Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 01:27 AM

You wander over to one of the library's shelves and notice what would be an otherwise ordinary book. It's relatively think. Brown leather, and of sturdy binding...save for the distinguished embossed crimson poppy flower at the center of the book's spine where the title would normally be found. Upon closer inspections it appears to be a journal...a log created by one of the passengers aboard the maiden voyage of The Spirit of Calesco. Intrigued...you open the cover and decide to give it a read...

Table.of.Contents

The Journey begins [post 2]
1st stop Garland [post 3]
2nd stop Reisend [post 4]
3rd stop The Icy Peaks [post 5]

The journal seems to be incomplete but....

Last edited by Popcorn Gun; 01-04-2012 at 04:44 AM..

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 01-04-2012, 04:41 AM

Popcorn Gun. 12.23.2011

Dear Journal,
The day has finally arrived for our journey on Menewsha's new train. I'd been so excited, I purchased a VIP ticket from our resident shop keep Lance weeks in advanced. Clutching the ticket with the big golden star in the middle I rushed off to the train station. With wonder in my heart and fire in my eyes. Our fair island was notorious for going all out with it's events. I couldn't wait to see what each destination had planned.
I must have been a little bit too excited, as in my haste to the train station, I'd forgotten to get directions! And of course, I wound up lost. I spent a good chunk of the morning wandering about the town. I went back to the town square, and cast my eyes toward the clock in it's center. It was already 10:30am! The train was set to depart at 11:00. I knew if I didn't hustle, I would miss the trip! Frantically I went back to the board, and managed to find directions to the station. By the grace of God I managed to make it to the station, and it was beautiful! The station itself wasn't very large, but it was gorgeous. Red brick accented by a gray or black brick every few feet, gorgeous cherry wood beams, and gold plated signs. There was a massive crowd of Menewshans waiting with eager eyes for the train. The sound of a whistle was heard in the distance and we knew what our watches and schedules confirmed. The train was almost here. When it pulled into the station there was a hush amongst the people. Pure awe. It was a beautifully crafted machine. The color of a tart red cherry. Bright and vibrant. With a gold plate engraved with the name of the machine. It read 'The Spirit of Calesco' in an elegant Pristina-esque font. The trance was broken by a call of 'ALL ABOARD!' Have your tickets ready! I flashed my ticket and was allowed aboard. If the crowd outside hadn't been enough of an indicator, the train was enormous. Many cars long with a special car for dining and for lounging. I managed to find my own quarters and settle my things in. I managed to snag a VIP ticket so I didn't need to share my car, but I almost wish I hadn't. i wonder who I'd have rode with.
After pulling out from the station I opened the window to let in the sun and the breeze. It was unseasonally mild. I watched the sun's rays cast light, create shadows in my car. The sun warmed every tissue, sinew and fiber that it touched. While the breeze kept me alert and aware. The mix of sensations was very pleasant. I closed the window a bit, before dozing off for a nap.
When I awoke, I decided to explore the train. I stopped by the dining car and although I'd missed lunch, I hadn't missed the festivities. My fellow townspeople were frolicking, rolling about and having a good 'ole time. The cars seemed so much more spacious on the inside, so I suspect the train had been magicked at least in that respect. At the time, though, this wasn't the place for me, so I pressed on to find other things to do.