onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 12-11-2022, 08:59 PM

Just that.

I've only got one physical game rn(FF X/X2 HD, but I also got the first three Dragon Quest games, Donut County(fun!), and the Princess Maker board game.

And Switch Online. Dude.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-12-2022, 06:21 PM

I love the Switch. O: You're not playing pokemon!? I've been playing Pokemon Scarlet. I have so many physical and digital games.. Too many actually... Breath of the Wild will probably remain my favorite on the platform.

Last edited by Kent; 12-13-2022 at 04:34 AM..

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 12-13-2022, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I love the Switch. O: You're not playing pokemon!? I've been playing Pokemon Scarlet. I have so may physical and digital games.. Too many actually... Breath of the Wild will probably remain my favorite on the platform.
I think I'm the only one NOT playing Pokemon, lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in the same boat, game-wise, at least at some point -- my eShop wishlist is alreasy starting to get long, and once the Final Fantasy pixel remasters drop...

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 12-14-2022, 06:08 PM

Breath of the Wild hands down my fav! Also really enjoyed Link's Awakening and the new Pokemon Snap! :D

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2022, 06:22 PM

*raises hand* I wasn't sure about it in the beginning but now I LOVE my switch. I played soooo much Animal Crossing during the pandemic.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-15-2022, 08:17 PM

Oh oh, mememe! I'm currently playing Pokemon Violet. Ive completed the story and Pokedex but Im just shiny hunting something for someone at the moment. Once Ive got what I need (Shiny Sprigatito) I will continuing a playthrough of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond.

@zigbigadorlube: Nintendo planned Animal Crossing to come out at the most perfect time. A little too perfect >.> :P

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2022, 08:28 PM

I have Pokemon Violet but have yet to crack the seal on that game. I'm still playing Animal Crossing. My boyfriend keeps asking when I'm going to give up on that game haha! I really like the home designer part though, it's so relaxing!

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-15-2022, 08:35 PM

Look I can't tell you what to do because AC is damn addicting and I have been there lol but pleeease give Pokemon a try. The end story is absolutely incredible, it's probably the best story they've ever had. Just everything comes together perfectly. Story, visuals, music... You just have to get through the performance issues which aren't too awful but it is noticeable.

ACs design options went above and beyond in New Horizons! Somehow they kept their own style but made things looking realistic.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2022, 08:41 PM

I know I bought the game but I'm a little reluctant to get into it from all the glitchiness I've been hearing about. I was a diehard pokemon fan until Sword/Shield but I feel like that game kind of ruined it for me. I couldn't get into the whole "raids" thing and whatnot. I never did finish it. I did quite like Arceus though I haven't completely finished that one either. Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and give Violet a try over the Christmas break.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-15-2022, 11:50 PM

That's totally fair, like at first I could not believe I was playing a Pokemon game due to all previous games being so polished, made me a little sad. Mmm hopefully they release a new patch to fix the issues as even though theyve released one, it wasnt to fix the issues people are mostly talking about. While the raids do help a ton with providing you items like XP candies they are totally not necessary to complete the game. Theyre also a bit janky so it might be better to skip them anyway haha.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2022, 11:51 PM

I was hoping too that they would release an update to fix the BORK but it doesn't seem like that has happened.

Which pokemon did you chose as your starter?

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-16-2022, 01:10 AM

Apparently they are aware of performance issues, and really it would be in their best interests to sort them out but I can imagine it would be a HUGE task to do as just a lot of things are wrong.

I chose the goofy crocodile, Fuecoco, what do you reckon you'll choose when you start?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 01:44 AM

Yeah for sure! I preordered the game. I can't believe I paid that much for a game with so much bork though, it's crazy!

I'm definitely going to go with the grass cat. I'm pretty disappointed with how all their final forms turned out though...

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 12-16-2022, 05:22 AM

I dunno if I'm gonna join the Pokemon experience any time soon; there are other games I wanna get first, like the Final Fantasy pixel remasters. I also like the demos for Octopath Traveler and Harvestella, so I might get those at some point.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 12-16-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Yeah for sure! I preordered the game. I can't believe I paid that much for a game with so much bork though, it's crazy!

I'm definitely going to go with the grass cat. I'm pretty disappointed with how all their final forms turned out though...
Aww it's not like you knew it would be a dumpster fire when it came out haha.
I think the final form of grass cat is cute! The middle one is very lackluster I think. Though so is Fuecoco's and Quaxlys.

---------- Post added 12-16-2022 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
I dunno if I'm gonna join the Pokemon experience any time soon; there are other games I wanna get first, like the Final Fantasy pixel remasters. I also like the demos for Octopath Traveler and Harvestella, so I might get those at some point.
Haha I love it The Pokemon Experience(tm). Theyre very much more RPG heavy genres compared to Pokemon. I have heard mixed reviews about Harvestella, I would like to try the demo eventually.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-16-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
I also enjoyed the Octopath Traveler demo and ended up picking up the game! Another one of my "I'll finish this eventually" games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
Aww it's not like you knew it would be a dumpster fire when it came out haha.
I think the final form of grass cat is cute! The middle one is very lackluster I think. Though so is Fuecoco's and Quaxlys.

