~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-04-2013, 03:40 PM

There can be multiple clerics. Go team cleric!! :3
I might tweak it but I'm thinking lizardling cleric.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 03:43 PM

Sounds fun, ~LONGCAT~! I've got the rules section all sorted now, and the world info will be easy, as I already have it written out for my rl game.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 12-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Who are the gods in your game?

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 03:48 PM

There are 7 gods on Asarth. They represent Light/Order, Darkness/Chaos, Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and Balance. Some people also worship Asarth herself. I'm about to add more detailed information about the gods to post #3 of the OOC thread.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-04-2013, 03:49 PM

I'll start My character sheet throughout today, be prepared to be bombarded with questions.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 04:01 PM

No worries! I like questions!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-04-2013, 04:15 PM

First Question!

Whats the least useful trait for a Ranger?

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 04:29 PM

Probably intellect, then charisma. INT is all about book-learning, and a ranger doesn't really need much of that. CHA can be useful in some situations because it's what your social skills are based off of.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Alright, thank you

Next questions....

I'm really confused about how to figure out these 4

Speed:
Encumbrance:
Damage:
Armor Class:

Also....About the backpack....so it holds 100lbs....does that mean if you completely fill it you are carrying 110lbs?

And what is a reasonable weight limit for a harpy Ranger?
Is 85.5lbs too heavy? (This includes my weapon and Armor)

((Sorry for the barrage of questions ))

This is what I have so far.

Character Name:Alexis Alerrio
Player Name: Cora Lorington
Race:Harpy (Furfolk)
Class:Ranger
STR:13
AGI:18
INT:8
WIS:13
CHA:10
CON:10
Speed:
Encumbrance:
Damage:
Armor Class:
Abilities: Flight, Beast Speech,
Skills: Crossbow, Whip, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Tracking, Wilderness Survival, Cooking, Carpentry
Equipment:Crossbow, 1 quiver arrows, Large Backpack, Leather Armor, Personal Basics, Clothing(Middle Class), Food(Average), Lantern, Lantern Oil x2, Whip, Lockpicks, Cloak(heavy), Wineskin(sm), Rope(silk)
Equipment Weight: 85.5lb
Gold: 256g
Motivation: The money. She’s totally in it all for the gold. Being the daughter of a Trade Merchant and His wife her father died in a tragic accident when she was young leaving the business to her mother. Over the years her mother has had failing health from a disease that no one can name. Alexis is searching for a cure.
Weakness: She doesn’t trust people. Despite her outwardly bubbly personality she inwardly doesn’t trust people to help her. She tries to take on everything by herself and often times tries to do too much.
Character Biography: Alexis lost her father to a tragic accident when she was but a small girl. Her mother raised her, and took over the trade business. However, the world did not look kindly on her mother taking over, and the business did poorly. Never poorly enough to close down the place, but poorly enough to leave them fairly poor. When her mother became
Anything else you think we should know?:She can have a mean temper when angry.

Does that look ok?

Last edited by Cora; 12-04-2013 at 08:20 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 PM

I'm going to be filling more of this out later today. Let me know if you catch me do anything funky!
Heads up, party... Rave is Lawful Good!

Character Name: Rave Isenblæd
Player Name: Mythos
Character Description or Picture:

Race: Human
Class: Warrior
STR: 17
AGI: 12
INT: 8
WIS: 11
CHA: 10
CON: 15 + 1 (racial bonus)
Speed: 6
Encumbrance: -1 Light Encumbrance
Damage: Unarmed (), shield (1d3+STRmod), spear (1d6+STRmod impaling), crossbow (1d6+STRmod impaling)
Armor Class: +1 (AGI) +4 (chain armor) +2 (medium shield) -- AC: 7
Abilities: High level of insight (in terms of spotting lies/flawed arguments?)
Skills: 10 + 2 (racial bonus) + 2 (class bonus, weapon skills)
Strategy, Tactics, First Aid (Int)
Diplomacy, Sex Appeal (Cha)
Carousing (Con)
Unarmed Combat, Two-handed Sword, Broadsword, Shield, Crossbow, Spear
Languages: Common, Dwarvish
Equipment: Chain armor, medium shield, spear, crossbow, quiver of 20 quarrels, personal basics.
Equipment Weight: 71 lbs
Gold: 220
Motivation: Rave is a member of the city guard and quite proud of that despite some of the attitude she gets while she's on the beat. Her father was a soldier in the lord's army like his father before him and while Rave would have been more than happy to be the next in that line she was requested to stay closer to home while her reluctant brother went off to be the brave knight. She is determined to prove to the world that she is worthy of the post she was denied.
Weakness: Rave sees the world in black and white and is quick to deciding which is which and how to deal with them. This mindset makes her impulsive and at times rather difficult to get along with. She has a limited sense of humor and has a hard time relaxing. She is terrible at lying and even worse at entertaining.
Character Biography: Rave is a grunt level city guard from a proud military family. She resents her parents' choice of sending her brother off to serve the lord's army when she was willing to go despite their arguments that she was 1) younger and 2) less prepared/trained at the time than he was. Since that time she has spent all of her energy into proving her capability where ever she can find an outlet. This goal, however, is stagnating her her low level position within the city as she continues to find herself stuck behind a desk filling in reports instead of being out in the field taking down the baddies. She takes her job very seriously but finds herself struggling from taking action beyond those tasks assigned to her.

