Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-06-2023, 02:11 AM

They have now joined their new family on my bed ^-^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-12-2023, 11:28 PM

Ngl, I was a little tempted to keep Rua for myself because they're so soft and cuddly. Need to make myself a fox someday, lol.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-13-2023, 02:03 PM

I love foxes, I wouldn't call them my favorite animal, but they are definitely probably in the top 3. I think they are so stinking cute ^_^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-14-2023, 03:37 PM

They definitely rank high in my list too. Both just as an animal and as a pattern to make. It's probably my second favorite animal to make because the pattern is very easy...as long as I don't forget which legs I've made already if I pause in making parts and accidentally end up with 3 for the same side. XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-16-2023, 07:55 AM

Oooh what is your favorite animal if Foxes are number 2?

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-16-2023, 08:25 PM

I mean....in terms of patterns, Dragon is #1, and fox is 2. I have no real reason for that ranking other than it's the order I learned them in plus dragons are superior.

In terms of actual favorite animals, Dragons and cats (both wild and pet varieties combined take the top two spots. And then foxes are probably #3.

Also...I'm insane.We have a work holiday party on Tuesday. I decide yesterday (Friday) to try and make a fox for my secret santa person. It's not impossible, but I also have to find time to buy the stuff for, and make 2 dishes, wrap presents for my friends, go to the gym twice plus study irish with a friend, and also do laundry...in basically the next 2.5 days.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-16-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I mean....in terms of patterns, Dragon is #1, and fox is 2. I have no real reason for that ranking other than it's the order I learned them in plus dragons are superior.

In terms of actual favorite animals, Dragons and cats (both wild and pet varieties combined take the top two spots. And then foxes are probably #3.

Also...I'm insane.We have a work holiday party on Tuesday. I decide yesterday (Friday) to try and make a fox for my secret santa person. It's not impossible, but I also have to find time to buy the stuff for, and make 2 dishes, wrap presents for my friends, go to the gym twice plus study irish with a friend, and also do laundry...in basically the next 2.5 days.
That's a tall order indeed, but I am sure you can do it! Just don't forget to sleep and eat in there as well! You don't want to make yourself sick in the meantime ^_^

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-17-2023, 01:24 AM

I mean...if last year (when I modified a snake plushie plus the bat/dragon wing pattern to make not 1, but 2 dratini) taught me anything, it's that I work extremely well under pressure. If it means staying up until 3am to finish everything, so be it, but I will be ready!
The hard part will be trying to figure out a couple gifts for 2 of the new employees, I don't know them very well and am stumped what to get, but don't want to not have anything at all in case it makes them feel left out.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-17-2023, 12:45 PM

I find if I don't know a person very well I tend to go with something consumable, like hot chocolate and a christmasy mug or coffee or chocolate etc.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-17-2023, 02:58 PM

I find those kind of tricky too tbh. What if they have allergies or dietary restrictions? It would be horrible to get someone something they couldn't have.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-17-2023, 09:56 PM

Yes that is also true I suppose. I never really considered that.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-18-2023, 09:14 PM

Decided to not worry about making the fox. Especially since my dad decided he needed to come to town so now I'm trapped, listening to him whine about his employees and how "no one wants to work" and "the ones who want to work are useless", in the middle of walmart and I can't get away and really need to because I have a lot to do still today. UGH.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-19-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Decided to not worry about making the fox. Especially since my dad decided he needed to come to town so now I'm trapped, listening to him whine about his employees and how "no one wants to work" and "the ones who want to work are useless", in the middle of walmart and I can't get away and really need to because I have a lot to do still today. UGH.
I know this feeling only too well. This sounds a whole lot like my mother. Good luck yo.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-19-2023, 11:27 PM

Yeah, he has a handful of standard rants "my employees suck/no one wants to work", "my kids don't go to church and/or have been brainwashed by their so's family" guilt trip, "insert anything anti-lgbtq+", and then the "you should visit/call more" guilt trip.

This year I lied and said I had to pet-sit for a friend and their dog doesn't travel well so I don't get forced into christmas again.
I literally call it the "christmas kidnapping" because I get a text a day or two before the 24th asking my schedule followed by an "x will pick you up" text.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-21-2023, 02:36 AM

Goodness yo, I'm not sure how I'd handle that. Although my mother is of course slightly different but also weirdly similar. Sometimes I just want to knock her out with a frying pan >.>

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 12-21-2023, 09:00 PM

My older sibling really has the perfect situation and I'm a bit jealous. They live far enough away that they can use travel expenses as a valid excuse. And my younger brother converted to Jehovah's Witness (because that's his wife's religion), but unfortunately, I live too close to use travel as an excuse because it's still close enough for my dad to pick me up (I don't have a car), and my atheism isn't a valid excuse to not celebrate a holiday heavily steeped in religion. ��
So I get to be the "lucky" recipient of all his complaints and forced holidays.

Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-21-2023 at 09:03 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 12-23-2023, 12:23 AM

I'd love to just get up and leave and start living somewhere far away, but I guess I'm just a creature of habit so I gotta do what I gotta do I guess. I do get to pull the "I work 3rd shift so only for a little while" excuse most of the time, it does not fly on holidays -_-

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 03-22-2024, 09:20 PM

Kinda forgot to reply...but...uh....Watermelon Fox!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-25-2024, 07:42 PM

so cute!!!! aaaaa!! i love the colors!

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 03-26-2024, 07:14 PM

Thanks! I wanted to do something kinda silly and fun, so...fruit animals!
I have a dragonfruit themed yarn I'll probably try to make a dragon with next. xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-26-2024, 09:57 PM

hehehe nice! i love dragonfruit and puns, so that's right up my alley

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 03-27-2024, 02:07 AM

Gotta finish/work on a few other projects (half-done shawl, 2/3 done blanket, assorted mostly done plushies) first, but dragonfruit will probably be one of the next dragons I make. Might be one of my summer travel projects for Derpy's adventures.