---------- Post added 12-16-2022 at 04:13 PM ----------

Haha I love it The Pokemon Experience(tm). Theyre very much more RPG heavy genres compared to Pokemon. I have heard mixed reviews about Harvestella, I would like to try the demo eventually.
Yeah, the first two forms were cute and then the last one I'm like...stop making bipedal starts omfg...

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 12-17-2022, 06:05 PM

My dream Switch titles, right now: the FF XIII trilogy and Eternal Sonata(that's a game that needs to be brought back).

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 12-20-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:

Meanwhile I’m glad I got the game before the patches to fix it were pushed for everyone. It meant that I could keep the item duplication glitch going, lol.

I don’t feel bad for exploiting a glitch in a game that was sold to us in such a sorry state. That said, the story is good and it’s quite fun. I like the world the build. Just needs lots and lots of polish and performance help.

---------- Post added 12-20-2022 at 03:09 PM ----------

Oh and I was huge on Animal Crossing when it first came out too! I have a 100% complete catalog including all alternate colors. I was way into hosting catalog parties for people. Now I mostly open the game to let my daughter run around and catch fish and bugs.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-20-2022, 02:13 PM

OMG FERRA! *GLOMPS* It's so awesome to see you!

Oh I hadn't heard of the duplication glitch. I probably wouldn't have taken advantage of it anyway though. I do need to get around to at least starting the game to claim some of the promo codes I have.

Ooh wow, that's a huge accomplishment! I'm trying to buy everything from the shops but haven't met up with others to catalog other things. Maybe I can hit you up if I need a specific color of something?

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 12-20-2022 at 02:15 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 12-21-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
OMG FERRA! *GLOMPS* It's so awesome to see you!

Oh I hadn't heard of the duplication glitch. I probably wouldn't have taken advantage of it anyway though. I do need to get around to at least starting the game to claim some of the promo codes I have.

Ooh wow, that's a huge accomplishment! I'm trying to buy everything from the shops but haven't met up with others to catalog other things. Maybe I can hit you up if I need a specific color of something?
Yeah, long time no see!!

Sure, I’m happy to help if you need it. I can order whatever via my catalog so just let me know

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-21-2022, 09:39 PM

Thank you Ferra! How have you been?

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 12-21-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Thank you Ferra! How have you been?
I wish I could say great but unfortunately everyone in my household is hit with a bad illness right now (maybe Covid? We’ve dodged it so far).

But overall it’s been good! I’m still living in Japan, I’m happily married to my husband and we have two beautiful kids (daughter is 4, son is 1.5). So I can’t complain about the big picture at least! When my son starts preschool at 3 I’ll finally go back to work but for now I’ve been a stay-at-home mom.

How about you?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2022, 06:01 PM

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Being sick for the holidays is the worst! I hope everyone had a speedy recovery! My boyfriend actually just came down with COVID last Friday. Unbelievable that we escaped it this long, considering he works in the hospital. I think I managed to escape it yet again though because I tested negative for my travel.

Oh yay!!! I remember seeing the pictures of your beautiful wedding! I'm so happy that your marriage is going well and OMG babies!!! Ahhh!!!

I'm doing alright myself. The past few years have been quite a ride but I'm in an okay place. I've got a really great job working remotely and I'm now living in Florida with my boyfriend. We'll be moving to Oklahoma next year though! Definitely feeling a little bit stressed about relocating again after only 2 years but we knew Florida was likely going to be temporary so I guess there is that.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 12-27-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Being sick for the holidays is the worst! I hope everyone had a speedy recovery! My boyfriend actually just came down with COVID last Friday. Unbelievable that we escaped it this long, considering he works in the hospital. I think I managed to escape it yet again though because I tested negative for my travel.

Oh yay!!! I remember seeing the pictures of your beautiful wedding! I'm so happy that your marriage is going well and OMG babies!!! Ahhh!!!

I'm doing alright myself. The past few years have been quite a ride but I'm in an okay place. I've got a really great job working remotely and I'm now living in Florida with my boyfriend. We'll be moving to Oklahoma next year though! Definitely feeling a little bit stressed about relocating again after only 2 years but we knew Florida was likely going to be temporary so I guess there is that.
Oh yuck, I’m sorry he caught Covid over the holidays of all times. Hope he feels better soon and you don’t get it! We tested negative on our PCRs so it was likely the flu. We all got our flu shots this year too so it’s surprising but I did hear that this year’s flu is nasty. Thankfully we’re now almost over it completely.

Thanks, yeah! Going on 8 years now. Our kids are both happy and healthy little balls of energy despite everything. :)

Wow, that’s a big move! I’m sure it will be a big change to get used to but I’ve never regretted the moves I’ve made so I’m hoping it puts you in a great place.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-27-2022, 12:55 PM

He said yesterday he's finally starting to feel a bit better so hopefully by the time I get back home he'll be testing negative. I still have no symptoms other than my nose being drippy but I think that's just from the super cold weather here. Fingers crossed!

Waah, has it really been that long?! Anyway, congratulations again!

I hope so! The city we're heading to seems like it's a pretty good community so as long as we don't get blown away by a tornado it'll probably be ok. There's a lot of things about Florida that I'll miss though!