Anything else you think we should know?: Let the almost-not-just-lawful good shenanigans begin!

Last edited by Mythos; 12-13-2013 at 05:44 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 PM

There's a handy guide under where the character sheet was posted that should help with filling them out, but here's a more detailed explanation using Cora's stats as an example. I'm going to do them out of order, because that's the way it makes sense in my head today...

Encumbrance: There's a list of formulas for calculating this under Equipment. Your STR is 13, sooo...
0) STR times 2 or less= 26 Unencumbered
1) STR times 4 or less= 52 Light Encumbrance
2) STR times 6 or less= 78 Moderate Encumbrance
3) STR times 12 or less= 156 Heavy Encumbrance
4) STR times 20 or less= 260 Extra-Heavy Encumbrance

85.5 lbs would put you at Heavy Encumbrance, if you were walking. The problem is that "A flying creature can carry about half as much as a landbound one of equivalent STR." The easiest way to calculate that is to double how much you're carrying. That puts you at Extra-Heavy Encumbrance, and bumps your speed down by 4.

Speed: This is calculated by adding your AGI plus your CON and then dividing by 4. (18+10)/4 = 7, but because right now you're looking at Extra-Heavy Encumbrance, you'd be reduced to a speed of 3.

Damage: Your damage depends on your weapon. I see you have crossbow and whip. In the Weapons section, it says crossbows do 1d6 impaling, and whips do 1d2.

A high STR can increase the damage by 1 for every 2 levels of STR above 10, and your STR is 13, so you can add a +1 to that. That makes your Crossbow damage 1d6+1, and your whip damage 1d2+1

Armor Class: You're wearing leather armor, so if you look in the armor section, you'll see that gives you 2 AC. You'll also see under Attributes, that your AC increases by 1 for every 2 levels of AGI above 10. Your AGI is 18, which gives you a total AC of 6!

Also....About the backpack....so it holds 100lbs....does that mean if you completely fill it you are carrying 110lbs? Yes, that is correct. There are backpacks in the world that won't weigh more no matter how full you fill them, but until you find one you're stuck doing it the hard way.

And what is a reasonable weight limit for a harpy Ranger?
Is 85.5lbs too heavy? (This includes my weapon and Armor)
That's going to be a pretty heavy burden for a flying creature to carry, but not impossible. It is going to slow you down, though. There are a few of things you can do about that if you feel it slows you down too much.

One is to make a note of which things you keep in your backpack and which ones you carry at all times. You can state at the beginning of combat that you're dropping your pack and get a temporary speed boost during combat. You don't have gold for it now, but in the future you might even consider acquiring a donkey or some other animal to carry your non-combat items.

Another option is to get lighter-weight equipment. If you got a Bow instead of a Crossbow, that would shave off 4lbs-- you'd do a little less damage, but crossbows take a long time to reload, and a smaller backpack would carry all of your current supplies while weighing 7 lbs less. Because you have such a high AGI and therefore` a great AC bonus, you might also consider going without armor, which saves you a whopping 20 lbs.

Either method alone would get you down to heavy encumbrance, but if you used both together... Whip(6) + Bow(2) + Quiver and Arrows (1) + Clothing(5) + Rope (1/2) = 14.5lbs... and then the rest of your gear would go in the backpack and be dropped at the beginning of combat. Your encumbrance would go to light, and your speed would be 6. Without armor your AC would be 4, but that's still pretty good!

