Rainiy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rainiy

Old 01-19-2008, 02:49 AM

The funny thing is, is that I actually have very particular tastes xD Especially about what I drink -- I don't drink milk or eggnog or anything >.> Water and (mostly diet) softdrinks for me xD You have to poke me even to drink Snapple and apple juice and stuff xD (I HATE tea, and alcohol -- I'm one of the only teenagers I know who's tried alcohol and genuinely doesn't like it or pretend to~ xD; Unless it's a social event and my relatives expect me too >.> Blech xD; )

As it were, I only like the really 'exotic-ish' flavors too xD Like, I think this flavor is dark chocolate raspberry or something >.> I really wanna try the peppermint flavor too xD Until a few weeks ago actually, I would only drink Fraps from Starbucks xD

It is a mess >.> I'm avoiding it right now xD (What's worse, is that I totally made the WORST pot of coffee ever xD; I was studying into the late hours, so I dumped, like, four or five tablespoons of coffee grounds in there xD; It was disgusting, even when I tried to temper the taste with sugar xD; )

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 01-19-2008, 02:52 AM

If it didn't crack from the heat, it should be ok after soaking it in some hot sudsy water.

morquarwen
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to morquarwen Send a message via Yahoo to morquarwen

Old 01-19-2008, 02:55 AM

Once in awhile I will drink milk, though I really prefer it to be chocolate. Eggnog, Ive never been brave enough to try. Reminds of of drinking raw eggs for some reason. Tea, I like sun tea, and once in awhile I like a cup of hot tea. But I use so much sugar I really should be in a coma :lol:

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 02:59 AM

There's been a few time I've come into work on Monday morning to find someone left the coffee pot on over the weekend - it's so gross to try and get that caked on mess out of the bottom of the pot.

I have a small pot at home - makes 4 cops max - I'm the only person in my house who drinks coffee, Chris is a big tea drinker. I really like tea as well - it's relaxing :)

Milk is an ingredient - unless there is chocolate in it :lol:

morquarwen
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:00 AM

What can I say, on occasion I have the urge to drink an ingredient :lol: :lol:

Rainiy
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-19-2008, 03:01 AM

@ Roocee : My mother was smart and is soaking it in water right now <3 It's not cracked :3 Just a bit... black at the bottom xD;

@ Morquarwen : I tried eggnog for the first time a few years ago, and honestly, I really hated it xD I sometimes get in the mood for things I know I don't like though (like mango, and yam pie -- it's like a weird cycle; I just get the urge every few years xD; I absolutely hate the taste of pie >.> ) Anyway, this Christmas, the first two half-glasses of eggnog actually tasted good! xD And lol! Are there actually eggs in eggnog? xD

I try to... broaden my horizons >.> So I tried green tea once xD I tried Lipton's, and it almost made me gag xD; It was way too sugary for me :3 For the most part, I don't like tea just because I don't really like super hot drinks near my mouth xD; *always drank iced frappucinos and always waits for coffee to literally -cool- a bit* xD I liked it when a Japanese friend of mine came to America and made it traditionally :3 And I drank raspberry flavored iced tea once and liked it ^__^ So who knows! ='D

Edit:

Siaa: My coffee pot holds four cups too, and up to a while ago only my mum drank coffee on occasion xD When I have lots of homework though, I can drink the entire four cups myself >.> It's not healthy xD; And it generally kicks in the morning after I drink it xD; *cries* ^__^;

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:01 AM

Me too - with lots of chocolate in it ;)

I think I hate milk so much because growing up my mom wouldn't let us drink anything other than milk at dinner.

morquarwen
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:07 AM

Glad you are able to save the pot :D I dont like green tea either, the smell alone makes me gag. But then lots of things make me gag right now lol.

Si- it was the opposite at our house. For some reason my mom wouldnt let us drink alot of milk, so I never developed a dislike for it. Toni on the other hand hates milk, and barely even drinks chocolate!!

Rainiy
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-19-2008, 03:08 AM

Kekeke -- I recall when I was younger, my dad wouldn't let my brother or I drink or eat anything other than what was being served xD This one day, he gave us grilled cheese and tomato soup, called the soup the beverage, and forbid us from getting water until we'd "drank" the soup ^__^; So I said I had to go the bathroom and poured it down the sink ^__^; I was just thirsty for water >.>

I don't like milk much because I'm more or less lactose intolerant xD I eat ice cream >.> But it makes me hella sick afterwards xD Milk doesn't taste as good to me, so I don't make exceptions for it :3

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 01-19-2008, 03:11 AM

That's true Jess. We couldn't drink the milk. I don't remember why really.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:15 AM

I love green tea - I used to think it smelled funky, but I've recently developed a taste for it - I find it relaxing and soothing

My parents used to do the whole no food other than what was made for dinner thing - one time my brother and I didn't want our spaghetti and we were forced to sit at the table for over an hour because we refused to eat.

