quite holiday, I worked retail last year sooooo yeah XD I'm sure that explains it.

JediMercJeff

Old 12-24-2012, 12:32 PM

LOL! That explains it juuuuust fine. ;)

And honestly, it wasn't even Christmas that ran us crazy broke... Still kinda catching up from the out-of-state move in August which was (in part) to get me back to college. Heh. But, everyone's still got a Christmas list that will be addressed over the next couple months... Except me... I don't know what I want. -.-

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 PM

Well that does sound like an expensive trip. I know we saved up for over a year when we moved and that was just from Colorado to Oregon.

well, at lest you have plenty of time to decide. Personally I buy a lot of my x-mass stuff right afterwards on clearance cuse I'm a cheap skate like that XD

JediMercJeff

Old 12-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Heh! Well, the way I figure it is, if you can deal with the crowds, you can get major bargains after the holidays... Returns and exchanges and stuff they didn't sell well deeply discounted... Hoping for some deals!

We're getting my stepdaughter a Nexus 7 or a Kindle Fire HD, and I think the wifey wants one too (the Nexus 7, that is). I kinda need a laptop for school, but... Don't think that's happening soon. Heh.

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Thats exactly what I'm talking about XD why fight over it a few days before when you can get it for half price a few days later?

Though I'll admit I bought my computer through a back to school deal that was pretty nice, maybe you could wait for that one?
sorry my replies are slow my work gave me some crap $25 card for x-mass and I'm scrounging the website for anything worth while :(

JediMercJeff

Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 PM

Heh. It's all good... I'm trying to keep myself busy and not-bored over here. No one in the house, no school for me... I'll go stir-crazy before long! O.o

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Well I'm done XD
I just let my husband have it cuse I saw GameStop on there.
He can find something there I am sure

JediMercJeff

Old 12-24-2012, 01:41 PM

D'awww! Aren't you just sweet. :D

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2012, 01:48 PM

meh I do what I can for him
we try to keep it fair XD

I wish this chance game would all I get are aces :(

I don't even think I understand it
but I never gamble so....

JediMercJeff

Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM

Gambling is a really rare thing for me too, so... Yeah.

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2012, 01:57 PM

I personally have never understood the point of losing money I already had at the chance at gaining more

JediMercJeff

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Ehh... Depends on how much more you're looking to gain, I guess... Like dropping $10 on lottery tickets for a chance to win, say, $500,000,000... That I can see.

Bound Birdie

Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 PM

mmm maybe, your chances are still pretty low though
and I can buy like ten candy bars with that XD
maybe in the states where the lotto money also goes to helping the parks and what not, cuse then I could justify it as charity