Whoa, and this post got much wordier than I'd meant it to. I hope I answered your questions, though, and I hope it all makes sense. Your character looks like she's going to be a lot of fun!

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Okay can we quickly and briefly post what classes and or characters we are playing, or interested in playing, so no two people spend donkeys years creating one, and then finding out someone else has same idea (how embarrassing)

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 10:53 PM

I know Mythos is playing a human warrior, Ethos was talking about a bard-- possibly human?, ~LONGCAT~ was interested in a lizardling cleric of Uolthen, and Cora's making great progress on her harpy ranger. No one else has mentioned anything to me so far.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-05-2013, 12:00 AM

That did help I think ^.^

I'll do a little reorganizing and have you look at it again just to make sure I did it right xP

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 12:11 AM

I'm glad to help! I should probably have warned everyone that I tend to overexplain things sometimes. I get started and naturally fall into lecture mode. I think it's hereditary, my dad and grandfather both did that, too...

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 AM

What what!! Crazy lizard folk up in hurr!!
I've been out all day looking at birds, I'll try to get this together later tonight when I'm home. Ps, snowy owl :3

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
What what!! Crazy lizard folk up in hurr!!
I've been out all day looking at birds, I'll try to get this together later tonight when I'm home. Ps, snowy owl :3
I'm so jealous! I've never seen a snowy owl... granted, I don't live far enough north for them. I saw a fox the other day, though, and I know our bear has been around because he's been rubbing on some of the trees.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-05-2013, 12:47 AM

One more questions and I promise I'm done lol.

When it says -1 attribute, +2 atribute......what does that mean?

does it mean I subtract 1 from one of them and add 2 to another?

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 12:54 AM

You subtract from 1, and add either +2 to another or +1 to 2 others.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 AM

Thank You Much.

Here we go, I think I did this right o.0

Quote:
Character Name:Alexis Alerrio
Player Name: Cora Lorington
Race:Harpy (Furfolk)
Class:Ranger
STR:13
AGI:18
INT:7
WIS:13
CHA:11
CON:11
Speed: 6
Encumbrance: Light
Damage: Bow-1d4, Whip- 1d2
Armor Class: 4
Abilities: Flight, Beast Speech
Skills: Bow, Whip, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Slight of Hand, Stealth, Tracking, Wilderness Survival, Cooking, Carpentry, Archery, Poisons, Sex Appeal.
Equipment:Bow, 1 quiver arrows, Small Backpack, Personal Basics, Clothing(Middle Class), Food(Average), Lantern, Lantern Oil x3, Whip, Lockpicks, Cloak(heavy), Wineskin(sm), Rope(silk), First Aid
Equipment Weight: 14.5 lbs (Bow, Quiver, Clothes, Rope) 43lbs(Everything else is in Backpack)
Gold: 594g
Motivation: The money. She’s totally in it all for the gold. Being the daughter of a Trade Merchant and His wife her father died in a tragic accident when she was young leaving the business to her mother. Over the years her mother has had failing health from a disease that no one can name. Alexis is searching for a cure.
Weakness: She doesn’t trust people. Despite her outwardly bubbly personality she inwardly doesn’t trust people to help her. She tries to take on everything by herself and often times tries to do too much.
Character Biography: Alexis lost her father to a tragic accident when she was but a small girl. Her mother raised her, and took over the trade business. However, the world did not look kindly on her mother taking over, and the business did poorly. Never poorly enough to close down the place, but poorly enough to leave them fairly poor. When her mother became
Anything else you think we should know?:She can have a mean temper when angry.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 12-05-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmskyld View Post
I'm so jealous! I've never seen a snowy owl... granted, I don't live far enough north for them. I saw a fox the other day, though, and I know our bear has been around because he's been rubbing on some of the trees.
Typically I'm Bot far eggnog north but it's a strange year. I'm in New Jersey. Omg let me show you pictures!! *tries to get omgur to work on phone*

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 01:07 AM

Because your STR is 13, Cora, you do +1 damage! I'll fix that and go ahead and post it in the OOC thread! :3

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 12-05-2013, 01:07 AM

Ok this was taken with my phone through my scope. The scope is my xmss present from my fiance. Because of the owl sighting he gave it top me early.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 AM

Thats beautiful!

I love owls, they really are beautiful creatures.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 01:12 AM

That's amazing, ~LONGCAT~! I've never seen an owl in the wild before. Heard a lot of them, and found some castings, but never seen a wild one.