We actually ended up throwing a lot of the pasta around, we figured out it stuck to the wall and went crazy - we were in so much trouble :lol:

Rainiy
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-19-2008, 03:20 AM

@ Si: I've been trying to "acquire the taste" for green tea, just because it feels like something you absolutely -have- to like in order to make it in Japan (like how they say you'll never make it if you dislike fish or rice xD I see green tea that way :3 ) Soo I try to get into it ^__^ I sort of like the Arizona brand ^__^ And when it's made from home, so to speak :3 Hopefully I can learn to love it xD

And lol! xD That sounds like fun xD It sort of reminds me of a scene from "Running with Scissors" when Augustin and Natalie(?) were poking a hole in the kitchen ceiling just to be rebellious xD (I don't know why that triggered that memory, especially since the psychotic dad, surprisingly, wasn't angry at all) -- It was funny nonetheless xD My mom has never done that with my brother or I, and my dad has since given up xD We're stubborn little brats >.> We could sit in front of the food for hours and not touch it xD Just for pride xD

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:20 AM

We had to eat what was served as well. I'm really not sure if I agree with that concept or not. I really think that it makes the child resent certain foods in the long run.

Rainiy
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-19-2008, 03:24 AM

I agree, Roocee xD Also, it sort of gets you to fear the dinner table >.>

It's sort of like the enforcement of "clean your plate" ^^;; Our nation probably wouldn't have so much obesity in adolescents if everybody didn't push food on them so much in their younger years xD; That's the only conclusion I can come up with, anyway >.>

On that stream of thought -- My mother once got scolded for sending my brother to school with a sandwich and a fruit every day. Like, they were threatening to press charges and crap xD; It was really messed up -- My brother and I ended up transferring out of that school, but... yeah. >.> I sort of strayed from the topic a lot xD; It's just weird about everybody and food ^__^;;

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:44 AM

Roughly 15 minutes left in the auction. I'm getting nervous again.

Rainiy
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-19-2008, 03:45 AM

Which auction? :3 *headtilt* ^__^ Don't be nervous! I'm sure it will turn out great! =3

morquarwen
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 AM

The giving back auction over in the exchange forum

Rainiy
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-19-2008, 03:52 AM

That sounds nice ^_^ I'll go look :3 Did you start it, or are you bidding for something? :3

morquarwen
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:58 AM

I think Aries started it and her and Zewres run it. Im not brave enough to try it, and there are lots of rules to follow. Which is understandable considering what the items are

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-19-2008, 04:00 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds green tea hard going. I found it bitter and earthy when I tried it.
Though I later found out that this is because you're not actually supposed to boil the water when you make it, it should just come up to a simmer.
When I tried it like that it didn't taste so bad, but I'm still not that keen..

I like milk! I do occasionally treat myself to milkshake, not very often though, if I do buy them it's either chocolate or banana.

I've never had eggnog, and you guys comments arent encouraging me to try it :lol:

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-19-2008, 04:03 AM

I've not ever tried eggnog either and just can't bring myself to do it.

Well, another auction done and I missed it again I'm pretty sure. Oh well, always next week. It was fun though.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-19-2008, 04:06 AM

I've never been brave enough to attempt any of the auctions!

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 01-19-2008, 04:12 AM

I'm pretty nervous until my bid gets accepted. After that, I'm good until it's down to the last 5 minutes. Then I get nervous again and do something stupid.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 03:32 PM

Eggnog is yummy - it's very thick and creamy and sweet

I like the earthy taste of green tea :roll:

I hate the clean your plate rule - if I'm not hungry anymore don't try to force me to eat - I agree that a lot of weight problems probably stem from the clean your plate mentality. If people could just stop eating when they were full maybe their weight issues wouldn't be so bad - I know I sometimes find myself wanting to clean my plate even after I'm done eating :evil:

morquarwen
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 04:18 PM

I have to practically beg Toni to eat now, so I dont have to enforce that clean your plate rule. Not that I would because I dont agree with it. You cant force a child to eat something, its just going to bite you in the end